main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi, I'm new!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Philomena, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Philomena

Philomena Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2008
    Hello everyone. For more than a year now, I've been coming on these boards as an unregistered guest, checking the Expanded Universe board for the latest news on upcoming releases, and spending loads of time thoroughly exploring the fanfic areas. Then, just recently, I decided that I was missing out on all the fun and finally registered. I'm very excited about my new account and can't wait to start sharing my thoughts.

Also, I have a quick question (forgive me if this isn't the right place for it). For some unknown reason, I cannot view regular drop-down menus on websites, due to a problem with my computer. How big of an issue will that be on these boards? Thanks in advance.:)

Philomena

2. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Hey, there Philomena! Welcome to the JC. You've lurked around here for a whole year? That's quite impressive! The pull of the JC is strong, however, so it's not surprising you finally registered to join in the fun! ;)

As for your computer issue, you may be inconvenienced here and there by not being able to access the selection of colors for text or something like that, but otherwise, you'll be fine. You can definitely manage around here without coloring your text and whatnot. :)

What kind of fanfic are you into? There's a whole lot of that around, so you've got a lot to choose from. :p

Shoot me a PM if you need help finding something or just want to chat!

Trika

3. Philomena

Feb 26, 2008
    Thanks for the warm welcome, Trika. [:D]

I'm glad to hear the lack of drop-down menus won't be a big problem. I've accustomed to getting by without them by now, and I'm sure that I'll be able to figure out most of the drop-down features eventually.

As for fanfic, I spend most of my time on the Beyond the Saga board... generally reading mushy, fluffy, romantic stories. :p Or stories with lots of emotional drama. I haven't yet decided if I'm going to contribute any fanfic myself. I know next to nothing about all the "details" in the GFFA (like droids and all the different species) that would make the atmosphere more credible. I'll probably just hang around the fanfic area for a while until I'm more comfortable with my abilities.
    :)

4. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    Ah ha, you are just like me in a way. I was a lurker before I joined (but not for a whole year! :p ) as well. Although I don't read as many things in the Beyond boards, the fanfiction areas are some of my favorite places on here.

You don't really need all that much knowledge to write something credible, all you really need is wookieepedia. :p

Anyways, welcome to the insanity, if you need help with anything, feel free to PM me, or Trika. 8-}

~Silverfighter

5. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Hi, I'm old!

I never use the drop-down menus. You can click the links in the header for the menu of JC Forums. When you find boards you like, add them to your favorites.

6. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Philomena! :)

How could you stand coming here for a year without registering? I just could stand it for some few months. :p

About your question about drop down menues, it won't be a big problem. I've never used the drop down menue to access the various boards and there was a time when you didn't had a format bar while replying to a post. So you can manage without those drop downs as well and if you want to use colors, lists, highlights, faces, etc, then take a look at Help in the header. There you can find some links called "Using Markup Codes (HTML)" and "Using Faces (emoticons)". These ones will help you a lot. Plus you get a lot of additional helpful information at the 'Help'-page. :)

I hope this helps you, but if you have more questions, just ask. This is the right place to ask. :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

7. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    Welcome. At first also me has been lurking here only.

8. Philomena

Feb 26, 2008
    Wow, such a friendly board! Thanks for the welcomes, I really appreciate it. :)

Philly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.