main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hi JCF Peeps! I am an artist & avid SW fan

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Billimore, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Billimore

Billimore Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2014
    Hello all: I have taken the liberty of posting up some info about my Star Wars project on your forum - in the hope of feedback, ideas or even commissions? :)

I'm a professional artist (Alastair Eales), gallery lecturer and avid Star Wars fan (all aspects of SW from collecting to the wider SW universe). I plan to depict in watercolour the entire vintage Kenner Star Wars action figures, this will include all variations, the last 17 and Blue Snaggletooth.

A few years ago I had quite a large collection of vintage SW, but I had to downsize (due to space issues, financial issues and a very patient, but exasperated partner, who had come to the end of her tether re: my collecting).

Recently, I struck on the idea of depicting the toys in watercolour, so I could "collect" them without taking up too much space. I have started selling some on eBay, I can't claim that I am reaping a hefty reward for the financial return, but at my own indulgence, I would like to think that maybe they will be collected, cherished, shared, swapped and sold.

I chose to depict the toys in watercolour because I want a retro feel to it.

[​IMG]
    If you are interested here's a link to my Kenner SW watercolour project blog [edited]

2. UncivilizedBlaster

UncivilizedBlaster Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2014
    The level of detail in your watercolor is amazing, I really enjoy the Jabba works. =D=

3. Billimore

Billimore Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2014
    Thank you :)

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Billimore! :)

Your pic looks more than great! Really good work! =D=
    But if you like to get feedback, I suggest to re-post your pics in http://boards.theforce.net/forums/fan-art.10020/]FanArt[/url]. There are more people around who are into Art and that will help you to get a better/wider opinion.

I also had to edit out your link above, since we don't allow advertisements. But you can add it to your sig. So the more you post, the more people see it. :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

Billimore likes this.
  5. Billimore

Billimore Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2014
    Hi Skiara,

Thank you for the heads up, I will post in the FanArt section. :cool:

6. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome Billmore-

Excellent artwork. We hope you enjoy yourself on the boards, and if you need anything, please ask.

Billimore likes this.
  7. Billimore

Billimore Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2014
    Thank you for the warm welcome - this is a great forum.

8. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    I like your work (fellow painter) and also, that's a really smart idea (collecting images in lieu of physical objects).

Billimore likes this.
  9. Sithaldo

Sithaldo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 3, 2013
    Welcome to the boards.

Took at look at your artwork. Really impressed with them. Never worked with watercolours myself, I tend to stick with pencils. Really like the Boba Fett you've done there.

Billimore likes this.
  10. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome to the JC! That's quite a lovely painting. You have some real skill!

Billimore likes this.
  11. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    Welcome to the forum, Billimore!

Great artwork, I look forward to seeing more.

I hope you enjoy your time here!

:)

Billimore likes this.