main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi! Joined.. Trying to catch up on Star Wars

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by jainasky, Jun 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jainasky

jainasky Jedi Master star 1

Jun 7, 2010
    Hi everyone :)

Been a Star Wars fan since 1977, favorite characters are still Luke, Anakin/Vader and R2. Love Padme and Callista from the newer material, still have a soft spot for Han.

So here I am. Love the Classic and Prequel Trilogy. Fan of the EU as well, however around 2006 I started to lose track of it all due to real life. Currently re reading some old favorites again and catching up on the novels I missed. Was at the store yesterday and was blown away by how many novels are now out. I'll never catch up!

I missed all of the NJO (I think I read the first book only) and all of Legacy and Fate. So lots of catching up to do, bought Millennium Falcon and Betrayal at the store yesterday, amassing the collection again. Is Shadows of Mindor good?

I've got a nice little collection of Star Wars items that I keep in my office at home that I've had for years and have added to it. Figures, Sideshow, the DVD sets and video sets, soundtracks (love the music from the Saga and Shadows of the Empire) games and books. So thought I'd get an account and say hi!

Some of my favorite games are Knights of the Old Republic, Empire At War and Star Wars Legos.

Any recs for novels that you can give for NJO, Legacy of the Jedi and Fate of the Jedi?

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Welcome to the forums!

I would say that you would fit right in in the Literature and EU forums. Also, join us in the Star Wars Community some time; we'd love to have you. :)

3. Nadia-Oomia

Nadia-Oomia Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2009
    I'm glad that we have another addition to the forums. Please by all means make yourself comfortable.:)

I also think that you would fit just right in the Literature section of the forums ;)

And I too feel overwhelmed with all of the new Star Wars novels that have been coming out, I don't know how I'm going to read them all [face_laugh]

4. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Hey Jainasky! Welcome to the Boards! :D [:D]

Be sure to check out the Legacy comics. The Legacy era is right now considered to be the future of Star Wars. New EU to be out soon is Star Wars: The Old Republic, a massive multi-player online game set in the KOTOR era, and Knight Errant, with comics and a novel, set in the New Sith Wars. Although Legacy is coming to an end there's plenty new coming up in the Star Wars Expanded Universe; don't forget The Force Unleashed video game either. ;) The Literature board will be a great place for you, I'm sure. :D As for question, yeah, I liked Shadows of Mindor. In some ways I viewed it as part of Star Wars getting back to its roots; the dark wizard Cronal was an excellent Sith villain, and of course the author was the famed Matt Stover. ;)

Also, do come over to the Star Wars Community. Plenty of stuff there for any member of the forums, including the infamous Cloud City Cantina, the main social thread of the board. :D

P.S. I must say I would have expected the name jainasky to have been taken a long time ago. :p [face_laugh]

5. jainasky

Jun 7, 2010
    Thank you JediGunShip, Nadia and Darth Dreadwar for the welcomes and the suggestions!

I've been reading quite a few of the boards, I do love the literature section in the EU. I can see spending quite a bit of time there :)

And Darth Dreadwar - happy the user name wasn't taken, I love this user name :)

6. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    [image=http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq95/amp854/animations/POTC/cjshonor.gif]

Looks like everyone's been pointing you in the right direction. Or multiple directions. :p If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. :D

7. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    :D

I like your user name. Still surprised it wasn't taken in the decade+ that this forum has existed for. :p

8. jainasky

Jun 7, 2010
    Hi Qui-Gon Reborn, love the Capt Jack gif :)

Darth - they must have been waiting for me to get here :D

9. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Dreadwar must've told you how to get on my good side. :p

10. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Where did I get this reputation of being such a scheming mastermind from? 8-} :p

11. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Comes with being a Dark Lord and chief executor of an empire, I'd warrant. :p

12. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    I figured. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.