main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi! Question about special characters in forum...

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by ACE_Albert, Sep 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ACE_Albert

ACE_Albert Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2007
    Hey guys, I registered here not to long ago and am very glad I found this excellent Star Wars forum! :)

I just had a question: it appears that some days when I post, special characters (e.g. the é in Padmé) come out properly, but then other days the é becomes replaced with two strange characters namely, an A with a tilde followed by a copyright symbol. I always post using the same browser and the same computer. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem, if there is a way to get around this problem, or if it's just a random forum bug?

If this isn't the appropriate place to post this question, please move it to wherever it belongs - thanks! :)

2. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    IGNBQ can't handle foreign characters very well. With the French characters, it seems able to get them right sometimes. As you go further afield though, the Slavic and Cyrillic characters don't work at all :p

3. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I've seen and heard about this problem a few times, but I don't know if there's anything you can do to make it work properly. Maybe you can ask LAJ_FETT in the tech thread. There you can post everything about technical errors and technical questions. She'll help you as much as she can. :)

4. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I know that a lot of fanficers have this problem when they type something in MS Word and then copy/paste it here into the boards. Not sure why it happens, just that it happens to a lot of people. Though if your not copy/pasting then I don't know why that is happening.

I just don't put the ' on the e! ;)

5. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    I think some dude with no life at all came up with a solution to your problem in this thread in Communications. :D

- lazy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.