main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi there, newbie waves back at you...

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by neosildrake, Aug 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neosildrake

neosildrake Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2010
    Ok, as you all can see at the subject, I'm new here. I'm female, well above the age of consent and reside in Germany.

I've been a avid ff reader for many years and of course SW is amongst my favs. My fav charas are Obi-Wan, Yoda and Mace in I-III, Dooku in II, Luke and Han in IV-VI. I support slash (Q/O, O/A, H/L) and don't you dare to diss me because of it. The boys are simply too cute and sexy for their own good. [face_blush]

I have only read two of the book, thus my knowledge about this kind of stuff is rudimentary. Also while I am a fan, I'm not an excessive one. I neither own plastic models nor a selfmade lightsaber. sorry.

I have a few plotbunnies I want to post, but maybe they already exist in a similar form on the board. However, I do not have enough patience to search through 80+ pages of possible plotbunnies to make sure. So... would it be possible to not be angry if a similar bunny is already hopping around or maybe even has been adopted?

I did write a whole bunch of SW plotbunnies about 2-3 years ago on affnet, but they overhauled their website so many times, that they got lost trice! :(

Anyway, no need to bitch. As soon as I find my bunnies on my HDD again, I'll post a few of them.

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Welcome to the forums.

3. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    Hello and welcome aboard! :)

So you're in Germany, huh? Me too. :D You'll find there's a surprisingly large number of us around, actually.

Don't worry about limited knowledge of the books or not having a huge collection of Star Wars merchandise - you're in good company. :p It's most definitely not a requirement here!

Have you discovered our Fan Fiction forums yet? I think you might like them. ;) A word of warning, though: I'm afraid slash fiction is not allowed to be posted on these forums. But I can assure you there's still a huge amount of stories that are well worth reading. :) The Writers' Resource is the best place to find answers to all your fic-related questions.

Well, I hope to see you around, and have fun posting! :D

4. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Hello and welcome. :)

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome to the JC!! Morgaine's right about slash, but don't worry about similar bunnies - there are a TON of stories, and some are similar, but there's plenty of variety. I'm sure yours will be as unique as the others :)

6. neosildrake

neosildrake Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2010
    Thank you for the welcome.
    I already posted a few bunnies in the plot bunny thread. Click HERE if you want to read them.

Thank you also for the notion about slash fiction, don't worry, I only write bunnies, because I never finish stories I start, thus I don't start them at all.

However, even thouh slash fiction isn't allowed, are slash-possible plot bunnies allowed? Whoever takes them on (if someone takes them on) can post the fiction somewhere else after all.

Also some of my plot bunnies are (at least partially) x-overs with various genres ranging from books to anime. Are they allowed here?

Thanks again.

CU, have fun and smile,
    neosildrake

7. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    Ah, that's too bad you never get around to finishing any stories. I mean, I would totally be the same if I tried writing fanfic, but I like reading a good, complete story nonetheless. :p

Regarding the slash-possible plot bunnies, I guess it would depend on the level of detail in your plot description. If it's just there as a possibility - because the two main characters are of the same sex, for example - then I suppose it would be okay and up to the writer to decide if they want to go that route. Anything that's hinting too strongly at a relationship, probably not. There have been many very heated debates on this subject in the past, so the mods are quite strict on the subject now. But I'm not the most well-versed person when it comes to the FanFiction forums; and when in doubt, you could always ask the fanfic mods directly - they know best. :)

But crossovers are definitely okay. :D There are plenty in all fanfic forums (before, during & after the saga). And there's a board for non-Star Wars fiction too, if you got ideas for that as well... ;)

8. Herglic

Herglic Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.