main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Hi there!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by DarkDisciple, Jan 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkDisciple

DarkDisciple Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 20, 2005
    Hey newbie here, was so cool to find a site devoted to south aussies today. stumbled across your site while i was meant to be working. I cant say i got much work done once i found it i Think i read just about every topic on ya list cant wait till you get the home page up and running looks great.

2. dashleebo

dashleebo Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 18, 2003
    Welcome, DarkDisciple! I'm not an Adelaide resident (I live in NSW), but I hope you enjoy this forum, and the JC as a whole. If you need any help, feel free to ask. If you haven't seen the New Users forum, I'd recommend it, as there are many helpful threads.

Hope you have fun here. :)

3. DarkDisciple

Jan 20, 2005
    Thanks Dashleebo, i had a look at a few today. Ive been a big star wars fan for ages but ive only ever been able to find trekkie groups in adelaide, finally nice to find a group with the same interests. Really enjoyed checking out the site, downloaded a heap of Fan films today too. some of them where pretty damm good. so from what i gather did you do the art work for the SAFF banner?? looks good.

4. dashleebo

Oct 18, 2003
    Yeah I did, thanks. ;) I also must mention that a guy named milney (JCer) helpd me with it, too.

I assume you've had a look at the Costuming & Props forum, and the Fan Films forum then? I'm not into either myself, I prefer graphics, and art. Have you ever made anything, such as a saber, or costume, etc?

5. DarkDisciple

Jan 20, 2005
    yeah i have researched it a fair bit in this site and others but havent built anything yet. currently working on a alluminium saber likeness of Obi Wans out of the phantom menace, going to be polished alluminuim, plastics and lights, going to cannabalise a toy lightsaber for power up and down sound. also got some pretty cool idea for costumes dark jedi and bounty hunter stuff made outta resins etc

6. dashleebo

Oct 18, 2003
    I'm nearly clueness when it comes to the materials :p , but good luck with your creations! ;)

What are some of your favourite movies? (besides SW, of course..)

7. DarkDisciple

Jan 20, 2005
    hhmmm thats a tough one got so many
    The L.O.T.R Trilogy
    The 13th warrior
    Matrix (first only last too Sucked)
    Kpax
    Alien / Aliens
    Ghost In The Shell
    Blues Brothers
    any old Clint eastwood westerns
    Strange Days

man i could go on for ever i have so many got a killer home theatre set up at home once the things paid off lol im gonna get a projector

8. dashleebo

Oct 18, 2003
    I love the LOTR trilogy! Went to an exhibiton for it, a few days ago, was brilliant. I still need to buy ROTK on DVD though.
    I also liked the first Matrix. Heh, that reminds me.. when I went to see the last one, half way through the film there was a blackout, and everyone got a free movie ticket (to any movie) :D Good thing too, as the film really sucked for the most part. Have heard of the Blues Brothers, but I haven't watched it. I think Kpax is going to be on tv in a few days (here anyway), I might watch it, if there's nothing better on.

I've always wanted my own home theatre..but it seems, that'll have to wait until I move out.

9. TK1571

TK1571 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2003
    Welcome aboard D_D

Hope u enjoy our little forum, not much happening at the moment... :( apart from the Quiz night.

once again welcome :D

10. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome DarkDisciple!! Nice to see you here!! Don't suppose you are free next Saturday night for a quiz night!?!? :p

I'm Adalia your South Australian Chapter Representative. Need anything or have a question regarding our group, shoot me a PM or just ask here...I'll do my best to help you! We have a few collectors here, and several costume makers....for pictures of costumes see the Norwood Christmas Pageant thread, and yes if everyone is willing, we will do it again this year..... ;)

Make yourself at home! :D

11. DarkDisciple

Jan 20, 2005
    hey there tk and adalia love ya site guys, i was checking out ya pics and stuff earlier today. very cool!! Great out fits guys and thanks for the Welcome. quiz night sounds great. so how was everyones week??

12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Busy....but as a mum I have kids to run my life for me....they're getting antsy, both want to go back to school and are literally counting the days. My son asked me to buy him a 'study at home Maths book' today, I did. He's half way through it already.

So, are you a collector or just a fan?

13. TK1571

Sep 10, 2003
    ok i guess but pain yesterday and today, short one person and as usual twice as much works comes through....

looking forward to bucks night tomorrow ;) :D

14. DarkDisciple

Jan 20, 2005
    im a fan, not really a collector. But i do have a few peices of original edition figures from when i was a kid. Into costumes and props, even though i havent got any yet. pretty handy with that kinda stuff though, sewing, metal work, resin moulds that kind of thing. pretty much like anything sci fi but start wars is definately on top of the list. currently in the process of making a saber hilt out of alluminium just need to buy a few more tools and materials got te plans all sorted just ave to find the materials but pretty much know where to go. also started gettting into model making. so what aout you and tk ??? i know your fans , do you guys collect??

15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    How many bucks nights have you been to this last 6 months TK, I am inclined to start singing, "All my friends are getting married..." :p

I am a collector as is TK, but not a 'must have' collector. I buy what I like mostly. I love the costume side of things as well. I have a couple of 'home made' sabers and now a beautiful Mace Windu Masta Replica one from the US...thanks to my wonderful husband! :D [face_love]

16. TK1571

Sep 10, 2003
    I do collect figures, Lego and other assorted stuff, given up on the books though... but have scaled back on everything since i bought my house :( I have several costumes, a stormtrooper, Royal guard, Snowtrooper, Death star gunner and sandtrooper....

AD has stacks as well :p of costumes of course

Only second Bucks ;) yes they all are except me :(

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I have a Princess Leia ceremonial, Jedi robes, Padme ceremonial, Padma 'packing' dress, and two Mara Jade costumes...and my kids have Slave Leia and Jedi Robes...

18. DarkDisciple

Jan 20, 2005
    wow that sounds cool been checking out quite a few sabre sites, and was looking at a graflex flash unit on ebay( the light sabre that obi wan gives luke. got some cool ideas for a custume few electronic do hickys change ya voice etc. going to buy a second hand sewing machine soon. so how often do you guys meet up do you have a regular get together????

Very cool tk was reading about your suits earlier today at work was looking at the pics on yuour site loved t sabre through the head had a bit of a chuckle

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Nothing regular at the moment. We just arrange fun things when we can. Hoping to do a Laser hunt or go kart day soon. We have the quizz night next week. Had a Christmas picnic and that was great fun, even had an Xmas tree covered in lightsabers!! :p But as non of us are willing to spend bunches of money on a 'hall or such' to meet in, at this stage we meet in public places that are accessable by all, and cheap if possible! ;)

20. DarkDisciple

Jan 20, 2005
    sounds good i was reading a few earlier forums today, lazer skirmish and go karting sounds great. loved the gold class idea too have you been there yet?? i went last month was fantastic. so i take it you guys are from south side adelaide ?? im from seacombe heights.

Well im off to bed so i will see you another day take care all. Will be back again though was nice chatting.

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    TK (who has gone to bed btw) is from the north...I'm in Sheidow Park......few from the south....lots lost in the North.. :p

22. DarkDisciple

Jan 20, 2005
    Take care adalia, have a great weekend will chat with ya soon thanks for the info nite

23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Oh? You're going to bed as well? Ok...shrugs man you younin's can't last late can you? :p Night and not a problem. ;)

24. Motherly_Princess

Motherly_Princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2004
    Hi there, i'm the one who has a Jedi, An X-wing pilot and an ewok as my children

25. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Hi.
    Good to see another darksider

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.