main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi there.

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Husion, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Husion

Husion Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2010
    I guess this is my second kick-off discussion of the day, so I have to wait until tomorrow to jump-start discussions on other boards, right?

My favorite character in movie history is Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine. He even scared George Lucas, who was afraid to give him a first name!

Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine had no fear [except during his battle with brand new Sith Lord Mace Windu]. He was so evil, he was the only character in movie history I know of who was not afraid to even show the audience he was evil!

My favorite two scenes in all of the Star Wars movies were:

S/P: HA, HA, HA, HA... GOOD! Ha, ha, ha, ha. Your hate has made you powerful! NOW... FULFILL YOUR DESTINY... AND TAKE YOUR FATHER'S PLACE AT MY SIDE!

[Luke looks at his own mechanical hand, then at his father's, then realizes something.]

Luke: Never! I'll never turn to the Dark Side! [At least not this time, maybe later. Don't forget... at Jabba's palace Luke used a Dark Force maneuver by choking the guard! Luke used the Dark Side when he wanted. He was perfectly groomed to fall later.]

Emperor: [Oh, that's how it's going to be?] So be it!

and

S/P: If you will not be turned...

you will be destroyed!

[Anakin arises]

SP: Young fool! Only now... at the end do you understand! [Lightning strikes] Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side! [More lightning strikes. Evil music plays-- hey, he gets his own theme song!] You shall pay the price for your lack of vision! [Luke is in pain]

Luke: Father, please help me! [You're next, you know. He just orderd YOUR death, too! Oh, Emperor! I'm sorry I destroyed your Death Star!]

SP: NOW, young Skywalker... you will die!

[Anakin watches and does nothing.] Luke dies.

S/P: This is all your fault, fool! YOU'RE the one who brought this brat into existence! I didn't tell you to actually SLEEP with that witch! [Lightning strikes, with 1/20th of the power. Anakin dies in three seconds.]

S/P: Dammit! Now I need a new apprentice! [hears speaker blaring from chair] Emperor Palpatine! Emperor Palpatine! The Rebels have destroyed the Death Star!

S/P: DAMN! GUARDS! Get me outta here! [Guards rush in.] Carry me if you have to! This thing is about to blow! [Guards get him to safety.]

Later on Coruscant: DAMMIT all to hell! I've got, what, a year or two to live? Hmm... maybe that brat has a sibling! But I don't have time to build a new death star!

I rewrote it, but hey, it would have given us a sequel! Maybe Leia could learn about the TRUE Force on her own without being seduced by the Jedi who were actually Siths in disguise in the original 6 stories!

2. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    Welcome Husion! I am also very fond of Palpatine, he is the ultimate "bad guy".

Your opening was great![face_laugh]

3. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    [image=http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq95/amp854/animations/POTC/cjshonor.gif]

My favorite character in movie history is Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine. He even scared George Lucas, who was afraid to give him a first name!

Nice one! [face_laugh] I seriously have to remember that one! :p

You've certainly made quite the entrance for yourself. Why don't you stop by at the Star Wars Community forum? I'm sure you'd fit right in! Or The Old Republic forum, if you want to discuss the soon-to-be greatest MMORPG to hit the planet.

4. Husion

Apr 8, 2010
    Thank you for your responses, Jar Jar and Qui-Gon. [I always want to type "Qui-God"]

soon-to-be greatest MMORPG to hit the planet.

I'm not sure what this means. I know of the movies and a few books, which I have read [w/ many I have bought but not read yet].

5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Husion! :)

First, it's cool that you find your way to WNU finally. :D

The Old Republic is a Mass-Mulitplayer-Online-Roleplaying-Game (MMORPG) which will be released soon (as far as I got QGR above - I'm not too much into games myself). So, if you're interested in games, it's worth to visit this new board and/or the general games board. :)

In addition I like to link you to FanFic, since you just started with the first one above. So maybe you like to write more FanFiction? :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome to the JC, Husion! It looks like you'd have a great time in Fan Fiction - basically, you can write your own stories in the Star Wars universe! (Or other universes; we have a non-Star Wars board as well.)

And I know you'd like Census and Games - it's a fun place to play games and get to know your fellow JCers! In fact, Pirate Dice and Battle Royale both need one more player! You should stop in and sign up :)

7. Husion

Apr 8, 2010
    Wow, guys, thanks for the info!

I'll have to remember to come back here from time to time and check these things so.

So far I have been wanting to debate Star Wars philosophy but eventually I will move on to other things as well, like what you mention.

See, my own father died last year and to sum it all up...

he died while following the Dark Side. He was influential to me when I was younger and he brought me to the true God. And so I owe my life in the spirit to him. However, he often abused [mental] me after I started growing more than he did. Our last visit ended with my having a vision that he was about to die. And four months later he did just that. And in the same way I pictured it. He didn't believe me... obviously until it happened.

Separately, I am attempting to patch things up with my mother, but she apparently is not ready yet. [I told her of my prophecy of my father, but she does not believe me, even though it happened.]

And so I have been a Star Wars fan since 1977.

In fact, Star Wars influenced me to write about my own sci-fi novel. My user name, Husion, is the lead charater in this novel. one day I hope to get the work published, and like Lucas, I realized after writing "the story" that there are three distinct prequels to be addressed.

But I don't want to use "Star Wars" to present my own work. One day, I hope to get published the story about Husion and others. It is basically a one-day war story.

I am now 46 years old and saw Star Wars A New Hope when I was 14. So I'm a bit old for games, or...I just don't have time for them. I love to read a lot, in addition to communicating on-line and things. Thank you for the info.

8. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
  9. Husion

Apr 8, 2010
    Thank you, manager.

[I can't quite make out your name. Pink must not be my color!]:)

10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] You're welcome :) It's NYCitygurl, but most people just call me Nat :)

11. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    [face_laugh] That's great.

Hello.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.