main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Hi Hi there

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Asajj Ventress, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Asajj Ventress

Asajj Ventress Jedi Padawan

Jan 3, 2018
    Hey there! I've recently gotten back into my Star Wars obsession and the usual outlets (playing SWTOR and rewatching old episodes of Clone Wars) aren't cutting it! I wanted to find a place to talk about it and I hope this is the place, I haven't been a fan for long (a little more than a year) but I've caught up a lot in that time. I'm a huge Asajj Ventress fan, obviously, along with a lot of, mostly female and mostly alien, characters - Ahsoka is another favorite. Basically, I prefer the video games, tv shows and other media to the movies -- sorry; obviously as a SW fan I enjoy them but I'm more interested in the lore and universe they created than the films themselves, it's just personal preference (I prefer the alien characters to the human-dominated movies haha, they're so much more interesting, visually and with backstory in my opinion - especially the new films, TFA and TLJ seem to have no iconic Star Wars alien races anywhere...).

I'm currently watching Rebels (on season 2; love Hera and Ahsoka), re-reading Dark Disciple (just ordered Ahsoka the novel too, I've heard good things!) and playing a ton of SWTOR (fantastic game) as I mentioned above. Want to learn more about the SW universe - maybe get into the EU, most of what I've encountered so far has been canon (besides SWTOR and KOTOR). Hope I have fun here and have some interesting things and perspectives to add :) Might get into roleplaying eventually too, it's been a couple of years since I've been on a forum like this! I'm excited.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  2. RinaRayLove

RinaRayLove Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2016
    Welcome to the forum. Its nice seeing more sw nerds like myself. I feel like rewatching clone wars myself. I miss that show.

3. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Hand of the Mod Squad and Enforcer of the Realm star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome to the forum @Asajj Ventress. If you ahve any questions about navigating the forum, please let us know.

KyloViral and Asajj Ventress like this.
  4. Lady Belligerent

Lady Belligerent • WNU Adoptions Coordinator• star 7 VIP - Game Host

Jan 29, 2008
    Welcome!

Ventress is pretty amazing, but Lumiya usually tops my list. I’ll never get over how her story ended. :(

5. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    [​IMG]

Welcome!!!!!

[​IMG]

:D

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Host, PT Interview Thread star 10 VIP - Game Host

Feb 18, 2014
    Be Sure to check out our TV section where we discuss TCW, Rebels, The Original CW show and even The droids show and Ewoks season 1 and 2.

Also, we have a forum for The EU and New Canon.

7. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Welcome to the forums!

Ventress is my favorite darksider. She expanded so much of the darkside characters we knew.

Asajj Ventress and Master_Rebado like this.
  8. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 30, 2017
    Hello there and welcome to the forum @Asajj Ventress - I hope you will enjoy it here :)

Asajj Ventress and Master_Rebado like this.
  9. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2014
    Hi @Asajj Ventress! I'm amazed you were able to actually create such a direct character's username this late in the game. When I first joined the forum, I never thought about just using "Ahsoka Tano" lol.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    Asajj Ventress likes this.
  10. Asajj Ventress

Asajj Ventress Jedi Padawan

Jan 3, 2018
    I just tried it and got lucky ;)

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  11. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Welcome! And no one had the username taken too! Thats quite surprising for the character! I'm genuinely surprised.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2014
    Master_Rebado likes this.
  13. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Welcome!! (lol kinda late from me!)

I think it's awesome that you like the alien characters! There is so much creativity and beauty in the Star Wars universe!! See ya around!

14. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    Welcome, @Asajj Ventress and congratulations on landing an actual character name. Very cool.

I too have been a Star Wars fan for about a year and am more interested in the TV shows and books than I am the films. Have you seen the 2003 Clone Wars mini series? Ventress was pretty cool in that, particularly in her initiation into the Sith.

15. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Hand of the Mod Squad and Enforcer of the Realm star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  16. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 3, 2016
    Since you seem to be a dark sider, there are a few Dark Side oriented threads:
    The Sith Empire
    The Knights of Darkness

17. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    Welcome! Nice to meet you. It's always good to meet a fellow Star Wars fan. And that's pretty cool! :D

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018