main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Hi

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by swqueen759, Jan 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swqueen759

swqueen759 Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2004
    Hi everyone. I'm new. U know me on sw.com as queenjamilla but I got a new computer and for some reason it doesn't work so I came here. I live in Memphis. DAH! Well I'd uv to talk to anyone about ANY sw subject. I luv them all. So im me!

2. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    Hello queen, welcome aboard. Make sure you ceck out the thread about our bowling outing. all are invited to come along.

So what's your SW stiche, Books, Collecting, Costums?

3. swqueen759

Jan 14, 2004
    umm a bit of all. I like reading the EU best though.

4. swqueen759

Jan 14, 2004
    o, and I do costumes. I like to Draw so...I love the costumes. And I'll c about bowling. I think I have plans though.

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Welcome to the Memphis FanForce, SWQueen. Pull up a chair and join in the madness, or start a new thread of your own. We're always glad to see a new face around here, and hope you'll stick around and take part in the fun we have planned for 2004.

Please have a look at the thread labeled "Two gutter balls ago in a galaxy far, far away..." for information on our next meeting, which is next Saturday, January 31st. We'd love to have you along.

Also, one thing you'll notice is that we all address each other by our real first names. We do this not only because we all know each other and have met face-to-face quite often, but because I feel that it puts things well beyond the anonymity of the online experience, which can be far too impersonal. If you care to introduce yourself and allow us to call you by your real name, we welcome it. If not, we understand and will respect your choice.

Again, welcome to the SMT!!!

-Tim

6. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Welcome! I haven't been to the sw.com boards in a long time, but I'm glad you found us over here. We have several EU readers here and an EU discussion thread, so feel free to jump right in.

Some of us are also planning a costumed appearance at MidSouthCon this year in March and welcome any fellow costumers to join us. :)

~Traci

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    That, and we're always looking for advice from experienced costumers.

8. DarthToddy

DarthToddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2004
    I wanna jump in on the "HI" thread here as well since I'm new. I did happen to meet one of your/our fanclub membersover 4 or 5 months ago and never got to follow up on coming to a meeting in October. Tough decision to make between a SW fanclub and family reunion. I went with the reunion since there was more likely better food there (HA)!!!
    Sorry to not have come and I always surf the theforce.net and happen to see another meeting posted so I thought I would chime in this time!! I've lived in Memphis for 2 years now and going through a divorce :( , but hopefully I can have more fun now and meet some new friends who share MY interests :)!!!
    I quick rundown on my SW passions..I collect figures 1st, read the books 2nd: finished SOTE, Zahn Tril., Shadow Hunter, all the NJO and starting CW novels...first up Shatterpoint, plus all the movie novels (a must for any SW fan)!!! The Jedi academy Trilogy and some others I can't remember. The third I do is play the video games of SW...Kyle Katarn series..DF2, JO, and JA. Next up KOTOR!!!
    That's the short version....I hope to make the bowling on the 31st and meet a lot of the members for the first time!!! I use to be an athlete and bowl some too, so maybe I won't embarrass myself to bad :S!!!
    Nice to meet you and hope to see you guys soon and post in here often!!! MTFBWY....A

9. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Great to see you here, Darth Toddy! Grab a peanut butter and banana sandwich and an RC Cola and jump right in!

Wow! We haven't had two new people show up here in one day since...

well... Hang on. I don't think we've ever had two in one day.

Take a look around the place and see just how laid-back we are. Do you mind if we call you by your first name here on the boards? It's an SMT tradition here.

And please do come to the meeting on the 31st.

Also, we're hard at work on costuming for this year's MidSouthCon (and hopefully, DragonCon as well). Give us a shout if you're into that sort of thing, too.

Glad to have you here!

-Tim

10. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Hi DarthToddy and swqueen759 :D good to see another costumer!

11. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Hey newbies! Glad you dropped in and hope you'll stick around- I hate it when I have to answer my own posts!

The SMT is a great group, and I'm not just saying that because Tim's helping me with a new jedi costume!

I met a lot of the gang at last year's MidSouthCon and hit it off just like the lost disfunctional family members we all are.

Hope you can make it out bowling, to the MSC, or this year's Drive-In Movie Nights- they are fantastic!

Should be a great year coming up, so feel free to post, host, or join us at any events.

Oh, you can call me Lin, Dork-Vader, or Lord Dorky- dark lord of SMT propaganda!

Welcome!

12. DarthToddy

DarthToddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2004
    Thanks to everyone who is saying hello. Just asking, is there a thread about collectors in Memphis and updates about new characters in stores that people see? I go hunting about every other day, so I find some good things every now and then.

John

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    John: We started a collecting thread called "These aren't the toys you're looking for...", but I don't think it's been active much lately. Please feel free to bring it back to life. We have several collectors here. Unfortunately, two of our biggest collectors haven't been very active lately.

Don't worry, I'll hog-tie one and bring him to the bowling alley next weekend. Sal(The Darkness X) has just about everything. (At least it seems that way.) Dale(Irish Thunder) is an avid collector, too, and I'm hoping he'll make a return soon. Lin (Dork Vader, Ima Toydarian, Obi-G-Y-N) is also a big collector, and not just of SW toys.

14. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    That's because Lin has no life...or is it because Lin has no 'wife'? Or does Lin have no wife because he has no life, or no life because he has no wife...ow, my head hurts!

15. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Take it easy on yourself there, Lin... [face_laugh]

16. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    "I don't need anyone, I just need this chair, and this remote control, and this paddleball- that's all I need!"

17. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    "Don't forget the Slinky!"

Ok, here I go again answering my own posts again!

18. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Everyone loves Slinky!

Well, at least you can carry on a good conversation with yourself, Lin. My inner voices won't even talk to me anymore. They know I'm crazy.

I think they're wrong.

19. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Sometimes there are so many voices in my head I have to ask them each to take a number!

20. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    Welcome Toddy Glad to have ya on the boards and look forward to meeting you Saturday.

-Tim C.

21. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I thought I'd posted this the other night, but apparently it didn't go thru.

Welcome, swqueen and DarthToddy. I'm Steve, and it's nice to see you both here. You'll have lots of fun. We're a nice bunch.

22. swqueen759

Jan 14, 2004
    Wow! So many to talk to! This is great! I'm so sry i could come saturday. I had already made plans:-( So what do y'all like to read and collect and stuff?

23. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Well, I'm definitely not the one to talk to about reading. And I'm actually not that much of a collector. Only if it's something I just gotta have (i.e. Aayla Secura figure), or if it's something I don't think will hang around long (see Aayla Secura figure).

But if you wanna talk about the films, the cartoons, movies, music, munchies, or MST3K...I'm your guy.

24. swqueen759

Jan 14, 2004
    ok then. Which movies ur favorite?

25. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    "Yeah, we're OTG...Original Trilogy Gangstas."

Sorry, but Steve posted that in the Possible Ep. 7-9 scripts thread and it pretty much sums up most of us around here- although Rhonda's been much happier since Anakin grew up!

I've had a love/hate relationship with the SP ED's and Ep1 and Ep2. There's a lot of things I love about them and think are just fun as all get out, but there's other things that just drive me nuts everytime I watch them! (I also realized recently that every movie theater I saw the OT in here in Memphis is now closed or gone!)

Don't read much of the EU- mostly comics and novels that came out before/around the time ROTJ was released. Read most of the comics for several years, and occasionally pick up some of the Dark Horse issues. I've got a few recent novels at home I need to start back reading. I've also got a few EU books on audio I've listened to.

I collected figures for a few years, and occasionally still pick up a few new ones now and then- just got an older Watto and slave Leia this past weekend. I've still got a lot of the older original toys and collectibles from when I was a kid.

Working with Tim on a new Jedi costume to debut at MSC this March. It's looking sweeeet!

I don't play many of the games, mostly just when my nieces and nephews come over!

I'm a graphic artist for a screen printing company here in Memphis, and in my spare time I love to draw, paint, and sculpt. I also do some volunteer work for the Ronald McDonald House, and am a member of the MidSouth Cartoonists Association.

swqueen759- what about you?

DarthToddy- good to have you and swqueen759 on-board. Hope to see you at the bowling outting this Saturday!

Lin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.