hi!

Discussion in 'Calgary, AB' started by im_posessed, Oct 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. im_posessed Jedi Knight

star 3
    i'm an atlantic canadian currently living in calgary. actually, i've been here since july but havn't been to this site in a looong time

nice to meet you all!

2. veritate Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hi there! Nice to meet you! Welcome to Calgary and the Calgary boards!

Are you staying in Calgary long? Hopefully we can get the meetings going and you could join us!

So, what sorts of SW things do you like to do? Personally, I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to all this, so I don't really have anything in particular I like to do. I have lots of friends that do costuming and one day I'd like to get into it too... but AFTER my degree is finally done. My husband tells me I'll have to build my own lightsabre eventually, if I'm to complete my training... that's a bit daunting, but maybe one day...:cool:
  3. im_posessed Jedi Knight

star 3
    i'm here til Dec. 22, so yeah hopefully sometime we could al get together.

i havn't done a lot of star wars stuff, i was part of a fanforce chapter back home, but then everyone left and it kinda disolved. I did enjoy waiting 6 hours for the midnight opening of the clone wars, and am much looking forward to the movie opening next may (going to see it is actually part of my honeymoon ;))
    i havn't done any costuming, but that wouldbe a lot of fun!

4. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    It's great to see more and more people coming onto the boards. So you leave to head back east On Dec 22. Are you back after that? Anyways great to have you aboard.

Veritate lightsaber is not really that hard it just takes a little imagination and some time finding the parts. If youwant a few links to get you started let me know. I've build a bunch.

PreludeRM
  5. im_posessed Jedi Knight

star 3
    i'm back next June and dragging my man with me, also a starwars fan, so it'll be a 2 for 1 deal lol

nice to meet you!
  6. Jaeden2k Jedi Knight

star 2
    greetings from Winnipeg. now officially Winter-peg as the snow is falling...whoo-oo!

I am wondering if anyone would like to get together and play some trivia, have some drinks, watch/listen to the Trilogy, and shoot the preverbial she-ite!

I will be in Calgary around mid to late january for 4 - 5 days and wouldn't mind meeting some fellow Star Wars enthusiasts. Heck, I'd even bring some vintage action figures and prized Landspeeder for a gander.

Cheers
  7. LEXIAL Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hi! It is nice to meet you, and congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Myself I am originally from calgary.....which is not typical I have been told. Most people I meet are from somewhere else. I hope to meet you all in person sometime at a group outing.

Have a great day everyone!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.