Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediravenclaw Jedi Master

star 3
    Hi everyone :)

I'm moving up to attend the University of Evansville in mid Augest and was hoping that I may be able to join you guys.

I know that some fanforces have age limits (well, the one by me does - set at 21) so I was wondering if I would be able to join you when I moved? It'd mean so much to me, and would be neat to know people before I got there too! Especially people who love these movies as much as I do :) (a bit less of a culture shock anyways) :)

Thank you for your time! :D
  2. TC517 Jedi Master

star 4
    We have no age limits here, but there is a waver thingy for anyone under 18. Feel free to join us!

Where are you from, BTW? I didn't think fanforces had age limits.... sounds like they are missing out. :)

3. Mr_Self_Destrukt Jedi Knight

star 3
    Welcome aboard, we have a great group.
  4. xOKxTrunks Jedi Knight

star 1
    well, good thing for no age limits, I'm probably the youngest ranking in at 16 :(
  5. jediravenclaw Jedi Master

star 3
    This is so great! Thank you so much!

TC517: I live in Florida right now...the closest to me is the ft. Lauderdale chapter. I don't know if the age limit is still in place, but it was a few years ago when I tried to join. And I'm 18 now... just a few months ago actually :)

Mr. Self Destrukt: Thank you! I don't doubt it in the least! :)

xOKxTrunks: There's no shame in that ;) I'm only a two years older myself :)

Thanks so much again everyone, I'm really excited! Having something like this to look foreword to kind of takes the edge off of moving somewhere so far away ;) :) Would you guys mind at all if I maybe hung around here and got to know you a little before I came up?

My name is Lierin by the way. I've been a star wars fan for...well, I cant remember when I wasn't. I'm an avid costumer too - jedi, sith, Amidala... One of the few luxuries I'm bringing with me is my sewing machiene :D - I don't think I could ever part with her. ;) I'd love an excuse to make Palp's red coronation robes, but I think that there are probably more pressing graduation related things that I should be working on at this point :)

Thank you again! :)
  6. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome jediravenclaw!

It is absolutely okay to hang out on our board! Since you will be joining us soon (and even if you weren't) we wouldn't have it any other way.

7. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    You have to promise not to run away and never come online again like the last girl who went to UE and wanted to join :p

Beyond that, welcome :p
  8. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    YAY!! Another Female!!! That's "5", count 'em, "5" of us now!!! *Happy Geeky Girly Dance of Joy*

And I think you'll really like UE. It's been my favorite school so far out of the 4 I've been to. Great teachers, great class sizes, and usually great curriculum as well. I think I may still have some of the books from the core classes (like World Cultures 101 & 102), and I know I still have my Calculus book (never did get the chance to go back to the firing range and blast the darned thing into smithereens)

Anywho... welcome aboard the board, and we'll save a seat for ya'. :)
  9. Zar_Valen Jedi Knight

star 1
    Welcome jediravenclaw!
  10. Y2Jedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Yes. Welcome. Rejoice. And other tidings of goodness. So, random question. Why leave Florida for cold and snowy UE?
  11. -master-yoda- Jedi Knight

Once again GeekGoddess beat me to it, but...

Woot! Another female! :D

Welcome :)
  12. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    It's just because I'm a Forum Junkie and on here (the computer) all the darned time.
  13. jediravenclaw Jedi Master

star 3
    Wow, thank you again! :)

WedgesOtherNephew: Thank you :), I appreciate that!

stackpole: Don't worry, I won't run away!, I promise! :D

Y2Jedi: Why leave Florida? Because it's hot. really really hot. Imagine waking up and walking into a blast furnace every morning from march until early November. ;) Then there are the hurricanes (we were hit with 4 last year and this year the season is starting early) and the allergies, and the endless clouds of bugs that never die off during the winter because the temperature only gets down to 40 F if we are lucky ;)

This is just my perception of Florida anyway...I'm actually originally from Michigan, so I love the snow, the fall, the cold. I knew from the moment I moved down that I HAD to go to school up north somewhere :D

Geek Goddess: You know, I hear that a lot! ...Well, more like "...a girl? what's that?" from a lot of my friends, so this is good to hear, lol :D

And that's really good to hear about UE. I was surprised at how many people around me down here had heard of it! and the amount of positive things that I have heard just makes me know that I've made the right choice before even registering for my classes :)

*shudder*...calculus...I just finished the Advanced Placement course and hope to NEVER take another one again ;)

Master Yoda: Thank you!
    w00t indeed! (I love that word). In fact, I get to make a speech at our graduation and half of one of my first paragraphs is in 1337 as an ode to at least half of our class :D

:)

14. G1Prowl Jedi Knight

star 1
    Welcome jediravenclaw, I'm sure you'll find out what Hoosier hospitality is when you arrive. :) I've only been around the E'ville Jedi a couple of months and they've made me feel very welcome.

Unfortunately, I'll be going into a blast furnace somewhere in the Middle East when you get here. :(

Hmmm, maybe I should consider being a Sand Trooper when I get back. :)
  15. Preachrman007 Jedi Knight

star 2
    What's you major, Raven?

There are a few UE alum and students on this board. Just shows that we like debt for some reason. Let's see: Nathan (English major), Stackpole (Doing-Absolutely-Nothing major), myself (Religion major), apparently Red, though I didn't know that until I read her post.

Some of the others go to or graduated from USI, but we try not to pity them too much. *cough, Scott, cough* It's not their fault they're going to a sub-standard university. ;)

I don't know that all of us would be quite as complementary about UE as Red, though. I don't think Nathan and I would classify it as great, but we don't really have any complaints about our education there either. Except for the fact that Nathan will NEVER use the major he payed so much for. :) Stackpole, on the other hand, usually has no idea what's going on around him anyway, so he can't tell you whether it's good or not.

Anyway, welcome to the boards. We look forward to meeting you this fall.
  16. Darth_TKD Jedi Master

star 3
    Adam, my only problem with UE is their division 1 athletic program--the school's not big enough to be able to afford it, and the academic programs suffer as a result. It's still infinitely superior to the "University Wilhelmus" across town. I'm still mad at UE for destroying the commuter lounge, though.

As for never using my major, I'll have you know I worked as a reporter for two weeks. After that, I decided I'd rather super-glue my lips to the exhaust pipe of a school bus than do that job anymore. Technically, my major was creative writing, and since I still write regularly, I could say I use it everyday. I haven't been published yet, but maybe someday... At least that's what I tell myself every month when the student loan payment comes due.

Anyway, welcome Jediravenclaw. You should enjoy UE; it really is a good school.
  17. jediravenclaw Jedi Master

star 3
    G1Prowl: Wow, how long are you going for?
    I've always wanted to go to the mid east....but definitely under different circumstances. :(

Preachrman: I want to major in history and archeology. Preferably ancient history...maybe early modern European too. I guess I'm not entirely sure on the era yet; just so long as I get to take every class that has absolutely anything to do with ancient egypt :D

lol :) , then I guess I know who to go to if I have any questions concerning the school :)

Darth TKD: *laughs* Your alternative there certainly sounds... interesting, lol ;) Probably not too good for you though ;) :D

18. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    Preachrman007 posted on 5/25/05 10:01pm

There are a few UE alum and students on this board. Just shows that we like debt for some reason. Let's see: Nathan (English major), Stackpole (Doing-Absolutely-Nothing major), myself (Religion major),

/>
    />/>
  19. jediravenclaw Jedi Master

star 3
    *laughs*

considering the "sub-standard university" comment earlier...I don't think I'm going to comment or get into that one ;) :)
  20. Lord_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome Jediravenclaw - I'm the quiet one in the group
  21. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    Oh I have no delusions with the university I attend :p
  22. G1Prowl Jedi Knight

star 1
    jediravenclaw, I'll be deployed for almost a year and a half. Four months of training and a year "in country". Hopefully I'll make it back in time to see the Star Wars TV series and Transformers the live action movie , if they make either one (crosses fingers).

I'll post more on my deployment when the date gets closer but I can't dicuss to many details.
  23. pucifur27 Jedi Knight

star 2
    well, good thing for no age limits, I'm probably the youngest ranking in at 16

I'm 13. [face_peace]
    (I actually live in Newburgh, just east of Evansville.)
  24. Agent_Sith Jedi Knight

star 1
    Welcome Jediravenclaw!! :)

Always good to meet another fan!

I don't post much, but I lurk the boards a lot. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!
  25. jediravenclaw Jedi Master

star 3
    I just had to say that I attended UE's SOAR weekend these past few days and I CAN'T WAIT to move up! I saw as much of the city as I could and fell in love with the University!
    :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.