main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Hi :)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jediravenclaw, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Ah a new recruit. SHOW US YER WAR FACE !!! That doesn't look like a war face to me. NOW SHOW ME YER WAR FACE !!! :D

Seriously welcome to our humble group of social misfits, space opera addicts, and people who fear clowns [face_clown] . We have it all in this group. You may address me as...er, uh...as He-Who-Has-No-Name. Or you can just call me Ulkesh2. As in the Vorlon from Babylon 5.

2. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003

Hey hey hey...I came back...I had to drop off the face of the planet for a while, but I'm back, so you just be nice!

Welcome, Ravenclaw!

~JMJ

3. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    *ties up Ulkesh in a cupboard under the stairs so as not to frighten off the n00bie*

*ahem* ;)

And yes, JMJ, you did come back and we are most grateful :D

And on a personal note, you know like half my friends which is kinda weird :p

4. JediMasterJaina

May 19, 2003
    Not my fault, Stackey, we just happen to have a lot of the same friends...and still never managed to meet before Friday...lol. :p

~JMJ

5. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Maybe we should ask Threepio the odds of that happening :p

6. Y2Jedi

Y2Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2001
    3720 to 1. :p

7. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Ok then, what are the odds of us having the same friends and never meeting and successfully navigating an asteroid field having the same odds? :p

8. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    MMM...MMM...MMM...

( Ulkesh2 bound and gagged )

MMM...MMM...MMM

( Ulkesh2 struggles against his ropes )

MMM...MMM...MMM

[face_beatup]

9. jediravenclaw

jediravenclaw Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004

lol. I just had to comment that such an occurance is VERY possible. I've worked the same renaissance faires with the same societies and the same friends as this one guy (now my b/f ;) ) that I didn't meet for 3 years. Actually, the only way we met was at the birthday party of an old, mutual friend from middle school that just happened to be during the biggest faire of the year.

Ulkesh2, you want a war face?? Here's my war face!!
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/jediravenclaw/DarkMarkDark.jpg]

This was, of course, done in pen one day while board in class, and not a real tattoo ;)
    And I figured it a suitable face after Stackpole's "cupboard under the stairs" comment ;) :D

...and don't worry - I think it'd take a lot to scare me away ;) :)

wow...on my own personal note...it's been SO long since I was called a n00bie, lol. That's almost...wow...humbling. lol

10. JediMasterJaina

May 19, 2003

I'm sure I'll see you quite a bit. Even though I'm a music major, I have quite a few friends who are archeology majors. My roomie last year was one, and I'd be with her this year but she'll be in Harlaxton first semester. I still have quite a few Core class books that I can get for you if you need them. Let me know!

~JMJ

11. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    JediMasterJaina:
    Nice to meet you! What do you play?
    I'm schedueled in a music ensamble monday afternoons (I play flute and would love to do a jazz ensamble as ALL of my band teachers up until now have told me that I can't play jazz on flute dispite the fact that I love it). Maybe we will be in the same class? :)

Oooh, Harlaxton :) I've already decided to go myself!

You have books you'd be willing to lend? Oh man, thank you! I promise not to mark any up!! (I couldn't bring myself to to that anyways, I think I've written in one review book in my life and that was just jotting down a few key phrases the teacher told us never to forget).
    I think the main core classes I'll have this year are the two world cultures classes (although considering my AP scores when they come in I don't know if those are the classes I'd get AP credit for or not). I've got a health class and german first semester too, and the rest is archeology and history so far :)

I wasn't aware how much books really were until just a few days ago when my bf bought his for a summer term. He said that he has yet to pick his jaw up off of the floor ;) .

I can't wait to meet you! I'll definitly be looking for mid augest :D

12. Y2Jedi

Y2Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2001
    Wow, all you derned UE kids. Starting to think I'm the only guy on the other side of town...

13. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    ME

14. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    My mom and I have a question for everyone here.

Is there a Bank of America in Evansville? How about a Wachovia?

If not, what other banks are up there? We're looking for a bank that's both there and in south florida...

Thanks! :)

15. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    That might be challenging.

No Bank of America that I am aware of.
    There is a Wachovia Securities firm, don't know if that helps.

You might consider a Credit Union. There may be links from ones down there to up here.

Here is a menu:
    - All of the various Credit Unions.(NCUA) - many branches
    - Fifth Third Bank - many branches
    - Old National Bank - largest bank based in Evansville, but probably not as many branches as Fifth Third
    - Bank of Evansville - relatively new
    - Regions Bank - few branches from what I know
    - United Fidelity Bank
    - A few other local ones

My wife and I both travel for work a lot so we bank at Fifth Third, but we also bank at a Credit Union for the better rates on savings.

Good Luck!

16. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    oh, good! My mom says that there's a Fifth Third around here somewhere :) . Too bad about the Bank of America, but this is more convienent than it could have been! :)

Thanks! :)

17. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Cool! Glad you can do your banking. Fifth Third is based out of Ohio. I hadn't realized they had made it down to Florida! They are huge, though. Probably one of the 5th largest financial institutions in the country...heard that when they moved to town anyway...

18. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    They're like the Clear Channel of banking :p

19. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    Congrats, Stackpole!! You got post # 42! :)

by the way...my friend got this from a friend (and so on back) but I thought I'd share it with all of you. I laughed so hard I cried...and am STILL laughing at it. :)

Star War Episode III - The Backstroke of the West

(best (actual) translation of the movie in exsistance)

:D

20. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Gives a whole new meaning to "Lost in Translation"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.