main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC Hickory Con, Saturday, Oct. 20th 10am - 5pm Admission only $2!!!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Hey folks! I know some will be attending this so I thought I should post it. Since it is on a day that we normally meet for bookclub we are going to move the bookclub meeting.

Hickory Con is the Carolina?s largest one-day comic/gaming convention. Boasting more than 100 dealer, artist, and guest tables, you are sure to find something exciting! We also host sanctioned and just-for-fun tournaments for the hottest CCGs. Be sure to join us for the coolest event in western North Carolina!

hickorycon.com

Guests include:

ROY THOMAS - Don't miss the chance to meet one of the most influential people in the history of comics!
    DONNA LACROIX - Case Manager and Investigator for Sci Fi Channel's Ghost Hunters!
    Micah Harris, writer.
    Loston Wallace, artist.
    Andy Smith, artist.
    501st Carolina Garrison
    Star Trek Independent Fleet
    Klingon Assault Group

Activities include:

Costume Contest

BLEACH REGIONAL TOURNAMENT - Prizes include: Xbox 360, Sony PSP, Nintendo DS lite

Collectible Card Games are a big part of Hickory Con. We host Magic, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and Naruto tournaments. We also provide space for casual gaming. Be sure to check out our gaming page for tournament times!

GAMING DEMOS will be presented by the NCG Association

2. roydh

roydh Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 18, 2007
    will be there without the kids woohoo
    and thinking of getting a room next door at
    the fairfield inN

3. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    I got's ta work. Otherwise I think we would be there. Take pictures, will ya Roy? [face_praying]

4. Mandalore The Uniter

Mandalore The Uniter Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    As much as I really wanna make this...only 45 mins away, I doubt Mercs is gonna be there. I've got about a TON of stuff to do between now and the last weekend of Oct.

5. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    But how can you say no to a Con that is only $2 and 45 minutes away!!!!! :eek:

Pwease? [face_batting]

:p

I understand. The Pesky Jawa's and my attendance will be solely on the kindness of strangers. ;)

6. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    There is going to be a book drive sponsored by MENSA. Now is the chance to rid yourself of all those pesky smart books! :p

Although I think all books are welcome. ;)

7. Rev_Vader

Rev_Vader Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2007
    Hey Guys this is Mike from the Carolina Garrison, some of you know me some do not! but this is an awesome Con for bein a one day con. Eddie, the guy who runs it is and has always been good to the Star Wars guys, 501st members please come dressed up in your costumes! The local paper and local photographer will be there to take pictures. I told Eddie we would be there about 9 to 930.

For Star Wars fans, come out and meet the local garrison, there will be Vader, scouts, anakin, and stormtroopers and possibly some Jedi and a Leia. also there is a ton of stuff to do, vendors of all sorts comics, anime, dvd, card games to be played and food!

hope to see you all out there! say hello to us we would love to meet you all!

8. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    Phooey! I got to work tomorrow so I'll have to take a raincheck. Oh well, gotta make the money... [face_money_eyes]

9. TheSithHairdresser

TheSithHairdresser Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2004
    Just a quick post. We got there late but this is a fun little Con. I was shocked to see how big the Hickory Convention Center is! :eek:

My little Pesky Jawa had a great time. One person asked her to scurry and she did and they thought it was awesome.

We've developed a nice rapport with the folks at Starfleet. It's always nice to make friends in other Universes :D

Thank you to Erelannon who drove me and the Pesky Jawa. It was great to see andyf, royd, Rev_Vader and TR8401 there. I just wished we'd gotten there earlier.

Thank you TR8401 for including her in helping with the drawing. :)

Pesky Jawa, Venom and Thor:

[image=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/CharlotteFanForce/HickoryCon%20Fall%202007/0710200002.jpg]

Saying "Utinni" into the microphone

[image=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/CharlotteFanForce/HickoryCon%20Fall%202007/0710200008.jpg]

Helping KAG and SFI with the Hospice drawing:

[image=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/CharlotteFanForce/HickoryCon%20Fall%202007/0710200015.jpg]

Again, great seeing folks. [face_peace]

~Jada [face_pumpkin]

10. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Here is a very nice article featuring the CFF's very own TR8401 and roydh!

http://www.hickoryrecord.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=HDR%2FMGArticle%2FHDR_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173353194675&path=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.