main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC Hickory Con

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rev_Vader, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rev_Vader

Rev_Vader Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2007
    Hey Everyone, just going to let you all know about Hickory Con. Hickory Con is a one day only convention. they have one in spring and one in fall. the spring con is March 31st 2007, one week away. the 501st will be in attendace along with members from the Tdewater Alliance. The cost of the Con is $2, so very affordable! it will be held in the Hickory Convention Center. the website is www.hickorycon.com. there are links for directions on the website. the doors for the con open @ 10am and they wrap up about 5pm. again hope you guys can come out and support the con and the local 501st.

a side note the 501st will be raising money to help a Professor at Gardner-Webb University, His wife has fallen ill to cancer and he has not been able to attend classes this semester. She only has a few days or even hours of life left. this is an oppertunity to give back to a family, he and his wife, that has given so much to students and an entire community.

thanks guys and gals of the Charlotte FanForce.

2. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    :( This is so incredibly sad. I hope you all are able to raise a good amount of funds.

And I really wish I could attend this. It seems that every single Saturday in March has turned into a cluster of activity for us. I'll look forward to seeing pictures. :D

3. TKBIG

TKBIG Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2006
    Rev Vader,

That is extremely sad to hear. I was an Oncology nurse for a number of years and know on a personal level the pain they must be going through.

We can't make it the to HickoryCon due to prior engagements but I and members of the Imperial Remnant Star Wars Costuming group would like to make a donation to help.

Please PM me here or email at tkbig@theimperialremnant.com and advise me on how to send the donation.

Thanks!

TKBIG

4. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    There was a write up about the Con in the Hickory Daily Record with an interview with Jackson Stull.

On a sad note, the professor's wife passed away. :(

5. Rev_Vader

Rev_Vader Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2007
    hey Guys and Gals, an update on the Hospice donation in honor of Patsy Dickens. there a donation to hospice of $220. thank you all for your prayers and caring for people.

In His Grace
    Mike (Rev. Vader)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.