main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Hidden dangers from unusual creatures

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by princessnikki, Mar 30, 2013.

1. princessnikki

princessnikki Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 8, 2012
    The one thing I would like to see in the new movies are what I class as the hidden dangers on the various planets etc. What I mean by this is that in most of the movies there have always been alien elements that poses a hidden threat of some kind.

On the original Death Star in the Trash Compactor it wasn't bad enough that they may get crushed to death, but to add to the problem, was the Dianoga which tried to drag Luke to his Death.

In Empire, it was the Wampa, which appeared from nowhere and dragged Luke off to his cave and R2D2 was grabbed by something in the swamp on Dagobah.

In Return of the Jedi it was the Sarlacc Pit. Even though this was not something that attacked them out of the blue, it was something that if you happened to be travelling across Tattoine and you fell in to it, then you would be eaten!

In Phantom Menace, there was the big fish which is always followed by a bigger fish scenario.

Personally I think It would be nice to see some sort of new hidden danger in the new movies. Some thing that makes a bad situation even worse!

If this has been covered in another thread, I apologize for the repeat, but I don't remember seeing anything.

Yodahasgreenfeet likes this.
  2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The space slug in ESB is an even better example of a "hidden danger".

There's a deleted scene in RoTS (it's in the novel)- where a Giant Slimy Cave Monster is coaxed by Obi-Wan into eating the probe that's sent to investigate by the clones, after they've tried to kill him.
    (Obi-Wan then has to avoid a bunch of baby Giant Slimy Cave Monsters, and reflects that people who think all babies are cute, really need to get out more).

TreborSabreon likes this.
  3. princessnikki

Nov 8, 2012
    I forgot about the space slug!

4. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    I don't think they ever filmed that scene in ROTS. Could be wrong though. I definitely remember seeing some concept art. Pretty there were also concepts where Ghost Qui-Gon would appear in this scene too.

Edit: btw good thread. a rarity in these parts.

DarthBreezy and princessnikki like this.
  5. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    IF they explore some kind of 'Dark Side Temple' or the like - walls that come alive and as velveeta cheesey as it is, the monsters come right out of the walls....

(Don't care how silly this is - it's an interesting topic/thread and I'd like to see it keep going).

princessnikki likes this.
  6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    How about a giant star that is actually a gigantic eye?

7. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    A planet that's hollow, and the surface is extremely fragile, no telling where you step you could fall.

Yodahasgreenfeet likes this.
  8. princessnikki

Nov 8, 2012
    Not sure how a giant eye could be a threat unless it can shoot lasers from it's eye like Superman...lol :) Actually that would kind of make it like an organic Death Star!!!

9. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    It's actually the Eye of Sauron.

10. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    How about a space station that's actually a moon?

11. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    How 'bout Space Batman?

12. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Didn't the Geonosians do that already?

13. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I absolutely agree. The whole 'discover other planets and its creatures' is very typical of SW. SW would not be SW without it!

I always wanted to see Bantha's in action. A Bantha going mad and attacking a farmer or something like that. Do not ask me why.

14. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    Does a nexu hiding in the bushes count? Or those force-sensing hounds that hang with Talon Kaarde?

I like nexu. :p

15. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Wasn't there a cut scene taking place on Geonosis where Obi-Wan tangles with a creature up in the rock cliffs? I think the creatures were instead used for as pets to the sand people on Tatooine, but I'm not sure if they were the same beasts.

16. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    The beast that Luke kills, friend of the slug in Return of the Jedi. The robot factory that R2D2 and C3PO get lost in during Attack of the Clones.

17. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    Poetry.

18. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Evil Space Robocops