main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Hidden Desire {A Jahiri Fic} + Valin/Jaina & Others - AU - *New A/N: 02/17/10*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Ant, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    Title: Hidden Desire.
    Co-Authors: N/A
    Timeframe: NJO AU
    Genre: Romance, Angst, Action
    Characters: Jacen/Tahiri, Valin/Jaina, Han/Leia + OC's
    Summary: This is a Jahiri 'fic.
    How does Tahiri cope when she loses another much-loved Solo? Will her relationship with Valin suffer because of her still-burning flame for Jacen?

[color=darkblue]The cover art has just been finished![/color]

[image=http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g148/podigle/hidden-desire-covercopy.jpg]

[hr]

[u][b]Hidden Desire[/b][/u]

[u]Prologue:[/u]

The tiny granules of white sand tickled the soft flesh between his toes as he walked along one of the beautiful beaches on Mon Calamari.

?I?m so glad you talked me into this,? Tahiri Veila sighed, leaning her warm body against his and linking their arms.

Her head rested contentedly on his shoulder, the gentle sea breeze whipping through her blonde tendrils and blowing her soft perfume under the tip of his nose. He inhaled deeply, breathing in her delicious scent.

It was moments like there that reminded him just how wonderful the galaxy was.

?Hello? Jacen? Are you ok??

He shook his head to clear his mind, and saw that Tahiri?s upturned face was inches from his. She was so close that he could see the fiery flecks of gold in her eyes, and for a moment he was lost in their depth.

Tahiri poked him in the ribs affectionately and giggled. ?Are you even on this planet?? she asked playfully.

He shook his head again and threw her a lopsided grin. ?Sorry. I guess I was in my own little world.?

?You can say that again!? Tahiri shrieked, as she flopped herself down on the soft sand. She pulled her knees in to her chest, her bare feet sliding through the white sand with the movement.

Jacen sat beside her, putting his arm around her tiny frame and pulling her close.
    She giggled again.

?This sand feels amazing!? Tahiri breathed, running the soft granules between her fingers and letting the wind catch them as they fell to the ground.
    ?Mmm?? Jacen murmured, not really listening. He was too busy admiring her profile to hear what she was saying.

[i]She was so beautiful?[/i]

The sunlight illuminated her pale complexion, giving her a soft, rosy glow, and her emerald eyes sparkled with the reflection of the ocean.
    It was all Jacen could do not to pass out right then and there?she took his breath away.
    His eyes traced the smooth lines of her bare shoulders, the softness of her arms, and the tenderness of her fingertips.

How he wished he could have those fingertips running through his hair and raking over his muscular body.
    He yearned to touch her, to taste her; to hear her cry out in ecstasy as he fulfilled her every whim.

Tahiri turned to face him, her eyes clouded with concern. ?Are you really ok?? she asked. ?You seem a little distracted.?

He let his eyes slowly travel up from her fingertips to her full lips, letting them rest on the fiery flecks of gold under her eyelashes.
    [i]
    I am distracted?by your beauty?[/i]

But Jacen knew that was something he could never say. Tahiri was like his little sister, and she reminded him every other day how much she loved him?as a big brother. Nothing could ever happen between them; his feelings were completely one-sided, and he would never do anything to jeopardize the relationship they had.

He gave her a reassuring smile and squeezed her hand.
    ?I?m sorry. It?s just so good to see you happy. I know you haven?t been in a very long time, and your happiness means a lot to me.?
    [i]
    More than you will ever know...[/i]

Tahiri squeezed his hand back, her emerald eyes glistening with emotion. ?I couldn?t have done this without you,? she whispered, lowering her gaze as their eyes met.
    Jacen stood up, dusting the sand off his behind and lifting her to her feet with the force.

?Thank you,? Tahiri giggled, dusting her own behind free of sand.

?What are big brothers for?? Jacen remarked, giving her a mock bow. He linked his arm in hers and together they continued down the beach.
    [i]
    Brother?[/i]

Tahi

2. darth_dragon666

darth_dragon666 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2006
    dang ant now ur making me like J/T, which accordign to the A/T accords, is an abomination
    but this is good, i very much like

3. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Aw! So much cuteness again! [face_love]
    I so love this! Is there more? [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying]

4. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    woohoo!

[face_dancing]

does the 'happy to have converted another' dance.

Bring it on Antie. I always love a 'Jahiri' fic. I'd very much like to see where this little walk on the beach leads.

PregMe'

5. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Awww, that was sweet.

He gave her a reassuring smile and squeezed her hand.
    ?I?m sorry. It?s just so good to see you happy. I know you haven?t been in a very long time, and your happiness means a lot to me.?

More than you will ever know...

I really liked this part. [face_love] Nice work!

6. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Thanks, darth, I'm glad you liked it!!! [:D]

Blame Preggers...she's the one who got my hooked on J/T!!!

But don't worry...I'm still a hard-core A/Tist at heart!
    [face_love]

Thanks, Chilla!!

You want more?? [:D]

I'd envisioned it as just a viggie, but I'm sure I could squeeze out a little more angst if the general consensus wants me to...
    ;)

Thanks, PregMe!!! Yes, you have converted me!!!

It's all your fault! :p [:D]

I was inspired to write this after reading your wonderful J/T fic...
    =P~

Thanks, Amidala!!! It was fun to write!! :D

----------------

Thanks for the feed-back, guys...much appreciated!!! [:D]

We'll take a vote...if anyone would like me to continue and turn this viggie into a J/T fic...speak now, or forever hold your peace...
    :p

Ant. ]-}

7. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Whoohoooo! I love Jahiri [face_love]

Please continue! Please do normal stuff {PM list and/or beta}

8. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Thanks, G!! [:D]

That's one vote for a continuation... :D

When its updated I'll let you know, my friend!

Ant.
    ]-}

9. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    yes continue!

It's get's so loney writng Jahiri all alone.

And if there is anyone else reading this that has written a Jahiri that I have missed, please, let me know!

PregMe'

10. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Ok, I'll continue!!!! [face_dancing]
    It seems like it would be pretty lonely...I went looking for more Jahiri after reading yours, and I couldn't find very many...so that's why I wrote this! :)

If you find any other Jahiri fics, please let me know as well, cus so far I've only found a handful or so...

Ant.
    ]-}

11. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    More, more, more! [face_praying] [:D]

12. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    [face_dancing] =D= Yay!!! Ok, I'll do more!!!

[face_thinking] Hmmm...if only I knew how to approach this...hang in there, guys, this might take me a little while...

Ant.
    ]-}

13. fistomon

fistomon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2006
    Yesssss! Another 1.
    I think Jahiri is the best.
    keep writing.

14. JediMasterArmada

JediMasterArmada Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2006
    That was beautiful Ant. I really like it.

15. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Thanks, fistomon!!!
    I hope I can keep you excited with this one (although I don't promise to be anywhere near as good as Preggers...the Jahiri Goddess!!!)
    [face_love]

Thanks, Armada! Thanks for the support!!! [:D]

Ant. ]-}

16. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Awe! That was wonderful, and yet sad.

Someone needs to bash their heads together.

Yet I'm glad to see that you are continuing this. I can't wait for more![face_dancing]

~MJ@};-

17. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Thanks, MJ!! @};-

Here's more!

---

Chapter 1:

?Your happiness means a lot to me.?

Tahiri woke with a start, sitting up in bed, beads of sweat dripping down her forehead. Her nightdress was so wet; it was clinging to her body.

She?d had that dream again - the nightmare. The one she?d had nearly every night since that day. The day that Jacen Solo had died.

Only this time, it was a little different.

Tahiri wiped a tear from her puffy eyes as she replayed the dream in her head. It had started out the same as all the others.

She and Jacen were walking along a beach on Mon Calamari.

They were laughing, and holding hands, and having fun. But soon after, their laughter died.

Tahiri?s grin turned into a shriek of horror, and Jacen was falling.

Falling.

Falling into a bottomless black hole.

He was reaching out to her; calling to her; holding out his hand and begging for her to take it ? begging for her to save him.

She was crying now; crying for him, and for his family, because she knew she could not save him.

He stretched out one last time, his fingertips grazing hers, and his cries of agony cutting through her shattered heart.

And then he was gone.

But this time, the dream didn?t stop there.
    This time, she saw something new.

Jacen was strapped into some sort of wall-restraint; his legs and arms spread apart and bound to the wall with blue energy binders.

He was covered in deep gashes and blue-green bruises, and his brown eyes kept rolling to the back on his bloodied head, as if he were on the verge of unconsciousness.

The most frightening of all was not his appearance ? it was the feeling radiating through the force.

There was a darkness surrounding his that Tahiri had never felt before. It was hollow and evil, and the feeling was so consuming that she couldn?t tell whether it was coming from Jacen, or someone else.

Jacen?s eyes regained their focus then, but only for a second. He looked straight at her, opened his mouth to speak?

And then she had woken up.

Tahiri ran a hand through her thick blonde curls and let out a long, shaky breath.

The last two years without Jacen had been two of the hardest years of her life.

After Anakin had died, she?d slipped into a similar pit of despair. The only difference was that when she?d lost Anakin, Jacen had been there to help her pick up the pieces.

This time, no one was there to help her.

She slipped out from underneath the covers and sat on the edge of the bed, picking up a glass of water from the bedside table and taking a large gulp of the pure liquid.

The young man lying next to her stirred in his sleep, and Tahiri set the glass back down as gently as she could, so as not to wake him.

It wasn?t entirely true, what she?d thought before. She did have someone to help her. If only she knew how to let him in.

Her emerald eyes roamed over the sleeping form of Valin Horn. He was the only thing in this galaxy that kept her alive. Without him, she was sure she would have died a long time ago, and not because she wanted to.

Since Jacen had gone, she hadn?t been able to cope with even the simplest of life?s problems. Valin helped her to sort through all of that. At least, he tried to help her.

Tahiri let out a shuddering breath and slowly rose from the bed, letting her sweat-sodden gown fall to the floor at her feet.

No matter how hard Valin, or anyone else, tried to help her, in the end, working through the grief was something she needed to do on her own.

During the hard times, Tahiri had found there was one thing that helped ease her pain, if only for a little while.

She opened her wardrobe and pulled on a singlet and a baggy pair of slacks. Grabbing her lightsaber fr

18. JediMasterArmada

JediMasterArmada Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2006
    Great update, Ant.

Jacen died? Or at least he appeared to die?

That really sucks, talk about having bad luck. The one guy that you love dies on Myrkr and the other one that she loves - sand hasn't told- is apparently dead. *shakes head* I hope this time it really is only an appearance of death and not the actual thing.

Her dream also seemed more vision like to me.

Could you add me to the PM list for this?

Great job. I look forward to reading more.

Armada

19. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow, that was awesome! [:D] =D=

I love the change everything has gone through; superb plot!!! :D =D=

Puh! And I'm relieved she doesn't let Valin in. Sorry for the boy, but it's still a Jahiri fic. [face_mischief]
    At least she has found someone who cares for her.

=D= Wonderful update! Can't wait for more!

20. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Thanks, Armada!

Hmmm...nope, not gonna give that one away... ;)

Yes, poor Tahiri...I did have thoughts of her mentioning this in the 2nd chapter, but it never made it in, so perhaps in the third she could mention it. That was my thoughts exactly, though, when I decided on taking this 'fic in that direction... :D

Did it.... ;) :confused:

Sure thing, you've just been added!

Aww...thanks! [face_blush] I'm glad you liked it. More will be coming soon...I have chapter 2 done (just getting it edited now), and chapter 3, well, I have notes...

Hopefully I won't take too long to update.
    [face_praying]

Thank you, Chilla. So glad you liked it! [:D]

Thanks. I was a little worried at first, what with Jacen being "dead" and all...but I'm pretty happy with the way it's turning out so far! :D

Yes, it's still a Jahiri fic...poor Valin, though...it must feel so bad for him to have a girlfriend who's still in love with a "dead" guy...

Yes. I didn't want Tahiri to be completely alone.

Thanks. More should hopefully be just around the corner... [face_praying]

Thanks so much, guys!! [face_love] ya!

Ant.
    ]-}

21. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great Job Ant

22. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Hmm, I don't remember asking for PMs, but thanks for Pming me anyway.:)

A great update, I feel reaally bad for Tahiri, and Vallin too.:(

I have a feeling this is going to be a rollercoaster ride.

~MJ@};-

23. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    Poor Valin is going to be so heart broken when Jacen comes back...

Jacen is coming back...right?

Great update. I'm waiting with bated breath for the next.

PregMe'

edit: Because I can't spell or type in my old age

24. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    G__Anakin:

Great job Ant.

Thanks, G! Glad you enjoyed it! [:D]

Mira_Jade:

Hmm, I don't remember asking for PMs, but thanks for Pming me anyway.

Oops...sorry! :oops: Guess I got a little carried away with the PM's!!! [face_blush]
    If you'd rather be off the list, just let me know.

A great update, I feel reaally bad for Tahiri, and Vallin too.

Thanks, MJ! :D
    Poor Valin & Tahiri...I have a feeling it's going to get much, much worse for them...
    ;)

I have a feeling this is going to be a rollercoaster ride.

I think you may be right...

PregMe:

Poor Valin is going to be so heart broken when Jacen comes back...

He's heart-broken now... :(

Jacen is coming back...right?

It is a Jahiri 'fic...that's all I'll say... ;)

Great update. I'm waiting with bated breath for the next.

Thanks, PregMe! [:D] Glad you enjoyed it!
    Hopefully the next update won't be too far away!!!
    :D

---
    Thanks everyone!

Ant.
    ]-}

25. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Chapter 2:

When Tahiri came back from the sparring arena in the Jedi Temple later in the morning, Valin was already up, the dining table set with a smorgasbord of delicious-smelling breads and pastries.

He looked up from his place over the stove, flashing her a bright smile as she entered their apartment.

?What?s all this?? Tahiri asked, indicating toward the full table.

?I thought you might by hungry, you know, after you got back from the Temple.? He smiled again, but this time the brightness was gone. Tahiri didn?t need the force to know that it was a false smile.

?Valin?? she began, but he cut her off before she could go any further.

?We?ll talk later. Please, just sit and eat.?

He left his position at the stove, laying a sizzling pan full of fried bacon and eggs on the table and pulling out a chair for her.

Tahiri rolled her eyes and placed her lightsaber on the counter.

?I do have two arms of my own, you know,? she remarked teasingly, stopping next to him with her hands on her hips.

Valin sighed and threw his hands in the air. ?I can?t win with you, can I??

He slumped down in the chair he?d just pulled out for her and flung the hand towel, which was draped over his shoulder, across the room.

?Valin!? Tahiri cried incredulously. She opened her mouth to continue, but he cut her off again.

?Don?t! Just don?t! I don?t want to hear any more of your excuses!?

Tahiri?s eyes were brimming with tears, but the golden flecks in them were flaming in anger. ?What is your problem??

?You! You are my problem, Tahiri!?

She clamped her mouth shut, because she knew what was coming next.
    ?I?m sorry, I can?t do this right now,? she mumbled, lowering her gaze and collecting her lightsaber from the counter.

Valin stood from the chair and rushed in front of her to block the door. ?You don?t have a choice, Tahiri. I can?t do this anymore. I can?t walk around on eggshells and watch you destroy our relationship.? His voice was even, but his bottom lip shook with the effort of speech.

Her heart broke at what she was doing to him, but she knew she couldn?t deal with this now. She tried to push past him, but he grabbed her in his arms and used the force to hold her still.

?Let go,? Tahiri hissed, her eyes narrowing.

?No.?

?I?m warning you, Valin. Let go,? she said again, her pitch rising slightly.

?No,? Valin said simply.

?Let go!? she screamed, pushing out with the force and slamming his back into the door.

He hit it hard, groaning and clutching his ribs as he staggered away.

Tahiri shrank back and stared at her hands, her emerald eyes wide. ?I?m sorry,? she murmured, not meeting his gaze once more.

Valin saw her shoulders shake and knew she was crying. ?Tahiri,? he said, taking a step toward her.

?No, don?t,? she sniffed. ?Please, don?t. I don?t deserve it.?

She looked up at him, her eyes hazy and her face wet with tears. He took another step forward and went to put his arm around her, but she flinched out of his grasp.

?You do deserve it, Tahiri. What makes you think that you don?t? Is it the nightmares??

So he knew about them. He knew they hadn't stopped.

?I have to go,? she said, heading for the door.

?Tahiri, wait! Don?t do this!? Valin protested.

She stopped, her hand resting on the door handle, and turned to face him. ?Don?t do what??

?Run away. Don?t run away,? he answered softly. ?It?s your solution to every problem, but all it does is just make things worse.?

?I don?t understand! I don?t know what you want from me!? she cried, throwing her hands in the air.

?I want you, Tahiri!? Valin cried. ?I want you to open up! I want you to let me in! I want to help you, Tahiri, please. I just want to help you!?

She shook her head. ?I-I can?t.?

?Please, Tahiri! Please! Let me in!? he begged, his own face now soaked with tears.

Tahiri shook her head again. ?I?m sorry. I can?t.?

?Don?t do this, please, don?t do this!? he pleaded again, holding out a hand for her to take. ?We can get thro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.