main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Hidden Desire {A Jahiri Fic} + Valin/Jaina & Others - AU - *New A/N: 02/17/10*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Ant, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    A/N: I am so sorry for the delay with this one! [face_blush] I've been so caught up in finishing my epic, Sacrifice, that I totally forgot about this one.

A huge thanks to Weyr, Jade & Evie for upping this 'fic, even though it seemed I was never coming back to it! [:D]

Because of your continued effort with this, and your continued interest in this 'fic, this update is for you. :*

I hope you enjoy it! :)

Ant. ]-}

[i]Something?s wrong, shut the light
    Heavy thoughts tonight
    And they aren?t of snow white

Dreams of war, dreams of liars
    Dreams of dragons fire
    And of things that will bite

Sleep with one eye open
    Gripping your pillow tight

Exit light
    Enter night
    Take my hand
    Off to never never land

Now I lay me down to sleep
    Pray the lord my soul to keep
    If I die before I wake
    Pray the lord my soul to take

Hush little baby, don?t say a word
    And never mind that noise you heard
    It?s just the beast under your bed,
    In your closet, in your head

Exit light
    Enter night
    Grain of sand

Exit light
    Enter night
    Take my hand
    We?re off to never never land[/i]

Enter Sandman / Metallica

[b][u]Chapter 11:[/u] [/b]

A pair of half-focused eyes scanned around the small room, sweeping groggily over bright white benches and floors.

Everything looked so foreign, but at the same time, held a familiarity that couldn?t quite be shaken.

The young girl whose eyes were doing the roaming sat slumped in a tub of ice cold water, her head resting lazily on the ball of her right shoulder, and her arms dangling uselessly over the rounded porcelain edges.

She was mumbling incoherently to herself, her fingers flexing and relaxing after each word like a nervous twitch.

?Stay? away? don?t? touch? away? away??

It was hard to muster the strength to keep her eyes from fluttering shut. Her eyelids were heavy, and the muscles that held them up were weak and were refusing to work.

Her whole body was trembling from the frigid temperature of the water she was sitting in, and during one of the visual sweeps of her surroundings, the girl thought she saw chunks of ice floating in the transparent liquid.

She was naked, that much was certain, and every inch of her skin was alive with goosebumps.

A lock of damp blonde hair fell in her face, partially blocking her view. She tried to lift her arm to shift it, but couldn?t find the strength required for even this small movement, and had to be content with blowing upwards intermittently.

It was too heavy with moisture to be moved by any kind of feeble airflow, and she?d only started to groan in frustration when a soft squeaking sounded from the opposite end of the room.

Through the tired haze and the blonde hair covering her face, she spotted two booted feet shuffling in her direction. When they?d travelled about half the distance they stopped abruptly, and a full bag of ice cubes fell to the floor in front of them.

?Tahiri! Oh, thank the force you?re ok!?

There was so much relief and joy in the voice that at first, not recognizing who it belonged to didn?t faze her. She flashed the owner of the voice a lazy smile, only managing to lift her gaze as high as a set of clothed knee caps. In a matter of a few seconds, the tan fabric covering the knees bunched up with the bending movement the person was making, and then her eyes came into contact with first a brass belt buckle, a navy shirt with water stains, and then a face, so familiar it was scary, the brow line etched with pained crevasses.

She knew who it was the second her eyes locked onto his brown ones, but part of her still didn?t believe it as she delicately uttered his name ? ?Valin!?

His relieved grin lit up the entire room, and before she knew it, two arms had wrapped themselves around her shaking, bare torso. ?You had me so worried!? he cried, squeezing her tighter than he ever had in their two years together, and slowly lifting her to a more comfortable sitting position.

2. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    ?Vaping moffs!? she cursed loudly, kicking the button for the turbolift hard with one booted foot. What in force was she supposed to do now?

LOL...Jaina never ceases to amaze/amuse me! LOL [face_laugh]

ACK!!! What is going to happen to Tahiri? [face_worried]

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Jag... =P~ =P~ =P~ :) My only question for Jaina is: Why'd you leave and why don't you wanna be in love with Jag? He's h-a-w-t!! :* :*

Valin's a true sweetie. :D A real trooper. They really need to find Jacen though. [face_worried] [face_worried]

4. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Can. Hardly. Wait. For. More. [face_plain]

5. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    *faints*

some time later

A post???? On Hidden Desire???

*faints*

That was amazing! Poor Valin, nothing good ever happens to him in any fic i read! Stupid Jaina! *kidnaps Jag... again,* [mutter] must need a bigger cage [/mutter]

muah ha ha ha ha

Great update Ant.... is it too soon to ask for more???

PHGS Weyr

6. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Can I murder jag so Jaina can be with Valin? [face_batting]

7. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007

Just send him my way on an economy-class freighter ;) [face_blush] [face_batting]

8. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    star_writer24:

LOL...Jaina never ceases to amaze/amuse me! LOL

Yeah, she?s great! :D

ACK!!! What is going to happen to Tahiri?

I?ve got a few things in store for Tahiri.. [face_mischief] You?ll just have to wait and see as to ?what? exactly. [face_devil]

Thanks for reading!

Jade_eyes:

Jag... My only question for Jaina is: Why'd you leave and why don't you wanna be in love with Jag? He's h-a-w-t!!

I agree, he?s very delicious! [face_love] =P~ But right now, Jaina?s at a point where she?s falling in love with another man, and she and Jag didn?t exactly part on good terms, so she?s wanting to let go of her feelings for him so she can move on.

But we all know Jaina likes to make things difficult for herself. :p

Seeing as she doesn?t want Jag, you can have him if you like? ;)

Valin's a true sweetie. A real trooper. They really need to find Jacen though.

Yeah, Valin?s really great! [face_love] I love the guy.

And yes, a Jacen rescue is on the cards? pretty soon, in fact.

Thanks for stopping by. [face_peace]

Courtney_Solo:

Can. Hardly. Wait. For. More.

Thanks. :) Hopefully you won?t have to wait for long this time.

PHGS_Weyr:

*faints*

some time later

A post???? On Hidden Desire???

*faints*

I know! :p I?m just as shocked as you are!! :eek:

That was amazing! Poor Valin, nothing good ever happens to him in any fic i read! Stupid Jaina! *kidnaps Jag... again,* [mutter] must need a bigger cage [/mutter]

LOL! Yeah, poor Valin seems to be an easy target, doesn?t he? :( Hopefully things will start looking up for him real soon.

muah ha ha ha ha

Great update Ant.... is it too soon to ask for more???

Thank you. I?m glad you enjoyed it! :D

I?m working on more as we speak, so hopefully in a week there will be more. ;) Hopefully?

Thanks for reading, and for your persistence in upping this one. It helped me pull my finger out and actually update. 8-}

Thanks guys! [:D] I?m glad you?re still here and reading, and I?ll try not to be so slack next time.

Ant. ]-}

9. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
  10. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    WOW. That was an amazing chapter. I so can't wait to read the upcoming ones!!!!

11. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I have even a better idea... send him to Central PA and I will make sure he never bothers Jaina again....;) [face_love]

Ant... that was awesome...=D=

Sorry for the late reply, BTW..

I feel so sorry for everyone in this. I just hope Valin, if he is beginning to fall for Jaina, doesn't end up hurt again.

And poor Tahiri... I hope they find Jacen soon...[face_worried]

FL @};-

12. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    Kicks thread back to the top! UP!!!

13. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    Kicks thread! UP!

14. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    time for an up

it could get more evily coloured...

PHGS Weyr

15. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Back with more replies, and then hopefully a new update in an hour or so. ;)

Alishu06:

WOW. That was an amazing chapter. I so can't wait to read the upcoming ones!!!!

Thank you very much, dear! :D Thanks for reading.

Flowerlady:

I have even a better idea... send him to Central PA and I will make sure he never bothers Jaina again....

LOL! [face_laugh] Maybe we can figure out a trade situation for every other weekend? :p

Ant... that was awesome...

Aww, thanks darl! :D

Sorry for the late reply, BTW..

Tis fine. :) I?m late most of the time on here anyway, and my updates take so long that I don?t mind in the slightest. I?m just glad you made it.

I feel so sorry for everyone in this. I just hope Valin, if he is beginning to fall for Jaina, doesn't end up hurt again.

I know, it?s all very angsty, isn?t it? [face_blush] Not exactly what I started out to achieve, but it?ll have to do. 8-} I can?t promise there won?t be more hurt down the track, though..

And poor Tahiri... I hope they find Jacen soon...

Yeah, me too. He can?t possibly hold on for too much longer, can he?

Thanks for reading and for your kind review! :*

PHGS_Weyr:

Thanks for all your ups, buddy! [:D] [:D] Your enthusiasm for this fic is just wonderful! [face_love]

New postie on the way, folks! I?m putting the finishing touches on it as we speak!

Ant. ]-}

16. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    A/N: Sweet force! Another update on Hidden Desire!! I'm as shocked as you all are, believe me! :eek:

With that in mind, I hope you all enjoy the update. :) Thanks for the support! :*

Another big thanks to Weyr, whose persistence with upping this fic until I update has renewed my inspiration once more. [:D] @};-

Ant.
    ]-}

[i]Moon hangs around
    A blade over my head
    Reminds me what to do before I'm dead
    Night consumes light
    And all I dread
    Reminds me what to do before I'm dead

The sun reclines
    Eats my mind
    Reminds me what to leave behind
    Light eats night
    And all I never said
    Reminds me what to do before I?m?

To see you
    To touch you
    To see you
    To touch you

Epochs fly, reminds me
    What I hide, reminds me
    The desert skies
    Cracks the spies
    Reminds me what I never tried
    The ocean wide salted red
    Reminds me what to do before I?m?

See you
    Touch you
    Feel you
    Tell you[/i]

Before I?m Dead / Kidney Thieves.

[b][u]Chapter 12:[/u] [/b]

Jacen Solo had never known fear before now. He?d always thought that fear was a weakness; a flaw, manifested in those who did not known any better. Now, he saw that fear was the essence of all life: a virtue. If one did not fear the loss of those that were dear, and those that were not so dear, then one did not have a life at all. To love is to live, and fear, however weak, goes hand in hand with love.

And Lumiya had shown him that.

It was, however, a little hard to be grateful for the lessons he?d learnt at her hands when the woman was bent over his broken body, pumping it full of viscera-frying force lightning. The young Jedi cried out for the umpteenth time, his piercing, hollow voice reverberating off the dripping basement walls and drowning out the sickening crackle of the bright electrical current flowing from Lumiya?s fingers.

This form of torture was something Jacen wasn?t used it. It was new, and the agony he was feeling as wave after wave of brutal lightning punched through his organs and muscles was so unbearable that he was almost at the point of passing out. Lumiya must have sensed this, too, because as quickly as it had begun, the torture stopped.

Jacen wasted no time in catching his breath, his chest heaving uncomfortably against his tight leather restraints. He clenched his knuckles until they were white from the pressure and exhaled loudly, gritting his teeth and snorting condensation out of his nostrils as the last of the electricity inside fried itself out of existence. The man wasn?t fooled by this seemingly merciful act; he knew from past experience that this was all just another part of his captor?s twisted games ? torment him to the point of breaking and then offer him an easy out.

?You can end this, Jacen. You know you can end this.? Lumiya?s voice was as soft and smooth as velvet, and very derisive in tone.

Yes, the Jedi thought to himself; the tools might have changed since the last time, but the game was still exactly the same. And Jacen wasn?t going to give in ? not now, not ever! He kept his mouth firmly shut, adamant that no matter what happened, he would not give his captor the satisfaction of winning.

?Do you want to live like this forever? I can have it arranged, you know. You?re still so very young, and if I wanted, I could get another thirty years out of you at least. Thirty more years of constant pain, and all because you won?t let go of your Jedi lies. How very? tragic.?

He could hear the humour behind her words, and the hint of excitement that lingered at the prospect of playing with him so brutally for the rest of his life. She enjoyed these sessions; he?d figure that much out long ago. Her face crept dangerously close to his then, and Jacen could feel the warm tickle of her breath on his raw lips as she spoke again. ?Tell me, Jacen, why do you fight so hard to keep your family safe when they clearly have no love for you??

?They love me!? he ground out, immediate

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Valin's in a sticky situation, on the brink of being really interested in Jaina, though part of him is probably not ready for any kind of serious relationship, and yet still smarting over Tahiri.

The whole premise of profic Jacen's fall seems to be the influence of Vergere, the Vong, and Lumiya. That's why, seeing Lumiya's intense physical, and especially emotional, torture--it makes me totally freak out over Jacen's recovery. Can even love heal this? He knows these are lies but as soon as his friends arrive, he'll have proof. I hope that'll be enough of a start. [face_thinking]

Lovely to see an update. :D

18. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    poor Valin, don't worry though Jag's a goon!

Great post Ant! [face_dancing]

I love this fic! [face_love]

Keep up the great work! [:D]

PHGS Weyr

19. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    That was a great chapter! Wow! I can't wait to read more. And Jacen is alive!!!!

20. fistomon

fistomon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2006
    cant wait

21. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Jade_eyes:

Valin's in a sticky situation, on the brink of being really interested in Jaina, though part of him is probably not ready for any kind of serious relationship, and yet still smarting over Tahiri.

Exactly! He really is in quite a bind, and now being on board a ship with his new love and his old love, that?s gotta be tough for him! [:D]

Hopefully everything will work out ok in the end?

The whole premise of profic Jacen's fall seems to be the influence of Vergere, the Vong, and Lumiya. That's why, seeing Lumiya's intense physical, and especially emotional, torture--it makes me totally freak out over Jacen's recovery. Can even love heal this? He knows these are lies but as soon as his friends arrive, he'll have proof. I hope that'll be enough of a start.

Yes, you do have to wonder whether Tahiri will be able to fix all the damage Lumiya and her accomplice have done to Jacen. :( He?s certainly in bad shape, and they?ll be plenty of time for more torture and psychological damage for Lumiya to inflict on him before he?s found. [face_worried]

Lovely to see an update.

Thank you. @};- Thanks for reading, and for the review. :)

PHGS_Weyr:

poor Valin, don't worry though Jag's a goon!

LOL! [face_laugh] Don?t you like Jag very much?

Great post Ant!

Thanks, buddy! :D

I love this fic!

Aww, thanks, I?m so glad you?re enjoying it.

Keep up the great work!

I?ll try! Thanks for reading! :)

Alishu06:

That was a great chapter! Wow! I can't wait to read more. And Jacen is alive!!!!

Yes, he?s very much alive. ;) Glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for reading. :)

fistomon:

cant wait

:D Thanks for reading!

Glad you all enjoyed it, guys! :D I?m working on the next update now, because when my new epic, Holocaust gets started, this one probably won?t be updated as quickly. So I?ll try and get in a few more updates before September 1st.

Thanks for reading and reviewing, everyone! [:D]

Ant.
    ]-}

22. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Well, this is just peaches and creme.

23. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    This is certainly turning into one of the most interesting love---well what shape is it---hexagon? o_O

Tahiri loves Jacen, but was also in love with Valin.
    Valin loved and proably still loves Tahiri and now is falling hard for Jaina.
    Jaina loved Jag and probably still does a little, but she is also falling for Valin.

All you need is for Jag to still be in love with Jaina but falling for Tahiri 8-}

Well, the only thing we know for sure is that Jaina and Jacen can't end up together...:p

Great update, Ant...I can't wait to see how this all turns out...[:D]

FL @};-

24. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Great update!
    I love this 'fic. :)
    Update soon!

C @};- S

25. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Handmaiden_Azul:

Well, this is just peaches and creme.

Hehe.. :p Yuppers!

Thanks for reading. :)

Flowerlady:

This is certainly turning into one of the most interesting love---well what shape is it---hexagon?

LOL! Yes, it seems to be growing in abnormal shape by the second, doesn?t it? 8-}

Tahiri loves Jacen, but was also in love with Valin.
    Valin loved and proably still loves Tahiri and now is falling hard for Jaina.
    Jaina loved Jag and probably still does a little, but she is also falling for Valin.

All you need is for Jag to still be in love with Jaina but falling for Tahiri

LOL! [face_laugh] That would really put a spanner in the works, wouldn?t it?? :p

Well, the only thing we know for sure is that Jaina and Jacen can't end up together...

Well, not on these boards, anyway! ;) And definitely not in anything of mine, either. [face_sick]

Great update, Ant...I can't wait to see how this all turns out...

Thank you! [:D] Thanks for reading, dear! :*

Courtney_Solo:

Great update!
    I love this 'fic.
    Update soon!

Hey, Court! Long time no see! :D

Glad you enjoyed the update, and that you?re enjoying this fic so much. :)

I?ll try and update again soon.

Thanks for reading, everyone!! [:D] My new epic starts on Saturday, so I?ll try and have the next update for this finished before then.

Ant. ]-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.