main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Hidden Feelings- a J/Z AU fanfic. (pls r&r!) Updated 7/13/09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jainasolorocks, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jainasolorocks

Jainasolorocks Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2006
    things u need to know; the vong war never happened, so anakin and chewie are still alive.
    Summary:after the shadow academy, zekk ran away to become a bounty hunter, then decided to work for the republic. but what happens when a mysterious sith shows up and forces zekk to ask the secret love of his life for help?
    i wrote this for fun, but i hope plp will like it. pls comment on it if do!

Disclaimer; i do not own the SW universe, it all belongs to lucas. any OC characters i add do belong to my imagination.

Hidden Feelings

?Look out!? Eighteen year old Jaina Solo spun around at the sound of her brother?s shout and deflected the blaster bolt back at the training droid, then turned and whipped her lightsaber through another. Suddenly the droids stopped firing and deactivated. ?That?s enough you two.? Jaina glanced up at the observation area and smiled at her uncle, Luke Skywalker. Jacen came and stood beside her, his lightsaber still activated. Their uncle had a reputation for suddenly restarting the training program as a way to test their awareness in the Force.
    ?Don?t worry, no tests this time. I want to talk to you two about something.?
    Jaina glanced at her brother and shrugged. They deactivated their lightsabers and headed out the door. If Uncle Luke had come in person, it must be pretty important.

They met up with their uncle at his office and were surprised to see someone else there too.

?Zekk! What are you doing here?? He turned around and smiled at his friends, especially Jaina, who ran up and hugged him. ?When did you get here??

?Just a little while ago. I came with the supply transport, not the Lightning Rod.?

?Why? You never go anywhere without your ship.?

Zekk smiled ruefully and said ?Usually. But it?s hard to fly a ship you no longer have.?

?What?!?

?It was stolen. I don?t know who, but I do know why.? Jaina and Jacen sat down and waited for him to elaborate. ?I?ve been working for the intelligence branch of the Republic; running reports to different bases on Coruscant. The sensitive kind of reports that they don?t want to be intercepted.?

?And you were using the Lightning Rod??

?Yes. It?s inconspicuous enough to go almost anywhere on the planet. And it was secure enough to keep anyone from getting in. At least that?s what I thought.?

Jaina cocked her head and frowned. ?It should have been. I helped install most of those security systems.?

Zekk nodded. ?I know. That?s why it doesn?t make sense. They must have been an expert slicer, or they wouldn?t have been able to get into the ship.?

Jacen was quiet for a moment, then asked ?How did they even get near your ship without you seeing them?? Zekk ducked his head in embarrassment, and stared at his feet.

?Zekk?? Jaina?s quiet question made him look up and lock eyes with her momentarily.

?Well, I kind of did something stupid. I left it outside a cantina, while I had a drink.? Jaina sighed and sat back in her chair.

Zekk?s heart jerked painfully and he struggled not to let his feelings show through the Force. Jaina was disappointed in him, and rightly so.

?Zekk why don?t you tell us what happened?? Luke?s voice was gentle, as though he had sensed what Zekk was thinking. Zekk sucked in a deep breath, and balled his hands into fists.

?Well, I was supposed to be picking up an encrypted message for a base in one of the lower parts of Coruscant. While I was waiting for the contact, I got thirsty so I went in the cantina, thinking I?d grab something and go. But as soon as I walked in, this Rodian came up to me and asked if I was Milo. That?s the name the contact was to call me, so I said yes. He seemed kind of nervous, and said that we had to go somewhere private. That made me a little suspicious, but I went along with it. He led me to an alley behind the cantina, then a bunch of guys jumped me.?

?Why didn?t you use the Force to fight them?? Jacen asked, puzzled.

?I couldn?t. They had ysalamiri with them. I didn?t notice it till it was too late. They knocked me around a few times, then the leader stepped up.? Zekk shuddered a

2. x_SwordoftheJedi_x

x_SwordoftheJedi_x Jedi Master star 1

May 27, 2008
    Woo first post! :)

Anyway... I like this and can't wait to read more. And while I like Jag/Jaina, I definately prefer Jaina/Zekk.

x_SwordoftheJedi_x

3. Jainasolorocks

Nov 18, 2006
    thxs for r&ring! i really appreciate it. i personally like J/Z, but ill take anything. jaina just needs to get married!

4. Jainasolorocks

Nov 18, 2006
    Chapter 2

Jaina found Zekk on the rooftop of the Jedi Temple. Typical Zekk, he was so predictable. But the fact that he had blocked her off from his mind had hurt her, and she was up there to find out why he had done it. She stood several meters behind him, not announcing her presence. A small grin played on her mouth as she silently unclipped her lightsaber from her belt. Posing her thumb just above the activation switch, she suddenly jumped into the air, flipped around, and activated her lightsaber, slashing down towards Zekk?s shoulders. But he was no longer there. He had, of course, sensed her attack and jumped backward at the last possible second, and brought his vibro blade up into a guard position. Their blades met and Jaina?s lightsaber sliced through Zekk?s, but the strength behind the attack still made them both stumble backwards. As they regained their balance, Jaina switched off her blade and they grinned at each other, for a moment acting like the friends they had once been.

Zekk looked away suddenly, his face a mask, and Jaina sighed, turning to look at the sunset.
    Zekk could be such a ? oh, she wasn?t sure what to call him. She?d told him that she had forgiven him about the Shadow Academy, but he had to be a bantha head and keep on blaming himself. She wanted to shake him and tell him to stop it, and tell him something else too? ?Stop it Solo!? She snapped at herself, wondering when she had become so, so, girlish! She made a face at the thought and turned around to talk to Zekk. He was staring at her, a strange look in his eyes, and she suddenly felt extremely uncomfortable. What the stang was wrong with her? She was suddenly aware of how rumpled her jumpsuit was, and how her hair was mostly loose from the exercise that she had been doing. She ran a hand through her hair and smiled the legendary, lopsided Solo grin at Zekk. Unable to resist, he grinned back, then sat down in a cross-legged pose, motioning for her to join him. She did, taking the same pose, and relaxed. It felt right being here with Zekk, being happy.

Zekk looked more relaxed too, though he was still keeping her blocked off from his mind. ?Jaina, I?m sorry about earlier. I didn?t mean to, it was just automatic.? She nodded, accepting his apology and offering her forgiveness. He closed his eyes and wondered why he kept finding himself apologizing to her. It seemed to be becoming a habit; a very bad habit. He opened his eyes and found that Jaina had closed hers and was floating a few inches above the stone rooftop. He felt her tug gently at his mind, urging him to open himself fully to the Force, something he hadn?t done since the Shadow Academy. He resisted, unwilling to do it, lest he fall back to the Dark Side.

?Zekk, I?m here. Let me help you.? Jaina?s mental plea almost broke his resistance, till a vision rose in his head, one that horrified him.

He saw Jaina fighting the Sith that had stolen the Lightning Rod. The Sith had an evil grin on his face as he swung his red lightsaber towards Jaina?s violet one and severed the handle in half. Jaina, bruised and covered in blood, sank to her knees from exhaustion, and Zekk saw the Sith swing his lightsaber at her neck for a killing blow, laughing in exhilaration. ?No.? Zekk whispered hoarsely, his body shaking.

?Zekk, are you ok?? Jaina?s concerned voice broke though his thoughts. Instead of answering her, he jumped up and ran, trying to escape the vision.

As she watched him run, Jaina shook her head in bewilderment. One second Zekk had been fine; about to open himself to the Force, then the next he was shaking and running away. ?Men.? was her first thought, but the Force told her it was more than that. With a sigh she stood up and started after Zekk. If he thought he could hide from her, he was in for a big surprise.

An hour later she still hadn?t found Zekk, so, tired and frustrated, she made her way to Jacen?s room, hoping to get advice from him. A few feet from the door she stopped, hearing noises. Using th

5. Jainasolorocks

Nov 18, 2006
    pls read and review![face_praying] i really want to know if plp like this!

6. Trickster-Lead

Trickster-Lead Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2007
    Uh oh....This doesn't look good for Jaina...
    Good job!

7. Jainasolorocks

Nov 18, 2006
    thx. ill post more soon!

8. x_SwordoftheJedi_x

May 27, 2008
    OMG, I hope Jaina is alright, and I hope Zekk's vision doesn't come true, although I have a feeling it might....
    Can't wait to see where this is going

Can you add me to the PM list if you have one? [face_batting]

x_SwordoftheJedi_x

9. Jainasolorocks

Nov 18, 2006
    im working on the 3rd chapter, so be patient with me. hope everyone likes it!

10. Jainasolorocks

Nov 18, 2006
    still working on the 3rd chapter, but here's a little bit.

Chapter 3

In his room, Jacen was talking to Zekk, when he suddenly doubled over as his shoulder erupted into fiery pain. ?Jacen, what?s wrong?? Looking up at Zekk, Jacen started to answer, then was suddenly blinded as the room burst into colorful dots and swirls. As blackness began to creep into the edges of his vision, he heard a voice screaming at him.

?Jacen!!!?

With a groan, he forced the blackness away and stood up. Zekk put a supporting hand around Jacen?s waist, which was good since Jacen almost collapsed when he tried to take a step.

?Jacen, what?s wrong?? Zekk?s question made the pain ebb for a moment.

?Something?something happened?to?Jaina.? Zekk?s eyes widened and he eased Jacen on to the bed.

?Where is she?? Jacen closed his eyes and reached out, trying to feel his twin through their bond. ?In the hanger. Something happened, someone was there?.? Zekk bit his lip, wishing he had a lightsaber. Sensing his friend?s thoughts, Jacen unclipped his saber from his belt and held it out to Zekk.

?Go, help Jaina. I need to rest for a moment. I?ll catch up.? Zekk stared at the lightsaber. He hadn?t touched one since the Shadow Academy. Slowly, he put his hand out and grasped the saber, feeling the cool metal on his palm. He took a deep breath and nodded to Jacen, then turned and took off down the hall as fast as he could. He soon realized that he would never reach the hanger in time at the speed he was going. With hesitation, he reached out and touched the Force.

The waves of energy seemed to ripple when he touched it, like an old friend welcoming him back. He carefully extended a probe through the Force, and located Jaina?s presence. She was unconscious, and he could feel her wounds; a blaster shot to the shoulder and a slight concussion. Anger stirred deep inside him and he felt a faint tingle at his fingertips; the urge to destroy whoever had done this to Jaina. The Force stirred with his emotions, making him realize he had the power to do just that. His face broke out in a malicious grin, then he froze. ?What are you doing? Jaina needs you and you?re about to fall back to the Dark Side! Snap out of it!? He shook his head and stared at the lightsaber in his hand. He had to get a grip. Jaina was in danger; this was no time to lose it. He slowly took a deep breath and closed his eyes, reaching deep into his mind to find a memory that would help him focus on the Light Side. A picture rose in his mind, one of Jaina. She was standing next to a river on Yavin 4, wading into the cool water, not caring that her jumpsuit was getting soaked. She turned and smiled at him, a gentle breeze tossing her hair. Zekk opened his eyes and smiled, then vanished as he used the Force to sprint down the hallway.

11. x_SwordoftheJedi_x

May 27, 2008
    Thanks for the PM

I hope he gets there in time to save her... cant wait for more :)

EDIT: Yay first post! :D

x_SwordoftheJedi_x

12. darthtoad

darthtoad Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 14, 2008
    Hey, I'm new on here, but I read this and liked it. I'm not really a fan of beyond the saga stuff, but the plotline and just general... well, writing, is good. Can't wait to read more!

13. Jainasolorocks

Nov 18, 2006
    thx darthtoad. welcome to the boards! ill have a new post up either 2nite, or 2mrw. writers block has been evil to me :) hope u will invite more ppl![face_praying]

14. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    Wow! very intreaging story. I hope Jaina is ok!

15. JediBettyBug18

JediBettyBug18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    i really like this story! especially the dialogue.

continue with the excellent writing!

love marybeth

16. Jainasolorocks

Nov 18, 2006
    thx for the reviews everybody![:D] im sry i havnt updated, DRL has been very annoying.:rolleyes: mostly in the way of my (gulp) [face_skull] mother [face_skull]. ill hav update before the end of the week tho!

17. Jainasolorocks

Nov 18, 2006
    ok, finally got the chapter finished! now, i hope everyone will enjoy this!

Jaina could feel a prickle in the back of her mind, one that told her something important had happened. She sluggishly reached out through the Force, trying to ignore the pounding in her head. ?Zekk?? Jaina was confused. And it had nothing to do with her getting hit on the head. Zekk had sworn four years ago that he would never use the Force again. When Zekk felt her touch, his relief washed through the Force, followed by caution.

?Stay there, I?m coming. Don?t do anything stupid.?

She rolled her eyes and sent a mental image of her sticking out her tongue at him. ?I think I can take care of myself, thank you.? She could feel Zekk?s amusement through the Force.

?Oh really? Then why am I coming to rescue you??

Jaina said nothing, but fumed silently, sending it through the Force. Unfortunately, it only made Zekk more amused. Jaina rolled her eyes again and broke the contact with Zekk, determined not to be the damsel in distress. Slowly, she opened one eye and scanned the area around her. She was still in her ship, on the floor of the cargo hold. Surprisingly, her arms and legs were free, and her lightsaber still hung on her belt. ?Amateurs.? She thought as she finished scanning the room. A single, bored looking Rodian stood guard, a battered E-11 blaster rifle in his hands. Had Jaina not been a Jedi, she would have made the Rodian suffer a slow, painful death for locking her up in here. But, because she was a Jedi, she went the sympathetic way and used the Force to slam the Rodian against the bulkhead.

As the now unconscious Rodian slumped to the floor, Jaina jumped up and stretched, almost instantly regretting it as her shoulder throbbed with pain. She took a deep breath and used the Force to ease the pain. When the pain had been dulled to an ache, she moved to the door and palmed the switch. When the door refused to open, she used the Force and found the problem. The console on the other side had been melted to slag. Jaina clenched her teeth and fought to keep control of her temper. Now there was only one way out; cutting through the door with her lightsaber. Promising herself that she would hunt down every person responsible and teach them a lesson, she ignited her lightsaber and plunged it into the door. Slowly, she dragged it around in a circle, cutting a hole big enough for her to fit through. Once finished, she pulled the blade out and used the Force to lower the large piece of durasteel to the ground. She paused and listened for a moment, then stuck her head out the hole. A trio of blaster bolts zipped past her head, singeing her hair and hitting the wall, leaving large, black scorch marks.

?Stupid kriffing bounty hunters!? Jaina activated her lightsaber and leapt out into the corridor, deflecting more energy bolts as she muttered several more curses under her breath. The bounty hunter, a less-than-courageous Trandoshan, panicked upon seeing a lightsaber in the hands of a-less-than-happy Jedi, and tossed a thermal detonator.

?Idiot! What is he trying to do, blow us to the Unknown Regions and back?!? Jaina called the incompetent bounty hunter several more choice names, as she formed a Force bubble around the detonator, while still deflecting the shots the Trandoshan was firing, and using the Force to keep the pain in her shoulder from overwhelming her. Her skin began to burn like fire from the overuse of Force energy, and she had to fight to keep her lightsaber up. She knew she had to release the energy in her, or be consumed by it. She smiled as she used the energy to create a Force shove, so powerful it sent the Trandoshan flying to the end of the corridor, where he crashed into the wall with a loud crunch. With her attention on the Trandoshan, Jaina temporarily forgot about the thermal detonator and let the Force bubble around it fall. A loud beeping caught her attention, and she turned to see the timer on the detonator just turning to one. She threw up a quick Force bu

18. darthtoad

Aug 14, 2008
    OOOOH cliff hanger!!! darthtoad approves! =D= good work!

19. Jainasolorocks

Nov 18, 2006
    aww, thxs darthtoad. i couldnt resist the cliff. congrats on the first post, and btw, i luved ur darth maul story on the saga board. i hope that there is more to come, and i hope u get more readers!

20. darthtoad

Aug 14, 2008
    awww thanks.... i feel special now.... lol. when can we expect more story?

21. Jainasolorocks

Nov 18, 2006
    ur welcome darthtoad. [:D] there should b an update by next weekend, if life all goes according to my evil plan. :D if it doesnt, then it might b a little longer. ill do my best to fit an update in between my plans of building a lightsaber and world domination :D now, where did i put those new death star plans?

22. x_SwordoftheJedi_x

May 27, 2008
    Evil cliffhanger. Hope you post more soon!

?Master on planet Ta-.?
    Hmmm, 'Ta-', Tatooine perhaps? I wonder who their master is...

x_SwordoftheJedi_x

23. darthtoad

Aug 14, 2008
    How does one bump up a story? hmm... maybe i can just hold up my sonic screwdriver to the story and... UP!! oh darn... it fell down again. ok... i'll try sticking my double-bladed green lightsaber in it... YEAH POWER!!! THIS STORY IS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. darthtoad

Aug 14, 2008
    ... and then it fell back down again... odd. hmm... what should i try next? A BLASTER PISTOL!!! no no no... too uncivilized... hmm... I HAVE IT!!! FORCE LIGHTNING!!!

25. Jainasolorocks

Nov 18, 2006
    sry guys, its gonna take a little longer then i thought for an update. DRL has been very frustrating. school, work, chores, mothers, it never ends. ill try my best to update b4 next weekend!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.