main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Hidden from Dark Forces (Creatures of the Dark OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by SkywalkerShine, Jan 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    @galactic-vagabond422 @TheSenatessaber @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @dragonsith13 @Sith-I-5

After the battle with the Dark Jedi and Niluk's droids, I'm thinking the enemies could get away, leaving an injured soldier that worked for Tep behind. CeCe and the others try to interrogate him, but he dies afterwards, saying, "May the Servants of Darkness prevail!". CeCe then has an idea of who could help them figure out what the Servants of Darkness is. The next mission would be Socorro. What do you guys think?

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Can you leave a message with someone on the local gov' forces that the mission has moved on to Soccoro, or update the Chief of State's office, so that my pair know where to go?

SkywalkerShine likes this.
  3. TheSenatessaber

TheSenatessaber Jedi Padawan

Mar 12, 2018
  4. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Can Dasha glean at least some information from the Tactical Droid? Otherwise she'd been pretty useless in this fight.

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Sounds terrific. Putting this on watch now. @};- :cool:

6. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Oh, the mission is still ongoing on Ord Mantell. :) I just wanted to do a update on where the heroes will go next. Basically, CeCe knows an information broker who's an old friend. On Socorro, he runs a nightclub and whatever info CeCe needs, she'll tell him. Mayne they could run into trouble with a spy working for either Niluk or the Servants of Darkness.

Oh, after the short conversation with Leia, you could timeskip to when you're arriving or landing on Ord Mantell at Worlport, so you won't feel left out. How does that sound?

Sure! We're still trying to help civilians and battling bad guys. I'll give @dragonsith13 the cue on when he and his people can escape. But until then, we're still in battle.

I hope this helps.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    YAYNESS! Eagerly hoping to eventually bring Luke into the mix -- [face_love] [face_batting] when do you think would be a good point, once they've arrived on Socoro, or should he be apprised en route so that he can "meet" up with the gang there? [face_dancing]

8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Oh, after the short conversation with Leia, you could time skip to when you're arriving or landing on Ord Mantell at Worlport, so you won't feel left out. How does that sound?

I cannot do a time skip by myself. A time skip affects everyone, eg. everyone on Worlport are a day later among the aftermath, and then mine turn up.

How do you feel about me running an nrc on Ord Mantell (with a starfighter), so that we get a bit of response from the locals?

9. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Sorry for the delay, you all are pushing the story so well with the quality posts. I am hoping to get something done this weekend and posted.

10. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    I have to get back to work, but I'll be back soon, so we can sort everything out. I want the roleplay to be a fun and fair experience for everyone. I deeply apologize for any mishaps...

11. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Hello everyone. I'm back.

First off I just want to say that I'm truly happy that you all are having a great time on the role play. At first, I didn't think there would be a lot of people here. But now that there's a good amount of players (and more are still welcomed to join), I want to say thank you for joining and making this a fun role play.

Now for the tough parts...

I've noticed that we've been moving the story along in a fast pace. Not a bad thing. But the thing is that we should give other players' a chance to respond. Like @dragonsith13 and @Sith-I-5. I want to give these two a chance to reply so no one feels left out. Not being mean or anything, I just want this to be a fun yet fair experience for everyone.

As GM, I myself would usually wait on roleplayers to respond. I understand that it takes others a while to respond due to life and work. So I'm thinking we should take turns to respond to one another. And me, being the GM, can wait until everyone replies. By the way, one roleplayer says that they're taking a break due to life. And that's understandable.

Also, if it takes someone more than a week (Say like from Sunday to Saturday) to reply, we have to move on. There are others who take long to reply and there are others that wants the story to move along.

What do you guys think we should do in order for us to keep this fun yet fair? I just want to be a good GM and let everyone have a good time.

@galactic-vagabond422 @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @TheSenatessaber @Sith-I-5 @dragonsith13

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [:D] @};- for @SkywalkerShine who is hosting such a FUN and RIVETING RP. =D=
    In RPs where I'm interacting strictly with one other player such as pairing off to do a task or in a duel, of course, the back and forth is easy and streamlined.
    However, when there are several players interacting, I have to rein in can't-wait-to post-itis and wait for others to respond to my tags.
    I am endeavoring in "Creatures" to reply/tag those who are involved in what my characters are directly doing, e.g., fighting the commando droids or helping the hostages.
    There shouldn't be pressure to post quickly for those who get caught up in RL stuff so [face_laugh] maybe for the ones who are eager! speaking for myself, if I post first thing in the A.M. I can wait at least till the next day about the same time to see if the others in my part of the RP have posted yet? [face_thinking]

I do think generally a 7-day timeframe to allow as a maximum is fair enough.

13. TheSenatessaber

Mar 12, 2018
    Yeah, I was a bit too eager with the responses. It would make sense to slow down with the posts, I’ll be more patient and wait for others from now on :).

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    My people are travelling a great distance, so for the time being, I am okay with the frequency that everyone is posting.

From my side, @TheSenatessaber , you are doing a great job chiming in with adversaries to oppose the good guys.

For other players, you are all doing a great job.

Please though, take the time to notice and address what his npcs are doing, and try not to dispense with all of them in single posts. The action should look and feel better for it, and he should feel better about the effort he is making.

15. TheSenatessaber

Mar 12, 2018
    Aww, thanks, I do think it is bit too much going on though.

16. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Not sure. Lol But if there won't be any takers for Luke, someone can do an NPC for him on a hologram for Mara. So they can chat via hologram. :)

Oh! If you want to, that could work. Then maybe you could have your IC characters go to Socorro instead?

It's quite alright, dragon. Keep up the great work. If you need help with anything, feel free to ask. I just want this to be fun for you. But at the same time, I want you to have a chance to post too.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  17. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    I agree, @Sith-I-5. Thank you for creating formidable opponents, @TheSenatessaber. You too, @dragonsith13. :)

But you're right, @Sith-I-5. We'll do our best to pay more attention and acknowledge the enemies more. Plus, I want CeCe to suffer. She may be tough, but her experiencing failure, suffering, and beat downs develops her character. I want her to struggle, so she can feel real. As for the other characters too.

That's why I'm giving @TheSenatessaber permission for Niluk to run off and join @dragonsith13's character Tep. They can escape with some civilians while the heroes are either injured or tired. They failed to rescue some (even from death) but there are a few survivors.

Perhaps the heroes could stay a while and tend to the people and each other while at the same time getting to know each other before they leave for Socorro. What do you guys think? This could be character development between the characters.

@galactic-vagabond422 @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

TheSenatessaber and Sith-I-5 like this.
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  19. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
  20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I wrote a post at work, but since I cannot access the Boards there, I had to print and take home.

Last night, I completed a Leia response, and re-typed 2/3 of the Worlport nrc post.

21. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    @Sith-I-5 Oh okay. Did you need help with anything on it?

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    OK ... just wanna make sure I get my next post right ;) Sevrina got donked by one of the Mando-esque types but not seriously. Dasha just sent that wonderfully confusing message(s) to confuse everyone. So I want Mara and Sevrina to help more with the civilians but I have 2 questions:

1. Will CeCe get injured and need their attention first?

2. Will Sith-I-5's duo arrive in the meantime and need to be caught up to what's happening? [face_thinking]

@TheSenatessaber @galactic-vagabond422 @SkywalkerShine @Sith-I-5

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    My duo will probably arrive when you guys are dealing with the aftermath, as, it doesn't make sense for an entire night to pass for my team, in the same length of time that it took you lot to jog to Government House, and have a scrap.

24. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    1. After my second post from the recent one I'll make, I'll have CeCe get injured by Niluk. I'll @TheSenatessaber's character defeat CeCe by using Force lightning or Force choke (knocking her out) but leave her and Oliver on the ground. Oliver's hallucinations while go away and he can help the injured CeCe.

While that's happening, Niluk can get on his shuttle and follow @dragonsith13's ship as they fly off too. Niluk will join Tep.

2. I do like @Sith-I-5's idea. Once Dasha, Mara, and everyone else tends to the injured civilians, their characters can arrive. Afterwards, CeCe can tell the group where they can get info about the Servants of Darkness, after interrogating a Dark Jedi soldier who dies afterwards, who exclaims, "Long live the Servants of Darkness!"

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @galactic-vagabond422

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  25. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Hey, @dragonsith13? Do you want to make an escape on your next post? Or duel with Mara and/or Sevrina then escape with most of the civilians?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.