curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    One Apprentice, One Pathway: Hidden

OK, this is the first fan fic I ever wrote so I hope everyone likes it!

This is the 3rd part of my series :)

Hidden Part One

Obi-Wan Kenobi engaged the ship?s hyper-drive and allowed himself a sigh of relief. Along with his Master Qui-Gon Jinn and another Master/Padawan pair, Lena and her apprentice Kyrana, he had spent over a month on the most boring planet in the galaxy sitting through the most boring bio-weapons negotiations of all time! Why it took so long was beyond him. Obi-Wan simply wasn?t used to long, boring missions. He was now back on his way to Courscant to the Jedi Temple and would hopefully be assigned to something slightly less mind numbing. He suppressed another sigh as his master entered the cockpit.

?Is everything all right Obi-Wan?? Qui-Gon inquired.

?Yes Master,? Obi-Wan replied.

?When can we expect to land on Courscant??

Obi-Wan checked a few read-outs. ?Same amount of time as it took Master,? Obi-Wan said. ?A week.?

Qui-Gon nodded and sat down in silence. Not that Obi-Wan expected anything more from his master. That simply wouldn?t be Qui-Gon like.

Presently Qui-Gon sent Obi-Wan to fetch Master Lena. He didn?t mention why but Obi-Wan sensed discomfort within his master. Obi-Wan himself couldn?t feel anything particularly wrong but upon feeling his master?s emotions and then seeing Master Lena?s discomfort when he called upon her, he was certain something was up.

Master Lena was a tall muscular woman with dark skin and black hair that was restrained in a tight bun. Obi-Wan knew she was half human because her slim, curvaceous body was like that of a human but her eyes, nose and ears looked feline. Plus she had a tail, which twitched underneath her cloak. Coupled with her amazing gymnastic talents, Obi-Wan was certain that she was half feline, half woman. An interesting mix.

?Hey, do you know what?s wrong?? Kyrana asked in a quiet voice.

Kyrana was Master Lena?s Padawan. She was a human girl with waist length braided red hair. Obi-Wan?s hair had a ginger tint that was visible in brightly lit areas but Kyrana?s hair was a deep dark red that was obvious anytime anywhere. Her Padawan braid rested lightly on her shoulders. She had dark greeny blue eyes that were perhaps her most beautiful feature, Obi-Wan thought to himself. She wasn?t a tall person and her small frame and large eyes made her look a lot younger than her fifteen years of age.

?Makes her look cute,? Obi-Wan thought and felt a little heat on his cheeks.

Recently Obi-Wan had begun to notice the females around him more and more. Despite being a Jedi, he was still a victim of teenage hormones, just as Kyrana was.

Clearing his throat, Obi-Wan said, ?I?m not sure really but our Masters? definitely felt something and I feel?odd.?

Kyrana nodded. ?Hmm,? she said. ?Maybe we could find out.?

?How?? Obi-Wan asked, all ears now.

?Ever heard of eavesdropping?? the girl asked with a devilish grin on her young face.

?I don?t know what it is exactly but it feels as though something bad is about to happen.?

Qui-Gon nodded to Lena. ?I know. It feels almost as if something just?appeared.?

Outside the cockpit, Obi-Wan and Kyrana shared a glance. Now they knew why their Masters were acting strange and why they themselves had a strange yet implacable feeling.

?Has anything appeared on sensors?? Lena asked. ?A ship maybe??

Qui-Gon shook his head. ?Actually I was scanning for planets.?

Lena?s dark eyes met Qui-Gon?s. ?Planets??

Qui-Gon nodded. ?I felt as sudden surge in the Force as if millions of new people had been placed in the galaxy in the same place. Too many people for a ship but more than enough for a planet.?

Lena nodded. ?Yes, that does explain this feeling but how could a planet just appear??

?Maybe it didn?t just appear. Maybe it?s always been there?? Qui-Gon trailed off. Then he spoke up, ?Obi-Wan I know you?re there.?

Lena smil

2. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    oooo, interesting so far, more soon!

3. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    A mysterious planet, a most unfriendly welcome, Obi noticing girls ;) and I'm willing to bet he's about to get nostalgic for boring missions :)

What happens next?

4. DBovensiep

DBovensiep Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2001
    This may be your first Fan Fic, but I must say I am impressed!

5. Jessica Kenobi

Jessica Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2000
    This fic is very good so far! leave us all hangin, huh? hurry up and post ! :)

6. Jessica Kenobi

Jessica Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2000
    this is your first fic, huh? It's very good! keep on writing and posting, don't leave us hangin here!

7. Senni_Arava

Senni_Arava Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    I read this at fanfiction.net, and I really liked it (I didn't review because it didn't post. Computers hate me :D ) Are you going to post Twisted here, too?

8. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Senni_Arava, I will be posting Twisted here too eventually! Thanks to everyone for your feedback! How about the next part then? Hmmm, I suppose I could pull that off...

Part Two

?I have come to apologise. It seems you have been treated most disrespectfully. I hope I can offer you some answers to any questions you have.?

Qui-Gon turned to look at Lena. She too wanted answers. The strange being in front of them, who had earlier introduced himself as Moeren, seemed to be the only one able to do that. Moeren was of a species unfamiliar to both Jedi. His skin was an odd shade of green that seemed to change as he moved. His eyes were brown ovals and he had to small circular nasal slits. He did not have a mouth. His words were Force projected and Qui-Gon and Lena found this most intriguing because this person was otherwise not Force-sensitive.
    Moeren?s upper torso was not too unlike that of a human. It consisted of a chest and two long, withered arms that looked as though they would snap under very light pressure. But that was where the similarities ended. Moeren?s body was supported by a set of tentacles. In the midst of these tentacles, there were two legs but they were too short to touch the ground. He didn?t stand very high but he still carried an air of importance.

?Is it true you had two children with you?? Moeren enquired, his deep voice seeming to echo in the Jedi?s minds.

?Yes we did.? Qui-Gon said. ?Where are they? Where are we??

?I take it that seeing as you are unsure of your whereabouts, that you are unfamiliar with the ways of our world,? Moeren said instead of answer Qui-Gon?s question.

Again Qui-Gon said, ?yes.?

Moeren cleared his throat. ?On our planet children are not?accepted in society. We conceive them but as soon as they are born, they are put out of our way until they come of age.?

?Where are they ?put??? Lena asked, her voice calm and not betraying the worry she held for her missing Padawan.

?Out at sea on ships. There are adults there to take care of them but they tend to be the Misfits of society,? Moeren explained.

?Misfits?? Qui-Gon said inquisitively.

Moeren frowned momentarily and then laughed. ?I see this is going to take quite a while to explain this to you. Perhaps you would care for some refreshments??

Qui-Gon and Lena graciously accepted and followed Moeren out of the stuffy little room where they had awoken and into large, elaborately decorated halls.

?This is my personal residence,? Moeren explained. ?As ruler of Elmvanis I apparently have need for such a large house.?

Qui-Gon and Lena were taken down a large hall that was furnished with fine works of art depicting landscapes that could probably be found in the vicinity of the house, various pieces of magnificently carved furniture, ceiling to floor windows that allowed natural light to stream in and a intricately patterned plush, dark coloured carpet. The sheer extravagance of it boasted wealth and prosperity. Qui-Gon wondered what the other end of the economic scale was like.

Meanwhile, Moeren was explaining in some detail about the mix of styles in his ?humble? abode. ?In this saloon the style is mainly that of regency Elmvanis. The banqueting room is in a slightly more classical style, the kitchen is rather modern but plain. I will arrange a tour for you later if you wish. Anything to make up for your harsh treatment.?

Moeren led them into a small lounge that held an unlit fireplace, a large table and some rather comfortable looking body conforming chairs. Moeren motioned to the Jedi to sit in them while he settled himself down on a large collection of pillows. He presently called in a servant who brought a tray of drinks. Qui-Gon was eager to see how exactly Moeren would drink but to his mild disappointment, Moeren did not join in with the refreshments.

Lena found herself studying the servant. From what she could tell, this was a female of the species (whatever that species was) and there were a few striking dif

9. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Wow, this is your first fic? It's superb! So what's interfering with their bonds? Very interesting! Please post more as soon as you can!

10. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    good post! and great story!!!

11. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    this is great! have you finished this on fanfiction.net?

12. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Cheryl, this is finished on fanfiction.net but I'm posting it here too (slowly but surely) and eventually the sequel will be here too. Thanks for the feedback people!

Here's the next part:

Part Three

It was midnight and the crew was now sleeping so it was safe for the Captain to conduct his shady business deal. He silently slithered to his office cabin, entered and locked the door behind him. He sat on a stool by his desk and on a small keypad hidden within a draw, he punched a code. Behind him there was the creak of old cogs moving and the huge map of the oceans of Elmvanis sunk down and revealed a state of the art comm. system. Connecting the headset to a chip in his ear that allowed him to be heard, he contacted his sectioned business partner. When the call was answered, the pair got straight to business.

?Do you have the two humans on board?? The voice was synthesised in order to protect the speaker?s identity.

?Yes sir,? the Captain spoke with respect despite his dislike for those who were sectioned.

?And have you planted the chip in one of them??

?In deed sir I have.?

?Which one??

?The boy sir.?

?And the girl??

?Do not worry about her sir, I have my plans.?

?Good, keep me informed. Contact me at this time tomorrow.?

?Of course sir.?

The call was ended and the Captain removed the headset and the sea chart shot up out of nowhere and hid the comm. system from view. He sat back on his stool, deep in thought. He couldn?t help but wonder why this sectioned man had sought him out and given him two teenage humans. And on top of that, they were Jedi! He knew that things in the sectioned world were changing and that it was quite possibly a good thing for the Misfits of society. But that still didn?t explain all this. The Captain wanted answers but it was not his place to question his associate. At least, not yet.

The Captain left his office shortly and returned to his cabin, blissfully unaware of the things that were to come.

Obi-Wan woke up shortly before dawn. He found Kyrana snuggled up close to him. Not wanting to disturb her, he kept all movement to a minimum. His thoughts inevitably went back to the previous night?s events. He flushed with shame as he thought of the tears he had so freely wept. What had come over him?

But for some reason, Obi-Wan still felt lost and alone. He didn?t even attempt to contact Qui-Gon because he knew deep in his heart that, no matter how much he wished it wasn?t so, Qui-Gon was gone. That realisation brought more tears to the teen?s eyes but he blinked them back fiercely. He was not a child and he did refused to act like one!

Beside him, Kyrana suddenly awoke. She sat bolt right up and looked around the cabin. Obi-Wan could clearly see the look of alarm on her usually bright face.

?Kyrana what?s up?? Obi-Wan asked.

She turned to him and her features relaxed a little. Taking Obi-Wan completely by surprise, she threw her arms around him. ?Oh thank the Force!? she cried.

Obi-Wan was a little taken aback by this show of affection. When he spoke, his words were a little jumpy. ?W, what is it K,Kyrana??

She let go and sat back. ?I had a terrible dream,? she said quietly. ?I saw you dead and it was all my fault.?

Obi-Wan smiled slightly but he did not feel particularly happy. ?Well, here I am, alive and kicking.?

Kyrana hooked her braid behind her ear and shyly looked up at Obi-Wan. ?Yeah,? she said softly. ?There you are. Are you OK now??

Obi-Wan looked at her and his cheeks warmed up a little. Whatever he wanted to say was lost as the door was unlocked and the guards came in. Getting up together, they followed the grey Elmvanian guards onto the deck where they immediately fell into line.

Once again the Captain strutted up and down the line as he barked out various jobs for the ?scurvy sea rats? to do. Kyrana silently followed a group of children and female Elmvanians to the Captain?s personal quarters.

Obi-Wa

13. Cheryl_Kenobi

May 6, 2001
    OK I went and read both hidden and twisted but you NEED to finish twisted please great story

14. Angel5000

Angel5000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    UP!!

Just as good reading it the second time, as it was the first Ginger!! :)

Keep it up!

15. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    How horrible the way these people treat their children! Is it like that on all the ships or is this just a particularily bad one? I am very curious about why the Padawans can not contact their masters. What chip? Why is it planted in Obi?

So many questions. Post soon!

16. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Heya! greencat336, the answers are coming...

Hi Angel! I'm off to check on your "A Bond of Friendship" as soon as I've posted.

Enjoy!

Part four

Qui-Gon and Lena sat on the patio sipping drinks. Lena turned to Qui-Gon. ?I think we should try and meet some of the other rulers on this planet. So far we have only spoken to Moeren. Perhaps the others will be slightly more open about the ways of Elmvanis.?

Qui-Gon nodded. ?I am forced to agree. Moeren has been most gracious in taking us in like this but we have very little news about our Padawans. Have you had any more luck with Kyrana??

Lena shook her head. ?The only thing I know for sure is that she?s on this planet. What about Obi-Wan??

Qui-Gon?s face remained the same but inside his heart sank. Obi-Wan was no longer a constant presence in Qui-Gon?s mind. His lifeforce came and went. Out loud Qui-Gon said, ?No, I haven?t found Obi-Wan through our bond.?

But Lena knew Qui-Gon was miserable. Any Jedi, from the highest master to the lowest initiate, would be able to sense this. She knew and understood the bond between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan but could only imagine the pain one must feel when that bond began to ebb slowly away.

Both Jedi looked up simultaneously to see Moeren approach. They greeted him politely and then asked if they could visit other sections. Qui-Gon and Lena shared a glance when Moeren reacted with more surprise than was really necessary for such a request.

?Well?I?erm?I suppose it can be arranged,? he said rather hesitantly.

?Please, if you can,? Lena said, her calm voice not betraying anything-the perfect Jedi. ?We are most worried about Kyrana and Obi-Wan and any leads we can find would be most welcome.?

Moeren looked at Qui-Gon. ?Are you sure about this too Master Jedi?? he asked, as if only Qui-Gon?s word would satisfy him.

?Without a doubt Moeren,? Qui-Gon replied without blinking.

Moeren?s sigh seemed rather long and drawn out as it echoed in the Jedi?s minds. ?I shall return soon with the arrangements.? And with that the troubled Elmvanian left.

?I sense something is amiss with him,? Lena said as soon as Moeren was out of earshot. ?However I cannot place it. Something about all of this isn?t right.?

Qui-Gon agreed. ?We must be careful what we say and do around him I think. It could get dangerous.? He looked around the garden as if searching out spies. ?We have allowed ourselves to relax too much and haven?t considered the idea that Moeren maybe??

But whatever Qui-Gon had to say remained unsaid as a female Elmvanian approached the two. ?Please come with me,? she said quietly, almost fearfully. ?Something terrible has happened.?

The two Jedi got up straight away and followed the woman to Moeren?s office. When they arrived they saw that the office was in terrible state. The desk and chairs had been thrown across the room, many of the books had been slashed and there was a strange green substance in small puddles on the ground. The door had been ripped off its hinges and the window had a large spider web crack branching out from the centre where someone had possibly tried to smash through the window.

?Where is Moeren?? Qui-Gon asked. ?Was he injured? Is this his blood??

The maid looked at the Jedi, her voice quaking as she mumbled, ?Master Moeren has been abducted. In fact, all the Section Rulers have been taken.?

?Who by?? Lena asked.

?Misfits,? the Maid replied, her voice quivering with rage.

It seemed luck was on Obi-Wan and Kyrana?s side. After awakening from the previous night?s ordeal, they had discovered that it was already well into the working day yet no one had come for them.

?We should use this opportunity as a time to plan our escape,? Kyrana said, her eyes shining with determination.

Obi-Wan nodded. It seemed that he two apprentices would have to rely on each other instead of their master?s. ?Former Master,? Obi-Wan reminded himself remorsefully. ?Qui-Gon has gone.?

Kyrana felt O

17. Cheryl_Kenobi

May 6, 2001
    this is a great story

18. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    UP!!

Going good Ginger! :)

19. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    oh my, talk about a cliff.

20. JediSenoj451

JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2001
    It's good Ginger. Keep it coming! :)

Who Else But...
    ***Senoj***

21. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    UP! UP! :)

22. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Thanks Angel and Senoj! ;)

Hey, I love Sci-Fi, if you think these cliffhangers are bad, you should check out some of the ones in the sequel to this. Pretty bad right Angel? :D

Thanks everyone for the feedback! Enjoy!

Part Five

Qui-Gon and Lena followed the Vices? to the Combined Military Hanger. In an astoundingly short space of time, the three Vice Rulers, or Yashan at least, had thrown together an attack plan that was a little too rushed and very careless in both Jedi Master?s opinions. Basically, the Sectioned Army would go aboard a Misfit ship, search for their Rulers and then if they found the Rulers, the ship and all onboard would be destroyed. Anyone thought to be withholding information on ships that weren?t carrying the Ruler?s would also suffer.

To Qui-Gon and Lena, it was just a thoughtless excuse to vent pent up emotion on innocent people. At least, that?s how Yashan?s opinion came across. Shirai and Frea seemed only to want to get their Section Ruler back. If only they would stand up against Yashan. That way bloodshed would be prevented.

And of course, they were worried that their Padawan?s would be caught in the crossfire-something neither Jedi wanted to have to deal with.

As they waited for the three Vices? to brief the soldiers, Qui-Gon and Lena attempted to contact their apprentices. Both were met with a void. Both knew that time grew shorter as the hours wore on.

When the Vices? emerged from the briefing room, they explained that the Jedi would be accompanying them on their speeder.

?Perhaps you?d be willing to give us some pointers here and there,? Yashan said as the speeder took them to the nearest harbour. ?After all, it is the Misfits who have your apprentices?.?

?We will serve justice where we feel necessary,? Qui-Gon replied. ?We will not kill innocents.?

?I will not allow anyone to escape from me! There is no such thing as an innocent Misfit,? Yashan sneered. ?If not for them, our planet would be clean.?

?Is that how you see the Misfits Yashan?? Frea asked. ?As unclean beings that have no right to live when in truth they are only guilty of life? Don?t you think that they deserve a chance too? Or are you and your section afraid of them? Perhaps you are afraid of the other Sections as well.?

Yashan said nothing; his livid expression said it all.

?There is no time to argue now,? Lena said quietly but firmly. ?We have a mission to accomplish.?

?Exactly,? Yashan said smugly, thinking he had a Jedi on his side.

?We will not harm anyone unnecessarily. We?ll accomplish little by doing that and by doing so you could spark off something you are not prepared to deal with,? Lena added, setting Yashan right on a few things.

?Hmph, women!? Yashan muttered. ?You are all the same! Weak and full of nice little dreams of fluffy things like global peace. You make me sick! Men on the other hand know what we must do.?

?Then take it from me,? Qui-Gon said, his disgust at Yashan completely disguised by the coolness in his voice. ?By attacking the Misfits needlessly you may start a war.?

Yashan said nothing. He merely glared at Qui-Gon, who gazed back serenely.

A soldier spoke up from the front of the speeder. ?Sir we are about to arrive at the harbour.?

?Thank you soldier,? Yashan said.

Without speaking, Qui-Gon warned Lena. //Remember we are here for our Padawans, not to get involved in a civil war.//

Lena gave a slight nod. //Indeed. Kyrana?s safety comes above all else.//

//As does Obi-Wan?s.//

When consciousness returned to Obi-Wan the first thing he was aware of was pain. His entire body throbbed and ached from the pounding he had taken from the guards earlier. Slowly opening his eyes, he found himself in a cabin much like the one he had awoken in when he had met the Section Rulers. This time though, there were no rulers. But what about Kyrana?

?Kyrana?? Obi-Wan?s voice was hoarse.

?I?m here.? The girl?s voice was quiet. ?A?are you OK n?now?

23. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    Who's complaining about these cliffhangers??
    'cause they have NO idea what a cliffhanger is! LOL

If you want cliffhangers just wait until Ginger posts Twisted!!

*grin* :) Keep it up Ginger!

24. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    What a ride! Poor Kyrana! Poor Obi! Get there fast Qui & Lena.

25. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    sequil? Where? **looks around anxiously.**

Great Post!!! Nice cliff, but what I meant was that you could not put up cliffs ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.