main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Hidden Love (K/J/J triangle)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Raven-Pan, May 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven-Pan

Raven-Pan Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2003
    Hello all, I am new here, but have been prompted elsewhere to post this fic as I write it here.

And without further ado - part one of however many I end up with.

Hidden Love
    By Raven Pan

(Disclaimer: I don't own them, I just like playing with them. I promise to put them back when I'm done!)

I love you. Of course I can never tell you that. I always have, though not the way that I do now. But, you could never accept me. In fact, I'm certain if you learned of how I felt for you, you would throw me out of Twin Suns before I could ask "Why".

That's a good question. Why? Why did I fall in love with you? What happened?

It used to be simple. I remember, years ago, coming to visit Han. The other Jedi would all go home, and Luke would take me to Coruscant to visit with your father while he visited with his sister.

In the wee hours of the morning, after one nightmare too many I would often sit at the picture window, thinking. No, brooding. Invariably, you would pad out in your feeted pyjamas. Your hair hung over your shoulders in two small braids, the end of one which you were always chewing. Sometimes you were dancing around, putting a toy X-wing through such maneuvres a pilot would be insane to pull off. Who knew years later you would be performing those exact maneuvres in defense of life as we knew it?

Most of the time, though, you'd be chewing on your braid, and hugging onto a stuffed bantha as you padded up to me in my own personal brooding zone. "Unca Kyp?" you'd always say.

And I always answered, "I'm not your uncle, it's just Kyp."

You were always stubborn. You'd just keep on calling me uncle, and climb up into my lap whether I wanted you there or not. Usually not. Then again, who was I to deny you? And so, I'd sit looking out the window, and you'd cuddle up to me, sitting in my lap. And ask questions.

So many questions - I often wondered where you got all of them. Eventually your energy would run out, and you would fall asleep. I'd take you back to your bed, tuck you in, then go to the guest room where I stayed. And I would sleep a kind, dreamless sleep.

You were kind of like my own personal little angel, reminding me of just how much I was missing and at the same time giving me so much. You gave me family, and I loved you for that. It was sort of a family kind of love, a fondness relatives might have one for another.

Things quickly changed when you came to the Academy. I was off away from Yavin most of the time, and when I returned a few years later, things had changed. Perhaps it's because of stories you'd heard, perhaps it's just because nobody else there cared for me. Whatever it was, I was no longer 'Unca Kyp'... I wasn't even your friend. I was just, 'Durron.'

That hurt, to know the sweet adoring little girl who chased away my nightmares, was now grown into a girl who couldn't stand the sight of me. So I stayed away. I gathered to myself a group of pilots and went after pirates and smugglers in my lone-wolf of a quest for justice.

One day, I came into a room in Lando's place to check on the record for running through the asteroid belt. And what did I see, but the most beautiful young lady I'd ever set eyes on.

Imagine my surprise when I found out it was you.

Something happened to my heart then... something unexpected, unwarranted.

Then I did a foolish thing, in stead of trying to gain your friendship again, I manipulated you into helping me in my personal war against the Vong. Of course you would have been angry with me, and your dislike of me would grow.

Stang, you're lovely even when you're angry.

Imagine my dismay when I saw you begin to flirt with darkness. Slipping to the darkness in your grief. That was something I knew all too well, and I couldn't let you continue on your descent. I didn't care, at that moment, whether you hated me forever or not - I just cared about getting you back to the safety of the Light. After that, you could do what you wished.

That's when I realised I'd fallen in love with yo

2. EBrooklynW

EBrooklynW Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2003
    Yeah! You posted here! Ok Excellent as always, and I give you a double helping of Sugar coated Kyps!

~EbrooklynW or Artemis347

3. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    OOOH! Good--no, great--beginning! LOVED the stuff about Jaina when she was little (reminds me of something I once wrote... 8-} ). Very, very good start!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

4. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Ooooh, very nice!!!! Must have more!!! :)

Dana

5. duskwings

duskwings Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    Wow . . . great beginning! Little Jaya was so cute . . . and Kyp is so sad and angsty . . . :D I love it. [face_love] I hope to see more soon.

-duskwings

6. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    That was soo cute!!!!!!!!!

Poor Kyp, it's awful he feels that way..and damn Jaina for being so.so....ah man! I don't even know how to put it!!

More!

7. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    oohh...excellent beginning. Amart to make it J/J/K...you attract more people that way 8-} I learned that the hard way ;)

MORE!

EJ

8. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    I love it so far! Absolutely wonderful. :) More yes?

~~Jilly

9. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    hugging onto a stuffed bantha as you padded up to me in my own personal brooding zone. OMG! A personal Brooding zone! That's so very Kypish!

Stang, you're lovely even when you're angry. Of course, Kyp... you're the sort of person that would think so...

I have no right to love you that way. Kyp has every right... please fix this :p ...of course our lovely Kyp thinks he doesn't...

My happiness was never an issue, was never meant to be. I'm a man caught tangled in a web of hostility and self-loathing. Yes, I hate myself, I hate what I've done, I hate everything about myself. I hate that to hold onto the light I have to struggle with all that I am. Happiness is not meant for me. Never has been, never will be. [face_shocked] that is Kyp, in one paragraph... woah...

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!

10. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    my curiousity got the best of me, so i finally clicked on the link. looks good so far, raven.

~aeryn

11. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    Fic after fic I read always makes me feel even more sorrier for Kyp. If only he gets a little resolution in the NJO, I will be happy.

Great start! Very attention-grabbing style!

12. alain_bioras

alain_bioras Jedi Master star 2

Oct 17, 2002
    That's all? POST MOOORE!!!! This is too good!

Are you another new K/J junkie? (Our numbers are growing everyone [face_mischief] )

13. Raven-Pan

Raven-Pan Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2003
    EBrooklynW - *grins and munches sugar coated Kyps* Ayup! Thanks for the encouragement!

Jedi_Jaina_Durron - I'm so glad you like the beginning! Aye, I shall post more presently.

DantanaSkywalker - More! More! Oh wait, this is my fic. *sweatdrop* here's more!

duskwings - *smile* thankee kindly. Here is the soon more.

C3SoloPO - I couldn't agree more *chuckle*

Eowyn_Jade - *G* well, making it K/J/J is the only way I can be sure to grab lots of attention :) (attention hungry? me? you got it!)

JainaDurron - More, yes.

Kyp_side_of_TheForce - [brooding zone] *G* glad you like. [lovely anger] He would, wouldn't he? [no right] I agree, poor lad hasn't realised this yet. *sigh* [Kyp in a 'graph] *G* Thanks!

AERYN_SUN - I am glad you like it thus far. Please stick along for the ride!

Jaded Skywalker - I must agree with you 'bout Kypster. Thanks for the compliment too!

alain_bioras - I shall post more. Yes, I am a K/J fan *chuckle* But don't think that defines me *evil grin*

Wow, I didn't expect to get so many comment/reviews! I should have come here sooner :)

14. Raven-Pan

Raven-Pan Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2003

Disclaimer: I don't own them, I just borrow them for playing. I promise I'll give 'em back!!!

Hidden Love : Chapter Two
    By Raven Pan

"Hey there Goddess, what task have you for your lowly porter?"

"Blackmoon Eleven is getting pulled in - I thought you might want to come along and help me convince him to join Twin Suns."

Kyp raised an eyebrow, "Convince?"

She nodded, "Convince. Anyone stupid enough to go up against a squadron of skips alone, is crazy enough to be one of us."

Kyp shrugged and stood, "Alright Goddess." He smiled as he passed her and flicked her chin with a finger.

She shook her head and sighed exhasperatedly, then noted the crumpled up piece of flimsy Kyp'd thrown into the corner. Serruptitiously, she reached out a hand, and when it flew into her grasp, she stuffed it into her pocket and headed down to the landing bay.

The two Jedi Pilots stood in the landing bay as an old beat-up looking X-wing wobbled its way in to land. Once it had shut down, and the canopy opened, Jaina spoke. "I want you to join Twin Suns squadron."

The pilot, saying nothing, just jabbed a thumb at himself as though asking, 'who, me?'

"You've got the skills. You're an amazing pilot, and you're insane to boot! You'd fit straight in." Jaina smiled.

Kyp raised an eyebrow, and suppressed a chuckle.

"No Thanks," the pilot said.

"Why not?" Jaina asked.

"Well, I'm trying very hard to be retired," the pilot pulled off his helmet and smiled, "But the war isn't letting me."

"General *Antilles*?!" Jaina's jaw dropped, and Kyp and Wedge both started laughing.

Wedge wagged a finger at her, "Goddess, you should have known it was me. You're slipping."

Jaina frowned and then scowled up at the, still laughing, Kyp Durron. "What's *your* excuse?"

"The... *look*... on your..." Kyp gasped for air, "on your *FACE*!" Another fit of laughter took him over, and she punched him in the shoulder as she turned and left.

He ran after her, "Hey Goddess... don't take it so personally." He told her when he'd caught up.

"I'm not," she said imperiously. "Go away, Kyp Durron." She turned down a hall and headed for her quarters.

Kyp stood there looking after her. He sighed as she disappeared from sight. "Alright, Jaya... but I won't be going far," he said quietly to nobody but the empty corridor.

Once in her room, Jaina flopped on her bed. "I can't *believe* I didn't know it was Wedge," she shook her head. "You'd think I'd notice a presence like his, but *noooo*, I wanted a new pilot and just comPLETELY shut myself down." She turned over onto her stomach and looked out the viewport afforded to her by her 'goddess' status. "Never again."

She looked up as the door to her quarters chimed. With a sigh, she stretched out with the Force to see who had decided to bother her now. Her face lit up with a smile at the familiar presence. "Come in!" she called out happily as she got up and sat on the bed, smoothing down her hair a bit.

Jagged Fel entered, the slight smile that he wore in stead of an actual grin was in place. When the door closed, he moved to sit beside her. "How're you doing?" he asked.

"Better, now that you're here," she smiled and lay back down again, her head in his lap. "I was afraid you'd gone off back home without saying goodbye."

"You know I won't do that, Jaina," he told her kindly as he let one hand play with the soft strands of her hair. "But...."

She sat up and looked at him, "But what?"

"But I do have to go back, even if it's just for a little while."

"But why? Shawnkyr made it through the battle." Jaina shook her head, "You promised you'd stay if she made it through!"

He sighed, "It's more complicated than that. I know I can trust Shawnkyr to give an accurate report... but I want to be sure it's an accurate report of all sides in this matter. I want the Chiss to lend aid in this, and without a complete picture, I'm afraid they might not do so."

"Then send a transmission." Even as she said it, Jaina knew the i

15. EBrooklynW

Apr 11, 2003
    Excellent.. I Love this.. didn't I tell you this would be a great place to post.. yeah just beating my own chest.. wait literally that would hurt.. nevermind... More please Por Favor!! ;)

~EBrooklynW

P.S. Almost forgot your Kyps [face_blush] *hand them ove* here you go!

16. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    She shook her head and sighed exhasperatedly, then noted the crumpled up piece of flimsy Kyp'd thrown into the corner. Serruptitiously, she reached out a hand, and when it flew into her grasp, she stuffed it into her pocket and headed down to the landing bay.

[face_shocked] Uhoh... So when does she read it? :D Wonderful post. More!

~~Jilly

17. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Yes, I'm wondering that, too.

*does Dance of Joy* An update, an update!

*stops when people notice Dance of Joy* Uh, learned it from Joss Whedon . . .

Dana

18. EBrooklynW

Apr 11, 2003
    Dantana Please.. the dance of Joy should only be done in Lorne's home dimension... Humans shouldn't be exposed to such terror!
    ;)

~EBrooklynW

19. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Um... Wow. All I can do is beg for more. This is incredibly written!! I'm betting, just for angst factor, Jaina won't be reading the paper for awhile. Or it'll fall out of her pocket or something and someone else will grab it first and start reading it.

Or...it'll fall out of her pocket and Kyp will see it fall out and he'll start freaking out...

So many possibilities! Post again soon, please!!! The suspense is too much!

-Mia

20. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Hey, at least it was the dance of joy and not the dance of . . . whatever the other one was called.

I need to find a clip of that . . .

MORE! :D

Dana

21. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Wow. This story really is deep, isn't it. Gotta keep my eye on this one.

22. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    READ IT! READ THE FLIMSY!!!!

That's all I got to say. ;)

23. EBrooklynW

Apr 11, 2003
    Dantana,

Wasn't it the dance of shame?
    well i personally don't care if it actually was Joss in that suit.. it's weird and freaky... i stand by we're better off not seeing stuff like that ;)

EBW

24. duskwings

duskwings Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    She'd better read the note . . . especially now that Jag's gone and she's completely free . . . ;)

Great post!

-duskwings

25. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I couldn't remember if it was Dance of Shame or Dance of Sorrow. [face_laugh]

When do we get an update?? I really want Jaya to read that letter!!!!

Dana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.