main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Hidden Love (K/J/J triangle)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Raven-Pan, May 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duskwings

duskwings Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    [face_shocked] Kyp . . . oh no . . . :_| He can't be dead, he can't be! Oh, no . . . :_|

-duskwings

2. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    Kyp! No!!!!! *sniffle* Sounds kind of like my theorized NJO ending. :(

3. Sith_Priestess

Sith_Priestess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    No no! NOT KYP!!! POOOR KYP!!! *sobs*

~Priestess

4. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
  5. Raven-Pan

Raven-Pan Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2003
    Hehee. it's my birthday :) I gonna post nice thing now.

Eowyn Jade, The Jedi Princess, Duskwings, sith priestess, I am sending to you plenty of hankies and some sugarcoated purple lightsabres.

Jaded Skywalker - hmmm interesting... :)

Jaina Durron - You're smiling?!?!?!

Hidden Love : Chapter Six
    By Raven Pan
    *~*~*~**~*~*~*~

"You PROMISED!" Jaina screamed at Kyp, as she saw his limp body fly away from the X-wing's debris. Anger flowed over her, drowning her in its embrace as she opened herself to all the Force would allow. She could feel the empty spots that were the skips, the emptiness projected by their dovin basals.

Jag's voice was ignored as she kept screaming, her anger at Kyps broken promise turning to anger at everything and anything. She reached out and turned the singularities on the skips, causing each one to be sucked into its own non-existance within a matter of moments. Annoyed with the sound of people questioning what was going on, she flicked off her comm, and flew toward the Jedi Master's floating body.

As she got nearer, her tears renewed in earnest, the sight of bits of metal piercing his body almost too much for her to bear. He was spiraling away into the void, but she would not allow it. She hoped, she prayed to any being out there who might listen, that there would be some way to save him.

Jaina brought her X-wing up beside him, and reminiscent of actions they had performed above Borleas, what seemed like centuries ago, she slowed his toppling, to the point where his body rested upon an s-foil, as though asleep.

*~*~*~**~*~*~*

Once again, Jag tried to put his arms around Jaina in comfourt. Once again she pushed him away and continued her pacing. "They've been in there for *hours* now!"

He stood, his hands at his sides as he regarded the distraught young woman before him. "Jaina, you should be glad he is even alive."

"Barely," she corrected with a snort on her way past.

He watched her pace back and forth across the room for the nth time. "Be that as it may, the surgeries he needs will likely take some time before they can even think of putting him into Bacta."

She stopped before she passed him again, regarding him with hurt eyes, "But I can't *feel* him anymore, Jag. It's like he's not even *there*." With that admission, she burst into tears.

This time, when he put his arms around her, she didn't push him away. Rather, she collapsed against him as she cried. She didn't notice the hitch in the young man's heart as he rubbed her back. Sure, he knew she would be worried about Kyp, he'd been a friend and saviour to her. But this... he couldn't help but feel that it was the beginning of the end.

*~*~*~**~*~

Jaina had fallen asleep in a chair of the waiting room when Jag recieved a comm call. His uncle was requesting that he come and report on his trip to Chiss space. Planting a small kiss on Jaina's forhead, he left her there.

A few minutes later, she awoke to find herself alone. She was about to panic, when she saw Sharr step into the medbay. He stood before her, regarding her silently. Finally, she spoke, "What is it?"

"Great one," he exaggerated a bow, "I was coming to see how you were holding up against your vassal's uncertain state."

She blinked.

"I wanted to see how you were doing, with Kyp in bacta."

"Oh."

"Not too well, I take it?"

"The doctors said they're not sure if he'll make it."

At that, Sharr sat down beside her, resting a hand on hers, "He will. He's too stubborn to do otherwise."

She smiled slightly, "Thanks."

After several long, silent minutes, in which Sharr got up and returned with caf for them both, Jaina spoke again. "He'd better make it."

Sharr said nothing.

"He has to, because I'm going to go get him some clothes for when he gets out of bacta, and they won't be of any use to him otherwise."

He stared after her in confusion as she nodded, tossed back the last of her caf like a shot of whisky, and stalked out of the room.

With a shake of his head, he sat back, "Wo

6. Sith_Priestess

Sith_Priestess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Awwwww that was good but sad. Poor Jaina.

~Priestess

7. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    I smiled cause you posted. Poor Kyp. :(

~~Jilly

8. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Poor Kyppie.

Poor Jaina.

:_|

9. Jaded Skywalker

Nov 24, 1999
    "Please tell me who those people are with Kyp... they look for all the galaxy like a family."

Lukes face betrayed sadness of knowledge long kept secret, "They were."

OHHHH, this keeps getting sadder and sadder... :( Hope some romance comes along to cheer me up... ;)

10. duskwings

Jan 10, 2003
    Oh, dear . . . I guess she had to learn eventually. And now she's angry at Kyp . . . :(

-duskwings

11. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Woah. I just went cold, and it's not because its 1 degree Celcius either. :(

12. Raven-Pan

Raven-Pan Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2003
    Disclaimer: "I wish I was you wish you were me I think I'd like to be you think you'd like to be me too."

Sith Priestess: Aye...pooor pooor Jaina....

JainaDurron: Ah! I understand now. Sniff, poor kypster...

Jedi Jaina Durron : hmmm I am sensing a trend....

Jaded Skywalker : eventually I may get around to it... perhaps. }:)

duskwings: ayup. heh. :)

the jedi princess: =sends over a nice warm nerfhide cloak=

A/N:

Hey all! I know there's more of you out there reading this, some of you have even reviewed! I beg of you to make me a happy elf and continue reviewing - how else will I know whether this story pushes buttons?

Kyp: You're begging now?

Yes.

Kyp: -=rolls eyes=- Well, at least you kept me alive this time.

-=grins=- don't count your clucks before they're hatched, dear.

Kyp: -=looks mildly worried=-

ON WITH THE FIC!!!!

--------------------------------

Hidden Love : Chapter Seven
    By Raven Pan

"What do you mean?" Jaina frowned, tucking one leg beneath her as she peered at her uncle.

Luke shook his head, "That's not for me to tell. I've already said too much."

"But you know who they are," she pointed to the holo, "She has on a lightsabre, so she must have been a Jedi too - who are they?"

Luke was silent. He looked up as Mara entered the room, Ben on her hip. She moved over to sit in a chair nearby, but glanced at the holo. "What are you doing with a holo of Durron's wife and kids?" she asked bluntly.

Jaina's ears perked, "Wife... and kids?"

"Mara..." Luke seemed to warn.

"What?" she shrugged. "They're dead, no reason to keep 'em secret now, is there?"

"Dead?" Jaina spoke with a whisper. That seemed to explain so much.

"Oh Force, don't tell me he's still playing the lone widower," she snorted and turned from the room, the conversation no longer interesting enough to warrant her attention.

"Does Kyp know you've got this?" Luke asked her gently.

She shook her head without looking up, "No - He's.... They don't know if he'll make it."

He took in her concern with a kind smile, "Don't worry. Kyp's been a fighter as long as I've known him. He'll pull through."

"I really hope so," Jaina nodded. "I don't want to lose anyone else."

Silence reigned for a few more minutes, then... "Uncle Luke?"

"Yes?"

"Please tell me about them?"

-`-`--`-`-`--`-`-`-`

Not being able to get more information out of her uncle, Jaina slowly made her way back to Kyp's quarters to put the picture away and collect the clothing. After thinking a moment, she set it on his desk with the other still-holos, and gathered up the clothes to put them in a sack.

Slowly, she made her way to the med-bay, depositing the clothes in a locker once she'd gotten there. She moved to the waiting room, and noted with surprise that Sharr was still there. "Why're you still here?" she queried.

He shrugged, "Made a promise." When she raised a questioning brow, he shook his head.

"What is it with you people and secrets!" she said with exhasperation, throwing her hands up in the air.

They were caught and brought back down. She turned to see Jag, "Secrets?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Uhm...."

"I'm sorry I had to leave, I needed to report to General Antilles."

"It's okay," she sighed.

"Come on, you need to go get some rest," he told her, taking her elbow and guiding her reluctant form out from the med bay.

-`-`--`-`-`--`-`--`

Darkness and light created a scintilating pattern not unlike that of hyperspace. It dashed past on all sides as the lone figure looked up. Another figure approached quickly. Feminine, small, with bright blue eyes.

She wagged a finger at him, "Ah ah ah.... we're not quite ready for you yet," she winked. Then she paused as though in thought, then smiled, "Not sure when we will be."

The figure looked at her in confusion as she waved goodbye, disappearing almost as quickly as she'd come. The scintilations of hyperspace-like flight vanished, plunging the figure into pain-ridden darkness.

-`-

13. Jaya_Jade_Durron

Jaya_Jade_Durron Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2002
    Raven,
    that was so good. please please please please say that there is another postie on its way. i really can not wait to read what happens next; long live kyp and Jaina.

14. duskwings

Jan 10, 2003
    Ahh, Mara. [face_laugh] Tact? What's that? 8-}

Kyp's going to live! YIPPEE! :D But I wonder what's going to happy with him and Jaina and the wife situation. Whatever it is, though, it's going to be messy. Do I smell a love square? ;)

Great post! :D More soon?

-duskwings

15. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Another wonderful post, want more!

~~Jilly

16. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Raven-Pan: I've seen this story around the boards for a while but I've never had the chance to sit down and read until now. Wow! I was quite blown away when I read this. I've gone through the books of the NJO and I'm somewhat disgusted with the way Jaina's lovelife is going. I think Captain Cardboard is just too boring as a suitor. I was always so much more drawn to Kyp the bad boy. He's just so much more intriguing. I think the way you've written him shows quite a bit of depth of character. Poor Kyp losing a wife and two children on top of all the pain that he's had!

I can't wait to see where you take this story. I'm really enjoying this. Are you posting on a regular schedule or whenever your muse speaks?

17. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    Oh my gosh! This is so good. I must have more!

Jez

18. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Oh wow. Now that is deep. I can't wait for more. Oh, and Jag is a... I can't say that here, now can I? [face_blush]

19. Jaded Skywalker

Nov 24, 1999
    Mara really wasn't too keen on the tact there... I love tge rhetoric you employed! Looking forward to the next post from that mysterious preview we got!

20. Raven-Pan

Raven-Pan Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2003

Jaya Jade Durron : *smile* thanks :D

duskwings : hehee. love square? Your guess is as good as mine, I have NO clue where this is going :)

Jaina Durron : than more you shall have!

LadyPadme : Wow I'm glad you're enjoying this so well. It's sort of an as the muse speaks posting - as I have no clue where this is going :)

Jez_pi : oooh!!!

the jedi princess : *chuckle* no probably not ;)

Jaded Skywalker : is she ever tactful? not that I've seen :) *bounces*

A/N : I'm so glad you folks are enjoying this - and that you're reviewing! I live off reviews, they are the joy in my pitiful boring life ;)

---Hidden Love : EIGHT------

It was several days before Kyp was allowed to leave the Med-Bay, and it would be some days yet before he would be cleared for missions again. This irked him to no end, as all he really wanted right then was a good fight. He was *supposed* to have died out there, figured that fate and Force would have other ideas.

With a sigh, he donned the clothes that had been brought to him, the medics didn't say by whom, and with a nod to Sharr, who for some reason had been there - again - he headed for his small quarters.

Kyp stood in the doorway to his room in shock. There, in the centre of his desk, lay the still-holo of his family.

"I thought they'd rest more comfortably there," a voice spoke behind him.

He nearly jumped out of his skin as he whirled around to address the speaker. "Jaina!" Her name unpon his lips sounded both a curse of hurt anger, and a breath of a prayer.

"Well, they WERE your family, Kyp," she said tilting her head to look up at him as she shoved her hands in her pockets.

"What are you doing here?" his eyes almost narrowed. **Who told?**

"Heard you were out, thought I'd come by and thank you for what you did. Though it was probably the stupidest, most idiotic thing you may have done to date."

"Uh... you're welcome?"

She smiled enigmatically and brushed past him to go sit on the edge of the bed, drawing her knees up as she regarded him.

"Don't you have a boyfriend to harass right now, Goddess?"

She waved a hand, "He's busy. So, tell me about them?"

"About who?" he danced around the subject.

"Your family."

"No. I try not to think about it." With that, he moved to pick up the holo, and then went to his footlocker to lock it away.

"What are you doing?"

"Putting the holo back where it belongs."

"You're keeping your family in your footlocker? What kind of a man does that?!" She sighed, flicking a loose strand of hair behind her ear, "Tell me about them."

"No. They have no place in my life now."

"But... they were your *family*!"

"And they're dead, that is all. Don't ask me again," Kyp growled menacingly.

"They meant a lot to you, didn't they?" she asked quietly, shamed by his anger.

"Goddess, I would rather return to the depths Kessel than continue this conversation. Was there anything else you wanted?" he asked sourly.

She took a folded up piece of flimsy from her pocket and stood. She handed it to him as he left, "Thought you might want this back."

He frowned and opened it, blanching at what he saw. It was a letter he'd written, he thought he'd thrown it away weeks ago! Just as he lifted his head to ask her how she got it, the door slid shut, and she was gone.

He slammed his hand on the opener and stormed out after the small figure heading down the empty hallway. He grabbed her shoulder and spun her around, shaking the bit of flimsy in her face with his other hand. "Where did you get this, Jaya?"

She simply raised her eyebrows, "I found it."

"Where."

"On the floor."

He almost growled in response.

It was an intimidating growl, and coupled with the furor in his gaze, she capitulated. "In your room. I'm sorry," she turned her face away from him and started heading down the hall.

"You read it, didn't you."

She stopped momentarily looking back over her shoulder. The confused look in her eyes was the only response he received before she turned and disappea

21. EBrooklynW

EBrooklynW Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2003
    I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Kyp is so desperately tragic! I love it!

Jaina is so evasive it's funny:
    She simply raised her eyebrows, "I found it."

"Where."

"On the floor."

Classic

Ok I WANT MORe!!! please! I'll post more if you do! ;)

[hands over sugar-coated Kyps] its a bribe for more. ;)

:D :D :D

~EBW

22. duskwings

Jan 10, 2003
    Eep . . . well, the conversation about family didn't go too well, did it? [face_plain] And Jaina still can't figure out what to do with the fact that Kyp is hopelessly in love with her . . . fun.

Nice post. I liked the mix of humor and drama.

-duskwings

23. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Another wonderful post. Poor Kyp and Jaina is so clueless when it comes to him. She needs to show him she loves him too.

~~Jilly

24. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

YOU STOPPED THERE???

C'mon! What happens next! Don't make us wait too long!

25. padme-96

padme-96 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    i am so reading this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.