main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hidden Musical Pieces in Star Wars Music

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by jgarver359, May 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgarver359

jgarver359 Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2002
    I am curious to see if anyone else has spotted other musical pieces in Star Wars.

Mine is a Star Wars piece hidden in a Star Wars Piece. If you slow down the celebration in Episode I, you will hear the Emperor's Theme. Has anyone else noticed this, and are there many others, if so please tell me about them

2. Rupert_Pupkin

Rupert_Pupkin Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2002
    The celebration of Episode 1 is the Imperial March.

3. MoffJake

MoffJake Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2001
    Uhm, no Rupert. You're wrong. The Emperor's theme is in the celebration at the end of TPM (Auggie's Great Municipal Band). Go listen again and pay attention, mmkay? :)

4. Darth_Silenous

Darth_Silenous Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    umm, yeah. It's the Emperor's theme.

5. Fat_Fett

Fat_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2001
    Is the Emperor's theme at the end of TPM just transposed from William's "Sith" key to a major key?

I also believe I heard the Wicked Witch of the West theme played for Count Dooku's escape.......

6. Darth_Silenous

Darth_Silenous Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Rupert, sorry I was so blunt earlier. Maybe IM is there--though when I hear it I certainly have only heard the Emperor's theme.

So...where did you hear IM?

Oh, and Fat_Fett, I believe that is correct...the intervals are practically the same, except that everything sounds happy...very clever move.

7. DamastaLukeSkywalker

DamastaLukeSkywalker Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2001
    Yeah, if you listen to Anakin's theme you can here a reminisence of the Vader Theme. It not there long and is shorter but it is great!

8. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Across the Stars is the Main Theme inverted in some sort or another.

9. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Yes, beautiful, isn't it? :)

10. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    On the AOTC soundtrack, you can hear Kimball's theme. Quite a rousing piece... short, but it's there. Listen for it.

11. Fat_Fett

Fat_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2001
    Yea, I told my band instructor about the whole ATS and main theme inversion so I could earn some brownie points. :D

Can anyone verify the "Wicked Witch of the West" theme during Dooku's escape? I got some tracks from the Wizard of Oz and none of them sound like the music played during Dooku's escape.

12. The power's back!

The power's back! Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 1999
    I think it's just that the Kamino motif that accompanies Dooku's escape sort of sounds similar to the Wicked Witch music. It's the same music that plays during the flyover shots of Kamino. But it does make me smile to imagine Dooku and his speeder passing Dorothy's window in the Tornado. ;-)

13. StarTours45

StarTours45 Jedi Master

Aug 5, 1999
    I think it is Disc 1 of ESB track number 12. During the music of Luke's training with Yoda there is a quick Duel of the Fates tune. I read this on the boards a few years back and its actually a neat thing to catch.

14. DamastaLukeSkywalker

Sep 4, 2001
    Which Empire Strikes Back soundtrack was that? We own a few around here actually. I mean the exact title, company that made it.

15. StarTours45

StarTours45 Jedi Master

Aug 5, 1999
    The ESB Special Edition that came out in 1997. Specifically, the one that came with a hardcover booklet. The disc itself is completely silver with the Imperial symbol covering the disc. I dont know the track name, but its track 12, the last one on the disc.

16. DamastaLukeSkywalker

Sep 4, 2001
    Thanks. I'll look for it.

17. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    And I thought that the Emperors theme at the end of TPM (the celebration bit) was just in my mind....

A non-SW fan friend who saw (and loved)AOTC mentioned the "wicked witch of the west" theme to me too - I humoured her 'cause I thought that it was a bit far-fetched but if others have noticed it, well, perhaps she was right after all.

I personally love the little interlude right at the end of the credits on the AOTC album, where there's a transition from (I think) ATS to Anakins theme with the Imperial March in a deep, deep bass barely heard before the harps strike in.

18. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    this is old, i knew about that before the movie even came out... where have you been?

19. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Hiding under a rock (aka spoiler-free!)

20. Megadarth

Megadarth Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 1999
    It's kinda cool when Johnny Bill throws in Yoda's theme for no reason sometimes, like when Luke is creeping around the halls of Bespin before he finds Vader in the freezing room, and also when Anikan is hopping about the droid assembly line in AOTC.

Oh yeah, and how Vader's theme is played on the solo piccolo at the very beginning of Empire as the probe droids are launched off.

21. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    ESB disc 1 track 11 "The Training of a Jedi Knight - The Magic Tree"

At 0:21, you can hear the DotF theme on the clarinet

22. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    That piccolo solo at the beginning of ESB I never heard before. I discovered it a few weeks ago.

I also discovered that the theme used when Lando clears the exploding Death Star in ROTJ is actually Luke and Leia's theme.

And just a side note, I heard somewhere that the ewok celebration from ROTJ SE is really Shmi's theme. Is this true? I can kinda hear it...but something is missing.

23. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    As to if it's Shmi's theme.... It's not.

Just listen to them side-by-side, you can tell they're different.

Besides, what's wrong with having completely new music for an ending celebration? :confused:

24. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    ESB disc 1 track 11 "The Training of a Jedi Knight - The Magic Tree"

At 0:21, you can hear the DotF theme on the clarinet

I don't think that's DotF... it is just a similar structure. Definately not on purpose.

25. jgarver359

jgarver359 Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2002
    Keep the string alive

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.