main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Hidden (sequel to Ordeal) JA *completed 4/6*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ginger_Jedi, Mar 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    One Apprentice, One Pathway 3: Hidden

Summary: Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan find something that does not want to be found

Time Frame: Obi is 15 in this story

Rating: PG (possibly PG-13 in later chapters)

Spoilers: Previous stories in the series

Archive: If I?ve already given you permission, take it. If I haven?t, drop me a message at ginger_ninja85@yahoo.co.uk

Disclaimer: All recognisable characters belong to George Lucas. Everyone else is mine :)

Author?s Note: This was my first Star Wars fic that I posted over two years ago. Since then it?s become part of an on-going series so I have decided to go back and edit it so it fits with the earlier stories and to get rid of some truly awful grammatical errors [face_blush]

I shall be updating this every other day hopefully so you won?t have to wait long until it?s completed J

Order of stories so far:

(Prologues: Comforted By The Innocent and A Ghost Walks the Halls)
    Brewing
    Ordeal
    Hidden
    Twisted
    Changeover (WIP)

Hidden Part One

Obi-Wan Kenobi engaged the ship?s hyper-drive and allowed himself a sigh of relief. Along with his Master Qui-Gon Jinn and another Master/Padawan pair, Lena and her apprentice Kyrana, he had spent over a month on the most boring planet in the galaxy sitting through the most boring bio-weapons negotiations of all time! Why it took so long was beyond him. Obi-Wan simply wasn?t used to long, boring missions. In the past year or so he had been through a hostile takeover of the Jedi Temple and survived having his memory purposefully erased by the Jedi Council for some reason or another ? Obi-Wan still wasn?t entirely sure what Yoda?s reasoning had been for Obi-Wan to endure such an ordeal. Obi-Wan was now back on his way to Coruscant to the Jedi Temple and would hopefully be assigned to something slightly less mind numbing and nothing quite as terrifying as recent times. He suppressed another sigh as his Master entered the cockpit.

?Is everything all right Obi-Wan?? Qui-Gon inquired.

?Yes Master,? Obi-Wan replied.

?When can we expect to land on Coruscant??

Obi-Wan checked a few readouts. ?Same amount of time as it took to get here Master,? Obi-Wan said. ?Two weeks.?

Qui-Gon nodded and sat down in silence. Not that Obi-Wan expected anything more from his Master. That simply wouldn?t be Qui-Gon like ? he was a man of few words most of the time but Obi-Wan wasn?t bothered by that. Rather someone who spoke when speaking was required rather than someone who never knew when to shut up.

Presently Qui-Gon sent Obi-Wan to fetch Master Lena. He didn?t mention why but Obi-Wan sensed discomfort within his Master. Obi-Wan couldn?t feel anything particularly wrong but upon sensing his Master?s emotions and then seeing Master Lena?s uneasiness when he found her, he was certain something was up.

Master Lena was a tall, muscular woman with dark skin and thick, lengthy black hair that was restrained in a tight bun. Obi-Wan knew she was from a human/feline hybrid species because while her slim, curvaceous body was like that of a human, her eyes, nose and ears were like those of a feline. Plus she had a tail, which twitched underneath her cloak ? an extra limb that had amused Obi-Wan no end when he had first realised what it was.

?Hey, do you know what?s wrong?? Kyrana asked in a quiet voice.

Kyrana was Master Lena?s Padawan, a girl Obi-Wan had been casual friends with for a while now. She was a human girl with waist length braided red hair. Obi-Wan?s hair had a ginger tint that was visible in brightly lit areas but Kyrana?s hair was a deep dark red that was obvious anytime, anywhere. Her Padawan braid rested lightly on her shoulder. She had dark green/blue eyes that were perhaps her most beautiful feature, Obi-Wan often thought. She wasn?t a tall person and her small frame and large eyes made her look a lot younger than her fifteen years of age.

/Makes her look cute too/ Obi-Wan thought and felt a little heat on his

2. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    [face_shocked] Wow. That, that was powerful! I wonder what will happen now! And I hope Obi and that girl (to lazy to remember name) are really actually stunned, and not killed/hurt too bad. I like how the padawans just went without arguement. :D Good job so far, can't wait to see more!

3. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    Ohhh... I love this story! :D I'm glad you're posting it again!

Lena and Kyrana are great - I'm really looking forward to reading this again in it's edited form! :)

4. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Change of plan :D For the first time since September I have NO homework to do! :eek:

So I shall update again today ;)

Jess: Thanks for reading :D I hope you enjoy this post as much as the first :)

Laura: Trust me sis, this version should read A LOT better than the original. Some of the mistakes were really silly...

Hidden Part Two

?I have come to apologise. It seems you have been treated most disrespectfully. I hope I can offer you some answers to any questions you have.?

Qui-Gon turned to look at Lena. She too wanted answers. The strange being in front of them, who had earlier introduced himself as Moeren, seemed to be the only one able to give the Jedi the answers they sought. Moeren was of a species unfamiliar to both Jedi. His skin was an odd shade of green that seemed to change shades as he moved. His eyes were brown ovals and he had to small circular nasal slits. He did not have a mouth. His words were Force projected and Qui-Gon and Lena found this most intriguing because this person was otherwise not Force-sensitive. Moeren?s upper torso was not too unlike that of a human. It consisted of a chest and two long, withered arms that looked as though they would snap under very light pressure. But that was where the similarities ended. Moeren?s body was supported by a set of tentacles. In the midst of these tentacles, there were two legs but they were too short to touch the ground. He didn?t stand very high but he still carried an air of importance.

?Is it true you had two children with you?? Moeren enquired, his deep voice seeming to echo in the Jedi?s minds.

?Yes we did.? Qui-Gon said, sounding utterly calm despite the rush of worrisome emotions he was smothering within himself because of his missing apprentice. ?Where are they? Where are we??

?I take it that seeing as you are unsure of your whereabouts, that you are unfamiliar with the ways of our world,? Moeren said instead of answer Qui-Gon?s question.

Qui-Gon answered with a simple: ?Yes.?

Moeren cleared his throat. ?On our planet children are not?accepted in society. We conceive them but as soon as they are born, they are put out of our way until they come of age.?

?Where are they ?put??? Lena asked, her voice gently inquisitive and not betraying the worry she held for her missing Padawan.

?Out at sea on ships. There are adults there to take care of them but they tend to be the Misfits of society,? Moeren explained.

??Misfits??? Qui-Gon echoed.

Moeren frowned momentarily and then laughed. ?I see this is going to take quite a while to explain this to you. Perhaps you would care for some refreshments??

Qui-Gon and Lena graciously accepted and followed Moeren out of the stuffy little room where they had awoken and into large, elaborately decorated halls.

?This is my personal residence,? Moeren explained. ?As ruler of Elmvanis I apparently have need for such a large house,? he added with a chuckle.

Qui-Gon and Lena were taken down a large hall that was furnished with fine works of art depicting landscapes that could probably be found in the vicinity of the house, various pieces of magnificently carved furniture of deep golden brown wood, ceiling to floor windows that allowed natural light to stream in and a intricately patterned plush, dark coloured carpet. The sheer extravagance of it boasted wealth and prosperity. Qui-Gon wondered what the other end of the economic scale was like.

Meanwhile, Moeren was explaining in some detail about the mix of styles in his ?humble? abode. ?In this saloon the style is mainly that of regency Elmvanis. The banqueting room is in a slightly more classical style, the kitchen is rather modern but plain. I will arrange a tour for you later if you wish. Anything to make up for your harsh treatment.?

Moeren led them into a small lounge that held an unlit fireplace, a large table and some rather comfortable looking body conforming chairs. Moeren motioned to the Jedi to sit in them while he settled himself down on a large collect

5. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    You are trying to make me cry at work, arent you? I knew I shouldnt have read this while sitting at my desk. Sniff. So sad.

Obi

6. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    [face_shocked] Hey, I was only two posts behind this time!!

Maybe I can keep track of this one 8-} .....

And Obi's so cute when he's just starting to notice girls isn't he? [face_love] Course, he's always cute...Specially the grown up version [face_mischief]

Looking forward to reading the edited version Ginger !

7. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    She's out to make us cry I tell you!! Great posts Ginger, really well written. Just pray I don't bawl and cause my keyboard to chort circuit

MORE!

8. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Thanks for reading guys :D

Obi: Well...I wasn't aiming to make you cry... :p

M: And Obi's so cute when he's just starting to notice girls isn't he? :D Isn't he just? ;)

Arwen: You were crying too? Perhaps you and Obi ought to both have tissues and waterproof keyboards for the duration of the story... ;)

Anyway, onwards!

Hidden Part Three

It was midnight and the crew was now sleeping so it was safe for the Captain to conduct his shady business deal. He silently slithered to his office cabin, entered and locked the door. He sat on a stool by his desk and on a small keypad hidden within a draw, he punched a short, memorised code. Behind him there was the creak of old cogs moving and the huge map of the oceans of Elmvanis sunk down and revealed a state of the art com system. Connecting the headset to a chip in his ear that allowed him to be heard over the transmitter, he contacted his Sectioned business partner. When the call was answered, the pair got straight to business.

?Do you have the two humans on board?? The voice was synthesised in order to protect the speaker?s identity.

?Yes sir,? the Captain spoke with respect, despite his dislike for those who were Sectioned.

?And have you planted the chip in one of them??

?Indeed sir I have.?

?Which one??

?The boy sir.?

?And the girl??

?Do not worry about her sir,? the Captain said, a leer twisting his features and colouring his tone. ?I have my plans.?

?Good, keep me informed. Contact me at this time tomorrow.?

?Of course sir.?

The call was ended and the Captain removed the headset and the sea chart shot up out of nowhere and hid the com system from view. He sat back on his stool, deep in thought. He couldn?t help but wonder why this Sectioned man had sought him out and given him two teenage humans. And on top of that, they were Jedi! He knew that things in the Sectioned world were changing and that it was quite possibly a good thing for the Misfits of society. But that still didn?t explain all this. The Captain wanted answers but it was not his place to question his associate. At least, not yet.

The Captain left his office shortly and returned to his cabin, blissfully unaware of the things that were to come.

Obi-Wan woke up shortly before dawn. He found Kyrana snuggled up close to him. Not wanting to disturb her, he kept all movement to a minimum. His thoughts inevitably went back to the previous night?s events. He flushed with shame as he thought of the tears he had so freely wept. What had come over him?

But for some reason, Obi-Wan still felt lost and alone. He didn?t even attempt to contact Qui-Gon because he knew deep in his heart that, no matter how much he wished it wasn?t so, Qui-Gon was gone. That realisation brought more tears to the teen?s eyes but he blinked them back fiercely. He was not a child and he did refused to act like one!

Beside him, Kyrana suddenly awoke. She sat bolt right up and looked around the cabin. Obi-Wan could clearly see the look of alarm on her usually bright face.

?Kyrana what?s up?? Obi-Wan asked.

She turned to him and her features relaxed a little. Taking Obi-Wan completely by surprise, she threw her arms around him. ?Oh thank the Force!? she cried.

Obi-Wan was a little taken aback by this show of affection. When he spoke, his words were a little jumpy. ?W, what is it K,Kyrana??

She let go and sat back. ?I had a terrible dream,? she said quietly. ?I saw you dead and it was all my fault.?

Obi-Wan smiled slightly but he did not feel particularly happy. ?Well, here I am, alive and kicking.?

Kyrana hooked her braid behind her ear and shyly looked up at Obi-Wan. ?Yeah,? she said softly. ?There you are. Are you okay now??

Obi-Wan looked at her and his cheeks warmed up a little. Whatever he wanted to say was lost as the door was unlocked and the guards came in. Getting up together, they followed the grey Elmvanian guards onto the deck where they immediately fell into line

9. Siri_Kuimini

Siri_Kuimini Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2003
    *deja vu* I'm sure I've read this before...but please post the rest!

10. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Siri: I have this posted at fanfiction.net too :) I'm just posting an updated version.

Thanks for reading!

Hidden: Part Four

Qui-Gon and Lena sat on the patio sipping drinks. Lena turned to Qui-Gon. ?I think we should try and meet some of the other rulers on this planet. So far we have only spoken to Moeren. Perhaps the others will be slightly more open about the ways of Elmvanis.?

Qui-Gon nodded. ?I am forced to agree. Moeren has been most gracious in taking us in like this but we have very little news about our Padawans. Have you had any more luck with Kyrana??

Lena shook her head. ?The only thing I know for sure is that she?s on this planet. What about Obi-Wan??

Qui-Gon?s face remained the same but inside his heart sank. Obi-Wan was no longer a constant presence in Qui-Gon?s mind. His lifeforce came and went. Out loud Qui-Gon said, ?No, I haven?t found Obi-Wan through our bond.?

But Lena knew Qui-Gon was miserable. Any Jedi, from the highest master to the lowest initiate, would be able to sense this. She knew and understood the bond between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan but could only imagine the pain one must feel when that bond began to ebb slowly away.

Both Jedi looked up simultaneously to see Moeren approach. They greeted him politely and then asked if they could visit other sections. Qui-Gon and Lena shared a glance when Moeren reacted with more surprise than was really necessary for such a request.

?Well?I?erm?I suppose it can be arranged,? he said rather hesitantly.

?Please, if you can,? Lena said, her calm voice not betraying anything ? the perfect Jedi. ?We are most worried about Kyrana and Obi-Wan and any leads we can find would be most welcome.?

Moeren looked at Qui-Gon. ?Are you sure about this too Master Jedi?? he asked, as if only Qui-Gon?s word would satisfy him.

?Without a doubt Moeren,? Qui-Gon replied without blinking.

Moeren?s sigh seemed rather long and drawn out as it echoed in the Jedi?s minds. ?I shall return soon with the arrangements.? And with that the troubled Elmvanian left.

?I sense something is amiss with him,? Lena said as soon as Moeren was out of earshot. ?However I cannot place it. Something about all of this isn?t right.?

Qui-Gon agreed. ?We must be careful what we say and do around him I think. It could get dangerous.? He looked around the garden as if searching out spies. ?We have allowed ourselves to relax too much and haven?t considered the idea that Moeren may be??

But whatever Qui-Gon had to say remained unsaid as a female Elmvanian approached the two. ?Please come with me,? she said quietly, almost fearfully. ?Something terrible has happened.?

The two Jedi got up straight away and followed the woman to Moeren?s office. When they arrived they saw that the office was in terrible state. The desk and chairs had been thrown across the room, many of the books had been slashed and there was a strange green substance in small puddles on the ground. The door had been ripped off its hinges and the window had a large spider web crack branching out from the centre where someone had possibly tried to smash through the window.

?Where is Moeren?? Qui-Gon asked. ?Was he injured? Is this his blood??

The maid looked at the Jedi, her voice quaking as she mumbled, ?Master Moeren has been abducted. In fact, all the Section Rulers have been taken.?

?Who by?? Lena asked.

?Misfits,? the Maid replied, her voice quivering with rage.

It seemed luck was on Obi-Wan and Kyrana?s side. After awakening from the previous night?s ordeal, they had discovered that it was already well into the working day yet no one had come for them.

?We should use this opportunity as a time to plan our escape,? Kyrana said, her eyes shining with determination.

Obi-Wan nodded. It seemed that the two apprentices would have to rely on each other instead of their Master?s. /Former Master,/ Obi-Wan reminded himself remorsefully. /Qui-Gon has gone./

Kyrana felt Obi-Wan?s depression return and, although

11. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    What and ending to that post...hanging for dear life on a cliffie

*clings on tighter*

More soon Ginger!!

12. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    Ginger , you realize your one of the few writers who can actually almost make me cry right? The part with the babies brought tears to my eyes!

And I'm sure I've told you this before: But cliffhangers AREN'T nice!!

Post soon!

13. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Arwen: *throws a rope* There ya go ;)

M: [face_blush] Thanks and sorry about the cliffie ;)

Hope this new post isn't so bad ;)

Hidden: Part Five

Qui-Gon and Lena followed the Vices? to the Combined Military Hanger. In an astoundingly short space of time, the three Vice Rulers, or Yashan at least, had thrown together an attack plan that was a little too rushed and very careless in both Jedi Masters? opinions. Basically, the Sectioned Army would go aboard a Misfit ship, search for their Rulers and then if they found the Rulers, the ship and all onboard would be destroyed. Anyone thought to be withholding information on ships that weren?t carrying the Ruler?s would also suffer.

To Qui-Gon and Lena, it was just a thoughtless excuse to vent pent up emotion on innocent people. At least, that?s how Yashan?s opinion came across. Shirai and Frea seemed only to want to get their respective Section Ruler back. If only they would stand up against Yashan. That way bloodshed would be prevented.

And of course, they were worried that their Padawans would be caught in the crossfire ? something neither Jedi wanted to have to experience.

As they waited for the three Vices? to brief the soldiers, Qui-Gon and Lena attempted to contact their apprentices. Both were met with a void. Both knew that time grew shorter as the hours wore on.

When the Vices? emerged from the briefing room, they explained that the Jedi would be accompanying them on their speeder.

?Perhaps you?d be willing to give us some pointers here and there,? Yashan said as the speeder took them to the nearest harbour. ?After all, it is the Misfits who have your apprentices?.?

?We will serve justice where we feel necessary,? Qui-Gon replied. ?We will not kill innocents.?

?I will not allow anyone to escape from me! There is no such thing as an innocent Misfit,? Yashan sneered. ?If not for them, our planet would be clean.?

?Is that how you see the Misfits Yashan?? Frea asked. ?As unclean beings that have no right to live when in truth they are only guilty of life? Don?t you think that they deserve a chance too? Or are you and your Section afraid of them? Perhaps you are afraid of the other Sections as well.?

Yashan said nothing; his livid expression said it all.

?There is no time to argue now,? Lena said quietly but firmly. ?We have a mission to accomplish.?

?Exactly,? Yashan said smugly, thinking he had a Jedi on his side.

?We will not harm anyone unnecessarily. We?ll accomplish little by doing that and by doing so you could spark off something you are not prepared to deal with,? Lena added, setting Yashan right on a few things.

?Hmph, women!? Yashan muttered. ?You are all the same! Weak and full of nice little dreams of fluffy things like global peace. You make me sick! Men on the other hand know what we must do.?

?Then take it from me,? Qui-Gon said, his disgust at Yashan completely disguised by the coolness in his voice. ?By attacking the Misfits needlessly you may start a war.?

Yashan said nothing. He merely glared at Qui-Gon, who gazed back serenely.

A soldier spoke up from the front of the speeder. ?Sir we are about to arrive at the harbour.?

?Thank you soldier,? Yashan said.

Without speaking, Qui-Gon warned Lena. //Remember we are here for our Padawans, not to get involved in a civil war.//

Lena gave a slight nod. //Indeed. Kyrana?s safety comes above all else.//

//As does Obi-Wan?s.//

When consciousness returned to Obi-Wan the first thing he was aware of was pain. His entire body throbbed and ached from the pounding he had taken from the guards earlier. Slowly opening his eyes, he found himself in a cabin much like the one he had awoken in when he had met the Section Rulers. This time though, there were no rulers. But what about Kyrana?

?Kyrana?? Obi-Wan?s voice was hoarse.

?I?m here.? The girl?s voice was quiet. ?A-are you okay n-now??

Obi-Wan slowly levered himself in to a sitting position. He was surprised that Kyra

14. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    [face_shocked]

[face_shocked]

[face_shocked]

[face_shocked]

Into the sea!!!! *falls off cliff and clutches the rope Ginger left earlier*

Post soon!!1 Please!!!

15. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    *sees Arwen* Gee I lose so many readers that way...

:p

Thanks for reading and here's the update. Only one post to go after this :D

Hidden: Part Six

Ignoring the searing pain in his chest, Obi-Wan swam towards Kyrana. Grabbing her round the waist, he swam upwards. When they broke the surface, Obi-Wan took in as much air as his painful chest would allow.

?Kyrana! Kyrana wake up!? Obi-Wan shook the girl gently; not wanting to damage her blaster wound any further. ?Come on Kyrana! Can you hear me??

The girl mumbled something and slowly opened her eyes. ?NO GET OFF ME!!!? she screamed and started thrashing around. ?Let me go! Please! Please STOP IT!?

Obi-Wan managed to hold on to Kyrana. ?Kyrana sshh, it?s okay. It?s me, Obi-Wan. I?m not going to hurt you. Just take it easy.?

Slowly the thrashing girl calmed down. She relaxed enough to realise she was injured. ?We?re in trouble aren?t we?? Kyrana said in a quiet voice.

?Well, maybe just a little,? Obi-Wan said, trying to keep the mood light despite the fact they were floating in the ocean, getting further and further away from the ship, the weather was getting progressively worse and the pair of them were injured. If their Master?s didn?t arrive soon?

?We?ll be fine.?

Obi-Wan?s grip on Kyrana tightened as he heard her exhausted voice. She wasn?t going to last long in these conditions and with the increasing pain Obi-Wan had with each breath, he knew he was in trouble too.

?You?re right Kyrana. We?re going to be fine. And you want to know why??

?Why??

?Because we?re going to help each other alright? You have to promise that you?ll help me and I?ll help you.?

There was a brief pause. Then: ?I promise.?

Obi-Wan gave Kyrana a squeeze, making sure he was careful of her wound. It was definitely serious; Obi-Wan could see the blood. He pressed his hand to the wound. Kyrana hissed in pain. Obi-Wan muttered a ?sorry? but didn?t remove his hand.

Together the pair used the Force to keep themselves buoyant. It was one of many survival at sea techniques they had been taught as initiates in the Temple.

Sparing enough concentration, Obi-Wan contacted Qui-Gon through their Master/Padawan bond. //Master?//

The weather was growing worse as the two Jedi Master?s went on. Both Qui-Gon and Lena had pulled their hoods up to keep the rain out of their faces but the wind drove the rain into their eyes relentlessly. They found themselves relying more and more on the Force to act as their eyes.

//Master?//

Qui-Gon answered immediately. //Obi-Wan what is it?// Over their bond, Qui-Gon sensed Obi-Wan?s apprehension and mild desperation.

//Master, Kyrana and I were thrown off the ship. We?re in the water. I don?t know how much longer we?re going to be able to stay afloat. Kyrana?s been shot and I think I?ve broken a rib or two.//

//Obi-Wan you must hold on.//

//I know. Master? I just remembered something! The Section Rulers Tonir and Suo were taken away from the ship on another ship.//

//Don?t worry, we?ll deal with that later. Just hang on, Master Lena and I are almost there.//

?Obi-Wan?? Kyrana spoke up quietly.

?Yes Kyrana?? Obi-Wan said, coming back to reality quickly.

?I-I want to-to tell you something, just in case I don?t?in case I??

?It?s going to be alright Kyrana, you can tell me anything you want to,? Obi-Wan said. ?I may not be a woman but that doesn?t matter.?

Kyrana?s body had begun to shiver and Obi-Wan knew it wasn?t just because of what she was going to say. The water was cold and with the rain it was even worse. Hypothermia wouldn?t be too far off.

Using all the Force he could summon, Obi-Wan focused on keeping himself and Kyrana floating. Kyrana had recently stopped contributing to their floating and Obi-Wan took all the strain. He ignored his pain and kept his breathing slow and measured. He was determined to keep them both alive.

?They raped me.?

The words were spoken so softly it took Obi-Wan a moment to acknowledg

16. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    awe!!!! They are safe!!!

nice post ginger!!! I'll be here waiting for the next post

17. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Arwen: Yup, a happy ending ;)

Hidden: Part Seven (End)

Obi-Wan slowly opened his eyes. For the first time in a very long time, he was dry and warm and it felt so good. He didn?t particularly want to wake up but something told him it was time to greet the world.

?Obi-Wan? Are you awake??

The voice prompted Obi-Wan to open his eyes fully. He was lying on his side, on a very comfortable bed in a small, well lit room and was face to face with a very relieved yet tired looking Qui-Gon.

?How are you feeling??

Obi-Wan thought about it for a moment before answering his Master. His chest ached but not nearly as badly as it had been, he was nice and warm and very sleepy. ?I?m okay,? he settled on saying.

Qui-Gon sat on the edge of Obi-Wan?s bed and placed his large hand over Obi-Wan?s smaller hands. ?I?m so very glad,? Qui-Gon said. ?You?ve been asleep for two days you know. It?s about time you woke up.?

?Two days?? Obi-Wan echoed.

?Yes Padawan, two days. You were in a bacta tank for one of those and the other you were just being your usual, sleepy self,? Qui-Gon said, smiling at Obi-Wan?s surprised look.

Qui-Gon helped Obi-Wan sit up. ?How?s Kyrana?? Obi-Wan asked once he was sitting up comfortably, leaning on his Master slightly, more for reassurance that this wasn?t a dream rather than needing support to sit.

?She?s still asleep but she?ll be fine,? Qui-Gon assured. ?Master Lena has been very worried about her. Do you know what happened??

?I do,? Obi-Wan said a little hesitantly. ?But I don?t think it?s up to me to tell you or Master Lena.? Obi-Wan looked at Qui-Gon. ?I hope you don?t mind.?

?Of course not,? Qui-Gon said, smiling. ?I?m sure Kyrana will tell us when she is good and ready.?

Obi-Wan smiled back but halfway through the smile, he began to yawn. He snuggled a little closer to Qui-Gon and closed his eyes.

?I guess the Council must be wondering where we are,? Obi-Wan muttered sleepily.

?Oh don?t worry about them, Master Lena and I took care of it,? Qui-Gon replied. ?I must say, the report for this mission will need some contribution from you.?

?Sure, whatever,? Obi-Wan said with a yawn, too tired to disagree.

?Okay, who are you and what have you done with the real Obi-Wan Kenobi?? Qui-Gon said jokingly. ?Are you sure you?re fine Padawan? It?s most unlike you to just agree to helping me write mission reports like that.?

?I?m just saying that for effect. I assure you Master I have absolutely no intention of giving in that easily. Now do you think you could stop going on for just a minute so I could get some sleep??

?I hope I?m not interrupting anything.?

Repressing a sigh and opening one eye, Obi-Wan saw Master Lena standing at the doorway. She was holding a cup of coffee in one hand and her other rested lightly on one hip. Her tail swung gently behind her.

?Of course not Lena,? Qui-Gon replied. ?How is Kyrana doing??

?Oh, well she?s??

The cup of coffee in Lena?s hand suddenly dropped to the floor and shattered to pieces, startling Obi-Wan out of his doze. Lena?s face held an expression of panic but her eyes were distant.

?Lena?? Qui-Gon called to the spaced out Master.

Lena shook her head and blinked. ?I?m sorry,? she said, turning her eyes to Qui-Gon. ?I must get to Kyrana. I?? she looked at the smashed cup on the floor. Indicating at it she looked back at Qui-Gon. ?Could you???

?Yes, I?ll sort it out. Now go to Kyrana. She obviously needs you,? Qui-Gon said

Lena dashed out without another word. Using the Force, Qui-Gon soon cleaned up the mess without leaving Obi-Wan?s side.

?I wonder what?s wrong with Kyrana,? Obi-Wan mused aloud without opening his eyes. ?I hope she?s not too sick.?

?I?m sure she?ll be alright,? Qui-Gon said. ?But for now Obi-Wan just worry about yourself. Get some more sleep.?

?Yes Master,? Obi-Wan replied and fell asleep once again in Qui-Gon?s arms.

The nearer Lena got to Kyrana?s room, the louder her Padawan?s screams seemed to get. When she

18. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    So much for keeping up this time... 8-}

LOL, she met her future Master by pulling her tail! [face_laugh] Now, that's classic!

And do I sense young love in the future Ginger ? ;)

Now, where'd the next story? :D I promise I'll try harder to keep up next time! :D

19. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    M: So much for keeping up this time...

LOL! Yup I think you missed a post or two :p

Hmm well I'm on holiday for 2 weeks starting this Friday so it shouldn't take me too long to get Twisted posted :)

Thanks for reading :D *hugs*

20. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    *standing O*

Great show Ginger!! Nice ending and everything, bravo bravo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.