main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hiding Evidence, or Thin-Skinned Administrators

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Senator Dzrekpo Amegnran, Aug 23, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Knight Seyrah

Jedi Knight Seyrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 1, 1999
    I'm sorry Lord Chewy, were YOU just complaining about Padme Bra's lack of tact? That takes a lot of nerve.

2. Lord Chewy

Lord Chewy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 1999
    I'm trying to pacify you guys any way I can. please try to get over yourself.

3. Crystena77

Crystena77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 1999
    IronParrot didn't demote ya'll and make us all admins. He just bucked a decision he felt was ethically wrong. I think he should stay an admin.

4. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Originally posted by Lord Chewy:

"Their [Padme Bra and epic's] behavior is selfish and manipulative."

Obviously this quote is referring to this, and my previous thread. I challenge you to find anything I've said in both threads that match that description of my behaviour. [and Padme Bra's, too]

The truth is, I have been, and probably always will be labelled as an "Admin-wannabe/only causing "trouble" because I wasn't promoted" from the current Admins, because of actions I will explain. The sad thing is my actions in these threads are NOT related to any non-promotion. The truth is, they ARE because I care for this place. Nothing more. If you choose not to believe that, well, so be it. But it IS the truth. I have also been told my actions here have harmed any possible promotion in the future, and if that is indeed true, then I don't care in the slightest. I would rather speakk my mind as a MEMBER than be silient and be an ADMIN. My freedom of speech is far more important to me than a promotion.

The reason I have been labelled as an "Admin wannabe" is because I enquired to LC and PB, *before* any of this happened, and asked why, depsite many threads on the subject and the majority of support from the members, I hadn't ever been considered. I also talked to DL about it.

That's it.

It's not like I went around them all "begging" to be an Admin, Far from it. I was simply raising an enquiry. I wanted to know if it was actions on my behalf, or too many other obligations to other boards, etc. I refute any suggestion that I've been going around all the Admins begging for a promotion.

Thus, I also refute any suggestion my actions in this incident have been caused by jealousy over a non-promotion or anything of the like. HONESTLY, it doesn't mean THAT much to me. I was told that my actions here have had a detrimental effect oon my future chances, however, I honestly don't regret anything I have said or done. If others have thought I've acted maliciously or selfishly, well, that's you own opinion, but I do state that they haven't been my intentions in the slightest. To make gross generalisations like that is wrong.

For the record, I support Lord Chewy in her recommendation for YTAP. If he's avalable, then I would FAR rather he be returned as Admin before anyone else, including myself. Surely if I was so hell-bent on a promotion I would not suggest that.

And finally, concerning this thread, this, and the previous thread, are NOT just about Lord Chewy, and her actions. While they may have started out like that, htye have developed into something far more. I hope the Admins can see, from the member reaction here, that communication between Admins and Members MUST continue at the highest regard. It is essential. The process of these threads have really shown who 1)cares for what the members think 2)don't care and 3)don't care about the situation at all.

This has gone on for a long time. Perhaps for a lot of members LC's demotion will suffice them, but personally, I would rather have the entire Admin team note that communication and interaction between yourselves and the members has to be of the utmost importance. That our suggestions aren't to be blown off, that we aren't all just wanting to cause trouble; but wanting to help the JC.

If this is realised, I will be happy.

5. To live is to Jedi

To live is to Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Jun 6, 1999
    If all else fails, you could always ban him as Preacherboy.

6. Lord Chewy

May 14, 1999
    What makes a man turn neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality??

I think I explained myself fully. I'm not going to get into another arguement with you all. You can go ahead and show your immaturity on the situation as TLITJ has demonstrated. (especially since he should know that admins don't have that power)

I resigned in order to stop all this, and that's what I want. I'm practically begging you guys. You put so much stress on the admins with the way you handle things. Just consider my suggestions. I'm just trying to look out for the JC as a whole. The admins are not excluded from that.

7. Princess HAL9000

Princess HAL9000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 1999
  8. yodaman

yodaman Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 26, 1999
    Lord Chewy, you're not behaving any better than you claimed Padme Bra was. I do like you but sometimes you don't always do what's.....tactful.

9. Lord Chewy

May 14, 1999
    please don't jump off the point in order to attack me. I'm trying to change things here. I'd really appreciate it if you would put some effort into it.

10. Fingolfin

Fingolfin Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 1999
    "You can go ahead and show your immaturity on the situation as TLITJ has demonstrated."

Well, I agree, that was a rather inane statement for him to make. However, the vast majority of the posters have not acted at all like that, so it's rather unfair of you to characterize "us" all as such.

11. To live is to Jedi

Jun 6, 1999
    What's immature/inane about that? I'm still concerned about members taking over administrator's passwords. But that's a subject for another day...

12. Le-Skippo

Le-Skippo Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2000
    "Hey pot!"

"Yo, kettle!"

Funny, but this same argument seems to have happened before, on multiple occasions. Nothing has yet happened. I'm curious if anything ever will.

13. yodaman

Feb 26, 1999
    Well, you did try to get in some shots there too, Lord Chewy. You have to admit that. But you're right. This discussion is becoming pointless. Let's wait until all the admins can get together and straighten out the facts. Then we'll know what's really going on.

14. Fingolfin

Oct 30, 1999
    "please don't jump off the point in order to attack me. I'm trying to change things here. I'd really appreciate it if you would put some effort into it."

I think most of the people in this thread sincerely want to make this thing better (epic and Padme Bra included), as do I. However, I'm really tired of seeing member after member have their valid complaints ignored or brushed off time and time again. It's time for the admins to actually CARE about what the members think and say, which I haven't seen happen (with a few exceptions such as Vertical).

15. Lord Chewy

May 14, 1999
    Are you all retarded? no wait. Don't answer that. :D

I've been informed by other members that I'm not admin so it's not my responsibility to fix this. The smarter people will pick up on what I'm trying to do, the rest are hopeless cases and will remain so.

16. Lord Chewy

May 14, 1999
    About the admins fixing things in here...

Don't hold your breath too long. None of the admins want to even touch this thread with a ten-foot pole. They don't want to be the next target in your crusades. Take my advice and just drop it. You got what you wanted. I'm no longer admin. There's nothing to argue anymore. Nothing logical or valid that is... You can always "make up" stuff. You've always done that.

And I'm not "generalizing". When I say "you", I mean YOU. You know who you are.

17. Fingolfin

Oct 30, 1999
    TLITJ: The best method to use in situation such as this is rational, reasoned posts, not quick one liners, however humorous or valid. I'm not trying to attack you or anything, I'm just trying to be constructive. :)

18. Froggy

Froggy Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2000
    edit: speds are cool, man.

19. Crystena77

Jun 15, 1999
    OK -

- then is diplomacy necessary for an admin? Cause that is what instigated this, as you admitted LC. And in the midst of the debates it never quite was answered. So a fair question, not attacking but trying to get to the root of this problem...

Is tact, diplomacy required in an admin?

Or can it be overlooked as an "end justifying the means approach"? If an admin is not tactful is there nothing wrong with that? Should we shut up if a lack of tact is displayed by an admin and suck it up, but then have to suffer the consequences if we display a lack of tact against another member?

20. Lord Chewy

May 14, 1999
    So, because I wasn't "diplomatic" I deserved this? I hope that you all drop this stupid ego trip before you hurt another good admin.

21. Missninfan

Missninfan Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 2000
    First off, I'm sorry things couldn't be resolved and you felt the only solution was for you to resign, LC.

Secondly, I believe that Epic and Padme have been speaking very rationally and maturely about the topic. Just because a member has a strong opinion and a lot of people agree with it, doesn't mean an admin, or ex-admin, can pull the He-wants-to-be-an-admin card. What BS is that? Yeah, that totally helps get to the heart of the problem, doesn't it??

It's called *avoidance*.

And lastly, IP, if you're reading this, as a friend and a fellow member of the boards, I applaud you for speaking your mind and taking a stand for what you believe in. To me, that is exactly why you should be, righteously so, an admin.

22. Lord Chewy

May 14, 1999
    I just adore the double standards here. Speak in favor of an admin and you're weak and aren't speaking for yourself. Speak against the admins and you're a hero. Be a strong admin and you're attacked for making people obey the rules. Be a weak and "neutral" admin who has no thoughts of his own and you're a god. Wonderful!

23. To live is to Jedi

Jun 6, 1999
    *interlude*

Ok, I did make that in a joking manner. It was a bad way to bring up that subject - plus this isn't the thread for that subject. Sorry.

*end interlude*

24. Crystena77

Jun 15, 1999
    Nope never said you deserved all this. I told you that in PM and email. Calm down.

I'm asking is diplomacy required. I thought that was at the heart of this- not just you have lacked it. We all have at times. I thought if we could have a reasonable discussion about the core of the problem, wouldn't it get solved?

25. yodaman

Feb 26, 1999
    I seriously hope that the YOU you're talking about isn't ME. If so, I'd like to know what this whole making up stuff is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.