main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hiding Evidence, or Thin-Skinned Administrators

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Senator Dzrekpo Amegnran, Aug 23, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Chewy

Lord Chewy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 1999
    What I do is not indicative of the admins. That's another motivation of my resignation. So that I'm free to harrass the harrassers. :p I'm so sick of the people here who think they're talking smart by either restating Shar Kida or other intelligent members or by just using big words while never saying anything new! Such as the argument that "admins aren't listening!". Hardly! You have no evidence of this. No admin posted "I'm not listening to you! Lalalalala!"

2. yodaman

yodaman Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 26, 1999
    Flaming is always against the rules Froggy. No exceptions.

3. Lord Chewy

Lord Chewy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 1999
    rorwyk- quit whining

4. Froggy

Froggy Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2000
    I don't think the admins have to be saints all the time. If someone is trying to upset them and undermine their authority, why can't they flame back?

The thing is, Chyren treated members far worse than LC ever did, but Chyren argued his side better than LC. He also didn't give a **** what people said about him. That's why he was the best admin we ever had.

Yodaman - Flaming is not always against the rules.

5. yodaman

yodaman Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 26, 1999
    Miss Chewy, if you really want to end this, maybe you shouldn't keep throwing fuel into the fire.

6. rorywk

rorywk Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2000
    LC, you ever see Erin Brockovich? Not the best movie ever, granted, but that just reminded me of a scene in it....."ED" the boss, is all in a huff and walks into his office, looks at Erin and says (and this is edited for the kiddies): "Screw You!" In the blink of an eye she answers: "Screw you back!" lol

That's what that little back and forth of "quit whining" reminded me of.... you should change your sig to read that... lol

:)

7. Froggy

Aug 17, 2000
    Who is this weirdo?

8. Missninfan

Missninfan Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 2000
    That scene was hilarious. :) Ed was awesome.

9. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    This thread has been in one downward spiral for awhile now. *sigh*

10. rorywk

rorywk Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2000
    weirdo? I'm not the kermit poser, buddy....

Star Trek quotes? Ughh....you should be pimped slapped for that, if nothing else....

11. Brando_Collrissian

Brando_Collrissian Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2000
    It seems to me, that this entire thread could have been avoided if certain people (both sides) could admit to one another that mistakes have been made. I find it even more frustrating that certain members continue to assault and accuse the posters of this thread as if they were one entity.

IP: You will truly be a man led by his convictions and morals. It is unusual to see someone so young display the courage to stand up for what you feel is right. You may not be going about it in the best way possible, but the fact remains that you continue to display a maturity and presence not afforded by some of the other delegates here.

LC: Take some time off. Come back refreshed, and get your head out of your arse.

froggy: I am insulted that you would continue to address the majority of this board's membership in such a jarring and insulting way. This only continues to display your lack of maturity and moral conviction. YOu should perhaps also take some time off, and get your head out of LC's arse.

Everyone Else: It is obvious that this thread has mutated past the point of being a "Hey, what's going on around here." thread, into issues more prevalent with the membership and administration of this board. If this was an issue with one, or several, of the members/admins, this situation would have been quickly handled and, most likely, swept under the rug.

Such is obviously not to be the case.

What needs to happen is everyone needs to put their flame-throwers away , and approach the table like mature adults. (Regardless of age.) Until this happens, this situation is only going to become worse before a solution is reached.

I challenge those who wish to reach an amenable solution to do two things. First, resist the urge to become enmired in a flame war. Flaming only makes the participants look bad and works towards defeating our purpose here. What's worse? It violates the TOS that EVERYONE agreed to before joining. Second, Remember what our goal is here at the JCN boards: Have fun dicussing Star Wars. I'm sure if GL were to peruse this thread he would greatly reconsider exactly why his is continuing to make his movies and why he should continue to allow us to take part in the universe of his creation.

So please, PM me, flame me, congratulate me, email me (b_collrissian@hotmail.com). I don't care. Because for each one of these responses I get, it will mean that I have hit home a subject important to someone.

12. Froggy

Aug 17, 2000
    You have no balls. Post under your regular name.

13. Jotun Denal

Jotun Denal Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    You guys are a bunch of ***damn babies. Just stop doing stupid things in the forums that tick the Admins. and other ppl off and there won't be any problems.

And lay off LC already, she was probably one of the best Admins. we had in a while that was actually nice. (Besides Mr. K. and the occasionally appearance of PreacherBoy)

tonyf, Ironparrot and Vertical are also good Admins. but they stay around the episode 2 forums.

14. Jedi Knight Seyrah

Jedi Knight Seyrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 1, 1999
    I second Brando's motion. Can EVERYONE stop flaming here please? (Is this the only thread where flaming is allowed??!)

15. Fingolfin

Fingolfin Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 1999
    LC: In the past, various admins have repeatedly said something to the effect of: "We are entrusted by the owners of TFN to run the site and it really doesn't matter what the members think." I'm not saying this is the attitude of all the admins, but it's been said.

16. Jedi Eowyn

Jedi Eowyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 1999
    It seems to me that this thread is still about an unresolved issue: are administrators Super-Members whose opinions on unofficial matters carry more weight than a member's? That is what I saw in the perverts thread. That is still what I wonder.

Darth Ludicrous, do you believe that administrators have the authority to tell members to stop posting a particular opinion when discussing unofficial subjects?

[EDIT: by unofficial subjects, I meant threads posted for regular forum discussion.]

17. IronParrot

IronParrot Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 2, 1999
    I read all of the posts since my last one, but I'm not responding to all the points. I believe I've said what I had to say.

LC - in case you didn't notice, I DID post a direct quote from the admin e-mails in that post. I DID carry out with the so-called "threat". I'm open for a banning and demotion. But that direct quote was all I really needed to point out at the time.

Besides, that was no private quarrel between admins. It was DIRECTLY related to this issue, and my posts on it, if not directly responding to them. And thus I made a counter-response here.

I know that I'm up for banning and demotion now. My fellow admins - I leave this issue up to you, but please remember to make your decision based on what's best for the forums.

It was not my INTENTION to spark another "crusade" on this thread. I was actually bringing closure to the aura of suspicion that has surrounded my posts, in the eyes of certain people here.

And LC, this is nothing personal against you. This is merely against how you just couldn't accept and respect the fact that I was remaining neutral until I had experienced one side or another firsthand. Sure, I could have remained totally silent - in fact, if I'd known that Vertical was promoting a "silence = support" approach for us other admins, I would have done so - but I didn't want the members to think I was ignoring them. This was not to cover my own ass, so to speak, but it was my duty to inform the people that I was following the events on this thread. On second thought, being neutral, I probably SHOULD have stayed out of it - then I wouldn't have had to deal with all these accusations thrown upon me.

Ironic, isn't it, that it was you who tipped me over the metaphorical "fence"?

18. JediMasterAlpha

JediMasterAlpha Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 7, 1999
    This is the biggest collection of BS I've ever read. And it's mainly coming from two people. Let me first say, that if IP is demoted, I'm outta here. 2 weeks ago, I argued with him in almost every thread I posted in. But, if he's demoted for speaking the TRUTH, then I no longer have any faith in the adminstrators as a whole.

Secondly, LC: What the **** is up with you?? IP actually posts something in SUPPORT of you, and you jump all over him?? You accuse him of being against you? Please, someone tell me where in IP's post he didn't support LC? Let's see...I seem to recall him saying he thought LC did nothing worthy of being demoted.

And I cannot believe the arrogant attitude you are displaying through this whole thing. But I'm too pissed right now to post anything that isn't a flame, so I'm stopping here.

19. Mr Flay

Mr Flay Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2000
    The worst thing to come of this is the loss of Surianne.

20. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    Never let it be said that I'm a man of my word.

After continuing to keep up with this thread even after my announcement to leave the forums, I've come to the conclusion that this is just too foolish an issue to take seriously. Besides, I don't want Froggy to think he was an influence in my leaving...

Now that LC has resigned, what is everyone still arguing about? The admins will always be their own clique - that's just the way it is.

21. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    I was very disappointed to see this continue in its downward spiral instead of being resolved. OK, maybe it's something I'm dreaming for, but it's not impossible.

The reason why Senator DA created this thread was about epic's deleted thread, and this matter (the thread) has *ALREADY* been cleared by DL. So why are we still continuing have arguments here?

I *DON'T* wish to point fingers at *ANYONE* at all, but I think the only reason why this is still continuing is because LC is still posting here and there are some people who just want to continue blaming LC, even after her resignation.

So. I am *NOT* taking sides, but if LC were to stop posting here, and the people would just simply accept the resignation, I think this matter is effectively over.

And there's one thing that I feel I really have to say. LC, I am not saying anything bad about you, but the thing is that you *DON'T* have a right or a priviledge for IronParrot to defend you just because you were a former admin. I think he's absolutely right about not taking sides.

And whether or not rorywk is an alias or not doesn't matter. Everyone here has the right to post under an alias.

IP, I don't think you've done anything wrong, and I don't see any reason for you to be banned or demoted. I understand what you meant, and I think you did the right thing.

This is probably the most critical thread I've made, but I'm not sorry about it. I just have to get this out.

It strikes me that we come here to discuss SW, but end up spending more time here making our points clear instead. It's really ironic, and really sad too. Maybe I'm not getting everyone's point, but why are we arguing about this in the first place???

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  22. rorywk

rorywk Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2000
    I am NOT an alias.

Believe me.

23. Jedi Knight Seyrah

Jedi Knight Seyrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 1, 1999
    Did *anyone* read Eowyn's last post (previous page)? She makes a good point about why this is not resolved...

24. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    rorywk, I wasn't saying that you were. But at least I thought you were, at least that's what I remember you posting. Sorry if I'm wrong.

But it doesn't matter whether you are or not, I still think the same of you.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    As far as I can see, this thread is over.

In regards to Eowyn's post from the last page, I'll speak on DL's behalf in saying "no", Admins can't restrict a users right to post his/her personal opinion on a particular issue, unless it goes outside of forum rules and regulations.

The actions within the "pervert thread" were wrong, were acknowledged that they were wrong, and everyone banned in that thread had thier bannings lifted.

In anycase, the major *point* of this thread is undoubtably over. No more Admins will come in here, so there's no point making huge debates.

There *have* been lessons learned, I hope, after all of this, by both Admins *and* Members.

It's been an eventful week, that's for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.