main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hiding Evidence, or Thin-Skinned Administrators

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Senator Dzrekpo Amegnran, Aug 23, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Eowyn

Jedi Eowyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 1999
    THANK YOU to Epic and Darth Ludicrous for the answer on the previous page. I found it soothing.

2. Senator Dzrekpo Amegnran

Senator Dzrekpo Amegnran Jedi Master star 3

Oct 6, 1999
    Thank you all for contributing. While I don't think that this thread should be deleted, I do think that it's achieved its ends and admirably so, therefore these discussions don't need to continue here. If a similar issue arises in the future, another thread will be opened. This thread has become cumbersome and has gone way off-track.

Thanks again for the thoughtful posts and discussion in this thread.

3. darthcleo

darthcleo Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 8, 2000
    hey! I have a degree in computer engineering!!!

4. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    *Nobody* insults cleo when I'm around! ;)

5. YODA the all powerful

YODA the all powerful Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    I have a degree in History.. DL has one in English Lit. as did clerk when he was an Admin.

I don't know about IP, Vert., tonyf and Mr. K, but the only technical oriented Admins. I know of are Paradox and PB.

So much for stereotypes.

tonyf likes this.
  6. Darth Fierce

Darth Fierce Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2000
    Did an admin delete a post of mine in this thread from earlier today?

7. JediMasterAlpha

JediMasterAlpha Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 7, 1999
    Yeah, I think someone did...I clearly remember one from you, and then it disappeared all of the sudden. I don't remember what was in it, though. Did you flame or something?

8. RogueGroundHunter3

RogueGroundHunter3 Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 2000
    Social retardation can occur in any job category. History and English Lit. are examples of non-social sciences. You administrators are hell to deal with and play favorites like a bunch of kids. Grow up and quit the Dylan Harris and Eric Klebold crap! Quit playing the evil executive. If you want to be an evil executive, get a business degree, join a corporation, and go practive your evil executive antics there.

YTAP.....in your private message, you told me to post a thread you deleted in the Episode 2 forum. Well guess what? I did it, it was deleted, and I had to put up with more BS. I like Star Wars, not this site. I only come here because there are only 2 decent Star Wars sites, with decent traffic to post at.

9. Darth Fierce

Darth Fierce Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2000
    JediMasterAlpha - it bordered on flaming, yes.

10. IronParrot

IronParrot Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 2, 1999
    RGH3 is a former troll, a returning troll who is probably pissed because we banned him for his blatantly inappropriate actions SEVERAL TIMES.

He's not in trouble yet this time around, and RGH3, please don't get too worked up about it. "But how do I know the good side from the bad?" "You will know... when you are calm."

Oh, as far as "technical-oriented admins" go... well, since Snowboard is ASP-based, I'm kinda left in the dust in that particular aspect (i.e. what makes this place run). My profession (when I'm not in school) is with HTML and graphics editing, mostly...

11. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Damn, this thread is putting DarthZach's old thread to shame.

Post #901.

12. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Does it matter what qualifications the admins have??? I mean, it doesn't make them a better or worse admin (except darthcleo, who thankfully has a degree, if not we would be stuck with a load of problems ;))

IronParrot, I figured RGH5 was an alias. I guess it's really pretty obvious.

Senator DA, I agree with you that this thread shouldn't be deleted, but I don't think anyone wants it deleted in the first place!!! We really must keep it for future referrals.

I would just like to know if we could "unofficially" close this thread, that is everyone agrees to close it. For one thing, Senator DA is right, it's totally out of point now. And I think this whole matter is basically over, plus a lot of people think so too, so could we just have an "unofficial" closing???

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  13. Shar Kida

Shar Kida Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Ol'val.

Definitely agree to *close* it (as of two pages ago) -- but who am I to interfere with the drive to 1000?

Although I too would ask that it not be deleted.

Kida

14. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    I'll 'close' this, if you like. Meaning, if I see any responses past when we can agree it's 'closed', I'll just remove them.

Oh, and I have an degree in English. So there.

Vertical

tonyf likes this.
  15. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    If Vert says the thread's closed, it's closed. I'm deleting these replies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.