main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hiding Evidence, or Thin-Skinned Administrators

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Senator Dzrekpo Amegnran, Aug 23, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    I'm leaning toward that too, Foon. I hate to say it, I really do. And I do appreciate the admins who are trying. I just see a half-hearted apology that the fickle members will eat with a spoon, a short self imposed hiatus, and then business as usual. I haven't given up yet though.

2. Mr Flay

Mr Flay Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2000
    Have there been threads like this before, then? Of this size? I don't linger in Communications too often. I just noticed some real lousy moderating in Community and by golly there was a huge thread about it already....

3. Missninfan

Missninfan Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 2000
    I have been a silent observer of the threads from members trying to communicate to the admins that there are problems that need addressing. Actually, I came on here today with my mind set on responding to Epic's thread, but I guess this'll have to do.

I'm not going to say *these* people are doing blah blah blah. I think it's clear to us all what's going on and who's involved. What I will say, as a person who mainly frequents the Spoiler Forum, is that ever since Tonyf's ingenius idea to create a "Deleted Threads" thread, the amount of chaos in that forum has dropped considerably. I believe that Mr. K, IronParrot, and Vertical are all examples of mature and reasonable admins. They are not hypocritical nor do they make any decision irrationally.

I think perhaps the admins in question need only take a look at those three prime examples to get an idea of what members around here expect in a quality admin.

I would also like to commend Epic, Padme Bra, and Senator DA on their maturity and ability to express concern without needing to resort to needless flaming.

Thank you.

4. Qui-Gon Generic

Qui-Gon Generic Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 25, 1999
    Agreed, JE. I haven't posted hardly at all since the first of June, due to a simular incident, which, I'm sure, is still fresh in everyone's minds here.

The circumstances which created the event were slightly different, but the results were exactly the same: Banning of certain individuals, choice comments by certain individuals, and no issues resolved. I still haven't received an answer to the question that was asked in dapper_bloke last thread here in Communications.

Of course, Fathead's reference in one of his posts in this thread notwithstanding.

Hopefully, this time, the current issue will be resolved to the benefit of all parties involved.

5. Froggy

Froggy Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2000
    Wow, look! It's Qui-Gon Generic! Another person who never posts and basically has no idea what's going on, but is offering his opinion anyways! Awesome!

6. Mr Flay

Apr 19, 2000
    Maybe he should pop in and say 'you're all morons' like you do...?

7. Darth Foon

Darth Foon Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 29, 1999
    Well I can think of one situation that was a pretty big deal at the time...the banning of Darth Derrengier(sp?). Nothing came of that...except for flaming that went unpunished.

I just see stuff like this all the time here...a situation arises...members and admins go at it for a little while....it comes to a halt...the end. No results.

8. Qui-Gon Generic

Jun 25, 1999
    Lim, because I don't post, doesn't mean I don't know what's going on. But thanks for your unbiased opinion.

I read the Communications forum regularly, it's much more entertaining than Springer. ;)

9. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    *throws a chair*

10. Missninfan

Missninfan Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 2000
    "Mothers who are dating their son's girlfriend, tomorrow on Springer!"

11. AL

AL Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 22, 1998
    "Mothers who are dating their girlfriends' sons" ___ Tomorrow on JC Community!

12. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
    Aliens who date their hairdresser's, dog trainer's younger cousin twice removed!

Note: I've reposted epic's deleted thread (For the betterment of the forums.)

13. Jedi Eowyn

Jedi Eowyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 1999
    Foon, there are always results.

14. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Just like to thank all those who have campaigned about this. It's pleasing that it hasn't been left to just a few of us to make this happen.

To Mr K, Vertical, thankyou for helping also. Take your time speaking in the Private Forums, it's good to know we've had *some* Administrative support in this. Nice work, guys.

Now, it's off to work. Here's hoping that things will be closer to being resolved when I get back. Keep up the good work!

15. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    This reminds me of a quote by President Harry Truman: "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen." It's that simple. If an admin feels they can't take the pressure, then they shouldn't be afraid to give up their position to someone else who is able to take a few potshots.

How about we do this. Everytime the admins decide upon adding someone to their ranks, test the person. Submit them to flames regarding everything and anything: Knowledge of Star Wars, ability to make intelligent posts, questionable parentage, political viewpoints, liking or not liking TPM, what they think about Chyren, etc. If someone is gonna crack under the mildest of flames, then don't admin them. Make admins of those who can take the insults in stride and bounce back from them without threatening to ban someone over a petty disagreement.

16. Mr Flay

Apr 19, 2000
    Hey, it's epic and Kyle.

Tell me, has the situation ever been as bad as it is now? I really don't know. People say this happens every few months, but I haven't noticed any problems of this severity with the admins before. Well, two of the admins, anyway.

17. Queen FruitBat

Queen FruitBat Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 1999
    "...you see people like Queen Fruitbat appear out of nowhere and post for the first time in weeks."

And why do you think that is, Legal? :)

hmmmm?.....

I'll give you some time to think about that.

Do let me know when you come up with an answer. :)

(BTW...one doesn't have to post to know what's going on....one can read yet keep one's mouth shut...I know...this is a shocking revelation for you)

:D

18. saerah

saerah Jedi Grand Master star 7

May 13, 1999
    Why are you bitter, Froggy? :)

19. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Mr.Flay, it's been going on since the forums started. From day one there has been some animosity brewing inside someone and they feel the need to let it out every few months or so and it in turn, leads to other people going off about nothing. It's kinda cyclical, but there really is no set pattern. I have noticed that summer (in the Northern Hemisphere anyway) tends to breed even more contempt due to more people being here and spending more time on the boards.

20. Andrusys

Andrusys Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 3, 1998
    This certainly is not the first time controversy like this has happened. Heck, this ain't nuthin' compared to the Friday Massacre.

I'd like to commend the newer admins like Vertical and Iron Parrot for being some of the best administrators since I joined almost 2(!!) years ago.

21. Mr Flay

Apr 19, 2000
    Definitely. Mr K and jasman are great too.

22. Qui-Gon Generic

Jun 25, 1999
    Agreed, Andrusys!

IP, Mr. K, and Vertical have been nothing short of stellar admins, imho.

And I even agree with Kyle Katarn, imagine that! ;) :D

23. Andrusys

Andrusys Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 3, 1998
    jasman? Who is this jasman chick? Some new girl?

24. Mr Flay

Apr 19, 2000
    ha ha

Oh yeah, stinrab's good too. An' he's been doing it for a while hasn't he?

25. Froggy

Froggy Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2000
    The thing is, the people doing the complaining don't post and aren't involved with the JC on a regular basis. I see almost none of the regular community posters participating in this thread. If they WERE then I would think that there was actually a problem. Those are the people that LC deals with the most. The majority of the people complaining are doing so because they were already biased against LC before she was an admin.

PS: You're still all morons ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.