main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Hiding water, a Siri-Wan adventure with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon art, complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Sep 13, 2012.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Hiding water
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: JA
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Siri Tachi, Qui-Gon Jinn, Adi Gallia, OC’s
    Genre: HC
    Summary: a mission to protect a senator turns into something else for Obi-Wan and Siri. It starts a day after returning from Mandalore.
    Disclaimer: Star Wars is owned by G.L.

Note: some characters appear in Inferno and Spider Moments (Beyond fanfics)

Hiding water

Chapter 1

Jedi Temple
    Garden of a thousand fountains
    A brown cloak was stirring.
    The owner of that brown cloak was waking up in a quite unusual place. It was an unusual place because he had just returned from an extended mission to protect the Duchess of Mandalore Satine Kryze. The normal place would have been his bed in the apartment he shared with his master Qui-Gon Jinn.

But a visit to the healers’ ward to treat a nothing sustained during a stop over on Chandrilla to buy a present for Siri Tachi and colliding with an out of control loadlifter droid had him ending up in the garden of a thousand fountains. The nothing had his master reacting rather aloof and giving him a lesson about distractions and not noticing at all that he was having a noticeable limp. The lesson continued even after landing the airspeeder and getting to the residential quarters. Meeting his great friend Garen Muln changed that. Garen told in no certain terms that Qui-Gon was the one who was distracted and wasn’t seeing the needs of his padawan. And healer Aaqu Maerhin sensing his injury had him sitting down in the provided hoverchair and getting the treatment – salve and a bandage – for the nothing on his left thigh that was a big bruise.

Qui-Gon had apologised and had said that the very gift for Siri – a porcelain teacup – had been the cause for his distraction. The last present Qui-Gon had brought for his great love Tahl had been a teacup.

Obi-Wan wanted to be alone for a while and had wandered to the garden of a thousand fountains and the meadow with the large old tree. The old tree gave him memories of his youth. He had used the place between the roots to hide from Bruck Chun and his bullies. And the Nephril bushes standing near the pond and flowering with their fragrant white flowers gave him another memory and beginning the meditation of the white light. That was followed by a song sung on Mandalore for the Duchess and surprising – or not – a second voice joining his. Siri of course, she knew that he was back and she had found him.

The result had been teasing and tickling ending with kissing and falling asleep under the cover of the brown cloak.

Varaan Magister
    Aboard the Varaan Magister – docked at a berth of the Coruscant senate district spaceport was a handsome dark haired man busy.

He was Dunai elder Tim Dereika and one of her pilots, recently assigned. And that had a reason.
    Tim had been traipsing the galaxy – or in his words discovering the habits of the races and specially the pilots – for the last 238 years. The first thirty eight years he had served as co-pilot for his father’s enterprise the ‘Rondor transport company.’ A meeting on Varanko with the Wiimiiff family had him assigned to one of the Wiimiiff company transports. That had led to different jobs among them the testing of the Delta-6 starfighters for Kuat Systems Engineering. Tim loved fast and challenging craft. It had him often getting fired and looking for a new job.

But a message from his sister Kira that her son Aran would graduate from Rondor University had him longing for his home on Moniron. The convenient way was getting a job on a transport and that presented itself on Coruscant where he had ended up after piloting a Corellian freighter for his former boss Bel Gana. Said boss had fired him after some reckless flying. That he had been avoiding capture by pirates didn’t matter for that boss. He had damaged the cargo with his stunt.

But for Wahhltther Luuhcce – call me Walter Luce because no one can pronounce Varankonin names correctly – it had been one of the reasons to offer him the job. The Varankonin captain and owner of the Varaan Magister had been impressed by the saving of lives. And Tim was fluent in Varankonin.

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Obi-Wan and Siri, sitting in a (uh, under) a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g. First time I've been able to use that children's rhyme on a SW board.

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yes! Fantab start with a blend of mush and adventure.

:)

4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    You do it again, writting something sweet & mushy concerning Obi! Thanks!

5. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Nice start! Right after Mandalore too. Will Siri be questioning him about the Duchess?

You make coming up with OC names and places look so easy!!

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    It's fun and working in a town-hall archive sure works.
    Thanks all for your replies and here is the next funny part

Chapter 2

Jedi Temple

Garden of a thousand fountains
    The brown cloak was stirring more intense when a comlink began to buzz and vibrate.

That had the second person under the cloak opening her eyes and commenting with a sleepy voice “what’s the buzz. Lemme uh oops … it’s hey … Kenobi answer that thing.”

“Oops … uh … sorry Siri.”

“Sorry? It’s your comlink resting against my….”

“Kenobi,” Obi-Wan managed to reply in a neutral way.

Report at once to hangar twenty-two-seven. We have a mission to bring the senator of Wanaria back to her home as soon as possible.”

“Coming.”

And take padawan Tachi with you.

“Uh master.” That was a startled reply.

I know. She is there with you.”

“I have been meditating and she happened to be there meditating too,” Obi-Wan sighed. ‘Never can keep a secret from him.’

Meditating.

Obi-Wan nodded. ‘Will this lead to a teasing Jinn lecture?’ No, Siri had a helpful smiling look on her face.

“Yes meditating master Jinn,” Siri wriggled until she was with her mouth next to the comlink. “I was meditating when padawan Kenobi came to the garden and he just sat down next to me. We have been meditating.”

“All night long and I must have fallen asleep,” Obi-Wan quipped.

“I too,” Siri added.

“And you know from previous missions,” Obi-Wan remembered something from missions and continued. “I usually end up with all the covers covering me and you without any covers and this time it was Siri who must have grabbed my cloak with the result that we were sleeping under my cloak.”

Spare me the details and come to our transport with your cloak-companion.”

“Yes master,” Obi-Wan laughed. His master sure had fun. That was felt in his bond.

And padawan you can act like brother and sister during our mission. We are to form a Wanarian family. I am the husband of Siri’s master.

“Jinn and Gallia,” Siri grinned. “And what do brothers and sisters usually do?” She poised her fingers next to Obi-Wan’s middle.

“Siri,” Obi-Wan jumped up or tried because Siri was holding on to cloak with one hand and the other hand making tickling moves. “Counter-measures!” He dropped down next to Siri and started to roll towards the pond.

“Stop it or we will get wet!” Siri jumped up just in time.

“She is reasonable,” Obi-Wan – cloak free and the tickling hands away – stood up and headed towards the winding path. Without looking he knew that Siri was following. But acting as a Wanarian family had him slightly worried. The teasing would continue and he couldn’t do anything about that. Males had to endure that from Wanarian females.

Hangar twenty-two-seven
    Obi-Wan ended up in hangar twenty-two-seven and saw Master Windu leaving with the words “clothes are in that room. May the Force be with you.”

“Clothes,” Siri passed with firm steps Obi-Wan and was the first to see her master.

“Look at this.”

Obi-Wan followed and could refrain from making a comment. He had seen enough outrageous costumes during the last months, protecting the Duchess Satine Kryze. And his master too. He felt the amusement from his master in the bond. Jinn had fun looking at Adi’s costume. That was something positive about being a Wanarian male. They had to act as servants of the women. No fancy dressing for the men.

“You are the lady on this trip. Ah there they are.” Qui-Gon was just his stoic self extricating a plain brown shirt from the bag he had gotten out of a locker. It matched with the brown trousers and his boots. A second bag was tossed to Obi-Wan.

“Master,” Obi-Wan caught the bag.

“Obi-Wan your name is Owan Tanaki-Kentaro. I am Quint Tanaki-Kentaro and Adi is my wife Alia Tanaki.”

“Nice outfit Master,” Siri observed coolly and hoped that hers wouldn’t be matching that much. She would feel like a stuffed doll. So much for the teasing of Kenobi.

“Yes Sheila,” Adi had a smile on her face. “And we are the masters in the matriarchal society of Wanaria. Married males are just slaves and to be treated as such.” She had seen the requirements for women of the Wanarian clans. And to protect and mingle with the Wanarians they had to act like Wanarians. “Get ready. The Varaan Magister leaves in one hour.”

“Sheila is a nice name and far better than that dull Owan,” Siri grinned when she extricated a bag with clothes from the locker with her name on it.

“Better wait until we see what Sheila is wearing,” Obi-Wan winked devious when he saw what was coming out of that bag. He had discovered in his bag comfortable boots, plain brown trousers with a big pouch to hide his lightsaber and a brown woollen sweater with attached hood. No Wanarian male ever showed his hair in public. Only the underwear was something that had him disappearing in a changing cubicle. Plain beige Jedi-underwear was replaced by underwear with starships and childhood heroes now quite popular among the young kids on Coruscant. A note in the bag had him smiling. ‘Your sister wanted to surprise you. But you have a surprise for her too.’

Varaan Magister
    The Varaan Magister was a large luxurious transport for passengers and freight. Her captain – a Varankonin – had the same ancestors as Dunai elder and Ceitans, another species native to Varanko, a planet in the Irel starcluster. Wahhltther Luuhcce had just received his documents from the port authorities and headed with them – passenger- and freight-lists – to the bridge. The last family had yet to arrive.

“Departure ten twenty,” Tim toggled the com when the door to the bridge opened to reveal the grey humanoid. “Copy that.”

“First stop will be Wanaria,” Captain Luuhcce entered the bridge and placed the lists in a cabinet near his chair. That he had to voice that aloud was for the Ifarian co-pilot. Ifarians were with their unreadable minds and features a bit more difficult to work with for Varankonin who could sense most other beings. With a Varankonin and Ceitan crew he relied on mind commands or used solely the Varankonin language.

“The jumps to Wanaria and Varanko are programmed,” Tim saw Ash Ish Jobidal selecting the controls for the first jump; Wanaria.

For the two pilots busy had been; checking all the systems, getting the clearance from Coruscant Control and entering the coordinates for Wanaria and Varanko in the nav-comp. Two jumps in hyperspace were required to get to their first destination.

‘Captain Luuhcce I would have piloted your ship to Wanaria if you had chosen the other way around.’

‘I know you are bound for Moniron Tim but we have some folks aboard who are eager to get as soon as possible to Wanaria.’ The captain chuckled softly feeling the joy coming from Tim and said “we have the Wanarian senator and her aides aboard and are waiting for the last Wanarian family to board.”

Tim began to grin when he saw through the viewport of the bridge a droid operated taxi-shuttle stopping and four humans – the women dressed in expensive cumbersome outfits required for Wanarian nobles – exiting that shuttle. As a Dunai elder he felt the glee coming from the two young ones. It had something to do with the swinging metal decorations hanging from the women’s belts. ‘Not Wanarians but what are they?’

“Interesting company,” Walter voiced what Tim was thinking.

Ifarian pilot Ash Ish Jobidal smiled too. But that had another reason. Another wealthy Wanarian group as a bounty; Alicia Topenix – his immediate superior – would be pleased. She had been planning the whole operation with her brother Victor and the Rojas brothers. Two pilots and a steward had met an untimely end thanks to them. Now instead of meeting the second team on Varanko the Varaan Magister would become one more part of space junk floating in the Warrol nebula where Alicia Topenix was waiting with her marauders. Victor and the ones who had required the services of the Mantis Marauders – the trade federation – now only had to wait a little bit longer.

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Enjoyed the teasing - and Jinn didn't buy the "meditating" explanation either [face_laugh]

8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Well, this fanfic keeps the balance to "Inferno". This is why I read "Inferno" first. It is good for my nerves, my dear bird, to relax in here and have a good laugh. You are two sides of a coin!

^:)^

9. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Nice - undercover Jedi. And devious dealings ahead. Fun.

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    More fun will follow
    It sure keeps the balance, laughs and action coming.
    With more in the next chapter

Chapter 3

Varaan Magister
    The Varaan Magister had entered hyperspace. Her passengers were coming from cabins to the main cabin where dinner was served. Colourful were they and contrasted sharply with the grey captain.

All was grey on him, eyes, hair, skin and uniform. Captain Luuhcce was sitting at the head of the table engaged in a lively conversation with the Wanarian senator when the last group came in. They were the nobles of the Tanaki family.

Senator Onca Fierta bowed deeply in a most elegant way with her robes rippling and displaying the iridescent colours. It was custom to greet nobles that way. She recognised them as being something more than nobles. They were the Jedi. Chancellor Valorum had insisted on the protection. ‘Your safe arrival on Wanaria and your attendance of the summit is of the utmost importance for the republic. With Wanaria staying in the republic we might be able to convince Varanko and more planets in that sector to join the republic.’ She had given the specifications for the cumbersome outfits of the women and knew what the metal decorations swinging down the skirts and between the legs were hiding. It would sure amuse the men or not. Jedi didn’t show emotions.

“Owan, help your sister to sit down,” Adi said with the haughty voice required for a Wanarian noble. She was getting assistance from Qui-Gon and saw the captain giving her an amused smile. Males could be commanded.

“Yes Owan and don’t step on my toes you clumsy oaf,” Siri brushed past the servant – an Ifarian and therefore with unreadable features and thoughts – and had her left foot deliberately stepping on Obi-Wan’s toes encased in a sturdy boot.

Hiding his glee about the swinging lightsaber – he had teased Siri already back there in the changing room in the Jeditemple – Obi-Wan kept silent, helped Siri and headed with his master to the other table where passengers were seated who couldn’t afford the luxury of a first class cuisine at the captains table and where the Wanarian males had to be. They would have ample time to finish dinner before the comsystem would have them headed to their cabin and strapped in for reversion to real space. But feeling his toes he muttered softly in the Force ‘Tachi I will retaliate.’

‘Keep your focus,’ Qui-Gon used the bond with his padawan to converse and stopped when he saw the captain looking his way, giving again that amused smile. He gave a wink with his left eye, mouthed ‘the captain is a Force sensitive’ and continued “the first stop will be near the Warrol nebula and you know what’s there.”

“Pirates dad,” Obi-Wan whispered and gave a wink back. He had seen the report. Pirates were known to have bases in that nebula. And he saw the captain winking back. It was as if the captain knew that with Jedi aboard these pirates were of less concern. That captain is a strong Force sensitive indeed.

Varanko

Vank
    Vank was the capital city of Varanko and it was a busy beehive of activity. Only a few years ago a single vein of Boronian metal – used in droids to give them durability – was discovered near the city. It could be mined in daylight. There was more Boronian metal to be found but it was located in inaccessible caves beneath the water of the oceans that covered most of the planet.

The vein led to prosperity and Varanko wasn’t anymore the back-water planet and had opted to join the republic.

But the confederacy of independent systems was interested in the planet and the adjacent planets. Wanaria was one of them. And the attendance of the senator to the summit on Wanaria had to be thwarted at all costs. The Mantis Marauders were perfect for the job. The first liner with a scheduled trip between Coruscant, Wanaria and Varanko became their prey.

Warrol nebula
    Mantiss Marauders
    “Check.”

“Check.”

“Droids operational. Intruders check.”

Alicia Topenix strapped the belt with her blaster around her slim waist. She would be the last to board the Varaan Magister when it came out of hyperspace. Intruders with the droids – all provided by the trade federation – would be the first.

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D Action's about to pick up and love the teasing. ;)

12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Alicia Topenix strapped the belt with her blaster around her slim waist. She would be the last to board the Varaan Magister when it came out of hyperspace. Intruders with the droids – all provided by the trade federation – would be the first.

More troublesome times ahead. [face_nail_biting]

13. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Loved the teasing...and now poor Obi-Wan has to endure Siri taking advantage of her position.

Trouble ahead though..and this should be interesting! :)

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    It's fun and action in this story

But fun too for our Jedi

Obi-Wan has something up his sleeve too;)

Chapter 4

Varaan Magister
    ‘Burp!’

Remembering Siri’s startled looks when he ‘helped’ her to stand up after the copious dinner – for Siri and her master, not for him and Qui-Gon – Obi-Wan gave a loud burp. His dinner gave enough reason for that burp. His master had given some burps as well in the time since they had strapped in. Small ones and barely noticed but yes burps. He saw his master looking his way. ‘Control your bodily functions.’ ‘I will tr… Do master.’ And he expected Siri to be in some burping fit as well and probably having the same ‘Force-conversation.’ He had seen her reaching for the greasy meat and sure the desserts, brownish and with towers of fluffy white atop. A fat Wanarian woman had given approving smiles. Females were to be fattened up to be liked by the males. And Siri was sure in her eyes too skinny. The woman had even pushed another dessert towards Siri. And Siri – in her role as Wanarian child of a spoiled noble – had to accept it when Adi began to devour a second dessert with the content hummhs of said fat lady who was inhaling her third helping of ‘chocolate delight’ and pouring more sauce than necessary on it.

But Obi-Wan had behaved during dinner. No more Force bond talk between his master and him; he discovered more Force sensitives on the transport besides the captain. And he knew now all about the species Varankonin and Ceitans after the captain had explained about those two sentient species native to Varanko.

‘Burp!’

‘Bump’

“Obi-Wan,” Qui-Gon sat up and started to remove the crashwebbing. He had sensed that the transport had entered real space again.

“I didn’t do,” Obi-Wan snapped the crashwebbing open using the Force, stood up and sped outside with Qui-Gon on his heels. And he heard the loud burps from Siri and Adi when they hurried after him after coming from their part of the cabin. The burps were mingled with another sound; that of metal fastenings clicking open, of cumbersome skirts parting at the back, dropping on the floor, followed by jackets and revealing the garish metal and pink underwear held to the body by the swinging belt with the lightsaber hidden in the tassels of that belt.

Bwaaam. Loud thunks were sounding through the entire transport.

‘Pirates,’ Obi-Wan projected through his bond with his master. ‘And they are entering through one of the cargo-bays using intruders.’ And he grinned when Siri caught up with him. “The lady in metal and pink comes to help me.”

“Brownie kid,” Siri quipped. “Just keep your browns on. Your underwear is too dazzling for me with the hero Megawarrior, pink Mindi and friends.” She reached in the tassels and had her lightsaber out of them.

“Dazzling,” Obi-Wan – taking his lightsaber from the pouch – began to retort when a Ceitan crewmember with flashing iridescent colours on his bald black and blue skinned face rushed in the corridor leading to the cargo-bay. He felt the agitation at being boarded from that member holding a blaster and some more. The man was contacting his captain using mindtalk and ordering to flood the cargo-bay with gas if the pirates were sentients. And he saw the man beginning to smile. The man recognised the most welcome help four Jedi could give.

‘So much for the Wanarian disguise,’ Qui-Gon sighed.

‘Our disguise was a see through for Ceitans and Varankonin,’ Obi-Wan gave a wink with his left eye and saw the Ceitan winking back.

“Focus on that door,” Qui-Gon Jinn ignited his lightsaber and heard the buzzing sound coming from three more lightsabers.

“You’re coming with me to help. I only need to see…”

BAAAM scrwwwrreeeecch, an inner door of the cargo-bay burst open to reveal droids armed with blasters pouring out of that door.

“No sentients,” the Ceitan grumbled and fired his blaster at the first droid.

- - -

“No sentients,” Captain Luce grumbled. “And they are trying to destroy my transport. Program the next jump immediately.”

“But Captain,” Ash Ish Jobidal objected “we are dead in space.”

“Not when the hyperdrive is functional,” Tim suggested. “Programming next ….”

Another loud thump – this time near the bridge – drowned what Tim wanted to say.

- - -

“Head to the bridge,” Qui-Gon ordered.

‘That’s where the next trouble is,’ Obi-Wan thought and jumped up – after removing a piece of grating – to a crawlduct with his master following. He knew that Siri and her master could cope with the droids coming from the cargo-bay. They were most now disorganised wrecks after a lightsaber-repel-the-blasts barrage and added blaster bolts from the Ceitan crewmember, now supported by more Ceitans and Varankonin.

‘Uhngh’

“Crawlducts again master,” Obi-Wan could barely suppress a grin. With his thin frame and small size he could move easy in the confined space.

“I will stay and help Master Galia,” Qui-Gon squirmed back and dropped feet first on a droid that made a sputtering sound when the lightsaber melted through the torso.

- - -

Len Lim Ilgaar had ducked back in the main cabin when he heard the welcome thump of intruders against the hull of the transport. He was for the back-up mission just like his mate Ash Ish Jobidal on the bridge.

- - -

Tim Dereika ducked just in time when a blaster bolt passed him and made a mess of one of the – lesser important – monitors on the bridge. But huddling under his chair he saw more blaster bolts coming his way to be intercepted by a glowing blue beam. A brown man – one of the Wanarians he had seen boarding on Coruscant and interesting because he wasn’t a Wanarian at all – was using that blue beam and redirecting all the blaster bolts back to the droids now pouring out of the intruder that had drilled into one of the escape-pods making access for the droids possible after opening the hatch of that pod. ‘Ah it’s a Jedi. I have seen those guys when I was on Kuat.’

Ash Ish Jobidal saw the destruction wrought by the dratted Jedi and reached for his comlink.

- - -

Len Lim Ilgaar was sure that the bridge was still fully operational. The thump thump and screeching sounds of blasters mixed with that of the dratted lightsabers of the in his eyes very unwelcome Jedi scum were heard in the corridors leading to the cargo-bays. And he had heard swishing sounds in the crawlduct leading to the bridge followed again by unwelcome lightsaber sounds. He saw a blinking message on his comlink and he pressed a button. ‘Ah plan B has failed.’

Warrol nebula
    Mantiss Marauders
    “Abort, abort, abort,” Alicia Topenix uttered those words when she saw the blinking red light. ‘Ilgaar and Jobidal will know what to do. Varanko will be the trap. I knew it brother. There were Jedi snoopies aboard and they were probably dressed as Wanarians. Now let’s see if your plan A works.’

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Super action. =D=

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Yepp, also love the action with a mix of fun, drama & thrill. Well balanced, as usual.

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Short chapters but lots of fun and action; that's my goal with this story

Chapter 5

Varaan Magister
    ‘Something amazing is happening.’ That was what Tim Dereika was thinking when he saw the inner hatch of the escape pod closing and a screeching sound indicating that the ‘bridge’ intruder was leaving. More thunks and screeches were heard and status boards began to light up with – in Tim’s eyes – angry red lights indicating trouble. “The transport is damaged,” Tim muttered. “All the cargobays are compromised. But maybe…”

“We can fly half a ship,” Captain Luce interrupted. “The bridge and main cabin and most of the cabins of the passengers are still functional. That intruder damaged only one of our two bridge escape-pod.”

“Half a ship,” Tim eyed the captain.

“Half a ship and I will help you.”

Tim saw the blue beam wielding Wanarian – uh it’s a Jedi – settling down at the navigation controls with an I-don’t-like-to-fly-but-I-can-get-this-ship-to-its-destination-as-soon-as-possible look on his face. And he saw the captain giving a relieved nod.

“We can reach Varanko,” Ash Ish Jobidal hovered with his right hand above the controls that would have the transport entering hyperspace. “It will be only a detour.”

“And the intruders will be unable to follow,” the Jedi remarked. “Jettison the cargo-modules.”

“Do what he says.”

“Aye captain,” Tim pushed some of the controls marked by the angry red lights with some regret starting to show on his face. But he felt the amused gaze of the captain.

“Dereika the insurance will cover my loss,” Captain Luce stated. “Just jettison all the cargo-modules. Jobidal set course for Varanko.”

Tim had a go at the other angry red lights until he saw only green ones. “All cargo is gone.” He saw Ash Ish Jobidal pushing the hyperspace control with something of a very satisfied look on his face. ‘Why was Ash Ish having that look?’

- - -

Siri was secured in her crashwebbing. At a shouted ‘Kenobi is up to something’ from master Gallia she had returned with her master and Qui-Gon following his Wanarian masters to the cabin. Seconds later she had heard sounds and thumps of parts of the transport detaching and had felt the welcome transition to hyperspace. And she was grinning softly “Padawan Kenobi doesn’t like to fly and now he is flying half a ship to where ever that takes him.”

“Probably Varanko,” Adi Gallia stated “and that gives me a bad feeling.”

“I see,” Qui-Gon remarked dryly. “You are referring to the confederacy of independent systems?”

“I am,” Adi retorted. “I don’t like…”

“Bad bugs,” Siri grinned. She had somehow fun when she saw the looks Master Jinn was giving her master. An earlier mission had the foursome meeting bugs.

- - -

‘Bad bugs,’ Obi-Wan thought. ‘Going to Varanko we will meet the Neimoidians. They want to increase their influence in this sector.’

- - -

Len Lim Ilgaar had a small smile on his face. Varanko, they would make it to that planet. He knew what was waiting on Varanko. The trade federation had all resources to make plan A successful.

- - -

Ash Ish Jobidal had that satisfied look on his face when he saw the Jedi busy. ‘Wait until we have to land her. You will be in a lot of trouble Jedi-scum. We have to use the escape-pods. Divide and conquer that’s the code of the Mantiss.’

tbc

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    All are converging on Varanko :D Nope, don't like bugs either. :p Looking forward to more Obi/Siri ;) fun

19. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Very fun! I liked reading, looking forward to more :D

earlybird-obi-wan and Jade_eyes like this.
  20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Wonder what will happen next!

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    No bugs but fish. And that will lead to ... fun
    Thank you. This story is a funny one with short chapters.
    Read and you will know

Chapter 6

Varanko
    No, the Neimoidians were not that much interested in the planet Varanko itself. They had discovered that the single vein of Boronian metal that could be mined in daylight would be depleted in ten years at the most. But the other more outlying planets and their moons circling the Varankonin sun were a source of metals useable for the increasing demands of their providers of droids. The Wanaria system had even more precious metals to offer.
    Yes, the Neimoidians wanted Wanaria to leave the Republic. The summit had to fail. And when they discovered that a Varankonin transport – the Varaan Magister – was running a regular schedule between Wanaria, Coruscant and Varanko a trap was set up. Plan B had failed but there was a plan A.
    Victor Topenix gave a sly smile when he saw the Rojas brothers Phil and Foss busy with the droid controls. The Neimoidians had given instructions and had left in their spheres.

“We just have to disable the repulsorlifts,” Foss remarked.

“And Len Lim and Ash Ish will have passengers and crew in the escape-pods,” Phil grinned. “That’s where we come in with our rescue-craft.”

Varaan Magister
    “There was that nice woman Jira who offered me pallies when I saw that blonde slave…” Tim stopped his tale when Ash Ish Jobidal pushed the controls that had the Varaan Magister reverting to normal space. “We have to fly the ship down manually.”

“Half a ship,” Obi-Wan quipped. He had been amused by the tall tales of the pilot and had added some adventures of his own. Soft approving snickering from the two Ceitans and three Varankonin had him exaggerating somewhat. Captain Luce certainly was amused. He saw the blue sphere of Varanko getting bigger when the sublight drives kicked in.

“Half a ship,” Tim retorted. “Why is it that I always end up in trouble? And now with a Jedi who hates flying.”

“Jedi do not hate,” Obi-Wan stated.

“And they do not try,” Tim had the sublight controls sliding to their forward stops. “I will try…”

“Do,” Obi-Wan had his hands on the directional slides.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAMMM

Red lights began to blink all over the controls.

“That was our repulsorlift,” Ash Ish shrieked. “We cannot land the ship…”

“Half a ship anymore,” Tim grumbled a bit disappointed. Now he even wouldn’t see the Jedi helping him to land half a ship.

“We have the escape-pods,” Captain Luce stated. “And insurance will cover my loss. Sound the alarm Jobidal. Abandon, abandon, abandon.”

Ash Ish Jobidal – enigmatic smile on his face – pushed the red signal, hit the lock on his crashwebbing and was out of his seat and running to the escape-pod when the ‘abandon ship’ began to blare from the comsystem. He was in the escape-pod and was closing the hatch before the others on the bridge had time to react.

“El sawa Darrin,” Tim muttered in his native language. With one pod damaged by the marauder and now the second pod gone, they had only the escape-pod attached to the captains-cabin at their disposal. Escape-pods for the passengers were no option either. With the abandon ship signal they had just enough time to get into the escape-pods before a pre-programmed jump would have the wreck crashing into the Varankonin sun.

“Viiniiiinn Viirr,” Captain Luce added a Varankonin curse when he saw the signal that the pod was detaching. “It will be tight. I hope the pod won’t plumet us to a death beneath the waves.”

“It won’t,” Obi-Wan stated. “The Force will lead us. Lead the way captain Luuhcce.”

“Follow me Obi-Wan Kenobi,” Captain Luuhcce was impressed by the faultless pronunciation.

Escape-pod
    Three Varankonin, two Ceitans, one Dunai elder and one human crammed into the three person escape-pod.

“Simmmiinnn Viirr,” one Ceitan muttered.

“Viiniiiinn Viirr,” a Varankonin grumbled.

“El sawa Darrin,” Tim smirked.

“And what’s all that Simin Vir, Vinin Vir and sawa Darrin,” Obi-Wan – squeezed between a Varankonin and Ceitan – enquired.

“Canned and rotten fish and selfish Darrin,” Tim retorted. “Do your Jedi-trick pilot Kenobi.”

“I will,” Obi-Wan grinned. The escape-pod with Siri, Adi and Qui-Gon and the Wanarian charges was quite near and the combined effort of four Jedi would have the two escape-pods landing safe in the ocean.

Varanko
    Ocean
    Safe?

“The prey will come to the Mantis,” Victor Topenix grinned.

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Safe?

Nope this is an earlybird story and she always surprises her readers. [face_nail_biting]

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi: AshGobidal is a slimy dude :p - I hope the pods land safely [face_nail_biting] =D=

24. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Out of the frying pan into the, uh, fire. Ok, so that line doesn't really work. Or maybe it will, "fired upon" in the water?

earlybird-obi-wan and Jade_eyes like this.
  25. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Just read ch. 4 - lots of burping and actions. So their disguises are blown....and more trouble ahead. Will try to read more when I can, looking forward to more.

:)