main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive High Class Low Life: The War

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by PRENNTACULAR, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sprintabm

sprintabm Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2005
    LR Cheran
    LaGuardia Airport, NYC

"It's only a two hour drive from Boston to hear, Cheran. But nothing makes an entrance like a floating coffin, I'll tell you that much. And it's Mr. Hickey. People call me Otto, too."

LR accepted his handshake. "Two hour drive when they remove all other vehicles off the freeways," he chimed back, "and call me LR."

"A rental? Nice, I figured as much. Something must have made me take a lift from a fellow partner of mine at the Office rather than drive in here with an unnecessarily attention-grabbing vehicle. Lead the way, Detective," he motioned, as he gradually delayed his step until he was moderately "behind" Cheran. "Intel from the immediate HQ mentioned a firey disturbance Uptown at a certain Chinese joint. Gave me the address and street number of the restaurant, although I'm sure that once we're a mile within range, we won't be needing either. Must be a beacon up there."

They walked over to the Enterprise counter. "I tell ya, Otto, my secretary has a knack for playing nasty jokes on us when she gets us rental cars. Hope she ain't playing around this time!" Luckily, it wasn't a compact car. LR led the way to their car. "Hope you like the Dodge Stratus! Thank goodness for government travel!" He tossed the keys to Otto. "Figure you know how to drive in this city."

As they got in the car, LR continued: "So tell me what's going down at this place. Cops there yet, have it under control, or what?"

TAG: Jeb

2. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    IC: Alastor

Traffic was unusually light today Alastor thought as he parked his car by on of the Families warehouses. Grabbing the envelop from the glove-compartment he headed towards the entrance. about 10 seconds after knocking on the door a little window on the door slid open and a guard looked out at Alastor, ?Who are you??

?Alastor McRea.? Alastor responded, holding up the Envelope, ?The Boss, has a Job for me i need to pick ups some Equipment. So open up would ya.? the last bit was an order more than a question, he was one of the Boss' higher ranked employees, and they knew who he was they were just following procedure. The door slid open and Alastor walked in side and slammed the door shut behind him. Inside some loud, grunge metal music was playing in the other end of the warehouse.

?Nice Music.? He said as he walked over to a table and took a seat. Before he had a chance to open the envelop a young woman walked up to him, ?Anything you need Alastor?? Alastor looked up at her and held up a finger, ?moment Salina let me check out the info.? He opened the envelop and browsed through the information. The family were the DiPinto's, small family Husband, Wife, and a teenage Son. The Husband and Son were made men, they wouldn't be a problem, but the wife. Maria DiPinto, Alastor never liked harming women, much less killing them, he'd have to make the Death's quick just for her sake.

?Bring me Roxanna, Salina, this message will be a long distance call.? the Woman walked off to a small room in the back. Alastor kept looking through the Envelop, they lived in a small suburb in Jersey, so there would be some traveling involved. Salina returned with a long case that she sat down on the table, ?We have several 50. caliber round types there a particular one you want??

?Yeah, bring me some AP rounds darling, 10 should do it. And bring me 10 M1911 clips with AP rounds as well.? She walked off again and Alastor opened the case, laying inside was, fully assembled, a Barrett M107 .50 Cal Anti-Material Rifle. It was Alastor's Weapon of choice when it came to sniping and as such, when he asked for 'Roxanna' they knew what he wanted. Salina returned with the ammo Alastor asked for and smiled at him, ?Anything else??

?Well,? Alastor said closing the case and standing up, ?I'm gonna need a bigger car.?

TAG: no one, Prenn.

3. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    OOC: As I have no clue as to whether or not these ladies are antagonists to Alfred, I'll go with the flow.

IC: Alfred Stukov

Alfred was about to slip into the driver's seat, when a thought struck him. He was giving up women who obviously were interested in him. That was crazier than letting a drunk drive. If worse came to worse, he could always take over.

The thought never occurred to him that this could be a trap. Who would create a trap so elaborate.

"Vell, I'd never deny a woman vat she vants. Ja, I'll sit with you."

With that, Alfred slid into the rear of the limo.

Tag: Prenn

4. -Jeb-

-Jeb- Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2006
    Gene Hickey
    LaGuardia Parking Lot

"Figure you'd know how to drive in this city."

Hickey shrugged, ".. about as good as those morons at the Chinese spot know how to make a scene."

"A Stratus..", he mused, "I had a friend who bought one of these. You know what happened to him?", he paused as the car's keychain fell into his open palm. "Nothing, he's still a virgin."

Finding the corresponding key to swing the driver's side door open and make his way in, he quickly fit the second key into the ignition slot and the sedan roared to life. He fell back into his seat and found a ciggarette he promptly stuck between his teeth, "You don't mind, do ya?", he asked, lighting it, seemingly not caring either way.

They made their way through the cluster of parked cars and mini-vans and spun the car methodically into the highway towards the ever-nightmarish turnpike. The tolls were getting worse and worse by the month.

"So tell me what's going down at this place. Cops there yet, have it under control, or what?"

"Last time I got a SITREP, I was told that forces were on their way, and that it was no more then a couple of armed fools with too much pride and whiskey in their livers. And I don't think whiskey's on the menu at any Chinese take-out I've ever heard of...", he stopped for a moment, lowering his shades to take a careful look at the road signs, "Shouldn't even be a thing to worry about by the time we get there, but you never know.", Gene responded, pressing his foot down on the gas just enough to hit "80 on a 65". Time was wearing thin.

[TAG] sprint, folks in the Chinese Restaurant

5. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    OOC: Im sorry i havent posted im not feeling well so i will try and get a post in later.

6. sprintabm

May 20, 2005
    LR Cheran
    inbound to Chinese restaurant

"I had a friend who bought one of these. You know what happened to him? Nothing, he's still a virgin."

Heh, thought LR, that's a good one to remember...

They were speeding along the highways now. LR suddenly became curious, and why it took him so long to ask he didn't know why.

"Wait a minute, Otto. Why the hell are WE going to some shootout at a Chinese restaurant?" He paused, a light going off. What would the White Collar Division go after? "Don't tell me the LoGrassos. That's your guys' turf. Why did you get a Boston guy like me over here to deal with..." and choir music filled the air while disdain filled LR. "The Moriarties??? Frick, don't tell me they're down here!"

TAG: Jeb

7. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    OOC: my gravest apologies. post coming tuesday, as i won't be home tommorow most likely.

:snoopy

8. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Dillon
    Chinese Store (Irish Front)

Dillon had never been much of a gun fighter, as the small 11-shot pistol tucked into the small of his back suggested. So, when the Italians busted into the store, he had half a mind to bust a bar stood and take a few swings. The honorable way to fight...Man to Man. Fist to cuff. But he had never been much of a fighter, as again suggested by the afore mentioned weapon.

So, while the other boys layed cover fire over the Italians, he took the cue to move the booze BACK into the box truck parked out back. He wasn't complaining. Anything to keep him as far out of the line of fire as he could be.

He was a hard worker, quick and strong. He could unload an entire truck in an hour or so by himself. Assuming he's sober. So reloading the truck was simple, and quick work for him, partly because only about half the truck had been unloaded before the drinking began, and partly because gun fire usually scared him sober.

He made quick work of the boxes. They weren't neat, and tidy like they were supposed to be...and they'd probly lose a box during the get away, but they were in the truck.

He grabbed two bottles out of the final box, holding them both between the fingers of his left hand, and slamming the truck's rear door closed. He drew his weapon with his right hand, putting two shots at the Italians as he poked his head in the door.

"Oy, we're loaded, now le's ge' outta here 'eh?" He jerked his head back into the store room as a shot shattered the wooden door frame next to where he head had been moments before. He ran to the truck, jumping in the drivers seat and cranking it up. He laid the bottles in the middle of the floor, right infront of the stick ****, and as if in second thought grabbed the nearest one, pulling the cork with his teeth and pounding a few good swigs as he waited for the other two men to load up.

Tag: Pren, Morkai

9. Morkai

Morkai Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2005
    IC: Culain Moriarty

Dillon poked his head around the corner long enough to tell Culain the truck was ready, nearly having his head taken off in the process.In the distance Culain could hear sirens Ahhh Feck!! he thought, Culain made eye contact with the other man and nodded to the doorway, and as Culain gave covering fire he bolted out the shattered frame. Reloaded he stood and backed to the door, keeping the Italians heads down with a hail of gunfire that chipped away their cover, showering them with splinters. Then he was out the door and running down the small hallway to the back alley, Leaping over a stack of garbage cans he ripped open the passenger door and leaped in. leaning across he calmly took thebottle from Dillon's hand and took a healthy swig "Let's get da feck oota here" he said with a a wink to the driver "Oi tink da bacon's on it's way" he said as the faint sounds of sirens became audible across the cityscape.

TAG: DVC, Prenn

10. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Caitriona O' Connell
    Moriarty Gathering Mission

Lucius grinned. All was going to plan. Now he just needed not mess things up.

"Well you see...I've got some dates. Tonight, 11:30, a big, big, very important LoGrasso shipment is coming in from overseas. The big hitters, they'll all be there. I know the place of the deal, but before I tell you that, I want something from you.

Tri cocked an eyebrow at this. He wanted something done for him which wast really a surprise to her, but it made her curious of what it could be.

There's somebody in your family that I don't like very much. Mind you, they're not very important to you guys...just a pain in my side. If you take care of him, I'll tell you the location of the deal, and some other, great info. We got a deal?"

Tri looked a bit incredulas at the suggestion. Things didnt work that way in the Moriarty family. This was quite a tall order even if the guy wasnt important to them.

"Who is this guy you speak of and why should we get rid of him for you?"

Things just didnt make much sense, Tri was trying to figure it all out. She understood that there was info to be had but knocking off one of their own guys just to get it. It didnt seem like a proper exchange for the guy was obviously trusted enough to work for them. Lucius on the other hand has yet to show that he can be trusted or that his info is actually correct.

Tri continued to look at Lucius, wondering what he would say next. She was very interested on why he wanted a member of the family killed. What did this guy do to him to make him wanna kill him.

Her mind was examining every angle but still nothing seemed to add up. She needed Lucius to fill in the blanks before she had a grip on what was really going on.

"We need more detail than just you saying he is a pain in your side before that's done."

TAG: Prenn

11. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    IC: Jack "Deuces" Donahue/ Private Section, Fenway Park/ Boston

As expected the guard served notice to him. "Oi! I'm thinkin youse guys are in a private area. Run along now, and there won't be any trouble." Too bad for the guard that Jack wasn't particularly in the listening mood at the time.

Reaching into his pocket pulling out a switchblade, he quickly closed with the guard hiding everything that was going to happen with his body. Pressing where the blade would come out against the guards nether regions, Deuces smiled unnervingly. "If ye be wantin' ta be havin' anymore kids, ye'll be takin' us to yer boss. Regardless of whether he be wantin' ta be seein' the likes of us. We got business from Seamus." The name alone should get them access to the upper restricted levels, the knife held to the guards balls was simply Jack having some fun. His grin widened, making it very very obvious that he was going to follow through with his implied threat should the guard prove to be difficult.

Bobby, having remembered some basic talks he'd recieved about any situation where Jack went a little crosswired stood close as well, making it look like they were just having a pleasant chat with an old friend. Of course were anyone to look at the guards expression, they'd see otherwise. Not that it'd really hlep the guard any.

TAG: MP

12. Melot

Melot Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2007
    Hal McIlhenny
    Moriarty Gathering Mission

The back room of a dodgy strip club with a thumb-twiddling rat was the last place Hal wanted to be. Hal was afraid the man would think highly of himself, like most informants do, but he never assumed the snitch would suggest the Moriartys do some house cleaning before he continued business with him. Yes, this was definitely the last place Hal wanted to be. In fact, he?d rather be back in the one bedroom, rat infested apartment above the curry restaurant he shared with his cousin in New York.

Hal had left Boston for New York to see if he could improve his situation, but after six months of living hand to mouth his mother?s basement in Boston wasn?t looking so bad. One week and a few calls later Hal was back in Boston and back in the electrician?s union with his father. Few months go buy and Hal is picking up odd jobs to pick up extra cash for a decent apartment. At first, his dealings with the Moriartys were simple- rotating tires on the town car, patch some bullet holes in a wall at the bar, pick up a package from an associate. Now Mr. Fix It was standing behind an unsettlingly silent young woman in a dark room of an unsvory establishment in an unfamiliar neighborhood while she negotiated information with a man who couldn?t stop playing with the coat of his cheap suit.

Hal still couldn?t figure out how he?d gotten involved in this mess, or how he and Caitriona were to get out of it.

TAG: Prenn

13. -Jeb-

-Jeb- Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2006
    Gene Hickey
    Highway - Inbound to Chinese Restaurant

"Listen," Gene began as he flicked the butt of his ciggarette out the car window, "now, you basically answered your own question. I didn't mean to give you a stroke, but, there's a more specific reason for us teaming up despite being from two seperate 'neighborhoods'. It's not like you were our only choice, but give or take, you were our best one." Hickey took a coy glance at his partner, shaking his head slightly with a jesting smile, "Don't flatter yourself."

He fit the ciggarette back between his lips, noting that they were nearing their exit. "White Collar or no, we can't expect a simple restaurant shootout to be strictly reserved for the lower-ranks. We're here to follow orders, LR. And, yes, the Mor's are being a serious pain in the neck at this specific joint, and they're way up the LoGrasso's asses at the moment also... they're both in the perimeter."

Hickey wore a collected demeanor that he truly felt. He wasn't too nervous, especially after an abrupt radio message cut their conversation in half.

"Crzzzt! All Units. This is the New York PD reporting in. Several armed suspects of apparent slavic descent allegedly inbound at the local downtown Chinese take-out restaurant. Requesting reinforcements in cruisers. White Collar scheduled to assist, I repeat, FBI's own White Collar Division scheduled to assist ASAP. Over."

"I think that's our que.", Gene nodded as the transmission was cut, the sound of wailing police cruisers and distant gunfire in the atmosphere.

[TAG] sprintabm, Chinese Restaurant, PRENN

14. sprintabm

May 20, 2005
    LR Cheran
    NYC - Highway - Inbound to Chinese Restaurant

LR was one that always tried to make friends with everyone he met... but already this Otto fella was getting on his nerves, the way he held himself, the way he spoke back to him. Great. Fun time.

The buzz of Otto's radio broke LR's train of thought.

"Crzzzt! All Units. This is the New York PD reporting in. Several armed suspects of apparent slavic descent allegedly inbound at the local downtown Chinese take-out restaurant. Requesting reinforcements in cruisers. White Collar scheduled to assist, I repeat, FBI's own White Collar Division scheduled to assist ASAP. Over."

"I think that's our que.", Gene nodded as the transmission was cut, the sound of wailing police cruisers and distant gunfire in the atmosphere.

"Slavic? I would've freaking hoped by now that NYPD knew geography by now." LR's mood was becoming serious and sour at the same time. He felt for his shoulder holster and pulled out his pistol. He pulled back the slide, putting a round into the chamber, and holstered it. He stared ahead and started tapping his door's window with his knuckles.

"Okay, Otto. Let's get in there and see what NYPD needs us to do."

TAG: PRENN, Jeb

15. Vectus

Vectus Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2007
    OOC: TRIMAJ, I don't mean to be rude, but you have not acknowlegded my tag. For my opening post, Prenn brought me into your scene, and I wrote a responce. If you don't mind, could you please try to add it in?

16. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    OOC: my apolgies vectus, i completely missed it. my above post is to be considered void.

IC: Jack "Deuces" Donahue/ Private Section, Fenway Park/ Boston

Jack was about to pull a switchblade on this punk of a guard when Seamus daughter stepped in. Ah ****, why'd she have ta go and ruin me fun. Watching the young woman who he still considered a girl, and very much her daddy's girl at that, entice with such skill Deuces wondered where all the time had gone. Were I tha' guard I'd'a been gone about five seconds ago.

Settling back, and making sure that there weren't any distractions for the guard to be drawn away from Bridget, he took his hands out of his pockets and folded his arms. Glancing at Bobby he said softly, "Now tha' be a professhional at werk. Jus' make sure ye don't be makin' her angry laddie, she'll bite yer nose off faster than one o' me knives." Deuces found himself wondering absently if maybe clubbing the guard while thus distracted would be an amiable solution, but Bridget did so want to be in control of this job, it'd be such a shame to just up and take control.

Grabbing one of the darts out of his hat band, Jack absently fiddled with some of the fletching on it. The poison no the tip would prove rather useful in incapacitating the guard, were things to reach that point of neccessity.

TAG: VECTIS, MP

OOC: i'd do more, but we need the guards reaction. and your post was great vectus, great first post as a character.

17. MoonlightsAngel

MoonlightsAngel Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2006
    IC: Mia LoGrasso
    Theo Epstein's Office

"Well then. I can see that you like getting down to the business. So here it is. I don't have the money."

Theo held up a hand, stopping the subsequent out roar from the thugs.

"But, I can get it. Yes, yes I can. You see...all I needs is a little time. I'm sure you'd see fit to grant me a couple days, eh?"

?The point, sir, is that you do not have anymore time?two months is quite some time to be indebted with Anthony LoGrasso, would you not agree? I mean?? she dropped her voice dangerously, fixing her mesmerizing eyes upon the man ?I know all of your dirty little secrets, Mister Epstein, it would not be wise to get on my bad side. Excuse me?

Inside her purse, a cell phone vibrated. Mia stood up and smiled at Theo, eyes blazing in a mix of amusement, curiosity, and an icy warning.

?My dear? she greeted once she stood up and signalled the boys not to let the Red Sox owner off sight ?I was afraid your loyalties had switched?? Mia?s eyes turned dangerously icy as a male voice talked in quick Italian. She thanked him and hung up. Quickly dialling another number

?Papa? Seems like Seamus finally let his little girl into the game? she informed the head of her family ?Yes, I am complaining?he sent the little slut into my game?No, I am certainly not pleased at all??

As she spoke, she turned to both men who were there to escort her. It was a silent, yet utterly clear order. Using only her eyes, she ordered Toohey to the door, no one was to come in. She then directed her icy gaze to Roman, then switched it quickly to Theo Epstein.

The LoGrasso princess had lost her patience.

Tag: Prenn, Tog, LordPullus.

18. Vectus

Vectus Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2007
    OCC: Agreed Trimaj. Now that I'm back from the dead (finals sucked the life out of me) I can post again, but I don't see any point posting untill dear ol' Prenn does. So I'll be here, chillin'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.