main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV High Council Election!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MoronDude, Jan 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    It has been a week since I stated that we were looking for members interested in taking the 5th seat on the High Council vacated by Acthar_Sm-Ith. In that time, two members contacted me showing interest in the position. So, Southern Nevada Fan Force, your candidates for High Council Membership are:

JediMasterRevan
    and
    Luminara_Jade

These two promising nominees, prior to voting, will be given the chance to make their propositions for your vote by answering the following questions:

1. Why would you like a seat on the High Council?

2. What are some changes you?d like to see in the Southern Nevada Fan Force?

3. How active do you feel you are in the Fan Force?

4. Come up with an event of your own you would like to see the Fan Force hold for its members.

After both candidates have answered these questions, the floor will be opened to Fan Force members for an allotted time period to ask the candidates questions.

After all questions have been answered, it will be time to vote for whom you would like to see win the spot on the High Council. The Election will be secret ballot through PMs directly to the City Rep, namely, me.

The candidates have until Thursday, January 13th 2005 to answer the four above questions. The floor will open for questioning and debate Friday morning.

2. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    oh yeah sure, start the fun stuff when i go out of town.

3. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    You can PM me questions you want to ask the candidates, and I'll ask them for you. We won't start the voting without you.

4. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Candidates... you have til tomorrow to answer these questions. This is how you're going to get people to vote for you in the upcomming election.

5. JediMasterRevan

JediMasterRevan Jedi Youngling star 4

May 18, 2004

4. Come up with an event of your own you would like to see the Fan Force hold for its members.

1. I would like a seat on the high council because I feel that I would make a great leader of this community. I am a natural leader that speaks well and has many interesting ideas. I also am a rabid Star Wars fan that can't get enough of it. Star Wars is the only thing that matters in my life:p.

2. Some changes I would like to see in the fan force are I would like to see more activity here on the boards and more games for us to enjoy here. I have many ideas for such games and I believe were I elected I would make it much more interesting here. I would also like to see more members here. I would be willing to hang posters around the Vegas Valley trying to gain new members. I am also currently in the process of making a Star Wars club at my school. If it gets accepted I will make it part of the club for them to be an active member here. Those are just the tip of the iceberg of my ideas for this fan force.

3. I feel that I am the second most active member of these boards. I may not go to your meetings but I am for sure the second most active person on these boards, since I have signed up here. I spend at least 2 hours on the JC everyday and I would spend most of that time here if there were more things to do. If I were elected to the High Council I would definately improve these boards.

4. I would like to see all of the members of this fan force on the opening day of ROTS get together and have a Star Wars movie marathon. What we would do would be devote the whole day to all the other movies and once we are finished have it just be around midnight and go to see the premiere. We could all dress up in some sort of costume and make it a fun occasion. As a backup plan if most people can't get that day off or whatnot we could do it the next day where we watch episodes 1 and 2 then go to the theater and waitch ROTS and then come back and watch the remaining three movies. As it may be a long day for some you could go as you wish, but I think this would be a good way for all of the fan force to get together and have some fun.

So any questions?

6. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Nice responses, JMR. Now we'll just wait for Luminara to answer the questions, and then we'll open the floor for more questions.

7. JediMasterRevan

May 18, 2004
    If she does not answer by 12:00 a.m. does that mean she is disqualified? You specifically stated that we needed to have our responses by today.

8. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I said you have until Thursday... meaning the Thursday at 11:59pm. Sorry if it wasn't clear.

9. Luminara_Jade

Luminara_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2004

i would like a seat on the high council because i would like a chance to make official decisions on my board.

i'd really like to do a regular activity that doesn't involve rpg's every once in a while. it doesn't even have to be star wars related if we don't want. just to get everyone together and have a good time. maybe we could all go see movies together like in the good old days...some of us do the midnight showings for major films that we are interested in, maybe we could set dates for everyone to participate in this.

i'm a very active member of this board and post nearly every day (especially when there is a posting jihad...) i have also been a member of this board for 3 years now. i come to all the rpg's that we have during the weekends (even when im not playing) and the fan force events...

i really think we should make that fan film we all keep talking about. it would be fun, and some of the members on this board have great film editing skills that can be put to use...there are also quite a few members in possession of some pretty sweet lightsabers (bought or otherwise) and a lot of us have costumes too....we could even go out to red rock or charlston or something to film for a day. there are also some great locations in death valley.

10. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Great, thanks Luminara. I guess we can start with some questions now.

Here's one I recieved via PM from someone who wishes to remain anonymous:

For both candidiates: How old are you?

11. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    twenty-two.

12. JediMasterRevan

May 18, 2004
  13. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Okay, another anonymous question.

For both candidates: How long have you been an active part of this fan force?

14. JediMasterRevan

May 18, 2004
    Well after some researching I have been a member of this fan force since 8/16/04 at 9:00pm. My first post can be found HERE. I have been a member of the JC since 5/23/04. My first post was at 12:45 p.m. of that day. My first ever post can be found HERE. When I first registered I mainly stayed in the 3SA, but since I have grown away from there. I now mainly post in the YJCC. Even though this is not asked I found out about this FF when I was in the SWC on day and I saw MD's title. I asked him what it was all about and he told me to stop by. That is basically my history in this fan force.

15. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    I have been a member of this board and activly posting since 5/21/02 as JADED_JEDI. however i have been using my luminara_jade sock since 2/5/04.

16. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    reven, on a side note...one of your links has ep3 spoilers on it.

17. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Another PM'ed question:

To both candidates: Name 3 things you would try to change about this fan force if you got a seat on the high council.

18. JediMasterRevan

May 18, 2004
    1. More activities besides RPG's
    2. More games on the boards
    3. Try to get more members

19. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    1. other activities than rpg's
    2. bannar and logo
    3. more fan force get togethers.

20. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Another question for both candidates: How do you feel your relationship is with the other members of this fan force?

21. JediMasterRevan

May 18, 2004
    I know that whoever submited this question is directing this towards me, so with that in mind I will tell you that just because you don't like someone doesn't mean that they wouldn't be better for the job. I will use an example: A lot of people did not like President Bush but they still voted for him in the election because they thought that he would be a better President. I also believe if I am elected I will try and make sure that everyone in the community feels welcomed. I also think that am I elected you will see how I truly am and will learm to appreciate it.

22. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I was asked by the person who asked the last question to post this:

You didn't answer the question. How are your relationships with the people here on the boards? Part of being in leadership is relating to people, their ideas, their traditions, their values.

You say if you are elected to council, we will see how you truly are. What have we seen so far? How you aren't?

This begs another question: What, to you, is the job of a high council member? In what role/capacity would they function here?

23. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    My relationships with the people on this board are that everyone here is a personal friend. 'nuff said.

24. Ekrin

Ekrin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2002
    sorry this has nothing to do with the topic of this thread and i admit that i have been out of it for a bit but when and why was our name changed to sd-1138

25. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    its in 'the fate of our fan force' thread...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.