main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV High Council Election!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MoronDude, Jan 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I'll wait for JMR to answer the last question before giving a new one to both candidates.

Here's an anonymous question for Luminara_Jade: Everyone is your friend? What about your remark to JMR of 'I Hate You.' Will that be how you handle people who you have a hard time with on the board?

2. JediMasterRevan

JediMasterRevan Jedi Youngling star 4

May 18, 2004
    You didn't answer the question. How are your relationships with the people here on the boards? Part of being in leadership is relating to people, their ideas, their traditions, their values.

You say if you are elected to council, we will see how you truly are. What have we seen so far? How you aren't?

This begs another question: What, to you, is the job of a high council member? In what role/capacity would they function here?

My relationship with the people on these boards are good except for with one or two people that I will not say their names. After our little incident there has been nothing derogatory done except for by those two people. What I meant by if I was elected you would see who I truly am because you all just know me as someone who posts here who you think might be crazy, but am I elected you will get to understand me I think as I interact with you more often. The job of high council member is to me a position where the person is there to help make decisions on the fate of this fan force and the person also has to be able to interact with the members of the community and get their opinions on matters. Aa high council member should follow what the people want not what they want. So in short a member of the high council is an ambassador of the people.

3. Luminara_Jade

Luminara_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Everyone is your friend? What about your remark to JMR of 'I Hate You.' Will that be how you handle people who you have a hard time with on the board?

no.

4. JediMasterRevan

May 18, 2004
    Everyone is your friend? What about your remark to JMR of 'I Hate You.' Will that be how you handle people who you have a hard time with on the board?

no.

A very well thought out answer.

5. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Short and to the point

6. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    what did you want me to say? i thought that covered it pretty well.

7. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    To both candidates: What do you think qualifies you as the best person for this position?

8. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    i know almost all the people on this board (and the people i don't know, i would love to meet). i've been posting on the board since just after it's creation...and i've read all the threads.

i also think that having a chick's opinion on matters would be beneficial to the boards success. since there are like, four of us who regularly post here.

and it is something that i am interested in doing...

9. JediMasterRevan

May 18, 2004
    What I think qualifies me most for this position is that I am a natural leader and I know a lot about the workings of this community. I may be fairly new but I am very active and I think I bring something good to this fan force.

10. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Can we just vote already?

11. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Last question for both candidates:

A speeder leaves Theed going at 100 km/hr towards the Lakeside Retreat. At the same time, a jedi is using 'Force Run' to leave Moenia, also going to the Lakeside Retreat, and is traveling at 125 km/hr. Which, according to pre-nerf Lucasian philosophy (but not excluding post-modernistic prequel views), will arrive at the Lakeside Retreat first, and when?

12. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    ....ok....hm....let me consult my nifty little desktop calculator....it says tuna mealt. hm. ok then. the answer is tuna melt would ultimatly win.

13. JediMasterRevan

May 18, 2004
    A speeder leaves Theed going at 100 km/hr towards the Lakeside Retreat. At the same time, a jedi is using 'Force Run' to leave Moenia, also going to the Lakeside Retreat, and is traveling at 125 km/hr. Which, according to pre-nerf Lucasian philosophy (but not excluding post-modernistic prequel views), will arrive at the Lakeside Retreat first, and when?

How do you expect me to answer this question without all the needed information? How far away is the lakeside retreat from Moenia and Theed?

14. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    if you get access to Galaxies you can figure it out.

15. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Do you have one of those little yoda toys that answers questions when you push his hand? Yoda would probably give you the right answer. I am sure he's been to Naboo :)

16. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    yoda?! on naboo? naw.

17. KleptoKlown

KleptoKlown Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 5, 2004
    Knows everything Yoda does. Take too long would both ways. Blow up the Lakeside Retreat we should, need it not do we.

18. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Do you have to be a member to vote here :p

Because Revan has been notorious for starting trouble in the Jedi Draft in SWC... I'm really surprised he got put up for this, but none of my business...

19. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    lol, well what do you know?!

20. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Sorry E_W, but only Fan Force members can vote. And with that, I say:

VOTING BEGINS!

Any and All Southern Nevada Fan Force members need to send me a PM with their candidate of choice in the subject. Voting will end Monday, January 31st 2005. Get those votes in today!

21. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Voting is going kinda slow. I've only received about 5 or 6 votes... what's going on? Also, let me make clear that the candidates can vote as well, as they are Fan Force members themselves.

22. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    hehe silly candidates....haven't even voted for themselves.

23. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Alrighty... I've calculated the votes. We had a a voter turn out of 10 this time, which makes figureing out percentages fairly easy.

The Southern Nevada Fan Force's newest High Council member, with a stunning 80% of the popular vote is:

>>> Luminara_Jade! <<<

Let's all take a moment and congratulate our new elected offical.

24. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    Congrats Luminara!!!!!

Now, didn't you say you would give all the members of the SNFF the latest DOOM game!!!! :)

25. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    yes, for your free copy of DOOM please go to www.iamcheapandwantapoorcollegestudenttopayformygamingaddiction.com

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.