main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive High Devil Sands (A Western Steampunk RPG)

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by KissSpooky, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Red
    Quenlaii's

"I could always finish the job, if you'd prefer that."

Before Ace could reply, Red continued talking.

"And anyways, if the clothes meant so much to you, I'll take you to a tailor."

Red inspected his own injury. Well, more of a scratch. But it never hurt to be sure, so he quickly wrapped it in a cloth, tying it off and putting on his jacket. Red checked his pistol, reloading the lone empty chamber. Giving it a spin, he holstered it.

Tag: Ace, Vyreil

2. Fisto_My_Hero

Fisto_My_Hero Jedi Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    Vyreil
    Quenlaii Medicine

Vyrie glanced at the other man's arm as he rolled up his sleeve. It was bleeding, but not quite as profusely as the man on the table.

She began tearing the mans pants to his thigh so she could get a better look at his injury. "Someone must have got you really good." She said inspecting the wound. She grabbed a pair of tweezers and began digging into his leg with them, searching for the bullet. "This is pretty bad.." She said looking up him. "Might I ask what happened?" She said a bit distracted with her work. She finally found the bullet after much searching, yanked at it and it came out easilly. His leg was pooring out with blood.

TAG: Kartanym, Kai_Halicon, Darth_Vaders_cousin, Penguinator-176

3. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Red
    Quenlaii's Medicine

Red stared at the removed bullet. It wasn't a pleasant sight.

He looked over to the elven healer.

"I shot him. Oh, and stabbed him in the other leg. You might want to look at that too."

Tag: Fisto, DVC

Quincy Shackleford
    Entering Devil's Flask

Quincy's ride hadn't taken him half as long as he thought it would've. He strode into the Devil's Flask, the swinging doors creaking on their hinges. A table was flipped over, which was never a good sign, but he ignored it, and gave a curt nod of greeting to the well-dressed man nearby.

Then he noticed the women. Oh, the women.

"Hello, there." said Quincy, more to himself than anyone else.

Striding up to the bar, he got himself a drink, then decided to make a few friends.

"Excuse my prying, good sir, but would you mind explaining the table?"

Tag: Doc

4. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Ace Wilder
    Elven Healer

"I'm gonna hold ya to that Tailor Offer." He said, groaning as she started to work on him.

"And, I'm afraid you're picking up the tab on the next round of drinks too...and I'll tell you, I'm gonna need 'em."

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw someone enter the Flask, a man who almost looked like Red. A relative maybe?

"So, Red-ugh-who'd ya say you were lookin' for in th--OW--this god-forsaken town?"

5. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Red
    Quenlaii's Medicine

"Well, aside from your aprticular brand of fun, an old acquaintance."

Red decided not to bring up his Shackleford heritage. Certain people found it to be a negative quality.

"He's a proper gentleman, from Riverside or some such place. Maybe even from the Estate."

It was also best if Quincy didn't find him in here. Red had carved out a niche for himself in towns like this. He was a hired gun at a high price, and though it didn't bring much income, what he made from it was more than enough.

Tag: Ace, Vyreil, others

6. Fisto_My_Hero

May 30, 2005
    Vyreil
    Quenlaii Medicine

"You shot and stabbed him?" Vyrie said looking up at the other man as she finished bandaging the injured man's leg. "You two seem to have gotten back on good terms rather quickly." She said shaking her head and smiling to herself.

"And, May I ask what your names are? I fear we haven't been properly introduced, and I do like to know the names of my patients." She began to roll up the other leg of his pants until she reached the stab wound. "This doean't look hardly as bad as your other leg. Does it cause you much pain? If not we may only need to bind it up with cloth. It should heal over rather quickly."

TAG: Kartanym, Kai_Halicon, Darth_Vaders_cousin, Penguinator-176

7. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004
    Quenlaii's Medicine

"Well, aside from your aprticular brand of fun, an old acquaintance. He's a proper gentleman, from Riverside or some such place. Maybe even from the Estate."

"So rich and, if he hasn't been away from home for a while, quite a stuck up bugger." Ace commented, Wincing as the Elf worked.

"And, May I ask what your names are? I fear we haven't been properly introduced, and I do like to know the names of my patients."

"What's in a name...nothing in this place. As I told m' friend here before he shot me, all you'll find around here are Fake names and Fast hands. I'm still unsure as to which of us is faster, but I'm damn sure we're both runnin' fake names. Or his parents has a bloody sense of humor. Or both actually. At any rate, M' names Ace...Ace Wilder."

She began to roll up the other leg of his pants until she reached the stab wound. "This doean't look hardly as bad as your other leg. Does it cause you much pain? If not we may only need to bind it up with cloth. It should heal over rather quickly."

"Not any more pain than I've delt with. Been stabbed a few times in m' life." He said, looking to Red. "Raised by Indians ya'know. Bloody twits thought it was a good idea to give all the li'l kids knives and such. Ever had a wooden arrow in yer ass. No fun...no fun at'all." Ace kept a somber look on his face. It was tough, not having parents. But life was tough, and it had been for the best that he learned that early. He forced a smile as he looked at Red again. "Bet yer the kind'o chap that had parents aren't ya?"

tag: Red, Vyreil

8. KissSpooky

KissSpooky Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    OOC: My appologies everyone. I was hoping to have this up friday, but things got in the way. In the mean time, it's been great interaction with you guys...glad someone's enjoying the game. hehe...

So, with this post, I'm gonna establish a few more NPC's, hopefully I can give this town a bit more life.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

IC: Doc Riley
    Demon's Flask Saloon

Doc watched the two wounded...friends? Enemies? The two wounded men help each other out the door. "Hmm. That seems like a no to the drink. Pity," he said non-chalantly as he sat back down and poured another drink.

He'd barely gotten half through it when another new arrival walked in, another tall man with brown hair it seemed. Well enough dressed in brown colours, though with a red scarf, which had been what caught his eye when the man walked in. Doc returned to his drink as the stranger moved up to the bar, but was soon interupted by a voice.

"Excuse my prying, good sir, but would you mind explaining the table?"

Looking up (quite up, this man had to have been a good foot taller than Doc when standing, and Doc was sitting down at the moment), Doc found the stranger, obviously enquiring about the flipped table, which Doc mused no one had been around to clean up yet. "Well, I wasn't involved, but I gathered from what I overheard that this man who'd just arrived in town, Red something, was met at the bar by another man, whom I believe was calling himself Ace. The two exchanged pleasantries, and seemed to be on the way towards becoming fast friends before they both seemed to recognize each other as adversaries from a past conflict, and decided to pick up where they left off, as it were. There was some mild gunplay, and a wounding with a knife before they decided put aside their differences and made their way across the street to an Elvish healer," Doc said. Looking away, he took a swig of his single malt before continuing, "But not before rather rudely spurning my offer of a peaceful drink when they returned, I might add. I swear, the manners in some of these towns. This 'open house' had better be worth it."

Realizing he was going off on a tangent, Doc looked back to the stranger again, before saying, "Forgive me, I digress. All this talk of poor manners seems to be affecting my own," Holding out his right hand, Doc gave a quick nod of his hat to the man before finishing, "Doc Riley, card player and gunfighter. Care to join me for a drink? This single malt scotch is actually quite good, despite not being the best in the house as I asked the bartender for." He added a bit of emphasis on the end of his sentence as the bartender, Reddorn was just coming around to clean up the flipped table, but the dwarf just gave a grunt (which could have been amused or scornful, Doc wasn't sure which) and continued his work. Letting it pass, Doc put his full attention to the stranger, and his own outstretched hand, to see what the man would say.

TAG: Quincy

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"Brushfire" Woods & "Unkillable" Dorgarim
    Hades' Secret, main street. Near Quenlaii's Medicine.

The two individuals had watched the single man (who looked like he was probably at least part elf himself) wander into the Elf's shop, followed by a pair of wounded looking humans from the Demon's Flask. This had to be the most business that silly little Elf girl had gotten in months. And even that, was more than this pair liked to see.

The human of the pair, the infamous "Brushfire" Woods, scratched his buzz cut head, and then ran his fingers through his full beard, doing his best impression of thinking. "Ah don' like this, Dorg, don't like it one bit. People 'round these part ought know better 'an a trust an Elf."

His Orc companion, "the Unkillable" Dorgarim, stood on Woods' right so he could hear him with his left ear as his right was just a mess of scar tissue, grunted deep in this throat and motioned in the general direction of the town archway.

"Ah know it's the Open House! Ah'm not an ijiut fer clock's sake. Ah's

9. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Red
    Quenlaii Medicine

Red sighed.

"Yes, I shot him. But stab isn't the right word. I threw the knife, it's his fault he didn't move fast enough."

Then Ace started talking about fake names, Red's to be precise. At the mention of his parents, Red's mouth tightened.

"And if you'd like my real name, it's Henry."

The doors to the shop opened, and in strode a bearded human and his orc companion. They were a mean pair, to be sure, and Red didn't like the 'taxes' they spoke of.

"You boys jus' sit tight. The long ear'll have you finished jus' as soon as she settles her debts."

Red frowned, his hand holding the hilt of his broadsword.

"She's got a debt with us. She's ours until we're done. Understand?"

Tag:Woods and Dorgarim, Vyreil, Ace

Quincy Shackleford
    Devil's Flask

Quincy smiled, shaking the man's hand.

"A drink'd be nice, Doc," Quincy said, before continuing, "And perhaps the two you spoke of will come back, and apologize, for the drink."

Quincy sat at the table, removing his hat.

"Quincy Shackleford, womanizer, fan of gunplay, and lover of alcohol. I'm in town on business, one could say. Where there's money to be made, I'm never far off."

Quincy smiled, but it faded quickly.

"Well, actually...this is more a personal matter. But I'm a strong believer that business and pleasure were always meant to mix."

The smile returned.

Tag: Doc Riley

10. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004
    Quenalii Medical

At the mention of his parents, Red's mouth tightened.

"And if you'd like my real name, it's Henry."
    Ace nodded. It was a sore subject, and he knew not to pry. Especially since Red there had a sword, and Ace didn't have his shotgun. Infact, he was feeling vulnerable at the moment. His hsot gun unloaded, unable to reach his ankle guns. Only had his cross-draw pistol loaded half way, and the other in a poor place to draw with out being notice...impossible to clear the leather before someone standing. He was literally left with Three shots, and the derringer up his sleeve...whcih was good for two.

Not good odds. And, he was a bad gambler.

Things only got worse when the two thugs walked in, demaning Taxes. Ace had delt with a good many thugs in his time, and these two looked like the kind that didn't deal in Tax Collection. Taxes...they always used that term...why not just come out and say Protection Money. It's so much easier than skirting the problem.

"You boys jus' sit tight. The long ear'll have you finished jus' as soon as she settles her debts."

Red frowned, his hand holding the hilt of his broadsword.

"She's got a debt with us. She's ours until we're done. Understand?"

Ace looked at the elf, and sat up, making a show of stretching his arms out, which was really just to un holster the derringer. Atleast if anythign happened, Red was on his side, and they were already at the Healers.

"Hun," he said to the Elf "Why don't ya run into the back room there and fetch me somethin' to tie this wound closed." He paused a moment, looking at the two men, then added "And don't hurry back." with a smile.

Tag: Red, Thugs, Vyriel

11. Morbas_the_scholar

Morbas_the_scholar Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2006
    GM APPROVED ^.^

-Alias: Morbas
    -Species: Human

Appearance
    -Height: 5'11"
    -Weight: 96 lbs.
    -Build: very skinny but taught muscles
    -Eye Colour: green
    -Hair Colour: brown
    -Hair Style: medium length tied back
    -Facial hair: a brown soul patch
    -Complexion: medium tan
    -Appearance: average, but always seems to be smiling
    -Jewellery: a ring with a repeating Trinity design
    -Piercings: none
    -Tattoos: none
    -Scars: one from the top of his left cheek to his chin
    -Clothing: a black cloak with intricate red designs of dragons and a flowing unintelligable script
    -Bio-Mechanicals:a biomechanical arm
    -Other: ---

Weapons
    -Guns: a small pistol charred around the barrel
    -Swords: a simple steel cutless
    -Blades: a dagger in the boot
    -Other:bio mech arm for hitting things hard.
    Other Details
    -Family: none
    -Marital Status: Single and looking
    -Special Abilities: a phobia of magic
    -Personality: Really doesn't like people, very shy

History/Background: Just a teacher looking for work, only history is that his family was killed by a magic user

12. Suvlaco

Suvlaco Jedi Master star 1

Mar 13, 2005
    OOC: Sorry, as you've no doubt noticed I haven't posted. I've been caught up in Year 12 work and didn't have as much time as I thought i was going to after exams. Apologies but I'm (officially :p) pulling out. Very sorry once again.

13. KissSpooky

Jun 2, 2002
    OOC: Sorry to see you go, Suvlaco, but I understand. I'm going to officially make your character an NPC because we need more people in town.

So you guys know who these new people are, here are some character sheets for them:

Basics
    -Alias: "Brushfire" Woods
    -Species: Human

Appearance
    -Height: 5'11"
    -Weight: 192lbs
    -Build: Medium but solid build
    -Eye Colour: Brown
    -Hair Colour: Brown
    -Hair Style: Buzz-cut
    -Facial hair: Shaggy beard
    -Complexion: Deeply tanned
    -Appearance: He has a big nose and wild eyes and bad teeth. He walks with a slight drag to his right leg.
    -Jewellery: None
    -Piercings: His left ear's pierced with a gold hoop.
    -Tattoos: None
    -Scars: A scar running down the left side of his face, starting at his eye. Scars from many bullet wounds over the years.
    -Clothing: Non-descript clothing, brown in shade. Doesn't wear a hat.
    -Bio-Mechanicals: His left hand and forearm is mechanical, a 2 finger and one thumb monstrosity that looks like a clamp or a claw.
    -Other: Nothing

Weapons
    -Guns: Large bore Henry rifle, 2 long barrel Army revolvers (can only fire one at a time).
    -Swords: None
    -Blades: Boot knife
    -Other: His claw hand.

Other Details
    -Family: No family
    -Marital Status: Single
    -Special Abilities: (Your character's skills or abilities, including any known weaknesses.)
    -Personality: Grumbly and ill tempered. Often assumed to be part Orc. Is not very intelligent, so he makes up with it with meanness. Despite this, he is loyal to Sullivan.

History/Background: Long time soldier of Sullivan's, he's been with him since just before they took High Hopes. The only other person he gets along with is the Orc Dorgarim.

Basics
    -Alias: "Un-killable" Dorgarim
    -Species: Orc

Appearance
    -Height: 6'5"
    -Weight: 315lbs
    -Build: Large, muscular but not overly defined.
    -Eye Colour: Orange
    -Hair Colour: Black
    -Hair Style: Bald on top, with shaggy black hair on the sides and back of his head.
    -Facial hair: None
    -Complexion: Sickly yellowish-green
    -Appearance: Slightly hunched over, he has a permanent scowl. He has crooked, sharp teeth, and is missing his right ear.
    -Jewellery: He has a necklace of ears, both human and otherwise.
    -Piercings: None.
    -Tattoos: None.
    -Scars: Bad scarring around where his right ear should be. Many other scars all over on his face and body from bullets, knives, whips, and other instruments.
    -Clothing: Wears brown tweed pants, boots, a button up white long-john shirt, a tweed vest, and a bowler hat.
    -Bio-Mechanicals: None.
    -Other: Had his tongue cut out in a fight. As such, is mute.

Weapons
    -Guns: Slightly oversized sawed off scattergun in a holster on his right thigh, eight shot pepperbox revolver on his left.
    -Swords: See below
    -Blades: Large machete-style blade strapped to his back.
    -Other: His fowl temper.

Other Details
    -Family: Still has family left in the Nightbearer clan, somewhere.
    -Marital Status: Single
    -Special Abilities: Very difficult to slow down, especially when he has a mind on violence. Very strong, hits very hard, adequate with a shotgun.
    -Personality: Thickheaded and stubborn, he?s not quite as dumb as your average Orc, though he doesn?t let this on. Prone to violence, but is actually more levelheaded than his partner. Dangerous if he flies off the handle.

History/Background: Partner in crime (both literally and figuratively) with ?Brushfire? Woods, Dorgarim has been the human?s partner for 20 years, and in the employ of One-eyed Reverend Sullivan for 15. While older, more experienced and even cleverer than his companion, Dorg has usually taken the supporting role in their career together, whether out of a desire to keep himself from the majority of trouble if they?re caught, or some perverse sen

14. Darth_Joesha

Darth_Joesha Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    ic: Maya Yubari
    Demon's Flask

"Now careful with that, Maya.
    Don't drink it too fast, or you'll end up seeing faeries, whether there are
    any around or not."

"Thank you Alora, I'll try to be moderate." Maya said laughing slightly, then suddenly a fight broke out but ended almost as sudenly as it started. The males then left the bar and things soon resumed to normal, this kind of action was not unusual. Taking the bottle in her hands, she clasped it to her chest like a precious jewel.

Walking to the door she noticed Doc sitting with a new face. Taking a slight detor she walked over to the table.
    "Hey Jesse, if you swing by my shop later I've got a few new pistols that I' been tinkering with finished." Maya said grinning at the man, she liked Doc, he was one of the few people in Hades that had an ounce of descency... it was also no secrete among the women that the stange little Japanese girl had taken a special liking to the gunfighter. Luckily Doc didn't seem to have a clue, well, if he did he didn't show it.

tag: Doc, Quincy

15. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Quincy
    Devil's Flask

Quincy's smile left again, but not due to emotion. The look on his face was now one of business, and it was that he got straight to.

"Actually, now that you mention it..." he said, his voice dropping so that only Doc could hear.

"I'm looking for my brother, Henry Shackleford. I haven't seen him in seven years, and it is almost certain that he'd be here. Henry went native nine years ago, he's a bounty hunter now, but that's all I know."

Quincy sat up.

"My family - and I, especially - would be willing to reward someone for information on his whereabouts."

Tag: Doc

OOC: Red post forthcoming.

16. Morbas_the_scholar

Sep 21, 2006
    IC: Malechai

Mal stumbled into town, his robes caked with dust, he noticed a small shop and shrugged "Why not?" he walked into the room and there were four strangers in a stand off, he noticed one was missing an ear and seemed to have an awful case of gangreen "Hmm, I was comin' in to see if you carried any antidote... but it seems nothings changed since I came here last, oh well." he he gripped his revolver and sighed

17. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    OOC: Sorry for the lack of posts, folks. Been a tad tied up with my day job at the bank and the evening work with me band. Shall update shortly.

18. KissSpooky

Jun 2, 2002
    GM OOC: No problem Kai, I know how easy it is for life to get in the way. Post when you can.

----------------

Morbas, I don't want to make assumptions on how long you've been playing in these, but I do know you're new to these RPG forums, so let me just offer some advice. This game (as it says in the rules) isn't one where a one paragraph, two or three sentence post is acceptable. In fact, you'll find that many games are requiring more detail in your posts than they did a few years ago (just a heads up). We're going for detail here because detail makes things interesting, helps you immerse yourself into the world if you can feel the dust under your boots, the sun beating down on you, the stares of ugly stangers on the street.

Your best chance for this is your opening post, where you can establish something about your character, about their personality, how they arrived at the town, WHY they arrived at the town. I don't mind your getting involved in the incident at the healers, by WHY, why would someone who just got into town throw themselves into this? He asked if they have an antidote...what for? He didn't seem to be riding into town...why? He's supposedly a teacher, but his first instinct is to go for his gun...why? What happened to him to make like this?
    Shorter posts do end up happening, unfortunately, once you're actually involved in situations, and can't post too much without the other players, but I make it a good rule of thumb to still try to not have one or two sentences be a post. Think of it like you're working on a small section of a novel...it's one big story, and you're each taking on just one or two characters, and it all has to match up.

If you need any help on increasing your posts, look at the opening posts in this game (on the first 2 pages). There's also always some good posts on games like Pirates of the Caribean III, or Xavier Institute of High Learning (to name just a couple, there's a lot out there), and definately look to your other players. I don't mean to single you out Morbas, but I would like to help you with this. I want this game to reach a certain level of quality, even if only a couple of us know how good it is.

With that in mind, could you redo your opening post? Thanks muchly.

-------------------

New in-game post later today, have to get ready for work.

19. Morbas_the_scholar

Sep 21, 2006
    OOC: Okay, redoing opening post, I'm not used to this format of going into depth about your character on your first post as I've been Roleplaying with "The lights templar" for two years and they do not like it when you explain that much up front,

IC:malechai

Malechai was a private tutor from a small town that the most 'modern' device was the clock on the church. He grew up poor, but was raised well and his parents gave him many books, he was the most literate person in the town and he was well liked. When he was fifteen a traveler came to town and being friendly folk, his parents took in the man for a few days, late one night the man tried to leave with their posessions, when his father woke the traveller shot his father dead, he then stabbed mal's mother, when he came into mals room Malechai stabbed the man through the heart.

He then decided that he could no longer stay. He sold of all but his fathers guns and left travelling from town to town. However he was turned away by most everyone, and he couldn't blame them, a scraggly looking young man posing as a teacher is all anyone could see in him. One day he got into it with an orc at a tavern, at this point he didn't really have any experience in combat. It was a sheer miracle that he shot the orc, but not before he nearly lost his left arm. He stumbled across the street to the church of clockwork, there he was in and out for a few weeks. The damage was too much and they gave him his biomechanical arm. Left with very little money and no idea how to sustain himself, he remembered what he'd heard about a town having some sort of celebration or what not, and there was going to be gambling, so he took what was left of his meager funds and set off for the town.

He walked for what seemed to be weeks under the sun, but in reality it was only a few days.
    When the town was in sight he grinned widely, and stupidly he ran towards the town, now he wasn't exactly co-ordinated and he tripped on his robes falling face to face with a rattle snake. he let out a yelp and it bit him, fortunately for him the town was close enough.
    He hobbled into the town trying to keep his heart rate down.

A sign for a medicine shop caught his eye and he muttered a brief thanks to whoever may be listening to him still. and he walked in, he was an ugly sight, the dust on him was caked thick, and he was bleeding from his cheek. he then noticed the four men and sighed "Do any of you own this shop? I think my life is leaving me."

20. Fisto_My_Hero

May 30, 2005
    Vyreil
    Quenlaii Medicine

Just as Vyreil finished bandaging up the mans leg, two more men entered the room. One of which began talking about how she hadn't paid her taxes. She shook her head and walked up to the one who was threatening her.

"Can you not see that I am busy?" She said in a harsh tone. "Whatever you need to say to me see about my not paying my taxes can wait. This is a store of medicine, and I have a customer who is in need of help. If you have no need of any sort of medicine. Please... You know where the door is. I will be with you once I am done with these men, whose matter is of life and death. Not money."

She turned from them briskly and went back to the other man who needed a bandage on his arm from the duel. Sitting him down on a chair she began to roll up his sleeve. His arm was bleeding profusely. She grabbed a clean cloth and began to dab the wound clean so she could see the exact spot that the bleeding was coming from. When that was done she walked over to a shelf that had medicines and potions, all in bottles. She examined them quickly and chose one that should do the trick.

Opening the bottle, she held the cloth over the opening and poured a bit onto it. She dapped his wound and watched as it began to foam slightly. She quickly wrapped a clean peice of cloth around his arm.

"That should do it." Vyrie nodded. "Use this once a day on your wound, it should heal up only in a matter of weeks. And if you are willing, please share it with your friend. I am afraid that I do not have another bottle of this potion"

At that moment another man stumbled in the door. "Do any of you own this shop? I think my life is leaving me."

"Yes, yes. This is my shoppe. What is the matter?" She said as she helped this new man inside the door. She quickly sat him down on the nearest chair and knelt on the floor.

TAG: Everyone inside.

21. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    IC - Dargo

Holy Beard of Zeus! Does everyone in this crazy town need medical help all of a sudden?! Dargo thought.

As he continued to watch on in awe at the weird antics of the humans, a stray mouse crawled out of a hole behind him, the smell of food calling to it. It ran up Dargo's leg towards a small pouch hanging from his belt, where a three day old piece of cheese awaited it as reward. Dargo nearly didn't see it, until...

"GAH! GET IT OFF ME, GET IT OFF ME!!!" he screamed, tumbling out of the rear room into the main area and scaring the hell out of those inside. Boxes flew here, there and everywhere as Dargo jumped around like a kangaroo caught in a spiders web. The mouse, however, had found its prize, and scuttled off before it could be caught.

"Get back here you little runt!" Dargo dived after the mouse, cracking his head against the wall as it ran away into another hole. Dargo fell back onto his behind, rubbing at his head. It was then that he realised what he had done.

"Uh ... stick 'em up?"

tag: All :p

22. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Red

Red stared, at a loss for words. His jaw dropped, and his brow furrowed, Red stared at the dirt-caked stranger and the phobic dwarf.

It wasn't until he got over this amazement that he noticed his revolver was in his hand.

"Right, all of you, just shut up!" he yelled.

He glared at the goons by the doorway.

"Now. Where were we? You were just about to leave."

Red's eyes didn't flinch. That familiar feeling returned, and he he was ready for anything.

Well, at least, he hoped he was.

Tag: Ye Olde Medicine Shoppe

23. KissSpooky

Jun 2, 2002
    GM OOC: Thank you very much, Morbas, the new opening post looks great. :)
    Again, I didn't mean to single you out, and I can understand the rationale behind not wanting to give away your character, but again I look at it again like it's a book. For example, there's a difference between what we as readers/players know about everyone, (i.e. we can see what's happening all over the game world at any given time, we can see what the different players are thinking or worrying about) and what the characters existing in this world can know, only by learning (what they can see, what the other person says, judging whether it's the truth or a lie, are they going to go for a weapon, or just turn and leave, etc.)
    The other thing is you'll probably find around here that most players (at least most who've been here a while) will often equate "short post" to "newbie", for better or worse, so posts with more detail tend to go over better. This isn't to say everything has to be the quote-unquote "epic post", just something with a bit more depth to it.

Anyway, just my 2 cents...or perhaps dollar fifty. :p

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"Brushfire" Woods & "Un-killable" Dorgarim

Quenlaii's Medicine

This was not going how Woods had wanted it to go. First the strangers wouldn't lay down and take it like they should, then Vyreil herself started acting uppity. what was this town coming to when some long-ear thought she could do what she wanted in her shop when these two boys were around.
    And THEN, another stranger arrived, covered in dust, almost staggering. He looked them all over quickly before saying "Do any of you own this shop? I think my life is leaving me."

"Yes, yes. This is my shoppe. What is the matter?" The elf said as she helped this new man inside the door. She quickly sat him down on the nearest chair and knelt on the floor.

"Now wait just one cotton pickin'..." Woods started to say before there was a commotion in the back and some yelling, and then a dirty Dwarf in a wide brimmed hat appeared from the back room. He seemed to do a double take when he realized he was in the front before weakly saying "Uh...stick 'em up?"
    Now Woods was just getting confused. He squinted at the Dwarf...this boy looked familiar, but he couldn't quite place him. The voice broke his attempt at recognition.

"Right, all of you, just shut up!" The tall stranger yelled, a pistol in his hand. In the commotion, Woods hadn't even seen him pull it. The man glared at Dorg and himself before saying, "Now. Where were we? You were just about to leave."

The boy's eyes didn't flinch. Obviously, if Woods tried to pull his shooter, he'd be dead before he realized the gun had gone off...he didn't know much, but he did know this didn't sit well with him.

Beside him, Dorgarim had lowered his head and set his face, prepared for killing. His eyes flitted between the man with the gun, and the Dwarf...oh how he hated Dwarves. A soft growl of anger rumbled in his throat as he slowly pulled out his large, rusty machete from the holster on his back.

Brushfire Woods stood with an emotionless face, weighing his options. He knew Dorg could probably manage to kill everyone in the room...but undoubtably he'd end up dead first, and he really didn't want to be dead. Still, he couldn't let it seem like he was backing down 'cause he was scared of dying. He had to keep his cool. He knew he wasn't letting it show on his face...he only hoped it wasn't obvious he was sweating.

Cocking his head to the side, he offered another cool, bad toothed grin before saying, "Oh, you's just lucky Ol' man Sullivan don't like strangers for th' open house dead 'til they spent plenty o' monies in town. 's bad for biz'ness. 'therwise, you an' me an' a pine box'd have an appointment to keep," he paused for a second to think about the vagueness of his statement before clarifying, "An' by that, ah mean ah'd kill ya."

Turning to the elf as she worked on the new stranger, he said, "We'll ta

24. Fisto_My_Hero

May 30, 2005
    Vyreil
    Quenlaii Medicine

Vyreil watched as the two men exited her shoppe out the door. True, they had threatened her, but she wasn't scared of them in the least. She didn't owe them anything.

She looked up at the man who called himself Red, from where she was kneeling. "Thank you, sir." She nodded in gratitude.

She switched her attention to the Dwarf who had just came out of her closet door in the back. She squinted at him. "How long have you been back there and what were you doing?"

This is insane she thought to herself. My shoppe was absolutely empty only 10 minutes ago. And now, Ive been visited by two men having fought eachother, two other men wanting taxes from me, a guy who says he is about to die, and a Dwarf hiding in my closet! She shook her head and looked back up into the face of the dirt covered man. She quickly began to tie her long white hair back out of her face because it was starting to stick to the sweat on her forehead. "What is wrong? I can't help you unless you tell me..

TAG: Everyone still in the shoppe

25. Darth_Joesha

Darth_Joesha Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    ooc: Oh! Sorry, I should pay more attention. I have an excuse though, I have only slept about 8 hours in three days!

ic: Maya Yubari

Demon's Flask

"Would you care to join us for a drink Maya?"

"Why that'd be just shiny!" Maya said sitting and placing the bottle on the table. She took a small metal cup from her belt and poured some of the elven whisky into it. "Sorry gents, I would offer you some, but it's been such a long time since someone spent the night with me in my shop that I gotta spend it with the whisky instead! God! Sometimes I should just not talk."

Reaslising she had gone bright red infront of Doc she quickly downed the whisky before pouring more right up to the brim.

tag: Doc, Quincy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.