main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY High or Low expectations for Rogue One?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediLightside1966, Jun 6, 2016.

1. JediLightside1966

JediLightside1966 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 30, 2015
    fyi: is it true there will be no lightsaber fights in this film? will Obi-Wan Kenobi be in the film, because from the books, he only left looking over Luke just a few times, and one of them was to help a group of jedi dismantle the first death star they built, was that the death star b4 this one.

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    High expectations. Really looking forward to meeting some brand new characters in the SW universe. Love the legacy characters of course but always ready for some new stories.

JediLightside1966 likes this.
  3. JediLightside1966

JediLightside1966 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 30, 2015
    I agree with you jedimika. be glad to see Darth Vader and Obi Wan Kenobi again.

4. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    While it would be great, it is very doubtful that we will see much of Vader outside of a cameo (like in the tv show Rebels), and I do not think we will see General Kenobi at all.
    Rogue One (a film I am more excited for than Ep 8) will tell the story of the band of rebels that get the first death star plans. The "first major victory" referred to in the opening crawl of Episode 4.

It will be a canonical story. A status the older stories no longer have; so it will not take into account the stories of Kyle Katarn, Lord Tion, Project Hammertoung, Galan "the Starkiller" Marrick, or Obi Wan and Farus Olin-- the story you may be thinking of JediLightside.

You may know this, so I apologize for being pedantic. When George retired, the new CEO of Lucasfilm, Kathy Kennedy, "rebooted" the Expanded Universe of books, comics and other tie in media-- labeling it "Legends" and meaning that all future stories will not be beholden to those works. It was a tough call, and it hurt a lot of feelings (and still does). I know I still hurt, even though I know it to be the correct call.

This new story is one created by the old ILM guys, mainly Dennis Murrin. So, the guys in 76 that created the trench run in a Van Iyes parking lot are now telling the tale of how that battle station was built, and how it's plans would wind up with a princess.

Pretty cool huh?

Hope to see you at Book Club in a few weeks.

Jammies

JediLightside1966 likes this.