main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

High Poly Yoda: Work In Progress

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by blazer003, Apr 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BruceM

BruceM Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2006
    All the video Links are broken. Can you please reupload the ones, like when he speaks, turntable, cloth stuff, ect. Nice model though, even for a free program. I could never figure out blender.

2. jfx

jfx Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2006
    How old are you? 13? Relax man... easy on the candy. As for the model, it looks great! Any updates comming soon?

3. jedster

jedster Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2006
    I was wondering if you finished the 3d model of yoda and if there was any way I could purchase it?

4. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    Well, you can't sell Star Wars models so it would have to be free.

5. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    Nobody could stop a private sale. However, they do it publicly all the time on Turbosquid. I'm sure Lucasfilm knows about it.

6. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    Well, I didn't say people haven't done it. It's illegal and people shouldn't do it, that's why there's the images of Scifi3D models on there that say FREE to tell people that they can get some really good ones for free from Scifi3D and also if anyone puts a Scifi3D model on there then people would know.

7. blazer003

blazer003 Jedi Master star 1

Jun 13, 2004
    A stupid full time job has kept me from really modeling for a while (curse those full time jobs) but he is really finished, just not perfect. He is freely available here in blend format. Just go to blend files and then click on the movie camera above the one that says "Master Yoda Rigged model". He includes all textures and a rig that works, but is not the most effective (it was my second version of the rig, I'm am now on version 4 of his skeleton, but haven't had the time to update the model I have posted.) If someone wanted it in 3ds format, I suppose I could convert him, but I'm not sure how well it would import. I have access to MAX so if someone wanted, when I find time, I could try to convert him, though I'm pretty sure the skeleton would not come through the conversion.

Alternately, if you go to animations and image gallery, you can see some of my other work, including some Yoda animations I did.

8. -OC-

-OC- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2004
    Well I'm not a blender user so I can't check out the model but if you're planing to export it , forget the 3DS format and go for OBJ I'm sure blender can do it or that there is a plugin for that. OBJ is probably the best format for import/export, it keeps most of the object properties except the rig info and it's handled by most applications, unlike 3ds, which is just good to screw up your mesh. Just my two cents. People shouldn't use the 3ds format anymore.

Edit: nice homer model btw

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.