High Profile Choc Walk at Disneyland

Discussion in 'Orange County, CA' started by Robeewankenobe, Jun 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robeewankenobe Jedi Knight

star 3
    This High profile event "Choc Walk at the Disneyland Resort.
    This year it will be the the 16th Annual CHOC/Disneyland Resort Walk in the park resort on October 8, 2006.
    This is a lot of fun and I had a blast waking both parks. Linda and I had a blast and I can't wait to do this again.

Please that a moment and check out the web sit.

The following clubs will be invited to this event.Choc Walk
    or
    http://www.choc.org/chocwalk/walk_main.cfm
    SDSWS, LA fan force, OCSWS
    SCG 501st, and the Rebel Legion.

This team will be know as and listed at the "The Star War Walkers"

I will need a had full of core volunteers to help organize, design, and keep track of funds. If you are will to help out or walk this fund raiser please post you reply. At the end of the event you will be offered a discount rate to enter the park for your enjoyment.

I look forward in seeing all the different fan forces there.
    PS. Costumes are not allowed but T-shirts are ok or funny looking clothing like this is ok.
  2. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    This sounds good. Ocotber, right? I should hopefully be available. I'll ask in the IEFF about this too.
  3. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    I know that Jos and I were supposed to be at this last year, but then our Mom went into the hospital for the last time...:_|

But, we would like to try again this year. Especially for such a great cause.

Thanks for putting up the info, Rob.
  4. Robeewankenobe Jedi Knight

star 3
    You welcome, I got the info out late last year but this year I'm so on this.
    I would love to have you guys there and it is on a Sunday. One thing I was thinking of maybe we can have a costume getogether at one of the hotels and take some pics.
    What is your input.
    Good times
    Robert
  5. JediJenee Jedi Knight

star 1
    It sounds like fun and this year, as far as I know, I get to be a part of the walk. I will be glad to help in whatever way I can.
  6. Robeewankenobe Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sweet Jen! I'm sure you will be a great help
    Thanks
    Good Times
    Rob
  7. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  8. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    I just went to link and the wifey and I are in. we're going to pledge / get donations of at least $100 each. I want a shirt...lol

this will be a great cause and to show others who we are. WHATEVER help is needed, PLEASE email me as i'm there for whatever you need. don't hestitate to ask. for all who want / need my contact info, here ya go: bobarocks@yahoo.com / cell 760-617-3800 or home 760-553-5699.

aboutasith...email / call and we'll set something up. same goes for JF77. let's make this happen bigtime!!! [face_dancing]
  9. Robeewankenobe Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'll keep you posted and thank you for joining this cause.
    Rob
  10. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Has the team "The Star Wars Walkers" been created/registered yet?

A few folks in the IEFF have been trying to sign up but can't find any trace of the Star Wars Walkers.

There is a team called "Skywalker" could this possibly be it?
  11. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Great minds..same gutter. We also tried to sign up and no Star Wars Walkers. So, Rob, could you literally walk us through the process?
  12. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    han-shot-first is going to be organising the guys from the IEFF that will take part in this, please let him know once "The Star Wars Walkers" team is set up.
  13. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    So, is this still a go? Still planning on attending.
  14. JediJenee Jedi Knight

star 1
    Despite what is happening with my Mom, she gave me the green light to go ahead and make sure to
    help in whatever way I can. I plan to do this and will help fill any gaps you might have in volunteer
    and organizing help, but I hope alot of people will want to help such a worthy cause. I'm also
    having trouble trying to register, but maybe I'm just technically challenged :confused: Help us Robeewankenobe
    you're our only hope :)
  15. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    We've already got people getting pledges. Is there a main team created yet? The IEFF is excited about this event and ready to get going! Please let us know!! :D
  16. Robeewankenobe Jedi Knight

star 3
    After day,weeks of planning.....here we go!!!!
    The official team name....
    the "Star War United Fan Walkers"
    Here is the link to sign up for the team.
    The Walkers

Of course all clubs and fans of star wars fans are invited to donate or raise money for this event.

Here is the brain storming time team.
    I think we should do a number of appearances to raise money for this cause. Please post your ideas.
    I think we should hit the block or the Main place malls on an lunch hour or weekend to raise money.
  17. Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Knight

star 3
    the block will kick you out ive tryed selling cds there saying were taking donations they get really touchy about it
  18. JediJenee Jedi Knight

star 1
    That sounds like a great idea. If we do it at the Block at Orange, then I can take the bus to get there or I will need a ride,
    but either way I too want to help raise as much as possible for CHOC. Perhaps the performance and photo will help, but will
    the Block or Mainplace allow us to do this? I hope so. Just let me know when and I will make sure I am available. :)
  19. JediJenee Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just saw Rion's post, but hopefully Mainplace will allow it. In that case I will probably need a ride. I will also start
    trying to get pledges, but do we get the forms from you Rob or tell people to go to the CHOC website to pledge once we have
    registered? Just wondering, because I have just registered under our team name.
  20. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    That's probably because they really don't know who you are. Someone should contact the main office at The Block and/or Mainplace. We (Shawn and I) had a similar situation happen to us with AOTC on IMAX. It was basically dropped in our lap two weeks before it happened and the guy wanted to collect donations for charity. Well, as soon as Universal management saw what we were doing, they killed the donation cans (LFL pretty much had to make them let us come in costume, since they really hate that too).

It's all about liability. If you're collecting for any charity at a venue like that, people could think it's being sponsored or supported by the venue when it really isn't. The sooner management is contacted, the better. The Block still may not allow it though (they're pretty draconian about everything), but Mainplace might.
  21. Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Knight

star 3
    yea the block frowns on it alot they call security to watch you then cops get you for being a solicitor its worth a shot but even the preformers that have shows there cant sell anything thats why Mr. Silver doesnt preform there any more they wouldnt let him sell merch
  22. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA

VIP
    star 3
    Rob, what do you think of this event being covered by the Daily Titan, CSUF's paper?
  23. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    hello all. as team captain for our group, I didn't see that that th IEFF was on your list. was curious to know why?

between my wife, her sister, and myself, we've got $700 so far raised. I registered our group for the walk at the beginning of the month as I figured someone had to take the lead on this. anyways what do you suggest we do. we've got our group meeting on the 9th and i've already got everything printed for our group as far as time to meet and everything needed to know about that day. (paperwork...etc.) you can check out our thread to see what's there as well.

anyways, let me know thanks!
  24. Robeewankenobe Jedi Knight

star 3
    That's cool with me Aaron.
    Rion, Barry....SNAP OUT OF IT! Will yah!:)
    I'm not talking about just showing up or doing something to cause problems at place of business. O:)
    We should always try at least two time before giving up.
    I don't want to hear what we can't do. Lets bring up suggestions, and by trial and error we'll hit our goal.

As for those who signed up...that very cool, do your group thing and we'll do ours. Getting that green is the goal right!

Ok, how does a Pizza night sound? Lets hit the some of our old charities...maybe we can contact Toys R Us in tustin and see if they are will to host us for a Saturday.
    Everyone, I great way to raise some money is just ask if friends or families would like to donate their change in their pockets. You can ask your co-works if he company allows it. But lets think small and then grow form there.

Main Place hosted the 501st a while back and they posted for picks while the mall collected the donations. If they are will to do that then lets ask if 3PO and Vader would do. R2 Mike might be nice enough to join in. Plus, I have some extra costums that members could wear...X-wing, RFT, TK armor, Jedi.

What do you guys think?
    Sorry, did not proof read before posting.
  25. JediJenee Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think it's a great idea and I'm in. I remember how nice Toys R Us was with past events, such as Toys For Tots, so maybe
    they will let us help raise money for CHOC too. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.