Padu, KY Highjacked Thread

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by TKYTROOPER, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TKYTROOPER Jedi Knight

star 2
    The Telethon thread had been compromised. If you have a problem with the organization of an event, feel left out, mad cause a past event didn't work out the way you thought it should, or only post to stir the pot, try and keep it off the event thread. No one is trying to push any members away. Simple fact is most of our events are trooping based. Most of our active members are also 501st. We have never posted an event on PI boards that have ever stated "if you don't have a certarin costume don't come". The gen canon thing was directed to out of town people with multiple costumes. We wanted the most recognizable, simple as that. It was not directed an anyone in partiular. If it was taken any other way that was not the intent. However if one was just looking for a reason to gripe I guess that could have been used that way. If what is going on in the club is not what you want step up and organize what you want to do. Don't just rant about others that have put in work to organize an event espeically one that should be as rewarding as working with the Telethon.
  2. Nardo Jedi Knight

star 1
    I honestly prefer to think of this event as a combined effort of 501st and Paducah Imperials. I would never not invite PI's that are not in the 501st. Maybe choosing the wording "formal/canon" is what has upset people. I am not imposing 501st costume regulations on people who are not members. All I ever wanted for this event was highly recognizable characters to troop it, so maybe I should have chosen that wording. I want the kids to have a fabulous time. I had posted pretty much the exact same thing on the MSG boards. I didn't want to exclude Matt. That's why I didn't even bring the idea up (and this was 100% my idea) until he had decided he wasn't trooping. I wanted Rena to also be included as she has shown up every year, that is why I offered my guard to her.
    If you would like to be ticked off at anyone about this event, direct any and all of your anger at me. I fully planned this event, made it a 501st event (only to get more troopers up here; even though there is a toys for tots event conflicting with it), and decided to make the rules for it (only having the kids best interests at heart).
    I am truly sorry I have offended anyone, but I have not changed my mind on the event.
  3. Valhalla Jedi Knight

star 2
    Nardo - my issue is in no with you. Nor is it with this event as a singularity. It's more about where the club has gone. I started a thread for it and for others to comment. I have probably committed myself to the same fate as Rodan and Lord Treyger but maybe it will help others in the future be able to have some fun in the club again.
  4. Nardo Jedi Knight

star 1
    ok. I just wanted everyone to know that any problems they have with this event, please direct them at me. PV or anyone else is not responsible. I am.
    Thanks for starting a new thread.
    I doubt you are consigning yourself to any fate. Please know that as I stated in my first post on the telethon, we need handlers. Anyone is welcome to come to this event.
  5. pacervader Founder & CR of the Paducah Imperials

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I hope the club will become fun again as well, and I'd just like to say we sure are an opiniated club for not having a single member pay dues in 2 years, lol. pv
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.