main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Highlander] Child of the Universe * DDC 2013 * COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Hazel, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yeah, Max might be a bit Han Solo-ish, with Farmboy eyes. :p I'm glad you both liked him.

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I LIKE this Max. [face_mischief]

And I am really excited to see this new part of Claire's life . . . Excellent update. Again. =D=

Hazel likes this.
  3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

Thanks Mira! [:D] I think I'm going to have fun developing Max's character.

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Oh, Max is going to be soooo much fun :D

Hazel likes this.
  5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    :D Max certainly thinks so! :p You'll find out soon that there's a lot more to him than meets the eye.

6. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Great to find out more of Max's story =D= =D= He seems to have a no-nonsense approach, which I think will be a good mix with Claire's gentler nature, so that she can suffer joys and sorrows of being an immortal without it being overwhelming. [face_thinking]

Hazel likes this.
  8. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    That sounds like some of my Army buddies. We can be separated for years, but I still remember them as they were the last time we met...and often when we are reunited they are just like I remembered them...just a little older and probably with a few more kids.

Hazel and Jade_eyes like this.
  9. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Jade_eyes - Max is a good friend to have. But don't get carried away, this might not go where you want it to go... or will it? [face_thinking] Remember, Claire was in a bad place when this diary started.

Jedi_Lover - I think this is what happens with true friends.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL, thanks Hazel for the reminder ;) My default is mush it appears [face_laugh] One does hope, though, that Claire will have chances for sweet commonplace happinesses @};-

Hazel likes this.
  11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Well, you might not find the kind of mush you especially like here, but that doesn't mean there won't be happiness in it, I'm not sure how or when it will happen, i don't have much of a plan for this diary but i do know the ending will be in a high note. :)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  12. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Max's backstory was wonderfully thought out. (Spin-off diary next year - maybe? [face_batting]) I loved his tale - and the wisdom imparted to Claire. I do hope the last line about rocks crumbling wasn't too foreshadowing, although, being an Immortal, one is destined to see more harm than one would wish in life, I'd imagine. :(

Either way, I can't wait to see what awaits them in America. :D

Hazel and Jade_eyes like this.
  13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Mira_Jade - a spin-off diary? I never thought of that, but it might be a good idea. Well see, no promises. ;)

NYCitygurl and Jade_eyes like this.
  14. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

Jade_eyes likes this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I like the Valincourts. :) They sound wonderful and generous and compassionate. Hmmm. Claire and Max did develop into something, but not anything permanent. [face_thinking] She's learning how to form deep, more or less fast attachments and then to disengage/detach without much heartache if it doesn't work out. I have to think this is something an immortal has to do to keep emotionally balanced. @};- I look forward to her further adventures and new acquaintances. :cool:

Hazel likes this.
  16. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Living 5000 years... I would have to have a much more exciting life than I have now to live that long and not go crazy.

Hazel likes this.
  17. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Jade_eyes - The Valincourts are great! They only showed up in one episode, but it's one of my favorites. If you'd like, I'll send you a YouTube link for the episode. As for Max and Claire, their story doesn't end here although it might be a while before he shows up again in the diary.

Jedi_Lover - Methos has had the chance to do everything you can imagine. IMO he is on of the richest characters I ever came across.

18. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    A very nice update! I really, really liked the Valincourts - talk about true love there! And Methos too was a nice addition (I have definitely heard that name before in the fandom circles). I can't imagine *not* being cynical after living so long and seeing so many things. Claire's and Max's time together seemed short - but, like Jade said - I can only imagine how one would have to learn to attach fast and break away with no strings attached. I am glad for their friendship in that time, though, and I look forward to him showing up again in this diary sometime later. :)

=D=

Jade_eyes and Hazel like this.
  19. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Mira_Jade - Thanks Mira! It was too soon for Claire to form that kind of lasting attachment with Max. She's too young for it. We'll be seeing the Valincoirts again very soon, as in the next entry. :D

Jade_eyes likes this.
  20. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful I am so happy Claire has found a vocation and friends to enjoy. :) :cool: on having musical talent. And what a great time to be in Paris. :D

Hazel likes this.
  22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I hated taking music lessons. I was terrible at it. She's right, it takes a lot of time and dedication, but I guess she has all the time in the world.

Surprisingly my sons have been playing in the school band for years. They must get that from their dad. It is not from me.

Nice update!

Hazel likes this.
  23. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww! I am so glad that Claire found a 'niche' with her talent. It was so nice to see her growing with her art like that. [face_love] And, again, the Valincourts were awesome. 'nuff said. :p

=D=

Hazel likes this.
  24. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Thanks girls! [:D]

In the beginning of this diary we found out Claire is a musician and that she had fallen in love with music very early on, but we still hadn't see how she became a musician. This was how she started.

In the next entry we'll met a new character who is the star of the TV show - Duncan MacLoud of the Clan MacLoud.

25. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    do you want to keep your honor or do you want to keep your head

That's an awesome line!

I love Claire and Max [face_love] Hopefully as she grows, they'll be room for a lasting relationship :D

I'm glad she's found her passion! And I really enjoyed Gina. Can't wait to see Duncan!

Hazel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.