main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [HIGHLANDER] Midnight Shadow 1/1 *Methos, OMC*

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Juliet316 , Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    TITLE: Midnight Shadow
    AUTHOR: Juliet3:16
    FANDOM: Highlander (Methos only canon character to appear in this one shot though)
    RATING: PG - 13
    CONTENT: ADULT LANGUAGE (maybe)
    CATEGORY: VIGNETTE
    SPOILERS: If you know who Methos is, your good.
    SUMMARY: A collector in rare things gets confronted by the rarest of them all Challenge response to the following quote at the Quote_Inspired LJ community:

"I want you to remember me just as I am now, filled with murderous rage."

My deadline was January 17th.
    DISCLAIMER: Highlander is owned by Rhyser entertainment and Lionsgate. I own nothing but the basic plot and the OC in this story.
    DISTRIBUTION: FF.NET, WWOMB. Anywhere else, please ask

Midnight Shadow

Oh he loved nights like this.

Nights when the cool air filtered through the curtains of his immense mansion/museum. The atmosphere was almost restful in it's near complete silence. Only the occasional bird chirped. Where the moon was at it's brightest and cast shadows throughout the smaller pieces of his extensive collection.

As for the bigger pieces..... Well, the moonlight helped illuminate those as well.

Cartier Gaines was afterall a magnificent collector. Didn't matter what it was, so long as it was rare or unique. In fact, the rarer or more unique, the better. From the smallest items, that he kept behind air tight cases to the bigger ones in the bigger, more unique cases. The bigger cases littered down the hall and up and down several floors of his unique abode, complete with shades to keep the wrong people from seeing his precious things.

It was a good thing he sprung for upgrades before he acquired his latest acquisition. Holding that many collectibles with unkempt equipment can be more costly than the upgrades themselves. There had been several priceless pieces in the past that had be tossed away, including one in a recent power outage recently because systems failed at precisely the wrong time. Not to mention disastrous if the authorities ever caught on that not all of his purchases were exactly, legal.

Speaking of which, he better go down to see how his latest acquisition is do -

His train of thought was cut off with an arm wrapped tight around his throat, cutting off his air supply. The corner of his eye saw the glint of a blade and he started to struggle weakly.

"Who - whoever you are," he struggled to croak out, "I c - can offer you jewels beyond price. Just p - please don't kill me."

"You think simple jewels will spare your pathetic life for what you've done?" a silky voice whispered sinisterly in his ear.

Eyes widened shock, Gaines twisted to look at his captor. Looking into those dark, near soulless eyes made him go pale.

"H - How did you?" Gaines tried to stammer out. His attacker deemed fit to simply toss him up against a wall in answer, arm once again around Gaines throat as the dark man spoke.

"You like collecting unique, special things. See rarities? Then I'll show you something even more rare than katanas, and storms, and 51st century 'artifacts.' And ten times more deadly."

"I want you to remember me just as I am right now, filled with murderous rage. I want you to take that with you to your grave."

"Let me introduce myself Mr. Gaines. My friends call me Methos."

"But you can call me Death."

Yes, I know. Bad girl for leaving it there.

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Don't know much about the fandom, but this is pretty cool. Very intense.

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I consider it a high compliment that the story grabbed somebody that wasn't familiar with the Highlander mythos/characters. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.