main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Hilarious moments in Star Wars (movies only...for now)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Jedi_Ranger_007, Dec 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Well, I'm just curious as to what people get a kick out of in the movies. Not the deliberate stuff, but the more unintentional things; blink and you'll miss it, sort of things. Maybe I'll start another topic later for books.

Anyway, one of my favorites, is the stormtrooper smacking his head on the raised door entering the security room on the death star.

Another, is Han copping a feel (of Leia) while in the trash compactor. This has been removed/covered up/hidden on the DVD edition. That just makes it even funnier.

2. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    I'll have to look for the Han moment in my dvd collection.

3. RogueNine-

RogueNine- Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2005
    definately the stormy smacking his head on the open door in ANH... cant think of any other ones right now tho

4. Apailana

Apailana Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2005
    i lmao at the Naboo Celebration in Ep. 1. When the camera pans down to level with the street, on the left side of the screen there is an arch with some statues on top of it... and two of them are horses...

Thats all i can think of right now....

5. Tabularo

Tabularo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2005
    Not sure if it's "hilarious" but I always thought it was cool of ILM to put in a sneaker and potato in the asteroid field in ESB. If you step through the scene where the Millennium Falcon dives under an oncoming asteroid when they are approaching "the big one" you'll see them fly across the screen.

6. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    I did not notice the sneaker or potato! Guess i'll have to take a closer look. :) Must look quite funny when you know it is there.

7. RogueNine-

Oct 29, 2005
    actually.. In I think ep I or II, in one of the council / senate meetings or whatever it is... when its panning through all the repulsorcars one is filled with ET's

8. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    I always laugh at the two guys working in the beam tube of the Death Star. The guys flipping the switches to fire the gun have huge face covering helmets, but the guys stationed IN the gun itself have to cover their faces with their arms.

I theorize that their job has nothing to do with the operation of the weapon. They just have the worst office in the station.

9. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Han cops a feel at the bunker on Endor as well, just after Leia is shot.

The ETs are in the Senate Box in EP I, when they call for a vote of no-confidence in Valorum.

10. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    I think the wookiee tarzan roars are kind of funny. I know they're intentional, but they're stand out to me.

11. Magpie Jen

Magpie Jen Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 1999
    Well, this one qualifies in a couple ways:
    1) it's unintentional
    2) it's hilarious

But, sadly, it's not something you can just blink and miss. You have to cover your ears too ;)

"I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is soft... and... smooth"

Slay me now!

12. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    Some of Han's lines are classic, and genuinely funny, without being painful.

When Han is impersonating a storm trooper on the intercom and he struggles to stop them from sending more guards into the detention level:

Han: "Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you? [winces]"

and let us not forget...

Han: "I don't know. Fly casual."

Also, I can't contain my giggles from all the horrible lines in Episode IV that could be misunderstood as inuendo... for example,

Han: "Get on TOP OF IT!"
    Leia: "I CAN'T!"

or

General Dodonna: "The approach will not be easy. You are required to maneuver straight down this trench and skim the surface to this point. The target area is only two meters wide. It's a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port. The shaft leads directly to the reactor system."

and, of course,

"Did it go in?"
    "No, no it just impacted on the surface."

I'll bet you won't watch that movie the same way again... ;)

13. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    This drives me crazy, more than anything else.
    In Star Wars, after Luke has bought the droids from Jawas---the "Red" R2 unit blows up, couple of scenes later, R2-D2 pans right, that red unit is still off to the side.
    This is more of a continuity problem, and with all "special enhancements" done to the trilogy, George still hasn't fixed that shot.

And I'm glad someone brought up dialogue from SW:

HAN: Get on top of it!
    LEIA: I can't.

Absolutely loved that line.

14. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    Well on the subject of innuendos...

Wedge: "Look at the SIZE of that thing!"
    ---
    Han: "Great job kid, now let's blow this thing and go home!"
    ---
    And just think of what other situations in which Leia could say "I knew there was more to you than money."

15. RogueNine-

Oct 29, 2005
    YOUR ALL SICK, YOU HEAR ME? SICK.

16. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    We're not sick, we just enjoy looking at all the silly little things that go on in this world we love so much. Haven't you ever caught yourself saying something that sounds completely different from what you thought you said? I know I have. By the way, I was able to read the sarcasm in your post, I just wanted to rant about my right to point out the lines from Star Wars that GL probably wrote while watching dirty movies.

17. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Oh WELL!!!!!! If we are going to take lines from our beloved OT Star Wars, take them out of context and give them a hint of sexual conotation....................years ago I found a list that someone had created. It had 10 "lines" from each movie. If anyone wants a copy, let me know. Definately good for a laugh. ;) ;) ;)

18. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    "It came from... behind!" :p

19. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    [image=http://img319.imageshack.us.nyud.net:8090/img319/5392/sw053ab.jpg]

Most of the lines in Sith are straight forward. but when you read the sub-titles...

OMG is Backstroke of the West funny.

Ryan

20. darth-paul-

darth-paul- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2004
    I think any scene with Jar-Jar in is hilarious. I love the one where everyone is kneeling in fron of bos-nas, and JJ is deciding if he wants to kneel or not.

Dork Paul

21. Old_Republic

Old_Republic Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    It's all the inuendo that kills me. "Pull out Wedge. You're not doing any good back there."

Trevor

22. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    THAT'S the other one that I couldn't think of! I'm watching ESB this afternoon so I'll look for more.

23. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    "Back door, hunh? Good idea."
    "Curse my metal body, I wasn't fast enough."

And then Leia's comment upon seeing the Falcon for the first time. (need I say more?)

You want more quotes, I got more. ;)

24. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    LOL! Did I shock people into silence, or away from this topic? Are some people blushing? Hey, I didn't make any of these lines up, and it was definately NOT my idea to take them so far out of context. ;) :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.