main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT HINDSIGHT (After FIRESIDE REVERIE from THE RETURN OF THE JEDI)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hopefulwriter, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    Writer: Hopeful Writer
    Rating: For everyone
    Characters: Han Solo, Leia Organa
    Summary: On Endor, Han has quiet time with Leia in their hut.
    TimeFrame: Return of the Jedi

Han Solo tried to muffle his footfalls on the swinging, wooden plank walkway leading to the hut the Ewoks furnished for him and Leia. The excitement of the victory celebration was now quiet and only the natural sounds of the Endor forest were heard in the late, star studded night. Faint light from a few dying campfires flicked shadows on the other huts in the village below.

He was pondering the conversation Luke and he had around one of the campfires earlier. A lot HAD changed. He slowly opened the branch-tied door of the hut and slipped inside, not wanting to wake Leia. A glance at the mat-bed assured him she was asleep. Closing the door behind him shut out the light from the village fires, but shafts of moonlight threaded through the thatched roof above.

Blinking a few times, Han adjusted his eyes to the dark. He began undressing, discarding his vest and shirt over the back of a small, primitive chair. Then placed his blaster in the seat of the chair and removed the gun belt; the soft creak of leather and light click of the metal buckles breaking the silence as he placed them on the chair as well.

Steadying himself alternately on one foot then the other, he removed his boots and socks and placed them on the floor. Unbuckling his pants belt and turning, he wedged the toes of his left foot against one of the chair legs. An unstoppable "Oomph", escaped his mouth and he bit his lower lip against the pain, then lifted his leg to rub the aching toes.

Leia stirred on the bed. "Han?"

"I'm sorry." He responded. "I stumped my toe."

Leia sat up, propping herself against the wall. "I was just purrat-napping anyway. So much has happened all at once, thoughts just keep running rampant through my mind. I'm both elated and scared." She admitted.

Han removed his pants, revealing navy blue unders. Leia gave a small smile - she enjoyed watching him undress. Folding the military striped trousers, he placed them neatly over the back of the chair. Leia was learning more about Han's routine habits.

He moved to sit by Leia on the coarse woven mat, nearly losing his balance on the Ewok sized bed. Leia giggled at his predicament and placed a hand on his shoulder to steady him as he hoisted himself to sit beside her. "I think I'd just as soon sleep on the floor." Han cracked, looking down the six inches from the bed to the floor. The Ewoks had pushed four small beds together and end to end to accommodate their size.

"At least they're not as little as the Prantars." Leia laughed. "Then you'd be nearly sleeping UNDER the floor."

Han gave a nod and leaned his head against the wall. "Like you, I don't think I'll get much sleep; too many things on my mind." He said, rolling tension sore shoulders. "I keep thinking about how close it was cut to get that shield down."

"But we did it." Leia placed a reassuring hand on his arm. "Just think, Vader and the Emperor are dead and the new Death Star destroyed. Maybe now there will be peace and the Alliance will become the ruling government."

Han covered Leia's hand with his own - "There will be peace...for a time, but it may take a generation before the Alliance government flourishes in the galazy." He continued, "And there is the certain possibility of others, powerful followers of the Emperor, who will still fight to establish a ruling government or a dictator who could rise to power."

Leia knit her brow. "Yes, that will be a concern. That is why we will have to stay strong...vigilant."
    She shook her head, changing the subject. "But, you don't have to worry about Jabba anymore."

"He's just one of several who might be out for my hide, but he is one less." Han agreed.

The night sounds and the cool air wafting through the small window lulled them into a more relaxed state.

"You took quite a chance, coming into Jabba's palace to get me." Han said as he tilted his head to touch hers.

"We had a plan." Leia told him. "Luke, Chewbacca and even Lando. We need you in the Alliance. I need you." She smiled up at him.

"I hope you will always need me." Han said as he placed a kiss on her forehead.

"I will." She assured him.

Han took a deep breath. "That was a sharp move you made, strangling Jabba with the chain he used to hold you captive to him. And that outfit you were wearing!" He gave a suggestive whistle.

"You said you couldn't see!" Leia punched his arm playfully.

"I couldn't then." Han told her. "But, I got a good look when Luke rescued you from the sand barge."

Leia lowered her eyes. "Jabba made me wear it." She told him petulantly. "You don't think I'd wear something like that on purpose? Why , it practically left nothing to the imagination."

"Well", Han drawled, "I did use my imagination on the covered parts." He gave her a teasing, leering grin. "I hope you still have that slave girl outfit."

"Goodness, why?" Leia asked.

"Be a great outfit for our honeymoon." Han reasoned.

Leia surpressed a smile and purred...."Sure, I'll wear it for you."

Han perked up at that and faced her..

"Just as soon as you get yourself a slave boy outfit." She said, wiggling her eyebrows at him.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hopefulwriter - I love these viggies of yours like anything. :D The warmth and easy teasing between them. Thank you for sharing. @};- [:D]

3. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    Great little vig! And that last line! [face_laugh] Fair is fair, after all!

4. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I thought I had replied to this, but I didn't? Looks like I'm finally losing it.

As per Nu-Canon, I understand that Han and Leia got married shortly after, which makes the story extra-interesting and the implications are naughty, in a good way. ;) But the way you're describing it here, it's fairy-tale-like and so naturally continuing onto the Snow White feel that Ewoks' treatment of Leia was implying. Here' she and Han are to sleep on many little bunks. And, since they are genuinely in love with each other, I'm sure that this won't be an obstacle. True love conquers everything. And includes the kind of teasing that they have going on at the end of the story!

And I'm a sucker for any given description of the Bright Tree Village. At night, with campfires dying...you have painted such a beautiful picture of it. [face_love]