Hindsight is always 20/20....Offseason mistakes

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Jello4Prez, Dec 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jello4Prez Jedi Knight

star 1
    What were some of the biggest mistakes made in the past couple of years by your team?
  2. Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost

star 7
    Russ Ortiz.

He went 5-16 in a little over one season as a Diamondback. He had a 7.00 ERA, walked 87 batters and only struck out 67.

Worst. offseason move. ever.
  3. Jello4Prez Jedi Knight

star 1
    I remeber how bummed I was when the Giants lost him. He then went to the Braves. Funny thing is, we traded him for this wunderkid who was supposed to be the next Maddux. He's not even with us any more.

Jose Cruz Jr. for the Giants.

Brett Favre for the Packers.

Seriously though, Jamal Reynolds. #10 in the first round. Jamal who?
  4. DarthIntegral Streak for the Colors Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    Duce Staley. This is why the Stillers don't sign free agents. Minus the undrafted variety.

Guillermo Mota. Stupid roided up reliever.
  5. heels1785 Community Manager & JD Commish

Manager
    star 6
    Kevin Brown to New York. [face_frustrated]
  6. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Choosing Mario Williams before Vince Young or Reggie Bush, was a very big mistake for the Houston Texans.
  7. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    The Texans are making progress though. (Of course they had no where to go but up) I don't think either of those players would've fit with the Texans.

Also, Farve is not the entire reason the Packers keep losing. The whole team is bad, a new, younger QB would not have made a difference.
  8. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 8
    Dan Snyder hiring Al Saunders as offensive coordinator. He's certainly 'offensive' :mad:
  9. heels1785 Community Manager & JD Commish

Manager
    star 6
    Yes, because Saunders was so terrible in St. Louis molding the Greatest Show on Turf, and then heading the NFL's most prolific offense in Kansas City from 2002-05 as well.

Perhaps your response should read "Dan Snyder not hiring any decent linemen or getting a good quarterback to replace Mark Brunell, who has the arm strength of an eight year old." :)

Give Saunders talent, and I promise you, you'll be better. It's not like he just got dumb this year.
  10. MandaloreYak Force Ghost

star 5
    Excellent, Juliet. Though I can't say I saw hiring Al as a bad thing when it happened, it certainly has not been successful. My season went like this:

Phase 1: Excitement at seeing my playoff-bound Skins
    Phase 2: Sadness at watching my sorry Skins
    Now Phase 3: Comedy, cause we're a sadly funny team.

And YEAH HEELS

AL SAUNDERS???

Mario Williams was a smart move. I never wanted the Texans to get...

REGGIE BUSH???

But I think once again, the worst-offseason-moves award goes to De OAKLAND R- (they don't deserve their full name)
    AARON BROOKS???
    NOT DRAFTING A QB???
  11. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Dan Kolb for the Braves. Funny, he got traded straight back to the Brewers the next offseason, for a guy who I think was waived and never heard from again.
  12. New_York_Jedi Force Ghost

star 6
    Every thing the sox have done since winning the world series.
  13. Drew_Atreides Force Ghost

star 5
    The Detroit Pistons drafting Darko Milicic.

I still think Darko has a future in this league, but he was COMPLETELY mishandled by Larry Brown, and then along came Flip Saunders who did more of the same.

We could have had: Chris Bosh, Dwayne Wade or Carmelo Anthony.

For the most part i was a big fan of the moves that Joe Dumars has made, but man they REALLY botched the Darko deal.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.