main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Hips Don't Lie [post ROTJ, Shira Brie, songvig] qualified for the Awards

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Maggy, Apr 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Title: Hips Don?t Lie
    Author: Maggy
    Character: Shira Brie/Lumiya
    Genre: song vig
    Timeframe: post ROTJ

[SW belongs to George Lucas, I only play with it.
    The song ?Hips Don?t Lie? belongs to Shakira

A big thank you to my beta [:D] You are the best :D ]

Hips Don't Lie

She was sitting quietly in her chamber ? really a refurbished storage room, brightly lit and a mirror fixed on the wall for the perfect make up, a chair and a small wardrobe for the costumes and outfits.

Normally she shared it with three other girls but she had kicked them out, much to their dismay.

It didn?t bother her.

It never did.

If she was lucky it would be her last night in this establishment, her last dance before she could return home.

Her eyes narrowed. The reflection of the mirror starred at her. Hard.

Home.

She had lost her home a long time ago if she ever had one in the first place ? she couldn?t really remember.

Her contact had promised that her target would be sitting among today?s audience. The man would be recognized easily ? he would be sitting in a crowed of bodyguards.

The woman checked her appearance again. Appearance was a major part of her job.

Her flame red hair was hanging loose in wild curls and framing her face. The make up and synthflesh covered her face perfectly not even her sharp eyes could make out the outlines of it nor hints of the scars, received years ago during a space fight.

You have a job to do!

She opened the bottom of her jar. Two tiny sprays fell out, one red one blue.

The woman took the blue one and sprayed a thin layer of it on her right hand. She didn?t miss a part of her palm. It would be fatal to her. Then she waited for some seconds, letting it dry. Her fingers flexed to test the film. It didn?t break.

The latex skin would protect her from the poison.

The red head took the other tube and repeated the spraying.

Her weapon was now ready.

Ladies up in here tonight

The announcer outside started with his usual yell.

No fighting!
    No fighting!

It had started.

She rose from her chair, the cape falling over her shoulders hiding her whole body from prying eyes.

No fighting!
    No fighting!

Shira, Shira

The crowed already chanted her name.

She opened the door and walked briskly down the corridor toward the stage. On her way she had to push the other girls aside. They yelled at her, cursed and muttered.

Shira ignored them as always. The women were not worth to be considered in any way.

After nearly two weeks in this establishment she had already her regulars, guests coming to just see her dance in the hope of more.

This cover was the easiest way for her to get to her target. The atmosphere was heated up, the drinks and cocktails were emptied fast and refilled even faster. Even more important he was a regular costomer.

The bellowing voice of Timbol, the announcer, continued praising her abilities.

I never really knew that she could dance like this
    She makes a man want to speak ?

The end of the sentence was swallowed by the yells of the audience.

Shira, Shira

That was her call. She slipped through the curtains, her body swinging already to the music.

Oh baby when you talk like that
    You make a woman go mad
    So be wise and keep on
    Reading the signs of my body

Dancing was like a natural thing for her. Fighting and dancing. Both were nearly the same just had a different outcome. Eventually.

Shira stepped over the stage, swinging and circling. The cape billowed, raveling a booted leg, an arm, only to hide it again after some seconds.

And I'm on tonight
    You know my hips don't lie

Her cape fell from her shoulders, showing her tight black skirt

2. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Where did this Timbol come from?

Naughty Lumiya...yet it is more than plausible that she would be pleased to kill!!!!!

3. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    Shira was gone and was once again replaced by Lumiya, Dark Lady of the Sith.

Unnoticed she vanished into the darkness.

Her home.

:eek:

Chilling final lines there, Mags!

This was a great songvig! :) I really loved the choice of song in this...it's actually one that's doing the rounds on my iPod at the moment :D

Really enjoyed this! Great job! =D=

Ant.
    ]-}

4. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    This was really good. I liked the heartlessness of Shira, typical for a Sith assassin. And after reading about how she donned synthflesh to look Hapan in Exile, I can see her doing something like this.

Great job!!!
    =D=

FL @};-

5. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
    Wow, I'm impressed at how seamlessly you wove the lyrics into the story. :eek: The announcer was a great device for making even the filler lyrics have meaning, and I loved the substitution of Shira for Shakira. ;) The assassination was very believable, and it made for a very enjoyable viggie. Great job! =D= :D

6. Durell

Durell Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2005
    so,

again with internet and a well-earned comment for my favorite mookiee. first, I was not sure if it worked with such a song, but you did very well. I'm still amazed that you are able to write such evil little things, nice girl that you are. ;) (yes, that is a compliment, in case you're wondering)

7. furrylittlebantha

furrylittlebantha Jedi Master star 3

Dec 2, 2005
    I liked this. I'm not familiar with Shira's character, but this painted her very vividly. She seems to be a very driven woman, much darker and harder-edged than Mara Jade. The song was incorporated seamlessly, too. Good job!

8. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    iamobiwan1970:

Where did this Timbol come from?

Timbol? He is the owner of the bar, an OC

Naughty Lumiya...yet it is more than plausible that she would be pleased to kill!!!!!

Yeah very naughty girl! :D
    Glad you like :)

Ant:

? :eek: ?

I shocked you? :p

Chilling final lines there, Mags!

[face_blush] thanks :D

This was a great songvig! :) I really loved the choice of song in this...it's actually one that's doing the rounds on my iPod at the moment :D

Yeah I asked a friend lately if he would have the song :p
    Maybe because it was turning me crazy since I heard it all the time in my head ? meanwhile I have a new song that drives me crazy ? maybe it turns also into a ?fic? :p
    Glad you like

Really enjoyed this! Great job! =D=

[face_blush] :D thank you

Flowerlady:

This was really good. I liked the heartlessness of Shira, typical for a Sith assassin. And after reading about how she donned synthflesh to look Hapan in Exile, I can see her doing something like this.

Exile was somehow the reason why I picked synthflesh ;)
    And yeah, she is heartless

Great job!!! =D=

Glad you like :D

Emerald_Lady:

Wow, I'm impressed at how seamlessly you wove the lyrics into the story. :eek:

[face_blush] :D glad you think so

The announcer was a great device for making even the filler lyrics have meaning, and I loved the substitution of Shira for Shakira. ;) The assassination was very believable, and it made for a very enjoyable viggie. Great job! =D= :D

Thank you for your kind words
    And yeah it was one of the reasons to pick Shira over Lumiya

Durell

Hallo Süße

so,

again with internet and a well-earned comment for my favorite mookiee. first,

That with the internet was a joke, aye? It?s still not working? :p

I was not sure if it worked with such a song, but you did very well. I'm still amazed that you are able to write such evil little things, nice girl that you are. ;) (yes, that is a compliment, in case you're wondering)

Darn, it did not work to convince you into believing I?m evil then? *shrugs*
    Glad you like, Süße :D

furrylittlebantha

I liked this. I'm not familiar with Shira's character, but this painted her very vividly.

I?m not really either but after a bit research I thought it would fit to her

She seems to be a very driven woman, much darker and harder-edged than Mara Jade. The song was incorporated seamlessly, too. Good job!

Thank you :D

Thank you all for reading

Mags

9. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    Oh Maggy, this was really great!

Um. More to come later, this is just really a placeholder.

10. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    [face_laugh] Very nice! I clicked because of the song. I really enjoyed this and I can't help wondering if the original Shikira also does Dark Jedi Assassin on the sidelines. ;)

You might need to check this out. I think your beta left this in: I wonder about this ? but it?s a question of plot, not grammar. We?ll talk later?

11. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Sporky:

Oh Maggy, this was really great!

Um. More to come later, this is just really a placeholder.

[face_dancing] take you time
    *wonders when later might me* :p

leia_naberrie:

[face_laugh] Very nice! I clicked because of the song. I really enjoyed this and I can't help wondering if the original Shikira also does Dark Jedi Assassin on the sidelines. ;)

LOL eventually?
    Glad you liked :D

You might need to check this out. I think your beta left this in: I wonder about this ? but it?s a question of plot, not grammar. We?ll talk later?

[face_blush] it was not the fault of my beta, it was my own ? maybe I should have reread a second time to spot all
    And it?s fixed now!
    Thank you for telling me :)

- Mags

12. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    thanks for the nominations [:D]
    I'm honoured [face_blush]

[:D] Thank you all [:D]

13. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    I want to say thanks to anyone who nominated this litte songfic in the Fan Fiction Awards. I'm more than honoured [face_blush]

[:D] [:D] [:D]

Thank you!!

14. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007

Wow.

That was fabulous. =D= When I saw the song this fic was based off of, I was in disbelief. I thought it was impossible to write a fic off of such a shallow, dancing song. But, Maggy, you have. =D= This is brilliant. Every time I hear that song, I get a smile on my face, and think of the infamous Shira Brie. :D As I already said, this was amazing.

15. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    Rad. Totally rad. Speaking as a man, I'd be entranced, too, if Sh(ak)ira was giving me that sort of attention during her dance routine. Seriously, I don't much get into songfics, because it's usually too jarring to see a bit of real world pop culture in the context of a story, but this one is excellent. Putting Lumiya undercover as a pop star made the song and its lyrics an integral part of the story, rather than an intruder to its fantastical world.

Anyone who can write a good, creepy story AND make me daydream of Shakira at the same time deserves tons of credit. Very, very well done.

16. EvieSolo

EvieSolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2005
    I'm guessing the outcome here will be the same, though. ;)

Really, really good!
    Didn't even have any of my favortie characters in it and I still enjoyed it. :eek: ;)

This reminded me of how similar Shira and Mara are. I guess Luke really does have one particular type, huh? Little sicko. ;) :p

I'm repeating what the others have said already, but you incorporated the song really well here and it's not a typical song I'd connect with SW. :) =D=

So, what was the other song you were talking about above? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.