main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga His Consequence (Queen Quote H/L Roulette challenge response, ESB missing moments)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sara_Kenobi, Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Title: His Consequence
    Summary: Some missing moments during ESB. My quote and song is 11. Anywhere you go, I?ll be right behind you...
    Song: You take my breath away (Mercury, A Day at the Races, 1976)
    Notes: Written for the Queen Quote H/L Roulette challenge
    Author: Sara Kenobi

"I can't believe I let you talk me into coming to this place. We clearly can't trust him, and now we depend on him to keep us
    safe," Princess Leia Organa scowled darkly, turning all of her regal baring down upon the man sitting on the sofa inside of the perfect furnished Suite assigned to her by Lando Calrissian.

Han Solo almost appeared as if he was going to chuckle away her concern, then seemed to stop and think better of it upon
    meeting her dark eyes with his own.

Solo instead smiled that grin that was one day going to drive her insane with rocketing emotions; he then stood up and gently took her small hands into his own larger pair.

Her gaze slowly connected with his own, and that heat she had felt back on the Hoth base threatened to take hold of her once
    again for this man.

Leia was not completely naive in the ways of men, and romance, but she knew this one was going to mean a galaxy of trouble for her some day.

The Princess was slowly, surely, beginning to admit that all to herself in her most private thoughts.

Those kisses they shared on the way to Bespin had made it all very clear. She wanted him as much as he wanted her.

There was nothing to deny anymore.

"Hey, sweetheart, I trust em'."

"That's what has me afraid."

Han grinned again that devastating boyish grin that melted her heart with warp speed.

Leia allowed him a begrudging smile of her own as he leaned down again to kiss her softly. It was a kiss of meaning, of promise, of everything.

"You don't have to worry about anything, Leia," Han tried to soothe away her concerns again. "Anywhere you go, I?ll be right behind you."

"I'm going to hold you to that, Captain," Leia smiled sincerely at his words of comfort. "And me, too."

The new would-be lovers embraced, beaming in the light of new love, both wondering what had taken them both so long to get
    to this place, and this time.

"Where do you think we'll go from here, Leia?"

"What?"

Was he really thinking of that far ahead for them? It gave her a rush of excitement.

It was really something special to the Captain as it was to herself.

She had held secret fears that this would be something that would pass for him in time if she admitted how she felt.

Love was something not experienced for those that were brought up to put others before themselves as clearly as they breathed air.

Leia had been raised from a very early age for the role she lived now with her life, taught of system rule and command as easily as she had been taught how to speak basic.

"You're really serious about this, aren't you? About us?"

It was the weakest of whispers for fear he'd laugh and say no.

"If we make it out of here alive, Princess, I really want to think that there's gonna be an us.
    I'm tired of the games, I'm tired of fighting away what I really want. It's you, if you'll have me, Leia."

Her heart soared, overwhelming the Princess to near tears. Leia reached out, touching his face, pulling his face to her own for a deep kiss.

"I'll take that's a yes." He said with his usual teasing tone once again.

"You can take anything that you want, please just don't break my heart if you take it."

"You got it, Princess, and more."

The new would-be lovers embraced once more, never wanting to let go, and soon after wards they fell asleep in each others
    arms.

"You'll have them, Lord Vader," Calrissian commented with some urgency. "However, may I request something in return for
    my services?"

Darth Vader's black masked skull snapped to attention. This was not a question that he wanted to be asked.

That was for complete certain. Lando's lips twitched noticeably before he spoke again. The corridor out

2. LASOS

LASOS Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2008
    *melts into a puddle of mush on the floor*

That was so sweet! The scene reminded me of the scene in the suite on Bespin that was edited out of ESB and replaced, but I love that you took it one step further and got them talking about their futures. Nice to see Han commit.

Also, the scene with Lando provided very interesting insight into his character. During this time it's hard not to think about him as anything other than a backstabbing jerk, but I like that you have him planning rescues in advance. Makes me like him a little more.

Wonderful job!=D=

3. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Nice little H/L interlude before the horrors of Bespin started! [face_worried]

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Very well done and sweet. :) =D=

5. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Thanks very much! I was a bit nervous about writing this. It's my first attempt at strait H/L in quite some time. [:D] :)

Bespin is one of my favorite events in SW history for Han and Leia. They did go through a lot during that point in time. :)

Thanks very much! :)

Thanks everyone for the replies, they're much appreciated. [:D] :)

6. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Awwww, that was so sweet, even if we know what was coming up... =D=

7. LittleCat

LittleCat Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2008
    That was a GREAT challenge response, Sara_Kenobi!! =D= I love little missing scenes such as this one, and you worked your lyrical quote in fabulously! Good job!

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, very nice indeed. I like the contrast between the first half (H/L) and the second (Lando/Vader).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.