main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends History: a Post NJO Vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Morgoth_The_Enemy, Mar 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morgoth_The_Enemy

Morgoth_The_Enemy Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2003
    Okay, first off, don't shoot me guys this is my first vignette and it's set way in the future and also completly AU.
    Thanks go to YodaKenobi for providing some research materials that helped me amend a few things in this, namely the last part.
    Massive thanks also to my beta Solo, for some reason you seem to like reading my stuff.

ah well, enjoy all!

History

Dark clouds loomed in the horizon, the sky glowing a deep orange, promising a large, unforgiving storm.

"I've stood here many times over the years." A lone figure said, their form shadowing a small gravestone.
    "I've stood here many times, but I think this is the first time I've ever actually said anything." The person shifted, reaching to their side and bringing out a metal cylinder.
    "I think I didn't want to say anything, as if talking to you like this would admit that you were really gone. But when did I ever not speak in case three or four words were going to break my mouth?" The stranger paused, glancing at the item they held in their hand before continuing.

"A wise teacher once told me that because of you, because of your sacrifice and that of so many others, I'd never have to pick up one of these again." A small, sad smile escaped the person as they gazed again at the lightsaber they held in their hand.
    "Looks like they were wrong." The sky crackled with forked lightning, coloured in all the hues of the spectrum, illuminating the gloomy backdrop of Sekot.

A cold wind blew suddenly, and the sky grew darker foreshadowing the coming rain. The figures dark cloak whipped around them in a frenzy as the wind picked up and the rain began to fall in earnest, but the stranger maintained their vigil.

"Wouldn't you know it. I finally manage to come here to talk to you and the weather has it in for me." a small chuckle sounded as cold rain dripped off a drenched hood, splashing on the wet soil.
    "I wish things had been different, that I had been able to save you, that I wasn't so weak." the speaker said, their hands numbed by the biting cold and pouring rain dropping to their sides with a wet thud though the shining lightsaber remained clenched in their hand. The persons cloak was drenched through and the storm showed no signs of letting up. Briefly the stranger thought of using the force to stave off the weather but quickly thought better of it.

"I'm sorry that I caused you so much trouble, that I failed you at the last." A sigh escaped the figure and the wind howled as if echoing the raging fury contained within them.
    "Know that I haven't failed you since. I have become a warrior like you once were, a shield for those I care for, tempered by fire, by trials of life I thought I'd never have to face and that you thought you could guard me from." Wet bangs hung limply now covering cool eyes that had once been full of laughter and warmth, no attempt was made to brush the errant strands out of the way, the wind would soon take care of that. A large drop of rain running from a limp tuft of hair escaped and trickled down the persons face, crossing a scar as it did so.

"I wanted to thank you. For being there for me when others weren't or couldn't be, for not giving up on me." The rain continued its warpath across the skyline.
    "I remember the first time we sparred together, you tried not to make me feel bad for the shortness of the battle. You beat me so quickly and all you said was that I needed more practice, you didn't mention any of my mistakes." Dark boots scuffled the sodden earth as the person crouched low to face the gravestone, water welling up in the mud around their heels. No notice was taken as the cold rain managed to find its way into their boots, soaking their feet.

"I remember the way you'd look at me when I was talking too much, you never tried to shut me up though. You always said that speaking my mind was something I should enjoy whilst I still could." Yet another quiet sigh sounded the only evidence of it was in the mist formed in the now freezing air, a lone teardrop found its way amongst those of the rain, mingling with t

2. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    Aw, it's cute... sad, too. <3 Ben

I think the formatting's a little odd, with the paragraphs, but it's really nice... ^_^

3. Jaina-Solo-1

Jaina-Solo-1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 21, 2005
    Aw, I loved this viggie. So sweet. :)

4. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Thanks go to YodaKenobi for providing some research materials that helped me amend a few things in this, namely the last part.

No problem ;) I didn't know you were writing a viggie!

That was outstanding, Morgoth :D Loved the details, the rain and the storm really setting the mood beautifully. I was surprised it was Ben, at first I thought it was Jacen talking about Anakin. I didn't see a Ben talking to his Master Tahiri coming. Was the lightsaber Tahiri's or Anakin's?

Anyway, nice work :D

5. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Morgoth, this is beautiful. You evoked the mood so well through the setting. Several images stood out for me:
    The rain continued its warpath across the skyline.
    I thought that was brilliant.

a lone teardrop found its way amongst those of the rain, mingling with the clear water of the sky
    I liked the way that image connected your nature images with the pain of the speaker.

Good use of the ploy of withholding the identity of the speaker, as it makes the reader do some work, and also "read between the lines" so to speak. :) I like that.

Fine piece of work. :)

6. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    M_T_E: Wow!! [Various Emoticons]

That was great!

- The Imperial Ewok

7. Morgoth_The_Enemy

Sep 10, 2003
    Wow! I never imagined that so many masters of Star Wars fanfiction would read this! I'm kinda flattered.

djcati: Thanks,I'm glad you liked it,I wrote it when I was feeling blue so I guess it bled into the work a little, the formatting is a little strange, I'll agree, it's different to the one I use for my main fic, I thought I'd try something different. Still, glad you enjoyed it, thanks for the review!

Jaina-Solo-1: Thanks for the review, I'm glad you liked it, it being my first viggie and all.

YodaKenobi: Lol, yeah, I was going to tell you but I thought I'd let you find out the old fashioned way :p
    Once more, glad you enjoyed it, it was Tahiri's blade that Ben had and buried with her. You thought it was Jacen to begin with? hmm...from a certain point of view...(I was going for Tahiri herself too)Thanks!

Tahi: Morgoth this is beautiful Wow, seems I made an impact. I'm glad, I poured a little more into this fic than anything else I've written and I'm happy that you enjoyed a few of the lines that conveyed the emotions inherent in it. Some of the lines you chose were a few of my favourites to write. Well,I'm pleased (Understatement)to have made such an impression and I like the fact that witholding the speaker made the vignette that much more interesting for you. Thanks for such an ego boosting review!

Thrawn McEwok: Wow, not just one but various emoticons? cool. Glad you enjoyed it, I was a bit nervous about this vignette as it's quite AU. Thanks for reviewing!

well, much thanks to all of you who reviewed, the egotistical writer in me thanks you for such a boost!

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    "Goodbye Tahiri." Ben turned back for one last look, his eyes dropping on his former master and friends grave which lay next to a memorial of his cousin Anakin whom she had loved so much. Ohhh... :( :( that was so sad.

Very nice viggie Morgoth.

9. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    That was beautiful; a truly remarkable piece of work. :D Very impressive descriptions throughout, and nice choice having Tahiri's grave next to a memorial for Anakin. And, of course, poor Ben. :(

Bravo, Morgoth. :)

JD.

10. Bria921

Bria921 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2005
    Very great descriptions. I felt like I was in the story. Poor Anakin and Tahiri...

11. Morgoth_The_Enemy

Sep 10, 2003
    Wow, even more readers? I must have done something right.

Healer Leona: Wow, never thought I'd have a moderator looking at my work, I'm glad you liked it, in retrospect, I prefer it to most of the stuff I've written. Thanks for reviewing!

JDH3: Thanks for another ego boosting review! I debated for a while about where to have Tahiri buried too, I thought Coruscant wouldn't suit her at all.

Bria921: Thanks! Don't worry about Anakin and Tahiri, at least they're together now so it's kind of a happy ending, from a certain point of view...

Thanks for the reviews all!

12. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Definitely sad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.