main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

History in the Making: The Official 2008 US Presidential Election Reaction Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Nov 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    despite the fact that there are other countries holding elections on Nov4th, where in the original title, or the OP does it mention the date?

2. PrincessChattyCathy

PrincessChattyCathy Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2005
    No need to jump on malkie and get defensive here. He made a valid point a small adjustment was made and now everyone can be happy.

Since he locked his thread I just wanted to say that I hope the Australians are also tired of silly campaign commercials and I wish them luck in their decision as well.

3. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Yeah, seriously, no need to jump on anyone's case here.

4. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    huh? no election currently planned in australia to the best of my knowledge - need to have one by 16th April 2011 though.....

5. PrincessChattyCathy

PrincessChattyCathy Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2005
    Darn it my quick internet search was flawed. I suck.

6. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006

EDIT: Fine, I'll let him be. :p

7. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002

:p new zealand / australia = same thing anyways :p

owned.

8. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I voted last Wednesday (early voting FTW), so my wait is a bit excruciating. The owner of my store considered throwing an election party, but decided against it... shame really. We're all excited... it's like being released from a concentration camp.

Edit: to avoid the euromod's wrath ( :p ), a disclaimer... I do realize that George W. Bush going away is not really like being released from a concentration camp... it's just so very welcome. He couldn't go away soon enough.

Malkie. @};-

9. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Gallup hasn't posted their tracking poll for today yet [face_plain].

10. DarthLowBudget

Jan 17, 2004
    Breath, KW, breath. CNN has Obama ahead by 7 points.

11. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I had to prepare breakfast while I was typing my response. Hence, by the time I posted, PCC already told everyone to lay off you.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Currently watching John McCain rally in PA. I just have to say what a **** he can be. He said that Obama said his "faith in the US was vindicated by his primary winning." He then goes on to say that "His country has never had to prove anything to him."

I know why, Sen. McCain. It's because you were born a white male in the upper class. Sen. Obama wasn't.

Of course, Sen. McCain, you won't mention that. Just go home to your ten homes so we don't have to see you again.

12. DarthLowBudget

Jan 17, 2004
    Wow.
    Incidentally, I would love to see someone try to go home to ten homes at the same time. Might hurt.

13. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    Oh, I just realized why the results haven't been posted.

Daylight savings time change.

14. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    [face_love]

as I've said elsewhere, I'm arriving on the 4th - should I plan to party, or is the result no official until some point in the night?

15. DarthLowBudget

Jan 17, 2004
    It depend on how the exit polling goes, and when one of the candidates concedes the election. It could be known early in the evening (on the west coast anyways) or we might not know for awhile if it is exceptionally close.

16. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    oops. :p

17. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    If Virginia and Pennsylvania are called for Obama within an hour of polls closing there, it's over. Not officially, but effectively. It would mean that Obama has held all the Kerry states, and with a win in Virginia, he would need only Iowa to give him 270 (Iowa is locked in for Obama this year).

18. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    woops... didn't mean to post that... I was trying to edit a typo in my original post. [face_blush] :p

Edit: and I did it again! :oops:

19. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    McCain going to NH to do a town hall in the last 72 hours of the campaign. Are you freaking kidding me? Is this is a ritual where they think doing one of his 'famed' town halls at the place of his last comeback will magically turn things around? Are they going to sacrifice a chicken to the electoral gods while they're at it?

Honestly, this almost makes me think they feel it's over. They can't afford this trip.

20. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Not knowing which election it is is a choice.

21. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    The GOP is in full desperation mode now, using Wright (almost certainly with the quiet blessing of the McCain campaign) in Pennsylvania and all sorts of robocalls around the country.

The Republican party richly deserves the wilderness it's about to be cast out into.

22. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Hooray, the election reaction thread is here!

I'm completely detached from this election. I don't really care who wins, but I'm certainly going to have a good time watching the election analysis all Tuesday. It's going to be fun. :D

23. Force_Chick

Force_Chick Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2008
    I'm hoping that the media has common sense enough not to declare a winner before the west coast polls close.

I hate exit polling:rolleyes:

24. Darth_Dial-Up

Darth_Dial-Up Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2007
    A post-Halloween potential election-night fright:
    [image=http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee118/darthdialup/email_lat_vfc_in.jpg]

*scream*

*longer scream*

*even longer scream*

*hides under bed*

25. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    My country's election is November 8.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.