main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

History of the Jedi Council

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BOOSTERERRANT, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BOOSTERERRANT

BOOSTERERRANT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2000
    It seems to me that the Jedi Council has always had an air of arrogance from the KOTOR era to the Prequels. ANy thoughts as to why? You'd think after so many blunders they'd get it together...

2. Le_Sammler

Le_Sammler Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 21, 2005
    I unfortunately haven't had the opportunity to play either of the KOTOR games. Why was the Jedi Council arrogant in that era? How were they arrogant?

3. MechanicalAnimal

MechanicalAnimal Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    Having never played either of the KOTOR games {although I am somewhat familliar with their storylines}, I'm more interested in when the Jedi first established the Council. In the TOTJ storyline, several thousand years before KOTOR, there doesn't appear to be an official "Council", and the Jedi command structure is far more decentralized, with dozens of training locations spread throughout the galaxy.

4. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    It has to do from the use of full names, see, and the ramifications that stem from such usage. Supercilious annoyance breeds a subtle but deadly envenoming of wizard expertise that no amount of glitterstimming can stone away. Particularly when proponents like Windu and Gallia persist in this puerile practice. Left unchecked, this parasitical Desanning of Jedi Councillors has eviscerated the maturity these upper echelons of the order into indomitable seat sitters. Palpatine had a sithful of such smarmy English air and took corrective action. History has showed the Council in a light no less, you'll find. And while the direwolves howl for messianic change, Council history is resplended in haughty arrogance that rivals even Shatterpointish prose. Kun's ghastly breath alone was sufficient to kill Odan-Urr without lifting a hand, and regelate the preeminant ancient masters of the order like rhino Thon to backseat stature while the nappy happy kidlings manufactured mess out debris. Ghastly, I agree, and no less relevant to this paragraph thus far.

In simple binary, leadership has and will always mirage behind the maturity they should have. After all, what did M quip back to Admrial Robuck in Tomorrow Never Dies?

5. Shadowen

Shadowen Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 1999
    "This movie sucks; I want out"?

The reason they seem arrogant and self-assured is because they are the dozen or so most prominent Jedi in the galaxy. They're supposed to avoid arrogance, but it's hard.

Just being a Jedi in an order of a hundred is enough for someone to puff up in NJO. Imagine being a master in the old Order, which had thousands of years of history behind it even as far back as KOTOR, and thousands of Jedi under its banner.

6. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    After all, what did M quip back to Admrial Robuck in Tomorrow Never Dies?

"His job."

Right? Preceding line is something like "What the hell is he doing?"

However, I have to say that the paragraph preceding that should be preserved for posterity in the Lit Forum newbie kit under "Introduction to Excellence."

7. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Close, Firke, but I was thinking of M's other retort, when Robuck didn't think she had the *cough* for the job. :p

8. Le_Sammler

Le_Sammler Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 21, 2005
    I wonder, if there has ever been a period in-universe where a certain Jedi Council was revered, immaculate, wise. humble, etc... Obviously not the KOTOR era, or the Prequel era... perhaps the time when Yoda became a Jedi Knight?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.