main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hitchhiker (Young Thrawn, Wynssa Starflare, Piett, Vader, Sebulba) AUTHOR'S NOTE 5/4 !,

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Shezan, Jun 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shezan

Shezan Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2001
    CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Her TIE Fighter series? (which i love btw and wish she'd finish)

Yes indeed! Have you read them both? Up to where they meet the old Chiss retainer and the Jedi who trained her mother?

I, too, could wish she'd write more. Ahoy????

;)

2. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Yes, I've read up to Ch 10 of her second one. Now if only she'd put up Ch 11.

3. Shezan

May 14, 2001
    Yes, I've read up to Ch 10 of her second one. Now if only she'd put up Ch 11.

Whaaaaaat???? There's a Chapter 10? I've only read up to Chapter 9. Wherewherewhere is it??? URL! URL!!! URL!!!!!

:D [face_laugh] :D [face_laugh] :D

4. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
  5. Shezan

May 14, 2001
    Yayyyy!!! Thanks, CmdrMitthrawnuruodo!

Y'all out there, go read the entire hog at:

http://www.geocities.com/tiepilot.geo/fanfic.html

One of the very best Imperial/Thrawn fanfics there is.

6. DarthCuppa

DarthCuppa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2002
    Thanks for the heads-up on "Tie Pilot", but what we want is MORE "Hitchhiker"!!!

UP!

7. Shezan

May 14, 2001
    Hi DarthCuppa! Got a dire attack of Darth RL, so be patient... I'm not forgetting any of the fine Imperials on the bridge of the "Revenge".
    ;)

8. The Butler

The Butler Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 1999
    ---Error----

9. The Butler

Oct 18, 1999
  10. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    *tracks down DRL and opens fire with an ion cannon*

-Tim

11. greywolf

greywolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2001
    * lends Tim a hand while trying to figure out DRL's weakest point.

12. The Butler

Oct 18, 1999
    I've already sacrificed my brother to Shara...what would Shezan want? *starts sharpening stone knife*

13. Shezan

May 14, 2001
    The Butler I've already sacrificed my brother to Shara...what would Shezan want? *starts sharpening stone knife*

Now if you could get Aaron Sorkin to rewrite the last draft of Episode 3... :D

You guys -- Butler, Darth_Tim, greywolf, CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, DarthCuppa, etc. are all wonderful... please be patient, a post will come...

14. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    It better come soon or Thrawn will send Rukh after you.

THRAWN: "Because I can."

15. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    :)
    I like this story.

This time next week I'll be in Paris!!! :D
    I'm a Girl Scout leader.
    On Saturday I'll be leaving for London and then Paris with my Girl Scout troop (Girl Guides). The 7 girls are 16 years old and some of them have been together for 11 years. :D

16. Shezan

May 14, 2001
    Admiral_Lelila This time next week I'll be in Paris!!!

Hey! :D Send me an email with your details and I'll give you my cell phone number & stuff!

shezan@gmx.net

:D

17. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    *awaits patiently the next post*

-Tim

18. Djuva

Djuva Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2000

I'll join you in that!

C'm on, Shezan! Don't leave us hanging, and Darth RL be d*d!

19. Shezan

May 14, 2001
    Thank you all! You're terrific!!!And now a little post...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From his post at the relaying comm station, just sideways of the Captain's command chair, currently usurped by that nonentity Piett, Per Theel had an excellent vantage point over most of the "Empire's Revenge" bridge - and the day's freshest outrage, the red-eyed freak ordering human officers about as if it were the most normal thing in the world. Should've pegged Piett for a frigging alien-lover sooner. When he'd shown up to report on the bridge, looking for Captain Corlag - and where was prakking Corlag while all this was going on? - Piett had assigned Theel to the comm, and barely spoken to him except to require reports. Yet when the freak had shown up with that sneaky twerp, Mikam - who'd be made to regret sucking up to that blue ape soon enough - Piett had bent over backwards to ask the other's advice, and to put him in charge. If that wasn't close to treason, Theel didn't know what was. The Imperial Navy had never admitted sub-humans until now, and there was a good--

"Lieutenant Theel, I believe I asked you for the subspace comm report," the freak's precise, hated voice cut into Per's ruminations, cold as space. Theel cast a venomous glance towards the tac station, but hit the requisite keys on his console, having caught Piett's sharp look from the corner of his eye. Thrawn never seemed to raise his tone, but somehow he could make himself heard across the bridge. With a stiff nod, he called up Theel's report on the tac viewspace, studied it for an instant, and turned to Piett.

"Sir, I think Bpfassh orbital station caught their echo. Ten light-minutes from here, plausible vector. Fourteen-strong fleet, at least three capital ships, came out of lightspeed for no more than 200 seconds, had encrypted comm activity, and jumped again."

"Blast." Piett stepped to the tac station and stared at the reading intently. "Looks like it indeed. Where's the 'Judicator'?"

"Bimmissaari system, half a day from here, sir."

"And the 'Peremptory'?"

"Still not answering our subspace and holo hails, unless they did in the last ten minutes, sir. Lieutenant Casrah, lieutenant Theel?"

"Nothing, sir," Casrah called out from the main comm station, across the bridge from Theel, who forced himself to answer "nothing" in an even voice.

Piett's eyes swiveled from the Bpfashhi report to the main tactical holo display. "It might get very crowded here in a few minutes," he remarked. "Suggestions, lieutenant Thrawn?"

Not "suggestions, gentlemen", Theel inwardly seethed. Granted, there was little tradition of collegial leadership in the Imperial Navy but this-- this simply meant giving control to this alien.

"Sir, two can play this game," the other's smooth voice came. "We could microjump behind the nearest system's sun. It's a red dwarf, cooling close to extinction--I imagine our hull could stand to exit hyperspace close enough that our shadow would be entirely confused with the star's itself. In fact, if we calculate the jump vector precisely enough, the red dwarf's gravity well should pull us back into realspace like an Interdictor no matter how far we plot our course. We might look as if we jumped to the other end of the Corellian Trade Spine and be practically here still."

What damnfool notion-- But Theel could see Commander Piett looked interested. Interested? The man's practically slobbering.

"You realize the manual says no hyperspace jump should be attempted near a planetary system, let alone within one, lieutenant?" he commented mildly, raising an eyebrow to the young tactical officer.

The glowing red eyes glittered for an instant, then Thrawn smiled. "I would imagine our Duros friend is quite aware of that, Commander."

A bleep punctuated his answer, and Theel saw the alien lieutenant flicking his collar comlink on.

"Bridge."

Per couldn't identify the chittering voice coming from the device: clearly, Thrawn had turned the settings quite low. B

20. DarthCuppa

Jun 12, 2002
    >>In fact, if we calculate the jump vector precisely enough, the red dwarf's gravity well should pull us back into realspace like an Interdictor no matter how far we plot our course. We might look as if we jumped to the other end of the Corellian Trade Spine and be practically here still."<<

Devious, clever, VERY Thrawn!

>>"You realize the manual says no hyperspace jump should be attempted near a planetary system, let alone within one, lieutenant?" he commented mildly, raising an eyebrow to the young tactical officer.<<

Heh. We know what Thrawn thinks of the manual...

And who was that on the comlink? Like, on Thrawn's *personal frequency*, perhaps, wink, wink?

Great post!

21. Djuva

Djuva Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2000
    Oh YES! That's the Thrawn we all love and admire :) Great work, Shezan!

22. DarthCuppa

Jun 12, 2002
    UP! More Thrawn! More Thrawn!!!

23. Shezan

May 14, 2001
    ... and a little additional postlet...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Commander Piett didn't share Theel's suspicions, but the captain's absence was beginning to worry him. He rubbed the bridge of his nose, considering the tactical holo for a moment. "Hmmm. Once behind the sun, we can wait six hours for the 'Judicator' to join us, and crush them. I like your idea," he finally told the young alien lieutenant patiently standing next to the command chair. "I like it a lot, but I'd like it even better if we'd managed to sell it to Captain Corlag. Casrah, have you managed to reach the Captain yet?"

"No answer from the Captain's quarters, sir."

Piett compressed his lips to a thin line. "We should have sent someone to check on him."

"I'll detail two men straightaway, sir," Thrawn said quietly, "but they won't be back in time--"

"Yes, I know--if this other force jumps back here straight from Bpfashh, they'll hit us in what--?"

"Worst-case scenario, seven minutes, sir."

Piett's grey eyes narrowed. "Very well, let's do it, and be quick about it. Sensor officer: I want a report on anything that moves in a half-parsec radius. Lieutenant Thrawn, I assume you can calculate precisely that jump vector to the other side of the red dwarf?"

"Aye, sir. I'll need to double-check on--"

"Do it. Helm: full power to the main engines, you'll be getting a hyperspace vector in a moment from lieutenant Thrawn. Lieutenant Mikam, I need a long-range missiles readiness check, full-operational in ten minutes: please coordinate with Commander Janred. Let's be about it, gentlemen!"

Thrawn had already stepped to the tac console, keying in data. Piett saw him talking into his comlink, and called up the new sensor reports on the command chair's displays, a tight feeling in the pit of his stomach. There was no theoretical reason for the microjump to fail, as long as it was carefully plotted. Small craft had been known to do it, even to rely on large astral bodies' gravity to revert to realspace -- the Bomdan system was a favorite, because of its star's unusual density. Still, this would be a first with any kind of capital ship. Piett thought of the 37,000 men on "Empire's Revenge," then of the havoc a fleet of over 20 pirate ships could wreak even on an Imperial Star Destroyer. It was a command decision, he'd taken it. All he could do now was trust that Thrawn was as good an astrogator as he seemed to be a tactician.

"Inputing the jump coordinates now, sir."

Piett cast a look at the navputer display. No time to lose.

"Thank you, Lieutenant Thrawn. Helm, prepare to--"

The rest of the order never came, as a booming voice interrupted from the command walkway to the bridge.

"What the kreth is going on on my bridge? Piett, what do you think you're doing?"

Captain Corlag had finally appeared.

24. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Uh oh!

DRUNK CAPTAIN ON THE DECK!!

25. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Somehow I think that the Captain will not be a Captain for much longer. And Piett will recieve a promotion of some kind.

As always, this story never fails to deliver on quality. Keep up the great, and impressive work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.