main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hitchhiker (Young Thrawn, Wynssa Starflare, Piett, Vader, Sebulba) AUTHOR'S NOTE 5/4 !,

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Shezan, Jun 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Leans forward closer to the computer screen, reading as fast as he can and trying not to skip ahead to spoil the post.

GO MIKAM!!!!!!! YEAH!

Piett and Mikam are da bomb!!!

2. Shezan

Shezan Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2001
    CmdrMitthrawnuruodo: Leans forward closer to the computer screen, reading as fast as he can and trying not to skip ahead to spoil the post.

:D [face_laugh] [face_love] :D

I just lurve when readers do that...

:D

3. DarthCuppa

DarthCuppa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2002

AWESOME
    post! I love it that Mikam surprises Thrawn!

Oh, and, lieutenant Mikam -- you'd better make sure the Too-OneBee runs the proper tests before they medicate him. Some treatments are contra-indicated when too much alcohol's found in the blood. Wouldn't want to risk that. Better have it all on record.

Piett, you genius!!! If Corlag ever tries to say he was biffed on the head, they'll have his brandy-pickled blood test to get him in deserved trouble!

4. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    I just lurve when readers do that...

It was a superb post! Plus, its even better because I was waiting all day long for you to post again! I had to know what happened next! Now I can't wait for the next addition!

Now I wish readers would feel the same with mine. :(

5. Shezan

May 14, 2001
    DarthCuppa: AWESOME post! I love it that Mikam surprises Thrawn!

Thank you! I suddenly decided that it would be fun if young Mikam found himself doing things he didn't know he was capable of...

Piett, you genius!!! If Corlag ever tries to say he was biffed on the head, they'll have his brandy-pickled blood test to get him in deserved trouble!

:D Heh. You caught that too. Let's hope it can also save Thrawn from the two weeks' cleaning detail... but I'll let Djuva call that one. [face_devil] [face_laugh]

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo: It was a superb post! Plus, its even better because I was waiting all day long for you to post again! I had to know what happened next! Now I can't wait for the next addition!

Gee, thanks! I can't promise I'll always post that often, but I was on a roll...

Now I wish readers would feel the same with mine.

I love your colonel Veers! Now keep him away from Exar Kun and find him a few pals! ;) :D

6. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    I'm writing the next chapter even as we speak. Things just seem to be getting worse and worse for the Colonel.

Though Exar Kun will only appear maybe once or twice, just to pesture Veers.

7. Djuva

Djuva Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2000
    You go, Mikam! Yeah! That was sooooooooo great, shezan, I loved thi spost! And Corlag gets what he's deserved, although, to be frank, I would have expected something else to surprise Thrawn, but in hindsight that was impossible to happen :) This way was much better anyway! And Piett always thinks of the tiny details. I guess if he hadn't died aboard the Executor he'd have become Thrawn's captain instead of Pallaeon.

8. greywolf

greywolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2001
    Thank you ever so much for posting this wonderful chapter!!!
    You know, Mikam just became one of my favourites in this story. He probably saved them a lot of trouble.

It is a shame, really, that Piett had to die on the Executor - you portrait him very well.
    And not only him, everyone's in-character and that says something! You can clap yourself on your shoulder, Shezan! Exxxccccelent. *Palpatine cackle*

Now I am even more interested (if that is possible) to see what happens next...

9. Shezan

May 14, 2001
    Djuva: You go, Mikam! Yeah! That was sooooooooo great, shezan, I loved thi spost! And Corlag gets what he's deserved, although, to be frank, I would have expected something else to surprise Thrawn, but in hindsight that was impossible to happen

Thank you, thank you, thank you, and what was it you had in mind? I love plot bunnies! :D

This way was much better anyway! And Piett always thinks of the tiny details. I guess if he hadn't died aboard the Executor he'd have become Thrawn's captain instead of Pallaeon.

Piett dies??? Nooooo!!! That's not true!!! That's impossible!!!! [face_laugh]

Seriously, poor darling Piett, I really like him. Very low-key, very competent, a good deal of substance. Much as I appreciate Pellaeon, who's an old-style military type, Piett would have been a far better captain for Thrawn, and I also guess they would have had a somewhat more equal relationship, sharing ideas and plans, or as much as Thrawn can find it in himself to share.

But hey, who says Thrawn has to remain exactly the same character throughout? This little episode for instance should make him change a bit -- making his first human friends after Parck, and possibly winning the girl... although that bit's not written yet... [face_devil]

10. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    What about Lt. Bigot (forgot his name)

I just KNOW he's not going to make things easier.

11. Shezan

May 14, 2001
    greywolf: Thank you ever so much for posting this wonderful chapter!!!

You guys have no idea how nice it is to get feedback like this! Thank you!!! :D (And BTW the other feedback I crave is when you point out any glaring inaccuracies or mistakes or inconsistencies in the writing or the story. Fanfic is super training for pro writing, as long as readers don't let you get away with anything. Especially as English isn't my mother tongue.)

You know, Mikam just became one of my favourites in this story. He probably saved them a lot of trouble.

Mikam is the guy who's going to grow the most in this story. I discover him as I write him, you know -- I mean, before starting, I had a vague notion of what would happen to Thrawn & Wynssa, and that was about it. (This story started as a challenge on the TFQ mailing list http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TFQfest in which the game was to write an encounter between Thrawn and any character of the Star Wars movies, encounter which could range from a simple conversation to romantic to torrid sex. Except that the TFQ has sort of half died -- or is sleeping very deeply [face_laugh] -- and I had this half-written Thrawn/Wynssa Starflare story which, er... developed.)

It is a shame, really, that Piett had to die on the Executor

He didn't. Not really. He got into an escape pod at the last minute and he was picked up by... er, I'll tell ya another time. Really. Really really. :D

- you portrait him very well. And not only him, everyone's in-character and that says something! You can clap yourself on your shoulder, Shezan! Exxxccccelent. *Palpatine cackle*

Thengyewww, thengyewww, thengyewww!!!!
    :cool: :D [face_laugh]

Now I am even more interested (if that is possible) to see what happens next...

Me too!!! :D

12. Djuva

Jul 25, 2000

Pallaeon is very cool too in Hand of Thrawn and NJO, he's certainly learned a lot under Thrawn. As for the plutbunny, you'll see why its unrealistic.

An alternate solution to this situation could have been that Corlag would get a flash of insight and lead them to a stunning victory (don't ask me how), which would show Thrawn that he's not quite as good as he could be, and that he's got to try even harder.

But that's out of character for Corlag, so its really impossible.

13. Shezan

May 14, 2001
    Djuva: Pellaeon is very cool too in Hand of Thrawn and NJO, he's certainly learned a lot under Thrawn.

Oh, absolutely. Part of him has absorbed some of Thrawn's methods, and part of him is the honorable old-style officer he always was, which makes for a good combination. I just love the bit where he goes into the jail to rescue his officer.

As for the plutbunny, you'll see why its unrealistic. An alternate solution to this situation could have been that Corlag would get a flash of insight and lead them to a stunning victory (don't ask me how), which would show Thrawn that he's not quite as good as he could be, and that he's got to try even harder. But that's out of character for Corlag, so its really impossible.

[considers bunny]: Hmmmm. You're right that it doesn't work with Corlag. I liked that Thrawn could be surprised by Mikam, because Mikam has evolved on his feet from being Theel's unthinking sidekick to actually using his loaf, which fast evolution in character is a very un-Chiss trait. Thrawn thinks outside the box at the best of times, but I imagine he could on occasion be surprised by the bases for his assumptions changing.

The same things could have worked with Piett; but in fact Piett saw at once he was competent, and they were working together fine until Corlag barged in.

Oh well. [face_laugh]

14. Shezan

May 14, 2001
    CmdrMitthrawnuruodo: What about Lt. Bigot (forgot his name)I just KNOW he's not going to make things easier.

Per Theel. Uhn-hun. Hmmmmmmm. Yesyesyes. Powerful vision you have, eh, powerful vision...

[/Yoda]

:D :D

15. DarthCuppa

Jun 12, 2002
    UP! UP! UP!

Want more story! :)

16. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Yes! Up up! We want more! We want more!

I did some rereading and I found a good plot bunny foreshadowing...

"Six," the freak said, and there was no mistaking the cool satisfaction in his voice. One day, Theel thought, I'm going to punch that smug smile from your--

I dont want to spoil anyone if you decide to use it, but if you want to know more...PM and I'll tell ya my idea.

17. Shezan

May 14, 2001
    Heh. And now, let the fun begin...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the gym floor lurched again under her feet, Wynssa Starflare started feeling rather queasy. You've always been a good spacer. You're nervous, that's all. Wasn't much comfort. To have something to do, she'd started exercising on one the upper-body machines, seated on a bench while pulling down a weighted bar behind her shoulder blades. It was a good workout and stretched her back gratifyingly, but it never brought her the release from tension she'd come to expect from exertion as a due. Another tremor shook the ship. Someone's slugging us out there. She wondered how they could take it, the young men she'd dutifully shaken hands with day after day, and who spent years in this metal hull waiting to be targeted and shot at. Perhaps they mostly think they'll be shooting at others. What fun.

The comlink rang. She'd left it lying on another machine and searched for it frantically for a few seconds. Stupid! There! She pounced on it. "Yes, yes!"

"Feeling the strain, Miss Starflare?" lieutenant Thrawn's cool voice asked, and she immediately felt at the same time reassured and a bit foolish.

"No -- I mean, yes, but I'm not--"

"We should be all right, but it will take a little more effort than I thought."

Punctuating his words, the "Empire's Revenge" took a hit that made Wynssa sit rather abruptly on the machine's bench.

"Tell me," she shot back, "do you work at this incredibly detached attitude, or does it come naturally?"

Oh stars, tell me I didn't say this just now. He'll think I'm the galaxy's worst shrew.

"It's just like your smart one-liners, Wynssa," the cultured voice said. "I have found it serves me best. But I really called to ask for your help."

My what? "Anything you want, but how could I possibly--"

"Captain Corlag has met with a little accident. It would be quite useful if you could send a wide-range message on all frequencies, asking for help as convincingly as you know how."

She stared at the comlink in her hand. What in stars was he up to now? "You want this message to be intercepted," she said slowly.

She couldn't see him, but she could have sworn he was smiling slightly now, the well-defined lips she remembered well ironic, the strange red eyes glittering. "Again--you understand me so well, Miss Starflare. I apologize that I won't be able to come for you at the gym, but I'll send someone to show you the way to the bridge. Thrawn out."

TBC...

18. Djuva

Jul 25, 2000
    Perhaps they mostly think they'll be shooting at others. What fun.

Hehe, oh, definitely. And what a sneaky method to circumvent captain's orders:

19. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
  20. Shezan

May 14, 2001
    Djuva: Hehe, oh, definitely. And what a sneaky method to circumvent captain's orders:

Captain's orders? Which captains orders were ya thinking of???

[feeling I've lost the plot of my own story...] ?[face_plain] ?[face_plain] ?[face_plain]

:D

21. DarthCuppa

Jun 12, 2002
    "Tell me," she shot back, "do you work at this incredibly detached attitude, or does it come naturally?"

"It's just like your smart one-liners, Wynssa," the cultured voice said. "I have found it serves me best."

LOL! Thrawn understands her VERY well!

She couldn't see him, but she could have sworn he was smiling slightly now, the well-defined lips she remembered well ironic, the strange red eyes glittering.

That woman is *bitten*. Hard. ;)

22. Shezan

May 14, 2001
    DarthCuppa: LOL! Thrawn understands her VERY well!

He certainly thinks he does. He might even be right...

That woman is *bitten*. Hard.

You sure? :D [face_laugh] :D

23. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    Woohoo! An update! *dances happily*

All right, dear, you've definitely got me hooked. Thrawn is wonderfully written, as is your portrayal of Wynssa. Keep it up! :D

24. Shezan

May 14, 2001
    Darth_Fruitcake: All right, dear, you've definitely got me hooked. Thrawn is wonderfully written, as is your portrayal of Wynssa. Keep it up!

Yayyyyyy!!! I got Fruity hooked! I got Fruity hooked! [face_laugh]

[purrs like a cat]

25. Djuva

Jul 25, 2000

The idea behind this comment is pretty simple, though it really is not obvious except you think about an interpretation of Piett's Hmmm. Once behind the sun, we can wait six hours for the 'Judicator' to join us, and crush them. I like your idea
    which means that they're calling reinforcements to help, and his exchange with Corlag: After we've taken care of the riff-raff out there, see to it that Mister Thrawn here does two weeks of cleaning duty for defeatist and cowardly attitude, with docked pay and mention in his record."

"Sir, I--"

"Do you mean to challenge a direct order, Commander Piett?"

Piett forced himself to take a deep breath. "Sir, I don't, but--"

I think what this implies is that Corlag wants to do this on his own, without waiting for reinforcements, and implicitly forbids calling for help, if I understand correctly. Therefore Thrawn's request is defying an order, even though it was implicit. But this is Thrawn, so he surely caught it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.