main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hiya! :)

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by TrandoJedi, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Hello. If you couldn't guess already I'm new here to this MASSIVE forum! Been a fan of Star Wars since I was about 5 or 6. Maybe younger! Way back in the day when the Original Trilogy would come on TNT throughout the 90s! (At least I think it was TNT)

I've never really gone to any Star Wars forums, its been about 6 or 7 years since I was in a Star Wars forum(unless it was a Lucasarts related forum). So yesterday I tried to go on StarWars.com forums and apparently those shut down just yesterday! :eek:

But If figured I needed to get into the spirit of Star Wars things for May the 4th so I found this place and thought neat! So here I am. :D
    Happy Star Wars day!

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome TrandoJedi! :)

Yep, sadly they shut down their forum to read only mode and soon completely. :( But it's nice that you haven't given up your search for a nice Star Wars forum and found this one. I really hope you'll enjoy it and whenever you have a question, just ask, ok? :)

Have fun! :)

3. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    I am having fun. :) This place is so huge and active! Thank you for the welcome. :D

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome Trando!! You've definitely found the right place to talk Star Wars :D Are there any particular forums you're interested in getting to know?

5. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    Right now I'm curious what is the difference between the Star Wars Community and Saga forums. Saga is talking about all the movies I guess? But the Community is just other SW stuff?

6. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Welcome Trando. It's exactly as it sounds. They talk about anything and everything SW from all aspects. There are tons of games, you could join a faction like the "New Jedi Trails" (Jedi/LightSide) or the "Acolytes of Desruction" (Sith/Dark Side.) Or just go to the Cloud City Cantina to chat with the people there. Hope that helps. [face_peace]

7. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I couldn't have explained it better. :)

8. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    Welcome to the forums TrandoJedi! :)

9. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Both Saga and Star Wars Community (SWC) are pretty nice places :) I encourage you to check them out!

10. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    Thanks for the welcome ILuvJarJar and Darth Furio. :) Definitely plan on looking into the community forums more.

I definitely like the Saga and Community forums the most so far. :) Definitely nice.

11. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    We don't bite, much. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.